Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT NIKE SB shoe releases thread  (Read 2431112 times)

Sold Out, sweet son of a bitch and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 715
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT NIKE SB shoe releases thread
« Reply #14160 on: June 19, 2022, 11:56:05 PM »
Sort of reminds of the Nike SB FP model.

At least those had a decent shape. Now look at how the tooling tappers inwards on the Nyjah’s. That shit looks like they are trying to stretch a 8us outsole into a 12us upper. Looks so bad.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #14161 on: June 20, 2022, 12:04:47 AM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 259
« Reply #14162 on: June 20, 2022, 01:05:08 AM »

Koston was wearing the black ones which might present better

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 410
« Reply #14163 on: June 20, 2022, 02:25:34 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

The presto is one of my fav shoes ever, and maybe the one I wish I designed the most, truly ahead of its time.
In other hand, this thing right here is a straight up abortion. Holy shit! :o

Mine too, the presto is incredible!

I can see the influence with the reinforcements, but this looks like that abomination Axion just released ...

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #14164 on: June 20, 2022, 02:55:08 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Koston was wearing the black ones which might present better

I don’t mind the wackiness of the shoe, in fact it’s almost weird enough to work for me, but it’s the landing strip on the toe might disqualify it.   The looking down aspect has killed a lot of shoes for me, most notably the old skool.   

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 989
« Reply #14165 on: June 20, 2022, 06:19:04 AM »

Sample size 21.

Thanks for posting the pics!

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 516
« Reply #14166 on: June 20, 2022, 07:55:38 AM »
this is probably the least visually appealing page in this thread, lol

mattdlx

• Rep: 165
« Reply #14167 on: June 20, 2022, 02:00:04 PM »
Beats the heck out of the page with that Neckface monstrosity though
SPB!

Pbn_jake

• Rep: 34
« Reply #14168 on: June 20, 2022, 08:30:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Nike SB has currently no direction. Beside Blazer and Dunk colorways, the other designs are subpar. The Ishods are doing alright because they are Ishod's signature model. If it was a team model it would be a commercial failure. The design and fit should have been improved before the release.
Those wanna be Cortez are horrible.
[close]

Everyone has moved on to halfcabs and tiagos. Nike fell off hard.

*looks in shoe closet at tiagos,half cabs and ishods*

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 594
« Reply #14169 on: June 20, 2022, 08:34:12 PM »
Random question, but I remembered having a pair of Nike SBs in high school that were based off a soccer shoe l. I did a quick search and I think they're called the Gatos. Do they make a shoe similar to that now?

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #14170 on: June 20, 2022, 10:10:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Nike SB has currently no direction. Beside Blazer and Dunk colorways, the other designs are subpar. The Ishods are doing alright because they are Ishod's signature model. If it was a team model it would be a commercial failure. The design and fit should have been improved before the release.
Those wanna be Cortez are horrible.
[close]

Everyone has moved on to halfcabs and tiagos. Nike fell off hard.
[close]

*looks in shoe closet at tiagos,half cabs and ishods*

Nike fell off because they have two selling models (three if you split Blazer mids and Blazer lows) that the poster will acknowledge. 

Two brands with one popular model each are doing better than Nike and one of those models has been around for 30 years.   

Anti-Nike logic is always so bizarre.   

whoami

• Rep: -43
« Reply #14171 on: June 20, 2022, 11:11:25 PM »
Random question, but I remembered having a pair of Nike SBs in high school that were based off a soccer shoe l. I did a quick search and I think they're called the Gatos. Do they make a shoe similar to that now?

Gawd I wish they'd start making FC's again.

GershonSweaty

• Rep: -3
    • @_moreinformation avatar image
« Reply #14172 on: June 21, 2022, 05:59:13 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Gawd I wish they'd start making FC's again.

Logged in for the first time in a bit to second this, If sb can pivot quick enough they should get it out asap the rise in popularity of the samba and spezial lately would surely be the reason to do it. Give Nike purists an option and those that want an alternative.

EDIT: just to clarify the orginal not the cup sole second version.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1154
« Reply #14173 on: June 21, 2022, 06:31:25 AM »
How many shoes are Nyjah contractually obligated to get. I legitimately like that He's gone the progressive tech route for his shoes, but it also seem like nike is not interested in marketing them. No Nyjah shoe was hyped like the ishod.

jerrygurneyscream

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #14174 on: June 21, 2022, 06:37:48 AM »
How many shoes are Nyjah contractually obligated to get. I legitimately like that He's gone the progressive tech route for his shoes, but it also seem like nike is not interested in marketing them. No Nyjah shoe was hyped like the ishod.

I dunno about that the nyjah 2 had a lot of hype up. Those spiridon colorways did pretty well for sure

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 882
« Reply #14175 on: June 21, 2022, 06:40:08 AM »
The nyjah is their regular potato chips dependable/ available don't really need advertising. the ishods are limited garlic bread, popcorn, meat pie etc flavoured chips get the passing shoppers like oh wow crazy gotta try these, dam I missed the pumpkin pie but I'll make sure I get the hawain pizza chips etc

dstrytruitt

• Rep: 128
« Reply #14176 on: June 21, 2022, 07:44:52 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
The nyjah is their regular potato chips dependable/ available don't really need advertising. the ishods are limited garlic bread, popcorn, meat pie etc flavoured chips get the passing shoppers like oh wow crazy gotta try these, dam I missed the pumpkin pie but I'll make sure I get the hawain pizza chips etc

Marketing analysis game strong

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #14177 on: June 21, 2022, 10:39:22 AM »
I see a lot of people who don't appear to be skaters wearing Nyjahs, so I think they're selling - just not as a skate shoe. I saw a guy from a distance the other day in a store and his shoes got my attention because I thought they were Spiridons, but then I got closer and saw they were just Nyjahs. I have seen a couple people skating in them, but it's not common - I think the Nyjah 2 has taken the torch from the Janoski as the non-skater's Nike skate shoe of choice.

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 139
« Reply #14178 on: June 21, 2022, 12:42:20 PM »
Expand Quote
anyone know when the Mets dunk hi's drop

LFGM
[close]

Euro shops had them last week and US riders were posting them then too.   I’d say your local would have them before the month’s out
I figured this shoe wasn’t so hot when I saw a local shop just selling it in their website, no fake names to hide from the bots or nothing, sizes 8-10. Just went to look and they still have them up, so any of the Finnish pals want some get at them, the rest of you have to treat this as a nostalgia trip to pre 2018 when you could just browse SB Dunks in the shop and buy them

https://www.beyondstore.fi/product/25470/nike-sb-dunk-high-new-york-mets-cloud-grey--rush-blue--team-orange
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2316
« Reply #14179 on: June 21, 2022, 12:58:09 PM »
At our store Nyjahs outsell Ishods around 3 to 1 (unfortunately). Lots of the Nyjah sales are to non-skaters, but people do skate them too (unfortunately). The brown Ishods on the first drop sold crazy but any other colour has not done great for us (unfortunately).

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1143
« Reply #14180 on: June 21, 2022, 06:45:34 PM »
At our store Nyjahs outsell Ishods around 3 to 1 (unfortunately). Lots of the Nyjah sales are to non-skaters, but people do skate them too (unfortunately). The brown Ishods on the first drop sold crazy but any other colour has not done great for us (unfortunately).

I’d skate either/both, without shame, if my feet were pain free. Dunno how either of them are as far as cushioning…
I’m probably wrong, but there feels like a slightly underserved market in old people that skate.

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1154
« Reply #14181 on: June 21, 2022, 08:01:28 PM »

Interesting, I hardly ever see Nyjah’s in the wild. But i can see their appeal.

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 139
« Reply #14182 on: June 22, 2022, 01:31:57 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I’d skate either/both, without shame, if my feet were pain free. Dunno how either of them are as far as cushioning…
I’m probably wrong, but there feels like a slightly underserved market in old people that skate.
Haven’t tried Ishods but Bruin React are very good to my feet/back so I’d imagine them being as well. Tiagos are also great and I have G6 Gammas up next so I feel like there are options put there
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #14183 on: June 22, 2022, 03:11:01 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I might have bought a pair of the spiridons if Nyjah wasn’t associated

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 989
« Reply #14184 on: June 22, 2022, 11:04:11 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I've seen the 1s more than the 2s out and about. Definitely not as popular as the Janoskis. Ishods are kind of big around here.

Unrelated but I enjoy cut of everybody's jib at Ninetimes.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2316
« Reply #14185 on: June 22, 2022, 12:51:40 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Neither are overly very cushioned to be honest. Tiagos and Tyshawns are the best shoes for your feet if you want them to feel nice but have a shoe that isn't overly bulky or thick.

Both close friends I have who tried the Nyjah 2 both hated them so much that they don't even wear them or skate them.

Ahaha thanks. I'm not responsible for that banner but that one cracked me up.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #14186 on: June 22, 2022, 01:08:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Neither are overly very cushioned to be honest. Tiagos and Tyshawns are the best shoes for your feet if you want them to feel nice but have a shoe that isn't overly bulky or thick.

Both close friends I have who tried the Nyjah 2 both hated them so much that they don't even wear them or skate them.

Expand Quote

[close]

Ahaha thanks. I'm not responsible for that banner but that one cracked me up.

Thanks!

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal

Ok

• SLAP Pal

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #14189 on: June 25, 2022, 02:11:02 PM »

I do want that shoe.

Yeah it really startled me in a bad way at first glance, but on foot, I’m diggin it

If someone can actually imbed it, for some reason the link has only been showing up lately when I attempt