Author Topic: Spitfire formula four  (Read 405457 times)

FrozenIndustries

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 168
Re: Spitfire formula four
« Reply #2940 on: October 24, 2020, 06:46:01 PM »
Been skating 50mm f4 99a classics . Pretty perfect lil wheel

seems they not so common around here wished
I grabbed two sets when I had the chance

The best wheel. I have a set on ice. 50/51mm 99 F4 classics and tablets are my favorite and are all I ever want to skate.

That being said, currently skating some 50mm big heads and I'm truly impressed with how they handle crust. Also have some 49mm boardycakes princess cuts (like a tablet) on ice that I will try at some point.

clown_conspirator

• Rep: 0
« Reply #2941 on: October 25, 2020, 09:49:58 AM »
I'm in desperate need of new wheels but the shortage, as we all know, is making that hard. 6 months ago I couldn't track down F4s and ended up buying Bones STF despite riding Spits since I was a child. I fucking hate them and am scavenging for new wheels. I ride mostly transition at the park but do some street skating/ledges too. I want the 58mm conical full but those are nowhere to be seen. I tracked down some 60mm F4 classics, I was wondering if anyone has experience with these specifically for tranny. I'm worried that the roundness would boot me off the coping during 5-0 stand ups.

Mbrimson88

• Rep: 21
  • Aussie skate shop guy
« Reply #2942 on: October 25, 2020, 04:00:45 PM »
I'm in desperate need of new wheels but the shortage, as we all know, is making that hard. 6 months ago I couldn't track down F4s and ended up buying Bones STF despite riding Spits since I was a child. I fucking hate them and am scavenging for new wheels. I ride mostly transition at the park but do some street skating/ledges too. I want the 58mm conical full but those are nowhere to be seen. I tracked down some 60mm F4 classics, I was wondering if anyone has experience with these specifically for tranny. I'm worried that the roundness would boot me off the coping during 5-0 stand ups.

Are you in the USA or where?  That situation sounds exactly like here in Australia up until a week ago, when a small drop arrived, but all that were left were 50mm and 60mm classics, for the most part.  Now shops have 56mm conical full in stock and on ebay.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2020, 04:19:16 PM by Mbrimson88 »
I talk too much.  Sorry.

Mbrimson88

• Aussie skate shop guy
« Reply #2943 on: October 25, 2020, 04:16:24 PM »

There are often two broad wheel types that people love or hate depending on which ones you are used to, the conical / square edge and the classic / rounded edge.  Although I am way more a fan of the classic, I know a lot of people who have been used to the conical say they fall off the coping on the classic round edge.  They are a bit different to skate, but once the classics wear down a bit with a wider surface they are really good and don't stick as much as conical wheels do, so they allow for longer grinds.

Right now I don't think there is much in the Formula Four over 56 coming out, but there are the 56 conical full so you could see if you can track down a set of those.

I would think that the 60mm classics would actually be really good and fun as they are a lot wider too, but that is just me.

I recall seeing this post, but right now I cannot get on their shop page, but Uprise skate shop show up to 58mm.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CF5oc1aplS5/

I talk too much.  Sorry.

Level 60 Dwarf Rogue

• Rep: -55
« Reply #2944 on: October 25, 2020, 04:37:16 PM »
You’ll be fine.

Nth syd bear

• Rep: 0
« Reply #2945 on: October 25, 2020, 05:59:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Been skating 50mm f4 99a classics . Pretty perfect lil wheel

seems they not so common around here wished
I grabbed two sets when I had the chance
[close]

The best wheel. I have a set on ice. 50/51mm 99 F4 classics and tablets are my favorite and are all I ever want to skate.

That being said, currently skating some 50mm big heads and I'm truly impressed with how they handle crust. Also have some 49mm boardycakes princess cuts (like a tablet) on ice that I will try at some point.
I'm definitely going to pick up a set of big heads when they're is stock again

I ordered two sets of 50mm f4 classics from Parade world US on Thursday
According to DHL they coming today (to Australia) that is fast
Shit I order in my own city doesn't get here that quick

Pretty happy with that. now if the rain would stop

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 183
« Reply #2946 on: October 28, 2020, 12:09:48 PM »
DROP 4
https://www.spitfirewheels.com/

97a classic shape
54, 56mm

F4 OG Classics

Stigmata

• Rep: 7
« Reply #2947 on: October 28, 2020, 12:51:50 PM »
I def wanna try those new OG Classics in FF4!!

Xen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 148
  • Go Faster!
« Reply #2948 on: October 28, 2020, 06:54:00 PM »

Same, but for some reason I was thinking they'd drop the 97a in the OG classic...oh well.

fulfillthedream

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -11
« Reply #2949 on: October 28, 2020, 07:07:41 PM »
haha i always contemplate getting some different shape or duro.. again only to go back to the classic f4 99a.. works soo perfect for me. 
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2950 on: October 28, 2020, 07:54:11 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Same, but for some reason I was thinking they'd drop the 97a in the OG classic...oh well.
that would’ve been sweet. Like the nonf4 OG classics just started riding a set.

yourbreakfsat

• Rep: 75
« Reply #2951 on: October 28, 2020, 10:57:35 PM »
DROP 4

97a classic shape
54, 56mm

F4 OG Classics

Say the truth with me guys.

I do not need new wheels. The wheels I have right now are perfectly fine.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 456
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #2952 on: October 28, 2020, 11:14:55 PM »
Expand Quote
DROP 4

97a classic shape
54, 56mm

F4 OG Classics

[close]

I do not need new wheels. The wheels I have right now are perfectly fine dogshit and holding me back from achieving my full potential.

Fixed some typos for ya.
Did any of you guys ever notice that if you took off the end "er" from his name, moved the "b" to after the "i" and then added an "l" to the "b" that you just moved, you'd spell "Bible"?

Cellular

• Rep: 11
« Reply #2953 on: October 29, 2020, 12:36:52 AM »

Been skating these for like six months. No flatspotting, rides amazing, yellows a little but not too bad

I mean he is kinda doing dog drugs so I fuck with it

Mbrimson88

• Aussie skate shop guy
« Reply #2954 on: October 29, 2020, 03:33:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
DROP 4

97a classic shape
54, 56mm

F4 OG Classics

[close]

I do not need new wheels. The wheels I have right now are perfectly fine dogshit and holding me back from achieving my full potential.
[close]

Fixed some typos for ya.

I have not laughed like that in a while!

I think we could all have more wheels and still be perfectly happy.
I talk too much.  Sorry.

off

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 108
  • no gods no masters
« Reply #2955 on: October 29, 2020, 03:37:01 AM »
whats the difference between the og classics and say a conical/conical full? seems the same by the description

Mbrimson88

• Aussie skate shop guy
« Reply #2956 on: October 29, 2020, 03:37:36 AM »
So I have come up with my own wheels, given I have too many classics, which are now nicely worn down...

May I present the Classic ASS, just a simple lover of the wider round shape, straight from years of skating to a new era of small wheels near you.

I talk too much.  Sorry.

beatifk

• Rep: 47
« Reply #2957 on: October 29, 2020, 04:09:44 AM »
So I have come up with my own wheels, given I have too many classics, which are now nicely worn down...

May I present the Classic ASS, just a simple lover of the wider round shape, straight from years of skating to a new era of small wheels near you.

This is my preferred shape as well... And the reason I buy the biggest wheels available at the moment so by the time I get them down to 52mm they are the best shape.

FrozenIndustries

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 168
« Reply #2958 on: October 29, 2020, 06:19:18 AM »
whats the difference between the og classics and say a conical/conical full? seems the same by the description

Can't find the chart but OG classics have a narrower width and a wider contact patch than conical fulls and are wider in both areas than a regular conical. IIRC they also have a more square edge, whereas the CF/C are rounded before they cone in.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2959 on: October 29, 2020, 06:31:05 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Can't find the chart but OG classics have a narrower width and a wider contact patch than conical fulls and are wider in both areas than a regular conical. IIRC they also have a more square edge, whereas the CF/C are rounded before they cone in.
can take a pic later to compare the shape, but the OG Classics have more of a "cutaway" i think
pulling from tactics:
og classic
54mm
32.3mm width
23mm riding surface

conical full
54mm
35mm width
22mm riding surface

Spitfire 54mm OG Classics (99 Duro) Wheels at Uprise

Spitfire 54mm Formula Four Conical Full (101 Duro) Wheels at Uprise

Mbrimson88

• Aussie skate shop guy
« Reply #2960 on: October 29, 2020, 07:54:06 AM »
The inside of any new Spitfire wheels packaging has the OG profile in the mix (top right), which I had here but will have to take another pic of as I cannot find it online either.

It is almost like a radial outer edge with the conical middle, if that makes any sense.  In other words it is a bit more squared off with a slightly rounded corner but then cuts away down the profile a bit more towards the bearing seat.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFQ4FiUl6TA/
I talk too much.  Sorry.

Frank and Fred

• Rep: 34
« Reply #2961 on: October 29, 2020, 08:59:59 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

This is my preferred shape as well... And the reason I buy the biggest wheels available at the moment so by the time I get them down to 52mm they are the best shape.

Ha ha. Classic. That must be why when my 58mm Classics get to 54mm they look and feel perfect.

beatifk

• Rep: 47
« Reply #2962 on: October 29, 2020, 09:42:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Ha ha. Classic. That must be why when my 58mm Classics get to 54mm they look and feel perfect.

Here's mine that started as 55mm and are now about 50mm. I think that I'll set up one more deck until I retire the wheels and trucks.

Mbrimson88

• Aussie skate shop guy
« Reply #2963 on: October 29, 2020, 03:40:42 PM »
Sorry for posting too much, but yeah they look about perfect, as per second and second last pic of what were 58mm classics.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGRr0Bml1lO/
I talk too much.  Sorry.

Freelancevagrant

• Rep: 67
« Reply #2964 on: October 29, 2020, 03:58:23 PM »
SAY LESS

TAKE ALL OF MY MONEY

Ask a medical expert about pre-teens and their bones, unless you are scared to.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 456
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #2965 on: October 29, 2020, 07:24:03 PM »
SAY LESS

TAKE ALL OF MY MONEY

The turntable slipmat is pretty cool.

Wish they would do more pro wheels in the Radial Slim aside from the regular green and red venomous ones.
Did any of you guys ever notice that if you took off the end "er" from his name, moved the "b" to after the "i" and then added an "l" to the "b" that you just moved, you'd spell "Bible"?

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -127
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2966 on: October 30, 2020, 03:56:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
DROP 4

97a classic shape
54, 56mm

F4 OG Classics

[close]

[close]

Fixed some typos for ya.
Rocklobster speaking the truth

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 221
« Reply #2967 on: October 30, 2020, 06:24:02 AM »
gonna need those 60mm OG classic F4s for my 215s

YungJugg

• Rep: 36
« Reply #2968 on: October 30, 2020, 07:05:13 AM »
Just here to appreciate the F4 thread being on page 99.
working hard like if he was from the 1920s or something

Frank and Fred

• Rep: 34
« Reply #2969 on: October 30, 2020, 09:26:53 AM »
I wanted a slightly softer wheel for winter parking garage and slippery spots and to make pushing through the crusty streets in the cold more appealing. So I have some 95a OJ nomads on the way but I already know my F4 betrayal will bite me in the arse and I should have waited for the 97a F4s... Forgive me Jim T, I'll be back.