Author Topic: Spitfire formula four  (Read 394894 times)

clown_conspirator and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

off

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 105
  • no gods no masters
Re: Spitfire formula four
« Reply #2880 on: September 18, 2020, 07:32:46 PM »
looking for an 51mm f4 to pair with venture lows. classics, tablets, or conical? been skating flat, curbs, ledges, and small gaps

tzhangdox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
« Reply #2881 on: September 18, 2020, 08:03:05 PM »
looking for an 51mm f4 to pair with venture lows. classics, tablets, or conical? been skating flat, curbs, ledges, and small gaps

classics have least wheelbite and a bit more nimble, tablets or conicals a little better for all terrain and lock in. to be honest wheel shapes for the most part really is splitting hairs so dont trip about it too much.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 185
« Reply #2882 on: September 23, 2020, 12:27:05 PM »
anyone have measurements of the classic full? (not to be confused with OG classic shape)

edit nvm found it
Classic full 54mm - wheel width 34 riding surface 19

Spitfire Classic Full 52mm F4 99A Wheels: Amazon.co.uk: Sports & Outdoors

Radial 54mm - wheel width 34 riding surface 20

Spitfire Formula Four 99D Radial 52mm | Multi | Wheels | 2111002252 |  Caliroots

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #2883 on: September 23, 2020, 05:12:52 PM »
Iím sure Iím late to this but when did spitfire start getting manufactured in Mexico? I thought they was made in SF?

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 469
  • Hellride v. Wellread
« Reply #2884 on: September 23, 2020, 10:20:05 PM »
I didn't know non-F4 "bigheads" are actually like a classic full F4 shape, these are way better. Can't do classic shape anymore after being on big wide wheels, they look too skinny. I recommend the bigheads, that is all.
Thank you for unraveling the mystery of the bighead shape. I've always wondered...

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 443
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #2885 on: September 23, 2020, 11:05:52 PM »
Someone was selling almost new knock off Spitfire Conicals for $15, thought I would give them a try to see how well they hold up. The are Conical Fulls and I'm riding Bones V3 at the moment, not sure if I can handle the girth.
Did any of you guys ever notice that if you took off the end "er" from his name, moved the "b" to after the "i" and then added an "l" to the "b" that you just moved, you'd spell "Bible"?

Fat Tire

• Rep: -1
  • "Do A Kickflip!" Hahaha...
« Reply #2886 on: September 23, 2020, 11:52:32 PM »
Iím sure Iím late to this but when did spitfire start getting manufactured in Mexico? I thought they was made in SF?

F4 still are as far as I know, did you get a new set with made in Mexico on them?

knee surgery

• Rep: 7
« Reply #2887 on: September 24, 2020, 05:52:37 AM »
is the f4 classics formula any different? bought some 54mm 99a f4 classics and they don't feel like my old non-classics ones (regular 99a f4s), they actually feel like minilogos or some cheap ass wheels.

Frank

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 293
« Reply #2888 on: September 24, 2020, 06:09:14 AM »
happy i came across some 99a f4 classics in 54mm. i'm so goddamn broke, but i'll be damned if i don't set up at least one set of new wheels this year. my current pair is now over a year old because i cheaped out on stocking up before winter last year and is down to what feels like less than 50mm. also need a reason to use those big ball bearings i bought almost a year ago that i didn't want to put into some worn down wheels.

Diocletian

• Rep: 32
« Reply #2889 on: September 24, 2020, 07:48:34 AM »
Expand Quote
I didn't know non-F4 "bigheads" are actually like a classic full F4 shape, these are way better. Can't do classic shape anymore after being on big wide wheels, they look too skinny. I recommend the bigheads, that is all.
[close]
Thank you for unraveling the mystery of the bighead shape. I've always wondered...

Yeah I dig em. Wish they still made classic fulls though because these non-F4's flatspot really easily.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2890 on: September 24, 2020, 08:07:47 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

F4 still are as far as I know, did you get a new set with made in Mexico on them?

Yeah they are F4 99a classics. Iím sure theyíll skate fine just kinda of a bummer because if I have the option Iíd like to buy American and I thought  spits was made in USA and Iíll prob start buying bones after these. 

Firebert

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
    • Instagram
« Reply #2891 on: September 24, 2020, 08:41:25 AM »
You're late on this they've been made in Mexico for years now

Murge

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2892 on: September 24, 2020, 10:46:01 AM »
My bad. Thats a bummer. Itís been a few years since I got new wheels. So it makes since. Either way bummer

spacial_profiling

• Rep: -45
« Reply #2893 on: September 24, 2020, 05:53:00 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
My bad. Thats a bummer. Itís been a few years since I got new wheels. So it makes since. Either way bummer

Why a bummer? Itís like decks being outsourced to Mexico... keeps the cost down, quality up, and promotes trade between boarders.

I like some bones, but just cause theyíre rich enough to keep their production in the states and carry the nice guy shtick doesnít mean theyíre any better or your money is going to anything more sustainable.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2894 on: September 24, 2020, 08:53:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Why a bummer? Itís like decks being outsourced to Mexico... keeps the cost down, quality up, and promotes trade between boarders.

I like some bones, but just cause theyíre rich enough to keep their production in the states and carry the nice guy shtick doesnít mean theyíre any better or your money is going to anything more sustainable.

Yeah I mean youíre right. But if I have the option of buying American I would prefer to do so. Jobs and all that. I work in manufacturing as a machinist and so I just prefer if I have the option to opt for supporting manufacturing and jobs in America. I donít disagree with what your saying. But itís just a preference

El Fapinator

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -265
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
« Reply #2895 on: September 29, 2020, 05:01:08 PM »
F-4ís were Spitfires answer to Bones STF and SPF.  Iíve tried both and Iíve learned a few thingís.  Bones are a knockoff and close enough wheels compared to Spitfires the rest are garbage.

Frank and Fred

• Rep: 23
« Reply #2896 on: September 29, 2020, 05:22:47 PM »
I try to make ethical purchases. I care about labor conditions, environmental regulations and so on but F4s are so good, I might not care if my first born was enslaved and forced to pour F4 urethane for her whole childhood as it enhances my skateboard experience that much.

I joke of course...  If F4s were really shitting on the planet and workers that badly I would reluctantly settle for the 99a STFs.

RichardBarkley

• Rep: -58
« Reply #2897 on: September 30, 2020, 04:50:54 AM »
What's the smallest f4 size.

Trying to see if should get board cakes fat bundts or not

FrozenIndustries

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 148
« Reply #2898 on: September 30, 2020, 06:44:51 AM »

They made 49mm F4 classics but I haven't seen any in ages. The 51mm Tablets, while they are indeed 1mm taller than the 50mm classics, are very slim and wear down evenly and still skate wonderfully when tiny. I ran my last set down to 46mm and was still hesitant to retire them.

gonzSOI

• Rep: -4
« Reply #2899 on: September 30, 2020, 07:15:54 AM »
do any of you know if Spitfire makes or plans on making a 95A wheel?  im riding 80HD's now.  they are so smooth, but too soft for sliding.  i was also thinking of running a set of OJ's because i found a set of 95A's.

anybody have any experience to compare the two? let me know what yall think.  i havent had a set of OJ's since the early 90's.

chris.

• Rep: 22
« Reply #2900 on: September 30, 2020, 07:31:22 AM »
A 97a F4 is coming soon ish.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
  • Go Faster!
« Reply #2901 on: September 30, 2020, 07:36:54 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

They made 49mm F4 classics but I haven't seen any in ages. The 51mm Tablets, while they are indeed 1mm taller than the 50mm classics, are very slim and wear down evenly and still skate wonderfully when tiny. I ran my last set down to 46mm and was still hesitant to retire them.

I just setup 51mm tabs with the intent on getting them in the mid 40 range

FrozenIndustries

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2902 on: September 30, 2020, 07:48:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

They're kind of great for that because they maintain shape and it doesn't look weird or anything. I'll post pics of my 46s later.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 185
« Reply #2903 on: September 30, 2020, 08:14:58 AM »
do any of you know if Spitfire makes or plans on making a 95A wheel?  im riding 80HD's now.  they are so smooth, but too soft for sliding.  i was also thinking of running a set of OJ's because i found a set of 95A's.

anybody have any experience to compare the two? let me know what yall think.  i havent had a set of OJ's since the early 90's.
as @chris. said above a 97a spitfire formula is coming. I just grabbed some classic formula OG classics to try in the meantime. Little more forgiving than the 99a per reviews. There was discussion on the OJ Nomads 95a formula in the Wheels thread, below. OJ just shared some clips around the wheel on their YT page.
https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=82118.msg3402380#new

RichardBarkley

• Rep: -58
« Reply #2904 on: September 30, 2020, 08:30:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

They're kind of great for that because they maintain shape and it doesn't look weird or anything. I'll post pics of my 46s later.

Yeah please do cheers man

gonzSOI

« Reply #2905 on: September 30, 2020, 09:44:53 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
as @chris. said above a 97a spitfire formula is coming. I just grabbed some classic formula OG classics to try in the meantime. Little more forgiving than the 99a per reviews. There was discussion on the OJ Nomads 95a formula in the Wheels thread, below. OJ just shared some clips around the wheel on their YT page.

good deal, appreciate you PALS

gonzSOI

« Reply #2906 on: September 30, 2020, 09:47:05 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

sick vid as well, thanks for the link

chris.

• Rep: 22
« Reply #2907 on: September 30, 2020, 12:36:29 PM »
Tablets under 50mm are so good. I gave away my last worn down set and I miss them.

l1ll1ll1

• Rep: 2
« Reply #2908 on: September 30, 2020, 02:13:57 PM »
Tablets under 50mm are so good. I gave away my last worn down set and I miss them.

Mine just hit 49mm (coming from 53), they start to chip away more now. Like, F4s are loosing some pieces sometimes, but mine are really going at it now. Don't know why.

Made In China

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -39
« Reply #2909 on: September 30, 2020, 02:25:56 PM »
anyone have measurements of the classic full? (not to be confused with OG classic shape)

edit nvm found it
Classic full 54mm - wheel width 34 riding surface 19

Spitfire Classic Full 52mm F4 99A Wheels: Amazon.co.uk: Sports & Outdoors

Radial 54mm - wheel width 34 riding surface 20

Spitfire Formula Four 99D Radial 52mm | Multi | Wheels | 2111002252 |  Caliroots

Is there a good breakdown for all of the different F4 wheels like this? I want to order another pair but all the different offerings is a little confusing. (Also sorry if this question has been asking multiple times before!)