Author Topic: Spitfire formula four  (Read 391934 times)

Kcmontie and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 149
  • Go Faster!
Re: Spitfire formula four
« Reply #2850 on: September 04, 2020, 10:49:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Was on 99a F4s for the past six months or so; just put on a set of STF v3s and man am I having F4 withdrawals. STFs are good wheels too and I usually switch between F4s and STFs but there was just something about that last set of F4s that just felt way too good; the STFs just don稚 feel right now by comparison.
[close]

STF feels like plastic trash after riding some F4 imo

103 STFs do (but I still find them faster in partks) but the 99a stf feel much better.

Banned from the room

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
    • Aural Buthcheryers
« Reply #2851 on: September 04, 2020, 07:58:19 PM »

Anyone recognize these spits? The internet sucks for research lately especially without skately.

Looking like 54mm 99a conical fulls for slappies and hill bombing. Do they still power slide pretty easily being that big?

Yes but I think radial is better. I've had 4 f4 shapes. Radial Full was the best for everything except flat bar.

The conical is top dog on rails and pool coping.

I tried lock ins for a minute on a homie board. They remind me of old single cut wheels. 101 a would have been better maybe?

Radial and classics are the best shapes for ledges and curbs for sure.

The radials last longer than all other spits.

Maybe I'll use photo evidence later to provide scientific Data. I have a pile of old wheels.

Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

peterpenis

• Rep: 0
« Reply #2852 on: September 08, 2020, 12:57:20 PM »
just came back from my first ever session on formula four.  finally made the switch from my last mike anderson shape ridden down to 45 mm to 56 conical fulls in 99a. had so much fun, so fast and felt like I was gliding through the streets. I think I found my new go to wheel. Can't imagine skating something like radial slims though, even with these soft big wheels getting into slides is super easy. hard slims must feel like skating on ice.

RichardBarkley

• Rep: -55
« Reply #2853 on: September 08, 2020, 02:48:51 PM »
just came back from my first ever session on formula four.  finally made the switch from my last mike anderson shape ridden down to 45 mm to 56 conical fulls in 99a. had so much fun, so fast and felt like I was gliding through the streets. I think I found my new go to wheel. Can't imagine skating something like radial slims though, even with these soft big wheels getting into slides is super easy. hard slims must feel like skating on ice.

99a f4 is the God wheel. Nothing comes close.

Twanked n Danked

• Rep: 59
« Reply #2854 on: September 08, 2020, 06:23:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Anybody had this happen? Put bearings in this set of radial slims and when I went today to set them up noticed one of the wheels had split entirely to the core....sent in a note to DLX so let's see.

[close]

Keep us updated. Hope they replaced. I've seen this happen with other wheels. Never with Spitfires though. This happened to a friend YEARS ago. Bam Element wheels, in like 2002/2003. Took him to the shop and were replaced without a hassle. I want to say he got the same ones again because it happened twice back to back. He ended up getting another brand the third time. Recently went back to Spitfires after having Ricta's for years and have had no issues with them.
[close]

I haven't seen any comments regarding these wheels being FAKE, but Spitfire DO NOT make Conical shapes with Radial Slim graphics, so I am guessing the person who bought these wheels was given the same info from DLX regarding the lack of authenticity of these so called Spitfire wheels.  Sad to say, but there are a lot more people selling fakes online, ebay or other places which you can often spot quite easily if you know, but if you are not aware, they can seem like the real thing very easily.  There are always small mistakes, eg shape to graphic, misprints on packaging, seemingly readily available when everywhere else is out...

Please buy from a reputable skate shop, as they should always have your back on products, quality and returns.

????????

He clearly stated they are radial slims

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 420
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #2855 on: September 08, 2020, 07:32:29 PM »
Happy to be told otherwise, but the set pictured look far too wide to be Radial Slims.  I still have a set or two and they are much slimmer than the ones pictured, which look more like a conical shape, which is very common on Aliexpress with slight differences in wheel shape, graphic, etc.

There are a few lots of these making the rounds at the moment, along with fake Bones bearings, Indy trucks, etc.

If I am wrong, then no worries and happy to admit it too.

I guess the question is where the wheels were purchased. Is it just me or do the wheels look too white to be Spitfires?
Did any of you guys ever notice that if you took off the end "er" from his name, moved the "b" to after the "i" and then added an "l" to the "b" that you just moved, you'd spell "Bible"?

os89

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 594
« Reply #2856 on: September 08, 2020, 08:20:48 PM »
Well these radial slims do look similar in shape and size to his.

tzhangdox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
« Reply #2857 on: September 08, 2020, 11:50:35 PM »
Happy to be told otherwise, but the set pictured look far too wide to be Radial Slims.  I still have a set or two and they are much slimmer than the ones pictured, which look more like a conical shape, which is very common on Aliexpress with slight differences in wheel shape, graphic, etc.

There are a few lots of these making the rounds at the moment, along with fake Bones bearings, Indy trucks, etc.

They just look wider because of the close up lens distortion. I've had the exact same Radial slims multiple times, one set also had a wheel crack in half exactly like that after less than 10 minutes. Emailed DLX and got a replacement set super quick. Probably had a few defects in a particular batch at some point.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2858 on: September 09, 2020, 01:14:59 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

They just look wider because of the close up lens distortion. I've had the exact same Radial slims multiple times, one set also had a wheel crack in half exactly like that after less than 10 minutes. Emailed DLX and got a replacement set super quick. Probably had a few defects in a particular batch at some point.

Guess it's just me being paranoid about fake Spitfires. the fakes are usually the:
Lacey Baker Pro Model
Conical Fulls 52mm 101a
Radial 53mm 99a
Radial Slims 52mm 101a (green snake)
Neckface Rowan 53mm

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/10000272944722.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.30f752ddZiosPH&algo_pvid=ae08b77a-08f1-4bcf-89dc-1a13bbcaf323&algo_expid=ae08b77a-08f1-4bcf-89dc-1a13bbcaf323-5&btsid=0bb0623615996391248975169e0cf1&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_
Did any of you guys ever notice that if you took off the end "er" from his name, moved the "b" to after the "i" and then added an "l" to the "b" that you just moved, you'd spell "Bible"?

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 202
« Reply #2859 on: September 09, 2020, 06:57:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Anybody had this happen? Put bearings in this set of radial slims and when I went today to set them up noticed one of the wheels had split entirely to the core....sent in a note to DLX so let's see.

[close]

Keep us updated. Hope they replaced. I've seen this happen with other wheels. Never with Spitfires though. This happened to a friend YEARS ago. Bam Element wheels, in like 2002/2003. Took him to the shop and were replaced without a hassle. I want to say he got the same ones again because it happened twice back to back. He ended up getting another brand the third time. Recently went back to Spitfires after having Ricta's for years and have had no issues with them.
[close]

I haven't seen any comments regarding these wheels being FAKE, but Spitfire DO NOT make Conical shapes with Radial Slim graphics, so I am guessing the person who bought these wheels was given the same info from DLX regarding the lack of authenticity of these so called Spitfire wheels.  Sad to say, but there are a lot more people selling fakes online, ebay or other places which you can often spot quite easily if you know, but if you are not aware, they can seem like the real thing very easily.  There are always small mistakes, eg shape to graphic, misprints on packaging, seemingly readily available when everywhere else is out...

Please buy from a reputable skate shop, as they should always have your back on products, quality and returns.
[close]

????????

He clearly stated they are radial slims
I almost exclusively skate radial slims and those are red Radial slims  Deff not conicals

padded_shorts

• Rep: 4
« Reply #2860 on: September 09, 2020, 07:15:47 AM »
They had some radial slims with bad bearing holes. I had a set that the bearings just wouldn't stay in, mine didn't split though, just bearings popped out. They sent me a replacement set. I'm guessing they are still pretty busy getting shops stocked right now, but be patient and I'm sure they'll take care of you.
No.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #2861 on: September 09, 2020, 07:50:07 AM »
A pair of my conical fulls are a bitch to get bearings in to. Does this vary that much with F4?

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -137
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2862 on: September 09, 2020, 10:43:51 AM »
Expand Quote
A pair of my conical fulls are a bitch to get bearings in to. Does this vary that much with F4?
[close]

Try a little bearing lubricant / oil, WD40 or something similar put on the inside wheel area and the bearings slide right in much more easily than when dry, especially if they are not new wheels with new bearings.
Or just spit on it

Peepeeboy69

• Rep: -5
« Reply #2863 on: September 09, 2020, 11:31:31 AM »
he he i was skating at cornell and somebody left a set of 52mm f4 classics, only skated down to 48-50mm. I'm currently riding 53mm's ridden down to 40mms so this is a true blessing.

FredGallsBallz

• Rep: -4
« Reply #2864 on: September 14, 2020, 09:04:52 AM »
I have an almost new set of 52mm F4 Classics that have maybe 20 hours of skating on them. Yesterday my board skirted out from me, rolled into some nearby grass, and my wheels grazed some dogshit. I went home and used about eight Clorox wipes disinfecting the wheels, trucks and deck. I think I did a thorough job cleaning what was really only a bit of doodie, but I can't shake the fact that my wheels touched fecal matter. I shouldn't really care because at any given time one's board is a germ infested nightmare, and my board is probably way cleaner now that I scrubbed it down than it was before the incident. Anyway, F4's are the best wheels, and this is just me publicly working through my issues. Peace.

Frank and Fred

• Rep: 22
« Reply #2865 on: September 14, 2020, 09:33:23 AM »
Completely understand. This rule might help you: Animal waste OK. Human Waste means replace. Except trucks. Do whatever you can to clean and keep your trucks.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2866 on: September 14, 2020, 09:47:43 AM »
Completely understand. This rule might help you: Animal waste OK. Human Waste means replace. Except trucks. Do whatever you can to clean and keep your trucks.

Even Krepar trucks?

os89

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 594
« Reply #2867 on: September 14, 2020, 10:50:41 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Even Krepar trucks?

Especially those.

MxsDx

• Rep: 9
« Reply #2868 on: September 14, 2020, 07:58:26 PM »

Diocletian

• Rep: 27
« Reply #2869 on: September 16, 2020, 10:48:07 AM »

I know what you mean. Poop is gross, my board would never feel right to me even after the disinfecting process. I rotate 2-3 pairs of shoes at a time, and if any of them steps in shit I just throw them away. Can't deal with trying to pick shit from the crevaces of an outsole.

cjt

• Rep: 6
« Reply #2870 on: September 16, 2020, 12:44:49 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I know what you mean. Poop is gross, my board would never feel right to me even after the disinfecting process. I rotate 2-3 pairs of shoes at a time, and if any of them steps in shit I just throw them away. Can't deal with trying to pick shit from the crevaces of an outsole.

If i step in shit I shelve the shoe out of rotation (quarantined) for at least a month then bang the fucker on the sidewalk, no shit hath ever survived

on topic of F4, I picked up some 56mm 99a conical fulls. I wanted smaller (51-53), but it's all the local homie shop had. I'm really enjoying them over the 51mm 99a radial slims I just ruined by shaving off a huge chunk boardsliding a manny pad. They lost their size super quick, so I'm hoping these new 56s will do the same and I'll end up even happier in the end.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #2871 on: September 16, 2020, 02:03:16 PM »
Dumb question. I looking to get new wheels. With spitfire (and bones) offering so many shapes I知 like what do I need? I skate street and a diy rarely hit the park.  I知 on 101 radials now. Trying get some flip tricks back etc do I need 99a f4 classics or 99a tablets or neither?

Edit. Is there a wheel that痴 good for flip tricks and feels stable and can bomb the occasional hill.

white guy in a durag

• Rep: 12
  • 0 days since last ankle injury
« Reply #2872 on: September 16, 2020, 02:10:33 PM »
Dumb question. I looking to get new wheels. With spitfire (and bones) offering so many shapes I知 like what do I need? I skate street and a diy rarely hit the park.  I知 on 101 radials now. Trying get some flip tricks back etc do I need 99a f4 classics or 99a tablets or neither?

I guess it mostly depends on your preferences and the terrain around you. Classics and tablets are both pretty skinny and pretty light, but tablets have a much wider contact patch, so they're much better on crusty ground but harder to slide around. Radial slims might be another good option if you like the radial, but want something more agile.

YungJugg

• Rep: 28
« Reply #2873 on: September 16, 2020, 04:14:41 PM »

Edit. Is there a wheel that痴 good for flip tricks and feels stable and can bomb the occasional hill.

The answer is always 99a Conical Full

50 Lions

• Rep: 1
« Reply #2874 on: September 16, 2020, 04:42:57 PM »
Just looking for a bit of advice. I’ve only ever skated bones and I’m looking to give Spitfire A shot.

I’m currently skating

STF V1,  53mm 103A

What would be a good conversion? Is there a clear cut Spitfire wheel that I shouldn’t look past?

Cheers
« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 04:53:18 PM by 50 Lions »

Mr. Stinky

• Rep: 57
« Reply #2875 on: September 16, 2020, 04:48:11 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Radials or radial slims flip a little easier in my experience. Conical full is a more fun shape, though. They feel like riding a bulldozer.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -137
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2876 on: September 17, 2020, 05:05:43 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

This x 2

HyenaChaser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 126
« Reply #2877 on: September 17, 2020, 05:32:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
This x 2

I知 gonna counter that with a x 3
You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes

MalHuis

• Rep: -12
« Reply #2878 on: September 17, 2020, 05:57:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
This x 2
[close]

I dont know man. Been on a classics kick, they just go down easier throwing your board around in the air. That and worn down classics just looks the part.

Conical fulls are more bulldozer, got a fresh set of 55 99a rowans for my next setup though just for a change up.

All this being said "The answer is always 99a Conical Full F4s"

gsosa

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -48
« Reply #2879 on: September 17, 2020, 09:50:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
This x 2
[close]

[close]

I dont know man. Been on a classics kick, they just go down easier throwing your board around in the air. That and worn down classics just looks the part.

Conical fulls are more bulldozer, got a fresh set of 55 99a rowans for my next setup though just for a change up.

All this being said "The answer is always 99a Conical Full F4s"
I feellike Tablets are a nice middle ground between Conical Fulls and Classics, since the riding surface is almost the same as the Conical Fulls yet they have a much slimmer profile. I fucking love my Tablets