Author Topic: Spitfire formula four  (Read 689266 times)

RichardBarkley

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -765
Re: Spitfire formula four
« Reply #2880 on: September 30, 2020, 04:50:54 AM »
What's the smallest f4 size.

Trying to see if should get board cakes fat bundts or not
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #2881 on: September 30, 2020, 06:44:51 AM »

They made 49mm F4 classics but I haven't seen any in ages. The 51mm Tablets, while they are indeed 1mm taller than the 50mm classics, are very slim and wear down evenly and still skate wonderfully when tiny. I ran my last set down to 46mm and was still hesitant to retire them.

gonzSOI

« Reply #2882 on: September 30, 2020, 07:15:54 AM »
do any of you know if Spitfire makes or plans on making a 95A wheel?  im riding 80HD's now.  they are so smooth, but too soft for sliding.  i was also thinking of running a set of OJ's because i found a set of 95A's.

anybody have any experience to compare the two? let me know what yall think.  i havent had a set of OJ's since the early 90's.

chris.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 184
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2883 on: September 30, 2020, 07:31:22 AM »
A 97a F4 is coming soon ish.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 937
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #2884 on: September 30, 2020, 07:36:54 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

They made 49mm F4 classics but I haven't seen any in ages. The 51mm Tablets, while they are indeed 1mm taller than the 50mm classics, are very slim and wear down evenly and still skate wonderfully when tiny. I ran my last set down to 46mm and was still hesitant to retire them.

I just setup 51mm tabs with the intent on getting them in the mid 40 range

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #2885 on: September 30, 2020, 07:48:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

They're kind of great for that because they maintain shape and it doesn't look weird or anything. I'll post pics of my 46s later.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #2886 on: September 30, 2020, 08:14:58 AM »
do any of you know if Spitfire makes or plans on making a 95A wheel?  im riding 80HD's now.  they are so smooth, but too soft for sliding.  i was also thinking of running a set of OJ's because i found a set of 95A's.

anybody have any experience to compare the two? let me know what yall think.  i havent had a set of OJ's since the early 90's.
as @chris. said above a 97a spitfire formula is coming. I just grabbed some classic formula OG classics to try in the meantime. Little more forgiving than the 99a per reviews. There was discussion on the OJ Nomads 95a formula in the Wheels thread, below. OJ just shared some clips around the wheel on their YT page.
https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=82118.msg3402380#new

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2887 on: September 30, 2020, 08:30:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

They're kind of great for that because they maintain shape and it doesn't look weird or anything. I'll post pics of my 46s later.

Yeah please do cheers man

gonzSOI

« Reply #2888 on: September 30, 2020, 09:44:53 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
as @chris. said above a 97a spitfire formula is coming. I just grabbed some classic formula OG classics to try in the meantime. Little more forgiving than the 99a per reviews. There was discussion on the OJ Nomads 95a formula in the Wheels thread, below. OJ just shared some clips around the wheel on their YT page.

good deal, appreciate you PALS

gonzSOI

« Reply #2889 on: September 30, 2020, 09:47:05 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

sick vid as well, thanks for the link

chris.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 184
« Reply #2890 on: September 30, 2020, 12:36:29 PM »
Tablets under 50mm are so good. I gave away my last worn down set and I miss them.

l1ll1ll1

• Rep: 56
« Reply #2891 on: September 30, 2020, 02:13:57 PM »
Tablets under 50mm are so good. I gave away my last worn down set and I miss them.

Mine just hit 49mm (coming from 53), they start to chip away more now. Like, F4s are loosing some pieces sometimes, but mine are really going at it now. Don't know why.

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 646
« Reply #2892 on: September 30, 2020, 02:25:56 PM »
anyone have measurements of the classic full? (not to be confused with OG classic shape)

edit nvm found it
Classic full 54mm - wheel width 34 riding surface 19

Spitfire Classic Full 52mm F4 99A Wheels: Amazon.co.uk: Sports & Outdoors

Radial 54mm - wheel width 34 riding surface 20

Spitfire Formula Four 99D Radial 52mm | Multi | Wheels | 2111002252 |  Caliroots

Is there a good breakdown for all of the different F4 wheels like this? I want to order another pair but all the different offerings is a little confusing. (Also sorry if this question has been asking multiple times before!)

BMCsteve

• Rep: 54
« Reply #2893 on: September 30, 2020, 02:41:35 PM »
Expand Quote
anyone have measurements of the classic full? (not to be confused with OG classic shape)

edit nvm found it
Classic full 54mm - wheel width 34 riding surface 19

Spitfire Classic Full 52mm F4 99A Wheels: Amazon.co.uk: Sports & Outdoors

Radial 54mm - wheel width 34 riding surface 20

Spitfire Formula Four 99D Radial 52mm | Multi | Wheels | 2111002252 |  Caliroots

[close]
Is there a good breakdown for all of the different F4 wheels like this? I want to order another pair but all the different offerings is a little confusing. (Also sorry if this question has been asking multiple times before!)

https://www.spitfirewheels.com/formulafour/

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #2894 on: October 01, 2020, 06:05:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Here they are, started at 51 and now 46. Still skateable but, but they were looking wild on some of the big boy shapes. I set them up at the beginning of April and was skating them consistently through July. I was home from work and skating every day, so it is a testament to how well they hold up.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2895 on: October 01, 2020, 06:32:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Here they are, started at 51 and now 46. Still skateable but, but they were looking wild on some of the big boy shapes. I set them up at the beginning of April and was skating them consistently through July. I was home from work and skating every day, so it is a testament to how well they hold up.

Wow they hold up so well. Nice one man.

Think that's what I'll do

handsclapanin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #2896 on: October 01, 2020, 10:56:54 AM »
I was actually looking on Amazon the other day and almost bought a digital measuring caliper with the intent of only using it to measure my wheels. It was only $10.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1888
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #2897 on: October 01, 2020, 10:57:11 AM »
Radial Slims or Conicals in 52mm and 101d? I'm coming from Bones V1, V2 and V3. Something light would be preferred.

If anyone has a set to get rid of hit me up to, thanks!
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #2898 on: October 01, 2020, 11:20:46 AM »
I was actually looking on Amazon the other day and almost bought a digital measuring caliper with the intent of only using it to measure my wheels. It was only $10.

Almost got a digital as well but decided I just wanted that brass one to throw in my bag and not have to worry about a battery or anything. It was similarly priced.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #2899 on: October 01, 2020, 11:32:18 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Almost got a digital as well but decided I just wanted that brass one to throw in my bag and not have to worry about a battery or anything. It was similarly priced.
got this one a while back

https://www.amazon.com/Digital-Caliper-Adoric-Calipers-Measuring/dp/B07DFFYCXS/ref=sr_1_4?crid=3E3AO4G7SBSR4&dchild=1&keywords=digital+caliper&qid=1601577091&sprefix=digital+calip%2Caps%2C151&sr=8-4

Stigmata

• Rep: 8
« Reply #2900 on: October 01, 2020, 12:22:41 PM »
I got some new Formula Four classics this week and the color of them look different than the normal almost dark tan color they usually are. These are closer to an off-white, eggshell color.

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #2901 on: October 01, 2020, 12:25:08 PM »
I got some new Formula Four classics this week and the color of them look different than the normal almost dark tan color they usually are. These are closer to an off-white, eggshell color.
I saw a couple left in the vans store in the mall and one looked like coffee and the other looked almost white in comparison - both f4s in 99a too. It kinda makes me appreciate getting a really light colored set.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 937
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #2902 on: October 01, 2020, 01:48:26 PM »
Radial Slims or Conicals in 52mm and 101d? I'm coming from Bones V1, V2 and V3. Something light would be preferred.

If anyone has a set to get rid of hit me up to, thanks!

Radial Slims or Tablets.

V1 is a wider V3 (and vice versa) V1 is closer to a spit classic (but not as round or wide).

Radial slims = V2s shape-wise but V2 are thinner

Tablets are also similar to Vs just more strait cut/smaller lip

Radial Slims are the widest spits I'll touch.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #2903 on: October 04, 2020, 12:43:08 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I saw a couple left in the vans store in the mall and one looked like coffee and the other looked almost white in comparison - both f4s in 99a too. It kinda makes me appreciate getting a really light colored set.

my new set of classics 99a is also off white eggshell colored, my last two sets had a darker, more yellowed up tint. they fortunately ride the same. also glad i got the lighter wheels, although spits darken more nicely than bones for example, they yellow into this atomic piss color that is really unappealing. f4s just look like old, but solid wheels.

ClownOfTheDay

• Rep: -17
  • I miss Assflea
« Reply #2904 on: October 20, 2020, 08:16:18 AM »
I remember radial slims 101's sliding really well. Maybe that's cuz of the smaller profile but I think I might get a set of those or normal radials, Lately I've been sizing down my wheel sizes, I used to skate really big wheels only like 58's but right now a 54 feels really big, 53's are comfortable but I wanna try 51 or 50.

Frank and Fred

« Reply #2905 on: October 20, 2020, 08:26:43 AM »

Soon, come, please.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2906 on: October 20, 2020, 08:56:14 AM »
Does anyone have a set of radial slims and classics? Want to compare shapes front the side profile to see how much the side rounds out on radial slims which can be hard to see from the stock Google images.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

baustin

• Rep: 115
« Reply #2907 on: October 20, 2020, 09:13:44 AM »
Does anyone have a set of radial slims and classics? Want to compare shapes front the side profile to see how much the side rounds out on radial slims which can be hard to see from the stock Google images.

These are some 54mm Radial Slims I started skating roughly a week ago.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2908 on: October 20, 2020, 09:16:07 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Thanks for the pic, are the sides rounder, kind of like a bubble effect around the side of the wheel?
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

baustin

• Rep: 115
« Reply #2909 on: October 20, 2020, 09:19:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Thanks for the pic, are the sides rounder, kind of like a bubble effect around the side of the wheel?

They definitely have a nice round side profile. They’re not straight cut at all, but still not as rounded as classics so you get more riding surface. I like everything about the shape other than the bearing seats not being very deep in the wheels which leaves the axle nuts and bearings more exposed.