Author Topic: Spitfire formula four  (Read 707675 times)

sebbo and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1028
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Spitfire formula four
« Reply #3360 on: April 07, 2021, 06:44:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Where the fuck are those 97a F4OG classics at?
[close]
only classic and conical full to my knowledge. I think the OG classic 97a was a misprint/rumor only
[close]

That's a bummer, I was holding out...just bit on the 97a 54mm conical fulls that are out....so be it.

Yes, as Jay said, there was a mix up and they put the pic of OG Classic instead of the normal Classic in the shop / distro catalog for the 97 duro spread, which then found its way into places like Slap pals posts. They definitely said only Classic in 54 and 56, Conical Full in 54 and 56 with the hint of some 58 mm but none anywhere I have seen so far.

I have been offline a lot lately though.
I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Dong Hanglo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 34
« Reply #3361 on: April 08, 2021, 04:45:26 PM »
What's the verdict on the 97a FF?

Mega interested in rolling a pair. I'm coming from riding Spitfire Classic no formula style.

Is it going to be too soft for my comfort zone?

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 994
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #3362 on: April 08, 2021, 04:56:14 PM »

Mega interested in rolling a pair. I'm coming from riding Spitfire Classic no formula style.

Just set up some 54mm Conical Fulls, 97a today, going to test them out on rough terrain over the next couple of days.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #3363 on: April 08, 2021, 07:27:34 PM »
Been skating the 97a CF 56mm for a couple days now. So good. Fast, smooth, slides great.

I guess it's because of some of the shittier spots and how the handle crust but the feel so fast that it almost caught me off guard.

Frank and Fred

« Reply #3364 on: April 08, 2021, 07:36:30 PM »

I've posted my review several times but the verdict is good. Perfect for crusty spots but also good for super slick spots. They are slower than the 99s in skateparks and they wear down a bit quicker also but that's to be expected from a softer wheel.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #3365 on: April 08, 2021, 08:02:39 PM »
97a all day I don’t ride smooth parks so I don’t see a reason for anything else

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -761
« Reply #3366 on: April 08, 2021, 11:06:24 PM »
I've written loads of times here... They are imo... The best wheel ever made.
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

drinny

• Rep: 22
« Reply #3367 on: April 09, 2021, 05:47:33 AM »
Really wanna try these 97a Conicals... waiting for stock to hit UK again, see how they roll vs. Keyframes (which I love but can stick on ledges/board slides if you’re not a bit careful)

Also curious about those Hazard Wheels in the lock-in shape... but a 97a duzitall wheel would be nirvana finally.

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 863
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3368 on: April 09, 2021, 03:43:02 PM »
56mm conical full 97a

skating new york streets and i cant see any reason to go back to 99a, or any other wheel for that point. they make my 2 year old reds feel like swiss over any terrain, they are that good
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #3369 on: April 09, 2021, 03:53:38 PM »
56mm conical full 97a

skating new york streets and i cant see any reason to go back to 99a, or any other wheel for that point. they make my 2 year old reds feel like swiss over any terrain, they are that good

Right? Maybe it's just how much better they are with shitty east coast streets but I can't believe how fast they are.

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 863
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #3370 on: April 09, 2021, 05:37:12 PM »
Expand Quote
56mm conical full 97a

[close]

Right? Maybe it's just how much better they are with shitty east coast streets but I can't believe how fast they are.
either way they fucking go.

really dont see the need for another wheel
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -761
« Reply #3371 on: April 10, 2021, 01:05:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
56mm conical full 97a

[close]

[close]

Same here guys.

It's funny I took out my 7.6 quiver yesterday on the brutal Dublin streets. I got 99a f4s on it.

Man I could really really feel the difference in my legs this morning. So sore.

I'm 97a for life.
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3372 on: April 10, 2021, 10:58:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
56mm conical full 97a

[close]

[close]

[close]

Same here guys.

It's funny I took out my 7.6 quiver yesterday on the brutal Dublin streets. I got 99a f4s on it.

I'm 97a for life.

The 97a Spits are the real deal. They feel just a tad slower than the 99a but just roll over anything. I'm sold.

Slide great, and will still slide out if you are not careful, but legit feel like a cruiser wheel when cruising and a regular wheel when you want them to be. I skate crusty spots these days so they're perfect.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2021, 05:25:15 PM by Xen »

Lloyd Braun

• Rep: 80
« Reply #3373 on: April 10, 2021, 02:44:13 PM »
The Spigire 97a
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
56mm conical full 97a

[close]

[close]

[close]

Same here guys.

I'm 97a for life.
[close]

The 97a Spits are the real deal. They feel just a tad slower than the 99a but just roll over anything. I'm sold.

Slide great, and will still slide out if you are not careful, but legit feel like a cruiser wheel when cruising and a regular wheel when you want them to be. I skate crusty spots these days so they're perfect.

How much ledge skating do you do? Curious as that’s what I skate 90% of the time. The 97as sound great, but I’m thinking they will be too sticky. I know you said they still slide, but how much harder is it to say nose slide ? Lip slide/blunt slides?

palelight

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #3374 on: April 10, 2021, 02:51:18 PM »
Anyone have a chance to compare the 97a Spits to 95a Oj Nomads? Seem to be trying to hit the same market. Always loyal to Spitfire, but I do dig Oj's for softer stuff ...

FirstBlood82

• Rep: 117
« Reply #3375 on: April 10, 2021, 03:01:37 PM »
Expand Quote
The Spigire 97a
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
56mm conical full 97a

[close]

[close]

[close]

Same here guys.

I'm 97a for life.
[close]

[close]

How much ledge skating do you do? Curious as that’s what I skate 90% of the time. The 97as sound great, but I’m thinking they will be too sticky. I know you said they still slide, but how much harder is it to say nose slide ? Lip slide/blunt slides?

bluntslides was no problem with 97, lipslide dont know (forbidden 14)

Frank and Fred

« Reply #3376 on: April 10, 2021, 03:47:19 PM »
Anyone have a chance to compare the 97a Spits to 95a Oj Nomads? Seem to be trying to hit the same market. Always loyal to Spitfire, but I do dig Oj's for softer stuff ...

I've posted a comparison in other threads a few times now. Long story short, both really good wheels that roll as advertised. I prefer the spits as they feel closer to what I usually ride (F4 99as). However the OJs really impressed me also.

The OJs feel like a legit 95 and the Spits a legit 97. Both were almost impossible to flatspot, or chip. Both seem to wear slightly faster than harder wheels but both also seemed faster than other wheels I've used in those durometers.

Crusty streets or super slick indoor spots. Can't go wrong with either.

palelight

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #3377 on: April 10, 2021, 03:52:53 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I've posted a comparison in other threads a few times now. Long story short, both really good wheels that roll as advertised. I prefer the spits as they feel closer to what I usually ride (F4 99as). However the OJs really impressed me also.

The OJs feel like a legit 95 and the Spits a legit 97. Both were almost impossible to flatspot, or chip. Both seem to wear slightly faster than harder wheels but both also seemed faster than other wheels I've used in those durometers.

Crusty streets or super slick indoor spots. Can't go wrong with either.

Much obliged!

mbam003

• Rep: 20
« Reply #3378 on: April 11, 2021, 11:01:26 AM »
Can anyone tell what shape and size wheels these are? Those are Indy 149's and Jaakko is on Spitfire.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1323
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #3379 on: April 11, 2021, 11:06:30 AM »
^52 F4 OG Classics would be my guess
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

mbam003

« Reply #3380 on: April 11, 2021, 12:41:42 PM »
DC Domino came out 9 months ago, I guess the F4 OG classics came out later? My 52mm F4 Tablets look tiny on my 149s. I figured maybe the wheels in the picture are a little bit bigger?

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #3381 on: April 11, 2021, 01:57:35 PM »
Can anyone tell what shape and size wheels these are? Those are Indy 149's and Jaakko is on Spitfire.

These look like 53mm radials to me.
IG: @flowterspace

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3382 on: April 11, 2021, 02:08:02 PM »
Expand Quote
The Spigire 97a
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
56mm conical full 97a

[close]

[close]

[close]

Same here guys.

I'm 97a for life.
[close]

[close]

A fair amount; they are bit stickier than 99s but just a tiny bit, we're talking 2 duro difference here...I had no problems with blunt slides and didn't feel them sticking on grinds.

So I'm stating the obvious but clearly classic and conical full are the most popular shapes as they get the full spectrum duro treatment spit offers. I'd love to see the radial slim in this duro.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2021, 07:00:38 PM by Xen »

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1292
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3383 on: April 11, 2021, 06:14:24 PM »
Just put on some 101 conical fulls (first time on 101 f4) and holy shit, they feel noticeably faster for me. Or at least it takes less push to get the same speed. Definitely not as comfy on the knees as the 99s but for now, I’m welcoming the change.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1323
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #3384 on: April 11, 2021, 06:23:58 PM »
I'll probably regret this but Parade just put up a bunch of listings for 97a CFs so shops probably have them in now.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

mbam003

« Reply #3385 on: April 12, 2021, 01:02:54 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

These look like 53mm radials to me.

Such a difficult wheel to find!  :)

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #3386 on: April 12, 2021, 02:26:34 PM »
Just checking but there's no 97a f4s under 54mm right? Would be down for a 53 or 52 tbh, in a radial slim or something ideally.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #3387 on: April 12, 2021, 02:39:33 PM »
Just checking but there's no 97a f4s under 54mm right? Would be down for a 53 or 52 tbh, in a radial slim or something ideally.

They recently posted something about some 53mm classics coming soon in 97a.

Edit:

@Mbrimson88

Making 97a classics in 53mm now... not much different than the 54mm we already have

Lloyd Braun

• Rep: 80
« Reply #3388 on: April 12, 2021, 03:46:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
The Spigire 97a
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
56mm conical full 97a

[close]

[close]

[close]

Same here guys.

I'm 97a for life.
[close]

[close]

[close]

A fair amount; they are bit stickier than 99s but just a tiny bit, we're talking 2 duro difference here...I had no problems with blunt slides and didn't feel them sticking on grinds.

So I'm stating the obvious but clearly classic and conical full are the most popular shapes as they get the full spectrum duro treatment spit offers. I'd love to see the radial slim in this duro.

Thanks for the feedback pals. I also would prefer smaller than 54's and a different shape, lock ins or tablets ideally but radials would be cool too. I may just get a set to put on the neighborhood cruiser for when I take my dog on runs. You guys are liking them on rough asphalt? I have 80hds and they are fine as far as speed, but im never comfortable cruising as I can't power slide on hills.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3389 on: April 13, 2021, 01:03:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
The Spigire 97a
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
56mm conical full 97a

[close]

[close]

[close]

Same here guys.

I'm 97a for life.
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Thanks for the feedback pals. I also would prefer smaller than 54's and a different shape, lock ins or tablets ideally but radials would be cool too. I may just get a set to put on the neighborhood cruiser for when I take my dog on runs. You guys are liking them on rough asphalt? I have 80hds and they are fine as far as speed, but im never comfortable cruising as I can't power slide on hills.

They're really great wheels .- more sizes would be very welcome tho...I still have high hopes for an OG classic in 97a