Author Topic: Spitfire formula four  (Read 689311 times)

versacekid420

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1131
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Spitfire formula four
« Reply #3630 on: September 23, 2021, 01:34:52 PM »
Expand Quote
i’m not sure what you guys have been talking about in here as i don’t frequent this section of slap often, but if anyone’s been looking for 52-55 conical fulls, i came across this on ebay. i messaged the guy because i was curious about how legit these were, and he said that these are made in the same factory as spitfire, just no logos. https://www.ebay.com/itm/133612170680
[close]

Those wheels are treadded and aren't the right color. I kindly don't believe it.

edit: but if you do get a set, let us know how they are.
see that’s what got me. the tread and the discoloration. in the first one i was like oh wow but then i slid through the pictures and that’s what lead me to ask the guy. i may get some just to see because they’re only $20 but i also don’t wanna be stuck with 101s if they suck

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #3631 on: September 23, 2021, 02:51:05 PM »
FWIW Spitfires and any kind of bearings seem to be the most common counterfeit skate gear. I would save my dough or just buy a set of OJs or something because the likelihood those are true Spits is really low.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3632 on: September 23, 2021, 03:47:12 PM »
i’m not sure what you guys have been talking about in here as i don’t frequent this section of slap often, but if anyone’s been looking for 52-55 conical fulls, i came across this on ebay. i messaged the guy because i was curious about how legit these were, and he said that these are made in the same factory as spitfire, just no logos. https://www.ebay.com/itm/133612170680

Totally NOT at all anything to do with Spitfire or DLXSF.COM product.

There is a counterfeit thread still floating around (not updated for a minute) but the number of people who don't have a shop or legitimate seller account trying to sell off things like that on ebay is at an all time high, many claiming something, or having the fake wheels and other products but no ties to the skateboard industry, a shop, etc.

Sure they might be ok wheels to skate, but claiming they are from certain same manufacturers is very much a flat out lie.

COUNTERFEIT SKATE GEAR THREAD

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=115386.0
I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3633 on: September 23, 2021, 04:54:27 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

There is a counterfeit thread still floating around (not updated for a minute) but the number of people who don't have a shop or legitimate seller account trying to sell off things like that on ebay is at an all time high, many claiming something, or having the fake wheels and other products but no ties to the skateboard industry, a shop, etc.

Sure they might be ok wheels to skate, but claiming they are from certain same manufacturers is very much a flat out lie.

glad you said this. thank you

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3634 on: September 23, 2021, 05:25:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
glad you said this. thank you

Easy.

The funny thing, but also important point to note, always check the feedback, which in this case is pretty bad.

https://www.ebay.com/fdbk/feedback_profile/skate_supply?lb=1

To quote the most recent one:

"False advertising. Not “spitfire formula four” in the slightest. Junk, soft generic mfg, seller claims made at same factory which doesn’t make them “spitfire” Ebay please remove this seller from the ebay community, which is based on trust and integrity. This seller even outright lied when I specifically asked if they were spitfires, prior to my purchase!. , absolute scam scam scam scam scam scam scam, not spitfire, do not buy from this liar."

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1118
« Reply #3635 on: September 23, 2021, 05:42:35 PM »

Absolutely not Spitfires, just cheap imported junk from a seller without scruples
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1888
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #3636 on: September 23, 2021, 06:55:21 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Absolutely not Spitfires, just cheap imported junk from a seller without scruples

There are loads of these guys on China shopping platforms, claiming they are from the same factory as Spitfire. They even post up videos of Chinese workers in a factory in China, sorting and packaging the wheels. Which is strange because Spitfires are made in North America / Mexico.

Ok for $3, definitely not worth it for $20 - fine for a beginner but if you've ridden the good stuff before you'll fine these sorely lacking. I sure hope you like sticking on your slides because these are the stickiest wheels I've ever ridden.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

skateviewer

• Rep: 5
« Reply #3637 on: September 23, 2021, 07:34:21 PM »
in case anyone was curious, here’s the classic full measurements (bought a set of the 53mm today, noticed it wasn’t on the formula four page)

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3638 on: September 24, 2021, 05:52:59 AM »
in case anyone was curious, here’s the classic full measurements (bought a set of the 53mm today, noticed it wasn’t on the formula four page)

Thanks!

It is funny they have pulled almost all the info for the Classic Full, but even more funny they still haven't actually got the right measurements in there, especially for the bigger wheel sizes.

I think the 53mm was about right, but the 54 and up were wider overall that what is listed.

How were yours?

This was a post from back in June when I measured some of the sets I had:

Classic Full are a wider wheel overall, so add 1 to 2 mm to the middle width of classics, but yeah only 1 or 2 mm total width difference, to .5 mm difference between classic to radials.

I should take a pic of the Classic Full packaging, but they actually get all the measurements wrong.

Fixed the widths to be more accurate, although I think they were maybe .5 mm wider in the 56 and 58 mm sizes.

MysticalTypeExperience

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #3639 on: September 24, 2021, 12:55:37 PM »
Anyone here have issues with F4 consistency?

I put on my first pair of conical full 54mm. First of all they all had different size air bubbles in the core from the manufacturing. After I put on, only 2 of them spin straight, the other two look like they've been slightly malformed. Also, the graphics on one of them is printed crooked.

Maybe I'm just being picky here but I've had cheaper wheels with better quality control.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #3640 on: September 24, 2021, 02:19:44 PM »

I put on my first pair of conical full 54mm. First of all they all had different size air bubbles in the core from the manufacturing. After I put on, only 2 of them spin straight, the other two look like they've been slightly malformed. Also, the graphics on one of them is printed crooked.

Maybe I'm just being picky here but I've had cheaper wheels with better quality control.
DLX has super good customer service and will replace those if you contact them. Use the Hit Us Up button on the homepage: https://www.dlxsf.com/
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3641 on: September 25, 2021, 01:40:12 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
DLX has super good customer service and will replace those if you contact them. Use the Hit Us Up button on the homepage: https://www.dlxsf.com/

Or hit them up on social media, they are responsive on IG
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3642 on: September 25, 2021, 02:33:25 AM »

Also just checking where you got them from too.

Not a big deal, as I haven't seen many of those as fake wheels, but there are lots of others floating round.

I have had and seen some that do look unevenly made in manufacturing, but still rolled fine when I had them on the board.  Anything like that is a valid claim, so as said above, hit them up and send pics, etc.

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3643 on: September 25, 2021, 07:28:33 AM »

they sent 2 sets of f4s with three 52mm wheels and one 54. funniest thing i’ve seen product wise in a while and ive seen the jeff dechesare pro model

MysticalTypeExperience

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #3644 on: September 29, 2021, 10:58:00 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Also just checking where you got them from too.

Not a big deal, as I haven't seen many of those as fake wheels, but there are lots of others floating round.

I have had and seen some that do look unevenly made in manufacturing, but still rolled fine when I had them on the board.  Anything like that is a valid claim, so as said above, hit them up and send pics, etc.

I ordered them from Skate Warehouse

Messaged DLX via their site a few days ago, no response yet.

listentoaheartbeat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 187
« Reply #3645 on: October 09, 2021, 07:47:20 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Thanks!

It is funny they have pulled almost all the info for the Classic Full, but even more funny they still haven't actually got the right measurements in there, especially for the bigger wheel sizes.

I think the 53mm was about right, but the 54 and up were wider overall that what is listed.

How were yours?

This was a post from back in June when I measured some of the sets I had:

Classic Full are a wider wheel overall, so add 1 to 2 mm to the middle width of classics, but yeah only 1 or 2 mm total width difference, to .5 mm difference between classic to radials.

I should take a pic of the Classic Full packaging, but they actually get all the measurements wrong.

Fixed the widths to be more accurate, although I think they were maybe .5 mm wider in the 56 and 58 mm sizes.

Couldn't resist and ordered 52mm Classic Fulls. I've really been enjoying the 52mm Classics lately and figured the extra width wouldn't hurt when I need a new set.

My set matches the measurements printed on the packaging as posted above. Perfectly, too. I've used a caliper. Here's a comparison shot with my worn-down 52mm Classics:

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3646 on: October 09, 2021, 06:11:17 PM »

Couldn't resist and ordered 52mm Classic Fulls. I've really been enjoying the 52mm Classics lately and figured the extra width wouldn't hurt when I need a new set.

My set matches the measurements printed on the packaging as posted above. Perfectly, too. I've used a caliper. Here's a comparison shot with my worn-down 52mm Classics:

Did you have to order from outside of EU or did a local shop get them in?

I think the 54mm classic full is the one I would skate if I only had one wheel to choose from and skate from new.

The bigger classics are nice when they wear down a few mm, but most of the time it just doesn't work to get 56 or 58mm wheels and take the time to wear them down to between 52-54 mm.

Mine from the other day, now about 53mm.

listentoaheartbeat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3647 on: October 10, 2021, 12:45:50 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Did you have to order from outside of EU or did a local shop get them in?

I think the 54mm classic full is the one I would skate if I only had one wheel to choose from and skate from new.

The bigger classics are nice when they wear down a few mm, but most of the time it just doesn't work to get 56 or 58mm wheels and take the time to wear them down to between 52-54 mm.

Mine from the other day, now about 53mm.

Classic Fulls are available at several (mailorder) shops in Germany at the moment. They are called Repeaters and come in 52, 53, 54 mm:

https://no-comply.de/search?type=product&q=Repeaters

I don’t want to put risers on my street setup so riding anything above 54 mm is not really an option for me anyway, but I also really like small and light wheels on my street setup atm.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3648 on: October 10, 2021, 03:46:06 AM »

Classic Fulls are available at several (mailorder) shops in Germany at the moment. They are called Repeaters and come in 52, 53, 54 mm:

I don’t want to put risers on my street setup so riding anything above 54 mm is not really an option for me anyway, but I also really like small and light wheels on my street setup atm.

Glad there are some available over there, as others had been saying there were minimal F4s around that they could find.

Might be limited to some places or styles though, but that shop seems to have a good range, sizes, styles, etc.

listentoaheartbeat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3649 on: October 10, 2021, 04:03:16 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Glad there are some available over there, as others had been saying there were minimal F4s around that they could find.

Might be limited to some places or styles though, but that shop seems to have a good range, sizes, styles, etc.

When I got hooked on F4 in the beginning of the year anything but Classics were extremely hard to come by. Now there is plenty supply of various shapes, sizes, and duros. Some shops like Freedom in Vienna, No Comply in Colonge, and others seem to have specialized in F4 which is great. I am sure local shops here in Berlin have them, too, but they never have the boards I want so I’ve been buying online for years.

beandemon

• Rep: 180
« Reply #3650 on: October 10, 2021, 08:20:46 AM »
Are the 97a done? Seem to have come and gone.

skateviewer

• Rep: 5
« Reply #3651 on: October 10, 2021, 09:28:21 AM »

i tried the 97a conical fulls but went back to 99s cause they feel better for pretty much everything, just my preference though

Frank and Fred

« Reply #3652 on: October 10, 2021, 09:49:46 AM »
97s are pretty available. I'm on some right now and def prefer 99s. The softer ride is really only worth it either on really rough or very slippery spots. Same with the 101s. Worth trying but were only useful trying to slide the shit out of ledge and curb tricks. 99s are really the all-round sweet spot.

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 538
« Reply #3653 on: October 10, 2021, 09:59:47 AM »
97s are pretty available. I'm on some right now and def prefer 99s. The softer ride is really only worth it either on really rough or very slippery spots. Same with the 101s. Worth trying but were only useful trying to slide the shit out of ledge and curb tricks. 99s are really the all-round sweet spot.

I prefer 97a on my curb/flat ground board as my local curb spot can be a touch crusty

listentoaheartbeat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3654 on: October 10, 2021, 01:16:20 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I prefer 97a on my curb/flat ground board as my local curb spot can be a touch crusty

I actually didn’t like 97A on crusty asphalt since I’d get stuck when sliding 180 tricks even the tiniest bit. Shelved them after the first session, not sure whether I should sell them or try at the indoor park.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3655 on: October 10, 2021, 05:52:08 PM »

If anything they have sold beyond expectations, which is why you might not see many / any around in shops.

There are certainly a lot more people out there wanting slightly softer wheels too, but given it is a slightly different market and the wheels now coming in different sizes and shapes, many people have bought them, even if it is just to try them and see what they are like.

The set I have on a board has not really been skated much, but any time I know I am going to a slippery new skatepark, that is the setup I will be rolling on there.  I prefer a little more grip and a little less slip nowdays though.

Also interesting to hear that some people are more keen on them than others, which is all part and parcel to having a softer wheel.

My go to is the normal F4 99 duro, but the 97 duro wheel is perfect for a number of places I know and skate.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3656 on: October 10, 2021, 05:59:20 PM »
Im on 97 54mm conical fulls and i honestly can't tell the difference between the 99 and these. Maybe I just forgot what the 99's felt like...

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3657 on: October 10, 2021, 06:55:26 PM »
I wish they did those in more shapes like the Conical, Tablet or Radial Slim. The last of which I'm worried will never return to production.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3658 on: October 11, 2021, 03:34:44 AM »
I wish they did those in more shapes like the Conical, Tablet or Radial Slim. The last of which I'm worried will never return to production.

I kept meaning to ask, but did you "Hit them up" about the Radial Slims?

If you haven't and not going to, I might anyway, just to ask.

No biggie, but it might help your decision process if you did know they are done, or they are just having a break.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3659 on: October 11, 2021, 07:43:18 AM »
Not yet, I'll man up and DM them now.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m