Author Topic: Spitfire formula four  (Read 708418 times)

Monolithic Flick and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

jakeumms

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1323
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
Re: Spitfire formula four
« Reply #5910 on: March 28, 2024, 12:35:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
og classics get really sharp edges when they wear down…
right?
[close]

Yes. Takes a while though. At least with 58s. That's the only set I've had. Purple and green. I need some gold now.
[close]

had the purple 58s too, they look like shit below 55mm
[close]

I agree. They was my fall back piece wheel till my last two purchases. That really sharp edge is meh I guess.
Looks like a Zombu wheel tho. That's kinda cool.

I seen Dad Boards video today on the 93s. He said the radials come in 58.

I can't wait to see a set. Especially since the 97s are so bad ass. And he said they don't bounce like as bad as a dragon.
The sapphires was less bounty than the 80ds.

I should probably look to see if there's a Thorne video too. Ben Dad and Thorne are my main combined video source for product testing. As they are all similar to me in different ways.

Also
I'm assuming the 58 radial is going to be about 33 34mm wide since full isn't in the title.
That's sick if it's true.
 I'd like a 1/1 swap for my dragons. Which I enjoyed but definitely prefer Spit products. It's my shit. I liked pig too.

I'm just going to give the dragons to my brothers kids see if a soft wheel sparks interest. If it doesn't I'll take um back.

Hahahaha. Lil POSERS wanna play Roblox  ::)

They gotta earn the Spits. Old or not
Radials in 57 are 35.5 w/ a 22mm contact patch so 58s are probably 36/22.5ish. 57 is the highest Radial specs listed on the most recent Spit size guide I've seen.

Sorry just saw the size card in the Dad Board vid. 58 Radials are 38/25 so they are big mothers
« Last Edit: March 28, 2024, 12:49:07 PM by jakeumms »
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

texastoast

• Rep: 36
« Reply #5911 on: March 28, 2024, 01:58:09 PM »
im pretty stoked on the 93 58mm f4. the dims are close to a 60mm classic. if the slide is good then imma ditch the 99s. toronto streets are just way too fucked

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1112
« Reply #5912 on: March 28, 2024, 04:09:17 PM »
If I could power slide again on skatepark smooth, that would be great.  The x97’s are a real pain the ass, and when they do slide they make zero noise.

On asphalt and rough concrete they do great.

Hoping to see the updated Dadboard review in a month of his skating the f4 93’s

the x97s do great on this blacktop parking lot i skate all the time. slide better than the f4 99s (just for little back 180 slides). no noise tho. haven’t tried em at the skatepark.

i’ve kinda been scared of the park lately.

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 968
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #5913 on: March 29, 2024, 09:43:33 AM »
I'm pretty sure I'm copping a set. This month is gonna be a good ass month.

Definitely depends on I can get 58s or better.

This is April coming up right
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1030
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5914 on: March 29, 2024, 03:46:12 PM »
I'm pretty sure I'm copping a set. This month is gonna be a good ass month.

Definitely depends on I can get 58s or better.

This is April coming up right

Yes, the 93 duro wheels due out in a couple of days for the local USA market, but some shops even had them up earlier from what others had said, eg Val Surf which had them all listed for a minute, then either sold out or took down those listings.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 994
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #5915 on: March 29, 2024, 06:28:13 PM »

His riser positioning made me die a little inside...did he get universals/ventures and not the made for thunders?
https://youtu.be/S0Fn_H7YqAw?t=484

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 781
« Reply #5916 on: March 29, 2024, 06:31:17 PM »
He set up the wrong risers for sure.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5917 on: March 29, 2024, 07:26:31 PM »

For sure wrong, but (I've never seen any of the 3-ply real risers first hand) even if he switched them around they still wouldn't line up 1:1?

FirstBlood82

• Rep: 117
« Reply #5918 on: March 30, 2024, 12:39:54 AM »
Will the 93 bluntslide or will they be sticky on blunts like dragons????

If they slide, instant buy

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5919 on: March 30, 2024, 03:45:41 AM »
Will the 93 bluntslide or will they be sticky on blunts like dragons????

If they slide, instant buy

People have said they slide.

Can't remember who or where though.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5920 on: March 30, 2024, 03:56:26 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

His riser positioning made me die a little inside...did he get universals/ventures and not the made for thunders?

Expand Quote
[close]

For sure wrong, but (I've never seen any of the 3-ply real risers first hand) even if he switched them around they still wouldn't line up 1:1?

I guess because I pay attention to all the little things, I find it almost unwatchable / laughable / sad that some people really don't even do just a little research to get a bit more of an understanding about skate product and it really shows here in his last few videos, the unboxing of the DLX package, the setup video, which I didn't watch past getting a pic of those wheels and then as others say, the finished product.  I don't want to sound rude, but goodness he comes off as a bit of an idiot with so little product knowledge of anything that he gets out or looks at, then more so with that setup video.

He skates with and films with Ben de Gros, who could well be one of the most detailed and knowledgeable people posting videos and information, so it is almost like two opposites when I watch both of them at times.

Re those Real risers, sure they might not have had the correct risers in stock at whatever shop he went to - there are Thunder specific (blue), Venture specific (green) and Universal (yellow - Indy specific without saying it) which are pretty clearly labelled on the website, but even a number of other brands that have the long holes will fit Thunders well, so I will just leave it at that.

Any which way, I will still be super keen on those wheels and I did like the look of them for sure!

Link to those Real risers:

https://www.realskateboards.com/summer-2023/

« Last Edit: March 30, 2024, 04:05:41 AM by Mbrimson88 »

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5921 on: March 30, 2024, 10:51:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I guess because I pay attention to all the little things, I find it almost unwatchable / laughable / sad that some people really don't even do just a little research to get a bit more of an understanding about skate product and it really shows here in his last few videos, the unboxing of the DLX package, the setup video, which I didn't watch past getting a pic of those wheels and then as others say, the finished product.  I don't want to sound rude, but goodness he comes off as a bit of an idiot with so little product knowledge of anything that he gets out or looks at, then more so with that setup video.

He skates with and films with Ben de Gros, who could well be one of the most detailed and knowledgeable people posting videos and information, so it is almost like two opposites when I watch both of them at times.

Re those Real risers, sure they might not have had the correct risers in stock at whatever shop he went to - there are Thunder specific (blue), Venture specific (green) and Universal (yellow - Indy specific without saying it) which are pretty clearly labelled on the website, but even a number of other brands that have the long holes will fit Thunders well, so I will just leave it at that.

Any which way, I will still be super keen on those wheels and I did like the look of them for sure!

His are green so he was sent the Venture risers so even if he flipped them they'd be off (but waaaay better); I agree his videos are tough to watch - like the pros that speak of their indy titanium baseplates =D

Dad Board

• Rep: 64
« Reply #5922 on: March 30, 2024, 11:10:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

His are green so he was sent the Venture risers so even if he flipped them they'd be off (but waaaay better); I agree his videos are tough to watch - like the pros that speak of their indy titanium baseplates =D

The most frustrating shit is hearing an actual pro skater talk about their gear and get it wrong. I guess that shit probably matters less to a lot of them since they just skate it and don’t go through board madness trying to figure out how to optimize their wheel shape in order to scoop tre flips

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5923 on: March 30, 2024, 03:27:17 PM »

I thought he went out and bought those, which he did - just rechecked his previous video.

He can always go and buy the aftermarket white bushings for those trucks too - pretty easy.

The first rule I would apply is if you are about to do a video to put up on youtube, you should at least do some research and look into what the company is about, their latest products, their catalogs, etc.

* Sorry, mini rant over.

The most frustrating shit is hearing an actual pro skater talk about their gear and get it wrong. I guess that shit probably matters less to a lot of them since they just skate it and don’t go through board madness trying to figure out how to optimize their wheel shape in order to scoop tre flips

Ha yeah, as you said, I guess their ability to skate whatever they end up being sent is the plus for them, more so than their product knowledge, or lack of it, when it comes to some people - even some others I know who just skate and don't even think about what they are riding, who seem to be able to rip on anything and everything that they try.

I recall an Evan Smith video riding one 149 and one 159 truck, or John Gardner talking about switching out his ti axle trucks and putting hollow on cause they were lighter...  I guess that is also on the people making the video too - pull them up and don't post things that just make the guy or the brand look stupid.

Anyway, back to Spitfire wheels.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2024, 04:19:55 PM by Mbrimson88 »

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5924 on: March 30, 2024, 04:05:58 PM »
He bought them (he mentioned needing bearings and getting risers in his unboxing). That Gardner video was also the Ti baseplate one I believe; they pulled that video real fast.

Maybe it's just be, but if I'm repping a company that is paying/flowing me, I would want to be able to speak intelligently about the products/brands I'm working with. It's also on the filmer, editor, and whomever approves the video (Creative/brand managers).

minilogoflow

• Rep: 84

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 216
  • sup dog
« Reply #5926 on: March 31, 2024, 09:33:44 PM »
Another brand new account coming in on some absolute fuck shit

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5927 on: March 31, 2024, 10:09:17 PM »
Rad, can’t wait to try these.  Gonna support the local though first, and wait.

$47?!!!!!! :o
Daaaayum.

Gotta pay to play!

Tactics Spit wheel pricing is all over the place....you start thinking it's based on wheels size...but then nope...softer duro F4s cost more and then more if they are bigger...93a radials 58mm are $48.95...even the 97a are more than 99s...(unless on sale).

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5928 on: April 01, 2024, 03:55:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Rad, can’t wait to try these.  Gonna support the local though first, and wait.

$47?!!!!!! :o
Daaaayum.
[close]

Gotta pay to play!

Tactics Spit wheel pricing is all over the place....you start thinking it's based on wheels size...but then nope...softer duro F4s cost more and then more if they are bigger...93a radials 58mm are $48.95...even the 97a are more than 99s...(unless on sale).

Seems like the smaller Classics are almost sold out, then the Radials have way more in stock, especially the 56 mm size.

Funny how the smaller Classics sell faster, or Classics in general - roughly 10 or so of them with 2 of the 52 mm size, unless they didn't get as many as they did with the Radial shape wheels - still 20 or so of each.

I know wheels over 56 mm were more expensive, regardless of the duro or shape.  I think all newer wheels going forward are going to be more expensive though.

Same with DLX boards over 8.6 - the 8.75 and up are all in the higher price bracket.

* Just checked again and the Classics are almost all sold out now.  Better get in quick if you want any from there.

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1072
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #5929 on: April 01, 2024, 07:32:11 AM »
Pals, I’ve been helping test this wheel for a few months.
We have them on the site today. The bigger radials only have a few. Classic Reynolds 54 and radial 54 we have more.
https://www.35thave.com/module/search_content.htm?form_version=2&showSearchResults=1&search_keyword=Soft+slider&image.x=0&image.y=0

144p

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5930 on: April 01, 2024, 07:37:44 AM »
This was an initial review I made for deluxe this summer when I received the sample.
Not comfortable talking into the camera but just my 2 cents on the formula.
https://youtu.be/XI7tsRNe-7c?si=107KWLQCzn1rZf_7

apbarbs

• Rep: 36
« Reply #5931 on: April 01, 2024, 07:41:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

you sound like such a snob... sorry not everyone is a gear nerd and knows about every single product on the market

btw you gave someone incorrect measurements for the limo 8.25 on this post:
https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=120185.msg4178697#msg4178697

boneless900

• Rep: 58
« Reply #5932 on: April 01, 2024, 08:14:35 AM »
This was an initial review I made for deluxe this summer when I received the sample.

Great insight. Very useful clips too, shows lots of sliding and crust skating.

So hyped on these, grabbing myself radials and classics in 54s

144p

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5933 on: April 01, 2024, 08:19:34 AM »
I tried to skate a variety of terrain that day, and the manny pad and bump are pretty much unskatable on 99’s.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 678
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #5934 on: April 01, 2024, 08:36:04 AM »
what do you think the chances are that the Skatepark of Tampa would have these wheels by Friday...?  :-X  REALLLY hoping I can get some while I am on my trip cause we are not gonna see these in Canada til Christmas time im guessing  :'(

I DM'd and they said there is basically zero chance they would not get a Reynolds wheel in stock at first available chance so I am keeping my fingers crossed!
« Last Edit: April 01, 2024, 09:10:58 AM by rawbertson. »

hiljentaa

• Rep: 313
« Reply #5935 on: April 01, 2024, 08:55:51 AM »

Appreciate this. Makes me excited to skate em.

Got some of the 93 58 Radials, but currently snowing outside. Hoping to skate them tomorrow or Wednesday.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #5936 on: April 01, 2024, 09:13:08 AM »
what do you think the chances are that the Skatepark of Tampa would have these wheels by Friday...?  :-X  REALLLY hoping I can get some while I am on my trip cause we are not gonna see these in Canada til Christmas time im guessing  :'(

I DM'd and they said there is basically zero chance they would not get a Reynolds wheel in stock at first available chance so I am keeping my fingers crossed!
You can't order somewhere and give as the delivery address wherever you'll be staying in Tampa?
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #5937 on: April 01, 2024, 09:25:44 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
You can't order somewhere and give as the delivery address wherever you'll be staying in Tampa?

What do you think the chances of doing something like that are of failing? I am scared i wouldnt get there in time... WHere I live in Canada I would not risk it but this is a different world to me. i am going to start looking into this now.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #5938 on: April 01, 2024, 09:43:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

What do you think the chances of doing something like that are of failing? I am scared i wouldnt get there in time... WHere I live in Canada I would not risk it but this is a different world to me. i am going to start looking into this now.
You could pay some express thing to be completely sure, I'd go for it.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #5939 on: April 01, 2024, 09:58:07 AM »
its only like $10 more to get them shipped to my house in Canada so id feel more at ease doing that if they dont have em in stock i think