Author Topic: Cons CT pro  (Read 2836 times)

familyrapist

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -6
Cons CT pro
« on: April 14, 2013, 04:44:29 PM »
Hey has anyone tried the new canvas cons cts? prolly gonna get a pair regardless but wanted to know if there slap pal approved... lol

had a pair of the suede ones but they were just regular with no board feel.

Useless Wooden Bench

• Rep: 159
    • Pappy avatar image
Re: Cons CT pro
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2013, 07:42:56 PM »
Kinda curious too. I loved the Baca "Prevent This Tragedy" CTS's I had years ago, they were suede and skated great. Does the new "improved" canvas hold up at all, or do they just quit after a couple of hours of skating?

I can't fathom that it hasn't occured to anyone at Cons to just put out black suede CTS's with the traditional rubber toe cap. That shoe could be the entire Cons line every season. We're waiting...

Kitto Horsley

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2013, 11:27:38 AM »
I really like mine, and the abrasion resistant canvas or whatever realy feels more sturdy.  However i have not skated them yet, hopefully tomorrow.

AssBandit

• Rep: 60
  • trip ouuuuttt brooooo...
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2013, 02:09:44 PM »
Can't wait to get a pair.  Played with them in the shop tons of time tho.  I thought that the CTS was the best idea for the chuck taylors, but this might be the next level. 

familyrapist

• Rep: -6
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2013, 02:22:42 PM »
Kinda curious too. I loved the Baca "Prevent This Tragedy" CTS's I had years ago, they were suede and skated great. Does the new "improved" canvas hold up at all, or do they just quit after a couple of hours of skating?

I can't fathom that it hasn't occured to anyone at Cons to just put out black suede CTS's with the traditional rubber toe cap. That shoe could be the entire Cons line every season. We're waiting...

seriously, why isnt that shoe a staple!
well im prolly gonna pick the low top black canvas ones up on payday... was thinking about the highs but i cant do that blue jaja

Shufflessss

• Rep: 34
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2013, 07:45:26 PM »
I've had 4 pairs straight of the all white canvas cts and they last so long.
I don't rollerblade, I play ROLLER HOCKEY! I've been kicking haters like you to the curb forever

• Rep: 12
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2013, 07:52:03 PM »
dont buy cons, didnt you read the pops interview??!?!?!?! jeez

nino brown

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1416
  • only nerds kook people
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2013, 02:12:48 AM »
skating anything canvas is just stupid

zoltan

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2013, 01:05:25 PM »
your better off getting the canvas cts. the ct pro just has skate insoles thats it. they still rip the first day you skate them. or buy normal chuck taylors and put in whatever insoles you like.

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 131
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2013, 01:53:08 PM »
your better off getting the canvas cts. the ct pro just has skate insoles thats it. they still rip the first day you skate them. or buy normal chuck taylors and put in whatever insoles you like.

the ct pro has the same sturdy canvas as the cts, the difference between them is that cts has more padding  while ct pro is normal chucks with tougher canvas and the insole

zoltan

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2013, 07:21:42 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

the ct pro has the same sturdy canvas as the cts, the difference between them is that cts has more padding  while ct pro is normal chucks with tougher canvas and the insole

my friend got the ct pro and they were ripping the first day. also why wouldnt you want the padding on the tongue and collar?

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2013, 03:44:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

my friend got the ct pro and they were ripping the first day. also why wouldnt you want the padding on the tongue and collar?

Yeah, its still canvas but its supposed to hold up 4 times as long as the regular chucks. I dont know why someone wouldnt want the padding if theyre fully skating in them, I didnt make the shoes. I'd rather get the regular ct pro highs for chilling and cruising though

Southerngold

• Rep: -7
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2013, 08:31:24 PM »
how dark are the blue ones?

zoltan

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2013, 08:55:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Yeah, its still canvas but its supposed to hold up 4 times as long as the regular chucks. I dont know why someone wouldnt want the padding if theyre fully skating in them, I didnt make the shoes. I'd rather get the regular ct pro highs for chilling and cruising though

oh i thought you wanted to get them to skate over the cts. i was thinking "that is dumb" haha

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2013, 03:27:40 AM »
Oh.. Haha nah, that seems kinda stupid. I agree on that, I dont really see why anyone would rather skate the ct pro lows..

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 232
    • Instagram avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2013, 07:05:32 AM »
I got the navy bacas, and I do love em... the lunarlon insole makes all the difference, the canvas might last 4 times longer than normal, but that means what? 4 hours instead of 1?

They skate like the most minimal shoe with a nice insole, but don't expect them to last very long without shoe gooing the side (of course the toe will last forever).

Bizarro Jerry

• Rep: 34
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2013, 03:56:12 PM »
Just ordered a pair of the canvas cts for only 29.99.  Thinking about super gluing a patch of suede in the inside of the shoes where an ollie hole will form.  My only concern is that it may cause some discomfort if done incorrectly.  Anyone ever try something like that?

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2013, 06:29:17 PM »
as with all canvas shoes, as long as you put a little dab of krazy glue on the canvas in the right ollie/wear spots before you get a hole, it will last just as long as suede and be way better than bulky shoe goo.

« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2013, 11:59:07 PM »
as with all canvas shoes, as long as you put a little dab of krazy glue on the canvas in the right ollie/wear spots before you get a hole, it will last just as long as suede and be way better than bulky shoe goo.

so true man, you must have some swag

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2013, 05:49:47 AM »

You dont have to put alot of shoegoo on it either, just a little bit and smear it out with an ice cube and you'll be good. Ill try the glue thing though, thanks

« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2013, 08:54:11 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You dont have to put alot of shoegoo on it either, just a little bit and smear it out with an ice cube and you'll be good. Ill try the glue thing though, thanks

you guys should defs meet up and skate and then get drunk and kiss

Fake Tits

« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2013, 10:45:04 PM »
I've had a few pairs now. Little bit of super glue here and there and boom!! Love them.

Plus the all whites are pimp.

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2013, 04:12:29 AM »
I would love to get these as a summer skateshoe but can anyone give some exaustive feedback?

It's gonna be hard to find them since I live outside the US so my concern is:

Will it be better to struggle and find them online or buy some 15-20 euro replica, put some good insoles on and shoe goo the shit out of them as soon as they're ripping (I guess after 30 mins)? How much will they last after shoe goo?

Thanks
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

ThugWaffle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -141
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2013, 01:56:30 PM »
dont buy cons, didnt you read the pops interview??!?!?!?! jeez

Alright im getting sick of hearing this, Pops is one of my all time favorites but that dosent mean that i have to not buy Cons cause he had problems with them. Is he going to buy me shoes?, i tought so. Did people stop buying alien workshop when Kalis left?

ThugWaffle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -141
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2013, 02:00:24 PM »
I ordered myself a pair of cts but i wouldnt mind trying the ct pros with the lunarlon and shit.

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2013, 03:10:55 PM »
Fuck your fucking signature gif is fucking annoying

foureyedjim

« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2013, 01:12:40 AM »
agreed, that sig gives me a headache, please change it

I'm only using the low cons CT pro as a shoe for cruising/walking and I like them quite a bit.
Doing quick ollies skating to class, the canvas is holds up ok.  The sole is good but from my exprience with the Salazar LR, they will flatten out to the point where it's not really "padded" anymore, which is ok for my intended use as long as it won't turn out like vans soles.