Author Topic: Designing your own shoe  (Read 43940 times)

sleepypancakes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Re: Designing your own shoe
« Reply #90 on: July 08, 2015, 03:01:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
can you please draw an accel, black with gum sole.
[close]

the idea is to create new shoes, not draw the ones that already exist...
[close]

I high top cupsole that doesnt look "fly" I think you know what I mean.
[close]

I dont understand what you say... Do you want me to draw a high top cupsole that is not to fancy?
[close]

Just one that doesn't look like its being marketed towards rappers, less lifestyle and more functional.
[close]

Done a quick one, with a pen. The pink is just to highlight some details and inner things. It's pretty simple, with a Blazer or Chuck Taylor kind of silhouette, but with more tech details to it. (GIVE ME A JOB IN THE INDUSTRY!  ;D   )
I know you said you're an art student right? A buddy of mine is an industrial designer (we went to college together) and he has a job designing basketball shoes for Nike. Apparently they also hire architects. Maybe if you tack on one of those degrees as well as painting you could land a gig, or maybe even just a minor. I think you should keep painting because your eye for color can keep all the bunk ass colorways they're currently producing from reaching our eyeballs.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 712
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #91 on: July 08, 2015, 03:10:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
can you please draw an accel, black with gum sole.
[close]

the idea is to create new shoes, not draw the ones that already exist...
[close]

I high top cupsole that doesnt look "fly" I think you know what I mean.
[close]

I dont understand what you say... Do you want me to draw a high top cupsole that is not to fancy?
[close]

Just one that doesn't look like its being marketed towards rappers, less lifestyle and more functional.
[close]

Done a quick one, with a pen. The pink is just to highlight some details and inner things. It's pretty simple, with a Blazer or Chuck Taylor kind of silhouette, but with more tech details to it. (GIVE ME A JOB IN THE INDUSTRY!  ;D   )
[close]
I know you said you're an art student right? A buddy of mine is an industrial designer (we went to college together) and he has a job designing basketball shoes for Nike. Apparently they also hire architects. Maybe if you tack on one of those degrees as well as painting you could land a gig, or maybe even just a minor. I think you should keep painting because your eye for color can keep all the bunk ass colorways they're currently producing from reaching our eyeballs.

Yeah i have two more years to complete my degree in painting but i'm thinking in making a industrial design complementary degree when i finish it, is something i always liked. The thing is me being portuguese is really hard to go outside and get a job in this industry.  :-\

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Global Moderator

« Reply #92 on: July 08, 2015, 07:35:21 PM »
My buddy and I designed this shoe together a few years ago.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #93 on: July 11, 2015, 11:57:05 AM »

They remind a little of the Nike Thea (which is a girl shoe  :P), but i like the silhouette. I just think the would not be functional with such a thin sole in the front. They would get a hole really fast.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Dengles

« Reply #94 on: July 11, 2015, 12:21:22 PM »
I would just combine the Crockets with the Old Skool pros.  I like the feel of the waffle cup, but I prefer the profile of the old skool, so if those two would be combined into one shoe I would be very happy. 

fangen

« Reply #95 on: July 11, 2015, 04:25:07 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

They remind a little of the Nike Thea (which is a girl shoe  :P), but i like the silhouette. I just think the would not be functional with such a thin sole in the front. They would get a hole really fast.

or am90/PRod 6 lovechild

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #96 on: July 28, 2015, 03:50:02 PM »
Just drew a new one, i think my best one. I'm not to fond on Huf but they just got Bledsoe on the team, and since he is one of my favs why not design something for him. I had some inspiration in his etnies shoe, the highlights, that was a great shoe but with some flaws that i tried to avoid.

Every feedback is welcome!  ;)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 05:49:06 PM by Sk.A.T.A.N »

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #97 on: July 28, 2015, 06:42:25 PM »
they look dope imo
send an email to huf cuz they are gunna have to jump on the tech revival bandwagon at some point

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #98 on: July 28, 2015, 07:19:45 PM »
they look dope imo
send an email to huf cuz they are gunna have to jump on the tech revival bandwagon at some point

Done! Would love some feedback form them... First time sending a shoe design to a company.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #99 on: July 28, 2015, 07:30:10 PM »
Expand Quote
they look dope imo
[close]

Done! Would love some feedback form them... First time sending a shoe design to a company.

you put a lot of thought into these, I love all the tech features (especially the H in the sole, I'm guessing adidas torsion inspired?)

edit: wait whu? easley focused again?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 07:50:58 PM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #100 on: July 28, 2015, 07:55:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
they look dope imo
[close]

[close]

you put a lot of thought into these, I love all the tech features (especially the H in the sole, I'm guessing adidas torsion inspired?)

Actually not, i never understood really well the torsion system... Ahahah. The H on the sole is just for aesthetics but it could be a harder compound to be like a primo pad. The H from the sides is inspired in the inner locking thingy that the Nike BA's have but on the outside, i think is one of the best features of them...

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #101 on: October 02, 2015, 12:52:16 AM »
I sent some of my shoe drawings to Jeff mikut at lakai and he gave me a really positive feed back. He told me i could keep sending my work so i made this one with lakai in mind.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #102 on: October 02, 2015, 01:15:19 AM »
You could take Scott Johnson's spot now that he's over at the three stripes.
Really dig your tech-ed out designs

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #103 on: October 02, 2015, 01:30:38 AM »

I wish! Haha

I love slim tech shoes but i have some classic designs in mind. Like a rubber toe high top or a slip on. I'll post them here when they're done.

Also, one thing, do you think mikut could like, you know, "steal" my designs? I dont think he would but my friends keep telling me this. :/
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 02:44:09 AM by Sk.A.T.A.N »

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Hannity

« Reply #104 on: October 02, 2015, 08:37:33 AM »
those HUFs you mocked up for Tyler look nice. good work dude!

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • sup breh
« Reply #105 on: October 02, 2015, 10:13:50 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I wish! Haha

I love slim tech shoes but i have some classic designs in mind. Like a rubber toe high top or a slip on. I'll post them here when they're done.

Also, one thing, do you think mikut could like, you know, "steal" my designs? I dont think he would but my friends keep telling me this. :/

I don't know shit about copyright law so I can't help you there, but at the very least make sure you save the emails that you and Mikut exchange.
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #106 on: October 02, 2015, 10:25:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

I wish! Haha

[close]

I don't know shit about copyright law so I can't help you there, but at the very least make sure you save the emails that you and Mikut exchange.

Yeah, i dont have any rights over this i guess... We only talked with the direct mensage thing on instagram, But he is being friendly (the first that answered me) so i'm not worried. Actually if he took some ideas from my drawings i would be more stoked than pissed of now that i think about it. :)

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #107 on: October 13, 2015, 06:38:03 PM »
The late one with color and 2 more new designs. Any feedback is welcome guys, good or bad! :)

The runner toe

The rubber toe high top

The sporty shoe

Digging the way they look with color, next ones will have it from now on.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

zippy z

« Reply #108 on: October 13, 2015, 06:44:43 PM »
Mark already did it for me. I'm just going to roll with what he does until he betrays me. Then I'll forgive him and hop right back on that train. Choo Choo!

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 352
« Reply #109 on: October 14, 2015, 07:44:15 PM »
id love to buy those lakai's!!!!!
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #110 on: October 15, 2015, 01:04:14 AM »

Thanks! I Would love it too! Haha

Mikut never answered me again. I know he saw the drawings because it appears the seen logo on the DM's on instagram. Maybe he is busy...
I want to send this to more people but i dont know if people actually use the DM feature in instagram. I sent the old runner toe shoe to Lakai and Mike Carroll insta some time ago but nobody seen it.
Now i sent to Scott jonhston Insta too (i know he doesnt work with lakai anymore but he could give me some insight). No response yet too.

I think i will try to work more locally. Send my sketches/ideas to smaller companies that maybe would apreciate it more and give me some chance.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

20matar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #111 on: October 16, 2015, 06:59:46 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Mikut never answered me again. I know he saw the drawings because it appears the seen logo on the DM's on instagram. Maybe he is busy...
I want to send this to more people but i dont know if people actually use the DM feature in instagram. I sent the old runner toe shoe to Lakai and Mike Carroll insta some time ago but nobody seen it.
Now i sent to Scott jonhston Insta too (i know he doesnt work with lakai anymore but he could give me some insight). No response yet too.

I think i will try to work more locally. Send my sketches/ideas to smaller companies that maybe would apreciate it more and give me some chance.

That's the obvious choice, yes. I thought you had done that already. How's the industry in Portugal? You have a lot of great sketches and interesting ideas. Here's hoping I can buy one of your shoes someday!

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #112 on: October 16, 2015, 12:23:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

That's the obvious choice, yes. I thought you had done that already. How's the industry in Portugal? You have a lot of great sketches and interesting ideas. Here's hoping I can buy one of your shoes someday!

Thats the problem, there's no industry. No Shoe brands here. We actually have a great shoe industry, with great quality, but just dressy/fashion stuff. Nothing sport's related. A famous old brand here, called Sanjo (similar to Converse), when came back from extintion had to produce their shoes in Asia because we dont have machines to vulcanize the soles anymore.
In Europe the scene is dead. I just know Servant, the brand that sponsors Mike V... They seem legit actually. I'm thinking in talking with them and send some sketches.
I'm also thinking in OUS from Brazil, i'm a fan of their stuff and there's no language barrier!

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

yapple dapple

« Reply #113 on: October 17, 2015, 03:42:49 PM »
Just drew a new one, i think my best one. I'm not to fond on Huf but they just got Bledsoe on the team, and since he is one of my favs why not design something for him. I had some inspiration in his etnies shoe, the highlights, that was a great shoe but with some flaws that i tried to avoid.

Every feedback is welcome!  ;)
These are fucking dope. Can I get a size 10 with a M on the side for my name. Do they fit true to size?  Just kidding.
I really like em though.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #114 on: October 17, 2015, 07:07:12 PM »
those HUFs you mocked up for Tyler look nice. good work dude!

Havent seen this post, thank you very much man!

These are fucking dope. Can I get a size 10 with a M on the side for my name. Do they fit true to size?  Just kidding.
I really like em though.

Really appreciate the support man!

I've been really busy latelly but i'll try to draw new things soon. Maybe more detailed, trying to steep up a little. :)

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #115 on: November 04, 2015, 04:54:50 PM »
Last shoe i've been working on... I will try to work digitally on them to try different colorways. Then i will send them to OUS to see what they think. OUS is a rather small brazillian brand, but growing fast and doing great things so i would be really honored to work with them.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #116 on: December 02, 2015, 12:21:03 PM »
I didnt posted my last drawings here. Been drawing OUS exclusivelly, trying to catch their attention. They sent a mail to me, interested in my work, asking for some more drawings to see all my stuff. I'm wainting for a response to see if the things work out. 

This is my last one and best one i think. Loved how the color worked. I tagged the OUS owner on instagram and he really liked it. Fingers crossed.

(sorry for the huge pics)

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Frosty178

• Rep: 6
« Reply #117 on: December 02, 2015, 03:38:12 PM »
Fuck.

Wicked.

/thread.

fangen

« Reply #118 on: December 02, 2015, 05:20:32 PM »
You're acting like you deserve something from these people and companies for doodling.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1362
« Reply #119 on: December 02, 2015, 07:06:42 PM »
Damn skatan you're killing it with these designs!