Author Topic: Designing your own shoe  (Read 43950 times)

Sk.A.T.A.N

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 712
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
Re: Designing your own shoe
« Reply #150 on: December 25, 2015, 04:35:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Rafael Narciso, owner and leader of the design section at OUS sent me a DM on instagram saying they will work with me the next time to develop/produce a sample, that could result in a final product to hit the streets!
SOOO!
FUCKING!
STOKEEEEED!

[close]

Please get those slip ons made. They look so sick! Great to see innovative ideas in skate shoes. Keep up the great work man!

Thanks man! Will make a couple upgrades to that slip-on drawing since so many love that design.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 744
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #151 on: December 27, 2015, 05:47:01 PM »
Wow, dude. I haven't lurked this thread in awhile. Congrats man! Really stoked for you!
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

20matar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #152 on: December 27, 2015, 06:00:13 PM »
Well done, SKATAN. I'll be the very first member here to buy your shoes once they're out!

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #153 on: December 28, 2015, 03:52:42 AM »

Well, you signed your name.

Oh, i didnt notice that, i usually dont sign my designs ahah

Thanks Allen. and 20matar! I'm hyped about this, soo hyped that i gave a new life to one of the slap's favourite, the slip-on!

« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 03:54:47 AM by Sk.A.T.A.N »

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

The Muffin Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
« Reply #154 on: December 28, 2015, 05:52:57 PM »
Expand Quote

Well, you signed your name.
[close]

Oh, i didnt notice that, i usually dont sign my designs ahah

Thanks Allen. and 20matar! I'm hyped about this, soo hyped that i gave a new life to one of the slap's favourite, the slip-on!

Skateable with strong crossover potential. Well done! I'll take a black/black leather please.

Being short is the motorcycle of life.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #155 on: December 29, 2015, 05:46:23 AM »
Skateable with strong crossover potential. Well done! I'll take a black/black leather please.

Thanks! Yeah, could totally see them in that colorway! I would like to draw some in a all Black Colorway but its not the best color to show the details...

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #156 on: January 06, 2016, 06:44:03 AM »
Made a quick re-design of the Ishod Dunk (the GOAT), like if it had something new to bring, and not just a slim-down dunk.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

busted-knee

• Rep: -12
« Reply #157 on: January 06, 2016, 12:33:44 PM »
Made a quick re-design of the Ishod Dunk (the GOAT), like if it had something new to bring, and not just a slim-down dunk.

Damn, you're doing a better job than the pros. I know that are loads of fan boys for the Ishod Dunk, but it looks more or less like the original (non-SB) Dunk low. That's not a bad thing, but if you're going to 'redesign' a shoe, redesign it for fuck's sake.

Anybody with an industry hook-up lurking here, you'd better hook SkATAN up with a job!

Edit: I love the nod to the BA shoe. Sucks that Nike dropped it so quickly.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 12:36:34 PM by busted-knee »

Frosty178

• Rep: 6
« Reply #158 on: January 06, 2016, 02:34:29 PM »

Weird, I was thinking today if you would take a request for a dunk prototype! Are you following me? Haha.

Think a screened toe that echoes the original dunk toe shape would be good on a one-piece toecap. That's just me though!
I like the reflective hints.

Still weirded out that I thought about this today before I'd seen it.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #159 on: January 06, 2016, 04:02:41 PM »
Damn, you're doing a better job than the pros. I know that are loads of fan boys for the Ishod Dunk, but it looks more or less like the original (non-SB) Dunk low. That's not a bad thing, but if you're going to 'redesign' a shoe, redesign it for fuck's sake.

Anybody with an industry hook-up lurking here, you'd better hook SkATAN up with a job!

Edit: I love the nod to the BA shoe. Sucks that Nike dropped it so quickly.

Thanks Busted! A friend of mine tagged me on a Instagram pic of the Ishod dunk's and i was like "Meh, this really doesnt look like a pro shoe at all, i'll make it a little twist" and then i done this at the bar in my sketchbook barelly without light haha...
BA's are my favourite skate shoe design in a long time. I love every feature they have, and they inspire me a lot when drawing shoes!

Weird, I was thinking today if you would take a request for a dunk prototype! Are you following me? Haha.

Think a screened toe that echoes the original dunk toe shape would be good on a one-piece toecap. That's just me though!
I like the reflective hints.

Still weirded out that I thought about this today before I'd seen it.

haha, great minds think alike! I though about that screened toe but then i forgotten to put it on the drawing... Would be a great feature.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

ZEBRA

« Reply #160 on: January 06, 2016, 05:54:28 PM »
A shoe company should pick you up quick. A lot of fresh ideas. I've seen Nike try to use the pull cord on shoes in the past. Not SB's, but still. Haven't seen one I like until yours.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #161 on: January 06, 2016, 06:35:43 PM »
A shoe company should pick you up quick. A lot of fresh ideas. I've seen Nike try to use the pull cord on shoes in the past. Not SB's, but still. Haven't seen one I like until yours.

Thanks man, hopefully something will work out sooner or later! Still waiting OUS to call me back to start doing things with them (but dont know when that will happen, i hope soon).

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 352
« Reply #162 on: January 06, 2016, 09:20:59 PM »
SKATAN ! Damn those Dunk remixes are SICK! I love the dunk and the project BA !
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

The Muffin Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
« Reply #163 on: January 06, 2016, 11:13:45 PM »
I'm loving that you did the IW Dunk Remix as a sketch at the bar. Quite the useful trick to get some fine ladies' attention.

Being short is the motorcycle of life.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #164 on: January 07, 2016, 08:53:54 AM »
SKATAN ! Damn those Dunk remixes are SICK! I love the dunk and the project BA !
Thanks fulfill! Two of my favourites too.
I'm loving that you did the IW Dunk Remix as a sketch at the bar. Quite the useful trick to get some fine ladies' attention.

Nah, i'm usually shy when i draw, i hate people staring at me while drawing so i go to a corner a draw it lonely or with a friend. Also my girlfriend wouldnt like that tactic.. Haha

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1362
« Reply #165 on: January 07, 2016, 10:47:46 PM »
Killing it with these designs as usual Skatan, your version of the IW dunk looks superb. 

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #166 on: January 09, 2016, 05:38:42 AM »
Killing it with these designs as usual Skatan, your version of the IW dunk looks superb. 

Thanks Silky! Been digging this quicker sketches... I'll be doing some more of this. Tom Knox NB Pro.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

unsuperfilmer

• Rep: -1
    • I made this shit avatar image
« Reply #167 on: January 12, 2016, 07:01:20 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Thanks Silky! Been digging this quicker sketches... I'll be doing some more of this. Tom Knox NB Pro.

This is my first time to this board and I'm floored by your talent, man. I woud love to see the IW Dunk remix to be actually made

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #168 on: January 14, 2016, 12:19:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
This is my first time to this board and I'm floored by your talent, man. I woud love to see the IW Dunk remix to be actually made

Thanks man! Been a little bussy this last days, but sooner or later i'll do some new stuff.  ;)

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #169 on: January 18, 2016, 02:16:54 PM »
New Babies... Heavily inspired on the Buztits and Gato's. Featuring a new middle foot brace to increase arch support and make the shoe closer to the foot (I dreamed with this but dunno if it's clever or not).

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

lk130

• Topic and Post Probation
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -829
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #170 on: January 19, 2016, 09:03:37 PM »
Great designs. Something about you liking the Ba's tells me you could dig them with internal laces, internal sockliner connected to the pull tab and one piece sole with slight tread
I need Cariuma -Me

yungxmulaxbaby

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #171 on: January 20, 2016, 04:27:08 AM »
Great designs. Something about you liking the Ba's tells me you could dig them with internal laces, internal sockliner connected to the pull tab and one piece sole with slight tread

I never understand 1 single thing you say but this one was easier to understand i guess haha. Yeah, BA's are my go to inspiration when i sketch shoes. Thanks for the compliment too!

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

busted-knee

• Rep: -12
« Reply #172 on: January 20, 2016, 03:36:41 PM »
New Babies... Heavily inspired on the Buztits and Gato's. Featuring a new middle foot brace to increase arch support and make the shoe closer to the foot (I dreamed with this but dunno if it's clever or not).

Looks like it could work. The structure could prevent some of the blowout some shoes get - where they loose their shape after a while and don't offer much foot support. Great work again!

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #173 on: January 20, 2016, 06:33:46 PM »
Looks like it could work. The structure could prevent some of the blowout some shoes get - where they loose their shape after a while and don't offer much foot support. Great work again!

Thanks dude! Yeah, if they had some kind of bounded plastic/rubber underneath the suede it doesnt stretch as much. I hate when they become all floppy. I have to tie them really tight to feel my foot safe and then they look like shit. That's one of the main problems i try to focus on my shoe designs, stability.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Jordick

« Reply #174 on: January 20, 2016, 10:50:51 PM »
Skatan have you seen Karl Watsons latest Instagram post? Looks like he could use your help  ;)

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #175 on: January 21, 2016, 03:13:37 AM »
Skatan have you seen Karl Watsons latest Instagram post? Looks like he could use your help  ;)

I went to his instagram but seen nothing. What it was?

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Jordick

« Reply #176 on: January 21, 2016, 03:02:17 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I went to his instagram but seen nothing. What it was?
It was a drawing of some shoes and he said he needed help perfecting his lackluster design. Weird if he deleted it.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #177 on: January 21, 2016, 04:16:47 PM »
he deleted it.

Some dude in the comments claimed it was his drawing. Went and checked out his page and sure enough it was his drawing from over 6 months ago... *plot thickens*

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #178 on: January 21, 2016, 04:36:15 PM »
Expand Quote
he deleted it.
[close]

Some dude in the comments claimed it was his drawing. Went and checked out his page and sure enough it was his drawing from over 6 months ago... *plot thickens*

Damn, that's strange. Is it a good drawing at least? Haha

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Jordick

« Reply #179 on: January 21, 2016, 04:38:19 PM »
it was ight. didn't really showcase his design. It was like a front view and under the sole. Maybe he didn't want someone to steal the concept. I'd DM him if I were you.