Author Topic: Designing your own shoe  (Read 43965 times)

ZEBRA

Re: Designing your own shoe
« Reply #180 on: January 22, 2016, 12:21:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
he deleted it.
[close]

Some dude in the comments claimed it was his drawing. Went and checked out his page and sure enough it was his drawing from over 6 months ago... *plot thickens*
[close]

Damn, that's strange. Is it a good drawing at least? Haha

It just looks like the DC Mike Mo shoe. The sole had the X grip thing. I was trying to figure out what Karl was up to, but obviously no luck. I think everyone is a little confused by it.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 712
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #181 on: February 06, 2016, 12:56:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
he deleted it.
[close]

Some dude in the comments claimed it was his drawing. Went and checked out his page and sure enough it was his drawing from over 6 months ago... *plot thickens*
[close]

[close]

It just looks like the DC Mike Mo shoe. The sole had the X grip thing. I was trying to figure out what Karl was up to, but obviously no luck. I think everyone is a little confused by it.

I sent him a PM about that but he never answered...

New one! Went with Illustrator and Photoshop this time. It's my first digital render so I think it turned out good actually. Hope you guys dig them!  ;)

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

shit_for_brains

« Reply #182 on: February 07, 2016, 01:26:44 AM »
I have to say, the sketched/drawn ones come across better to me. They're more alive.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #183 on: February 07, 2016, 05:23:46 AM »
I have to say, the sketched/drawn ones come across better to me. They're more alive.

Yeah, i like it more too, it's more organic. But i wanted to try this way for a long time. Its better/easier to try out colorways and have a cleaner look.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

shit_for_brains

« Reply #184 on: February 07, 2016, 05:44:23 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah, i like it more too, it's more organic. But i wanted to try this way for a long time. Its better/easier to try out colorways and have a cleaner look.

Yeah for sure. Better for style sheets and corporate/professional stuff. That's how they do it. How they'll demand you do it when someone inevitably hires you.

Such

« Reply #185 on: February 09, 2016, 08:16:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
he deleted it.
[close]

[close]

lines are too thick.

[close]

[close]

I sent him a PM about that but he never answered...

New one! Went with Illustrator and Photoshop this time. It's my first digital render so I think it turned out good actually. Hope you guys dig them!  ;)

Jordick

« Reply #186 on: March 01, 2016, 10:09:55 PM »
Damn skatan forgot to compliment you on that Ishod dunk remix. If it looked like that maybe it wouldn't get as much hate haha. It kind of reminds me of the old SB team edition from a decade ago.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #187 on: March 02, 2016, 09:43:26 AM »
I'm always kinda bummed when shoes don't have removable insoles. I like tucking my shoe laces under them when I'm not skating, but it doesnt work as well when I can't tuck them under the insole correctly. If I was designing a shoe, i would have stash pockets on both sides of the ankle so I could tuck my laces in them.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Such

« Reply #188 on: March 02, 2016, 11:49:28 AM »
I'm always kinda bummed when shoes don't have removable insoles. I like tucking my shoe laces under them when I'm not skating, but it doesnt work as well when I can't tuck them under the insole correctly. If I was designing a shoe, i would have stash pockets on both sides of the ankle so I could tuck my laces in them.

the etnies highlightes have that. its not intended for that purpose but t works great.

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 407
« Reply #189 on: March 03, 2016, 12:41:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Killing it with these designs as usual Skatan, your version of the IW dunk looks superb. 
[close]

Thanks Silky! Been digging this quicker sketches... I'll be doing some more of this. Tom Knox NB Pro.

[close]
This is my first time to this board and I'm floored by your talent, man. I woud love to see the IW Dunk remix to be actually made
[close]

Thanks man! Been a little bussy this last days, but sooner or later i'll do some new stuff.  ;)

All black or white with gum sole please.
SKATAN.  great job bro. great job.

Really liking them all.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #190 on: March 03, 2016, 04:01:31 PM »
Damn skatan forgot to compliment you on that Ishod dunk remix. If it looked like that maybe it wouldn't get as much hate haha. It kind of reminds me of the old SB team edition from a decade ago.

Thanks man!! I had the ishod dunk on hands this weekend and they are cool, but kinda boring too since they are so close to the original. A true update would be so much better...

All black or white with gum sole please.
SKATAN.  great job bro. great job.

Really liking them all.
:)

Thanks Distant! This one was quick but came out nice. Knox even sent me a wink on instagram! :)

This one was the last i made. Didnt posted it here because it's not a skate shoe but fuck it. It's for the pensole world championship challenge and i'm really stoked in how it came out, a huge progress in my way of drawing sneakers.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

20matar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #191 on: March 04, 2016, 07:24:02 AM »
How goes your interactions with the BR skate industry? Have you hawked your stuff to Hocks or QIX or maybe even Drop Dead? There are plenty of small brands around, too, some decent and some that are just kinda gross.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #192 on: March 04, 2016, 08:20:30 AM »
How goes your interactions with the BR skate industry? Have you hawked your stuff to Hocks or QIX or maybe even Drop Dead? There are plenty of small brands around, too, some decent and some that are just kinda gross.

I know them all, but i just like OUS stuff... Hocks has 1 or other model that i dont mind (formiga pro is kinda nice, not my style but i like how unusual it is) but thats it. BR brands always do lame knockofs or mash ups and i hate that...
For now i'm waiting for OUS to get back to me again.
Also started talking again with mikut at lakai, he's being really nice and seems to like my later stuff. He talked about a project he has in mind, i didnt understand exacly what it was but i guess he wants my contribution. Already hyped on it!!  :)

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 267
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #193 on: March 04, 2016, 08:35:27 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I know them all, but i just like OUS stuff... Hocks has 1 or other model that i dont mind (formiga pro is kinda nice, not my style but i like how unusual it is) but thats it. BR brands always do lame knockofs or mash ups and i hate that...
Also started talking again with mikut at lakai, he's being really nice and seems to like my later stuff. He talked about a project he has in mind, i didnt understand exacly what it was but i guess he wants my contribution. Already hyped on it!!  :)

That's awesome to hear! I love checking the new designs you put up. They don't look stale like the majority of shoe out right now.

Glad to hear Lakai might give you a chance to work On my way! project. They could definetly use a different eye when designing their shoes. For awhile I feel like a lot of their stuff looks the same.
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #194 on: March 04, 2016, 02:05:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Also started talking again with mikut at lakai, he's being really nice and seems to like my later stuff. He talked about a project he has in mind, i didnt understand exacly what it was but i guess he wants my contribution. Already hyped on it!!� :)
[close]

That's awesome to hear! I love checking the new designs you put up. They don't look stale like the majority of shoe out right now.

Glad to hear Lakai might give you a chance to work On my way! project. They could definetly use a different eye when designing their shoes. For awhile I feel like a lot of their stuff looks the same.

Thanks man!! Yeah lots of vulcs in their line that are really similar. I usually go for cupsoles when drawing sneakers, you can do lots of diferent stuff with a cupsole. I'm also a fan of the cupsole feeling in real life too. Some slim tech cup flavour wouldnt hurt them!! :D

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #195 on: March 12, 2016, 07:50:44 AM »
New ones i made guys! Tech Midsole, with a desert boot cut. Those were really fun to make. Also found a new way to blend the colour pencil and the result is so much better. Really happy with the result!
(The features are on the drawing)

(You are the first ones seeing this, world premier ahaha)

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #196 on: March 14, 2016, 05:47:05 AM »
People! I was selected for the 64 best designs in the Pensole x Footlocker world sneaker championship. I'm hyped as fuck and i need you to vote for me so maybe i can win something!! Thanks in advance guys!

https://worldsneakerchampionship.com/

(mine is the left one)

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

20matar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #197 on: March 14, 2016, 07:47:18 AM »
So you're named after Michelangelo. I'm guessing your parents are thrilled with your aspirations. Good job, voted for you. I don't think most of those designs in the contest are feasible at all, but I'm no sneakerhead and not up to date on fashion, high or otherwise.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #198 on: March 14, 2016, 12:15:38 PM »
So you're named after Michelangelo. I'm guessing your parents are thrilled with your aspirations. Good job, voted for you. I don't think most of those designs in the contest are feasible at all, but I'm no sneakerhead and not up to date on fashion, high or otherwise.

Yeah, that's why I paint too... My fathers choose my destiny before me. ahaha

And yeah i do think most of them would't work as a actual shoe. Some are too futuristic but there are some great sneakers that i could see doing well in the market!
What really infuriates me more is the blatant ripoffs that are there. I see a yeezy 750 boost/huarache/Vans hybrid, a Nike presto, lots of over inspired in y-3 adidas shoes and the one thats against me is a straight up copy of the Nike Swoosh Hunter. I just hope those people dont get on the way of the ones that really worked for this.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Jordick

« Reply #199 on: March 14, 2016, 01:02:16 PM »
voted. I like the lakais too

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #200 on: March 14, 2016, 03:16:47 PM »
voted. I like the lakais too

Thanks man! Appreciate it!  ;)

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #201 on: March 14, 2016, 03:22:11 PM »
voted!

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #202 on: March 14, 2016, 04:10:25 PM »

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

BMCsteve

« Reply #203 on: March 14, 2016, 04:27:30 PM »
Voted

good looking shoe.  really like those lakai sketches as well

Rusty Shackleford

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
  • you know about goretex?
« Reply #204 on: March 14, 2016, 04:33:21 PM »
voted. best of luck!!!

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #205 on: March 14, 2016, 05:03:54 PM »
thanks for voting on me guys! Hopefully i win something, or atleast recognition!  :)

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #206 on: March 14, 2016, 07:24:21 PM »

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

coneklr

« Reply #207 on: March 14, 2016, 08:51:46 PM »
Voted buddy!  Get it!

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #208 on: March 15, 2016, 12:50:59 AM »
Gnars raining for every each of you! Thanks guys!

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 267
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #209 on: March 15, 2016, 03:24:52 AM »
Voted. Good luck Sk.a.t.a.n.!
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus