Author Topic: GRANT TAYLOR ON ANTI-HERO  (Read 122628 times)

TMKF

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -487
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: GRANT TAYLOR ON ANTI-HERO
« Reply #90 on: May 20, 2013, 04:30:09 AM »
Grant has been offered to ride for Anti Hero numerous times, he knows those dudes pretty well and the offer has been on the table. Not that I couldn't see it happening but I've heard he's staying on Workshop. Of course Anti Hero would wanna 'steal' him from Alien...who wouldn't? The fact is if Grant left Workshop to ride for Anti Hero, that wouldn't be 'stealing' and that simple comment is not any kind of confirmation of anything except that they want Grant on their team. Again who wouldn't? Grants even been known to skate other boards for the shapes so that could be why the one in the video grab is spray painted, because it might not be a workshop. He's been on Alien forever, and he didn't seem to be super tight with Ave & Dill, so them leaving is of no consequence. Plus he stands out on more so on Workshop. Again I'm not saying it couldn't happen, I'm just pointing out this isn't confirmed and he's been made the offer plenty has hasn't jumped on it. Why would he now? This comment could've simply been a joke.....

« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 07:13:50 AM by TMKF »

Schmaltz

• Rep: -55
« Reply #91 on: May 20, 2013, 07:20:55 AM »
Bummer for anti hero..dude is boring and lame as fuck.

ben shraider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -264
« Reply #92 on: May 20, 2013, 08:48:21 AM »

Fuck you, he's like the antwuan of tranny skating.(stylewise)

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1509
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #93 on: May 20, 2013, 09:01:43 AM »
He's no slouch on the raw streets either.

Joel Wilson

• Rep: -15
« Reply #94 on: May 20, 2013, 10:19:02 AM »

I don't understand?

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #95 on: May 20, 2013, 10:24:56 AM »
Grant has been offered to ride for Anti Hero numerous times, he knows those dudes pretty well and the offer has been on the table. Not that I couldn't see it happening but I've heard he's staying on Workshop. Of course Anti Hero would wanna 'steal' him from Alien...who wouldn't? The fact is if Grant left Workshop to ride for Anti Hero, that wouldn't be 'stealing' and that simple comment is not any kind of confirmation of anything except that they want Grant on their team. Again who wouldn't? Grants even been known to skate other boards for the shapes so that could be why the one in the video grab is spray painted, because it might not be a workshop. He's been on Alien forever, and he didn't seem to be super tight with Ave & Dill, so them leaving is of no consequence. Plus he stands out on more so on Workshop. Again I'm not saying it couldn't happen, I'm just pointing out this isn't confirmed and he's been made the offer plenty has hasn't jumped on it. Why would he now? This comment could've simply been a joke.....

A lot of what you said seems pretty accurate except for one thing: Others aren't leaving the workshop because Dill and AVE left. Dill and AVE left a company they held dear because SOMETHING IS WRONG AT DNA. Just because he isn't tight with those two doesn't mean he isn't getting fucked over in the same way they were.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

macgruber

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
  • Just Tell Me What You Want Me To FUUUUUUCK
« Reply #96 on: May 20, 2013, 10:28:18 AM »
I'm also interested in the possible new addition of Kantihero
Austin Kanfoush - One Up Skate Shop Promo (2012)

Random Matt

• Rep: 8
« Reply #97 on: May 20, 2013, 10:46:53 AM »
^ I think Austi-Hero is on flow.

jorge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -101
« Reply #98 on: May 20, 2013, 11:08:52 AM »
There is no shortage of pros/industry types that think he is easily one of the best skaters alive.  Perhaps you know something they don't.

atlien97

• Rep: -3
« Reply #99 on: May 20, 2013, 11:41:35 AM »
fuck you ^
Grant is the best dude me and my homies where just skating buy his house and he let us skate with him.
He rips and has the gnarliest style. You obviously dont know anything about grant. Also the dude rips at street harder then most people.
If you dont believe me then check this out

NOW FUCK OFF YOU HATING ASS KOOK

Mundungus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
  • ∆∆∆
« Reply #100 on: May 20, 2013, 11:45:15 AM »
fuck you ^
Grant is the best dude me and my homies where just skating buy his house and he let us skate with him.
He rips and has the gnarliest style. You obviously dont know anything about grant. Also the dude rips at street harder then most people.
If you dont believe me then check this out

NOW FUCK OFF YOU HATING ASS KOOK

Just when I was thinking the Slap Forums was really lacking in the 15-16 year old demographic along you came! Welcome! See you at 4th Ward soon Im sure.

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 407
« Reply #101 on: May 20, 2013, 12:34:29 PM »

This made my day. Awesome skateboarding by little Grant.

As far as the Anti Hero ramblings go. I don't think there's any chance Grant will leave Alien for Anti Hero.
It's a great company but there's a gew factors to keep in mind.

- First of I don't think Grant would shine as much on Anti Hero as he does on Alien. There's a lot gnarly dudes on Anti Hero that skate very similar to him. Nothing wrong with that, but you get the point.
- Second I think that Alien pays well and they turned him pro. I think Grant IS pretty loyal so he won't leave any time soon. I can't really see Dill and AVE kicking it with Grant either...
- Third, Anti Hero is a company that seems they always get a "pass". I've seens tons of other pro's ride their boards without being a team member. And it always seems to be tolerated. I think they get a lot of love from everyone...

Grant leaving Alien? I don't really think so...

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -145
« Reply #102 on: May 20, 2013, 12:50:39 PM »
Lol, grant sucks? Bitch please. Dude skated the first drop kink 3 years ago and people are only catching up to him now.

www.atlantahatesus.com/2010/05/13/grants-5050-handrail-drop-video/

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 407
« Reply #103 on: May 20, 2013, 01:12:58 PM »
Yeah that was sick.

Can't really understand how you can/want to hate on Grant.

Good dude, good skater.

TMKF

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #104 on: May 20, 2013, 02:20:52 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

A lot of what you said seems pretty accurate except for one thing: Others aren't leaving the workshop because Dill and AVE left. Dill and AVE left a company they held dear because SOMETHING IS WRONG AT DNA. Just because he isn't tight with those two doesn't mean he isn't getting fucked over in the same way they were.

Ok, and you're basing this assumption off Ave & Dill leaving obviously, that's what it goes back to. I can tell you right now that being tight with Ave & Dill and them leaving would cause someone else to leave because it already has and will be announced soon. No one was getting fucking over, nothing at DNA has 'changed' as far as team is concerned. There did seem to be some distribution changes and some new weird affiliations but the companies are being run the same. Even when Burton owned them, nothing really changed except for the owner. Dyrdek's ownership is similar, except the changes we all know, which some are weird, I agree. Ave & Dill just want to do their own thing while they are still relevant and have the chance, they are probably banking off the hype of the Vans video and their parts to boost their brand. I wish them the best, I've looked up to them for almost 20 years and still enjoy watching them skate no matter what tricks they're doing.

It's the same with the guys leaving Habitat, they got an opportunity they're more psyched on and are taking it. I think some of it also has to do with Habitat shoes being over with so they don't feel they have as stuck to the brand. I think this is true in Austyn's case for sure, which is the only person who I've actually confirmed actually left Habitat....everything else is rumors at the moment.

DNA is doing very well, it's certainly not a sinking ship. All of this talk started getting hyped because Ave & Dill leaving, then others copy their move and follow suit or vice versa, because I don't know for sure what order things took place in but it really doesn't matter.

Workshop is rad, and it will always be rad as long as Chris Carter and Mike Hill are still involved.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 02:28:30 PM by TMKF »

MeanestCleanestPenis

• Rep: 40
« Reply #105 on: May 20, 2013, 02:49:27 PM »
Listen Brah, why don't you just stand aside and let the adults discuss the skateboard industry. It is obvious you don't know Grant...

But if we need any insight into the scooter industry and more importantly...'The Boss of Scooters' we know where to find you!

kools

• Rep: -45
« Reply #106 on: May 20, 2013, 03:22:08 PM »
not sure if its already been mentioned but wasn't Grant Taylor's dad pro for alien?
pretty sure this would mean he would stick with alien through thick and thin

Particleboard Penguin

• Rep: 10
« Reply #107 on: May 20, 2013, 03:48:01 PM »
Lol, grant sucks? Bitch please. Dude skated the first drop kink 3 years ago and people are only catching up to him now.

This wasn't the first drop kink... The ridiculous double kink Huf does as his ender for Kicked Out of everywhere had a drop down through the second kink.

Grant's is super gnar though.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1509
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #108 on: May 20, 2013, 04:35:01 PM »
Expand Quote
not sure if its already been mentioned but wasn't Grant Taylor's dad pro for alien?
pretty sure this would mean he would stick with alien through thick and thin
[close]

Schmitt Stix.  He also opened Stratosphere in Atlanta.
Don't forget he was also part of the original New Deal squad.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #109 on: May 20, 2013, 04:35:48 PM »
One of Grant's good friends is on Anti-Hero.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

TMKF

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #110 on: May 20, 2013, 05:10:32 PM »
Listen Brah, why don't you just stand aside and let the adults discuss the skateboard industry. It is obvious you don't know Grant...

But if we need any insight into the scooter industry and more importantly...'The Boss of Scooters' we know where to find you!

Hahaha damn...I really wish I wasn't an adult sometimes but I'd bet im older than you. No I don't know Grant personally but I do know what I'm talking about and as of right now what I'm saying is accurrate.

The scooter jokes are funny but old at this point, yes I have 1 friend who scooters and yes he is bawse but I don't deny my skateboard knowledge I've been living it for 20 years. I'm a skate nerd through and through.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 05:47:48 PM by TMKF »

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
  • illinoying
« Reply #111 on: May 20, 2013, 05:33:54 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
<--(ender)this video dropped 3 years ago too, not really relevant to grant but this was probably around the same time or sooner

This wasn't the first drop kink... The ridiculous double kink Huf does as his ender for Kicked Out of everywhere had a drop down through the second kink.

Grant's is super gnar though.

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #112 on: May 20, 2013, 05:39:35 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Hahaha damn...I really wish I wasn't an adult sometimes but I'd bet im older than you. No I don't know Grant personally but I do know what I'm talking about and as of right now what I'm saying is accurrate.

The scooter jokes are funny but old at this point, yes I have 1 friend who scooters and yes his is bawse but I don't deny my skateboard knowledge I've been living it for 20 years. I'm a skate nerd through and through.

you have a friend who scooters?
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 745
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #113 on: May 20, 2013, 05:57:52 PM »
Wouldn't the verb be scoots?
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #114 on: May 20, 2013, 06:32:54 PM »
It's the same with the guys leaving Habitat, they got an opportunity they're more psyched on and are taking it. I think some of it also has to do with Habitat shoes being over with so they don't feel they have as stuck to the brand. I think this is true in Austyn's case for sure, which is the only person who I've actually confirmed actually left Habitat....everything else is rumors at the moment.

DNA is doing very well, it's certainly not a sinking ship. All of this talk started getting hyped because Ave & Dill leaving, then others copy their move and follow suit or vice versa, because I don't know for sure what order things took place in but it really doesn't matter.

Your post seems pretty reasonable for the most part and I couldn't agree more that Workshop and Habitat are both rad and DNA isn't going anyway. That said, I don't follow your part about Habitat. It's completely contradictory. You say the dudes were offered a great deal and took it, but then say Austyn is really the only one leaving and the rest is rumor. Which is it? Then your last sentence is a complete doozie. I don't even know where to begin with that.

If the Janoski/Garcia/Angel thing is indeed true I wish them the best. Habitat will be just fine if/when those guys leave because it helps them tighten up a little bit. Habitat still has Castrucci at the helm and a pro team that features Silas and Suciu with Guru and Dela. I fully back that. Getz and Gall will always sell boards.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 06:34:59 PM by heritage »

zoltan

« Reply #115 on: May 20, 2013, 06:46:53 PM »
I can tell you right now that being tight with Ave & Dill and them leaving would cause someone else to leave because it already has and will be announced soon.

who else left? i think i have a good clue to who it is. if you don't want to post it could you maybe pm me? im an alien fanboy

dillanharp

« Reply #116 on: May 20, 2013, 06:49:28 PM »
Expand Quote
I can tell you right now that being tight with Ave & Dill and them leaving would cause someone else to leave because it already has and will be announced soon.
[close]

who else left? i think i have a good clue to who it is. if you don't want to post it could you maybe pm me? im an alien fanboy

This guy doesn't know shit. If he actually knew he'd say. This forum is anonymous remember?

zoltan

« Reply #117 on: May 20, 2013, 07:27:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

This guy doesn't know shit. If he actually knew he'd say. This forum is anonymous remember?

he knows gilbert.... i think he knows more about whats going on at AWS than anyone else on this forum

TMKF

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #118 on: May 20, 2013, 07:33:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yeah...I don't know I just make up shit. It's already been speculated in another thread and is true, however I'm not gonna get into it because I was told in confidence and I don't feel right putting other people shit out there, especially if I don't know them.

Also I don't know if any if the other habitat shit is true or not, I haven't had confirmation and I personally doubt it's true. I was just saying that if it were true it's probably do to an opportunity rather than something wrong with DNA.

jorge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -101
« Reply #119 on: May 20, 2013, 08:51:12 PM »
Spoke with Thomas, Grant is not leaving anytime soon.  Offers have come from a lot more companies than just Anti Hero, which isn't really that surprising.  Whatever is going on with Dill and Ave has nothing to do with Grant, doesn't care.