Author Topic: New Bobby Puleo Part (For Real)  (Read 31103 times)

Iceman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 433
Re: New Bobby Puleo Part (For Real)
« Reply #120 on: May 25, 2013, 11:33:22 AM »
one of the lamest dudes in skateboarding. well, he's hardly "in skateboarding" but he's still really, really lame, as a skater and person.

I can see your angle about him as a person, but I can't understand how you think originality in skateboarding is lame. I guess robotic contest jocks are more your stee.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #121 on: May 25, 2013, 12:03:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Only skates at night cuz this fool definitely has a day job
[close]
You say this as though having a day job is a bad thing. Would you rather see him with an energy drink sponsor or skating Street League?
[close]
Yeah, because Puleo is definitely shooting down energy drink and large contest offers left and right.
[close]
Yeah he's not likely to be offered this as an option anytime soon. What I'm trying to get at is some people act as though the idea of a pro current or other, having to work outside of skateboarding is an abstract concept. Still gotta eat, still gotta pay the rent, just because you have at some point made money off skateboarding doesn't grant you retirement money or exclude you from working for a living. Yet people are acting like its a bad thing to skate and work and get paid somehow.
[close]
The fact that he's still filming rad parts and putting in the time to search out spots despite having a job is what makes him amazing.
Exactly

kools

• Rep: -45
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #122 on: May 26, 2013, 03:07:17 AM »
one of the lamest dudes in skateboarding. well, he's hardly "in skateboarding" but he's still really, really lame, as a skater and person.

so where's your part again?

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #123 on: May 26, 2013, 03:38:15 AM »

4755 terrible posts in a row is a streak to be commended.

kools

• Rep: -45
« Reply #124 on: May 26, 2013, 04:24:00 AM »
They should put Bobby on Magenta.

Soy Vivien - time to step up

SFblah

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 668
« Reply #125 on: May 26, 2013, 05:37:25 AM »
Night footage because he has a day job? Maybe part of it. I can also see him wanting only night footage similar to Reynolds being picky about only day footage.

Glad to see him still skating.

b.v.

« Reply #126 on: May 26, 2013, 06:39:26 AM »

A guest board would suffice.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -325
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #127 on: May 26, 2013, 07:10:07 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
A guest board would suffice.

Dont think Puleo would ride anything but a NYC company who makes their boards in NYC  from NYC trees by NYC workers

banksandledges

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 207
« Reply #128 on: May 26, 2013, 07:20:00 AM »
I maybe overstating the obvious, but all this talk of having a day job being the reason for the night footy is funny to me.  It's obviously easier to skate a lot of street spots at night due to the bust factor. So whether he has a job or not, my guess is a lot of the reason for night footy is not because of that.....

few123456789

• Rep: -87
« Reply #129 on: May 26, 2013, 07:55:23 AM »
Wonder what it would do to Traffic's sales if everyone who clicked on this thread bought a new board.  You're going to need one anyway...

http://www.store.syndromedist.com/decks_traffic.html

Crazy thing is when you click "Store" on Traffic's website it takes you to a picture of Nyjah.

Edit: Site says Oyola's is out of stock = not making any more. 
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 10:47:02 AM by few123456789 »

b.v.

« Reply #130 on: May 26, 2013, 08:08:59 AM »
The thing with Traffic was they were all set to make it in 2010.
They had that trajectory on the Berrics, turned Rich Adler pro, had A full softgoods line slated to launch, had regular web clip updates.
About that time Ricky seemed to loose focus and had to start working a regular job and you never heard about Traffic after that.
The softgoods never released and no new board graphics came out.
I'm guessing announcing they're done or only in Japan is just a formality Rick didn't want to address.

Gomez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -441
« Reply #131 on: May 26, 2013, 01:56:33 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I can see your angle about him as a person, but I can't understand how you think originality in skateboarding is lame. I guess robotic contest jocks are more your stee.
when you try that hard to be original, as a way of making up for a lack of talent, it loses any merit of being original. but really, how is it at all original to skate a bunch of cellar doors? props to him for finding so many cutty spots, but the tricks he did on them were themselves not impressive. this would be cool if it were a "here's some spots our city has to offer" type video, but for a video part showcasing skating talent, no. i'm the type of dude who is heavily influenced by his perception of the skater's personality, so i'm biased. but at the same time i think austyn gillette is pretty lame as a person and he's one of my favorite skaters to watch, because he's actually good (amazing).

and yeah, cool that he works a day job and skates. so do i and every skater i personally know. that's another thing that's only worth noting if the skater is actually good. i'm not at all surprised that he manages to skate at this level while working a day job, especially when he used to be a pro skater.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #132 on: May 26, 2013, 03:03:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
when you try that hard to be original, as a way of making up for a lack of talent, it loses any merit of being original. but really, how is it at all original to skate a bunch of cellar doors? props to him for finding so many cutty spots, but the tricks he did on them were themselves not impressive. this would be cool if it were a "here's some spots our city has to offer" type video, but for a video part showcasing skating talent, no. i'm the type of dude who is heavily influenced by his perception of the skater's personality, so i'm biased. but at the same time i think austyn gillette is pretty lame as a person and he's one of my favorite skaters to watch, because he's actually good (amazing).

and yeah, cool that he works a day job and skates. so do i and every skater i personally know. that's another thing that's only worth noting if the skater is actually good. i'm not at all surprised that he manages to skate at this level while working a day job, especially when he used to be a pro skater.
You couldn't do anything in this part.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

paraquat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 200
« Reply #133 on: May 26, 2013, 03:44:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Jack

• Rep: -1
« Reply #134 on: May 26, 2013, 05:02:43 PM »
Take that Austyn Cookiecutter and Gilbert Skatesthesame!

Don't see what your getting at

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #135 on: May 26, 2013, 05:14:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

lol he has a point. But, then again, tricks aren't Bobby's "angle". But it is clearly yours. So much so that you fail to understand the essence of Bobby Puleo.

Bobby doesn't care about "tricks". He doesn't care what tricks are considered cool and he doesn't care what tricks are difficult. He is concerned with the art of the activity, hence his intense focus on style. He is into the urban environment (in and out of skateboarding) and greatly likes fluid smooth natural looking styles. He dislikes anything that becomes trendy. He is a true creative type. His artistic sensibilities pour over into every element of his life. He's not trying to be different. He has to be different. It's like an internal calling. This translates into continually hunting for new spots and skating them in the most graceful manner that he can. Bobby is more Gonz than P-Rod. Obviously those two are apples and oranges.

Additionally, you said "when you try that hard to be original, as a way of making up for a lack of talent, it loses any merit of being original."

If that were the case then Rodney Mullen wasn't original. Clearly, your statement is greatly flawed.

BTW I doubt you or your friends are working full time jobs and filming top quality video parts in your 40's. Being half his age and putting a sloppy clip on YouTube isn't even close to the same thing he is doing.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 05:17:13 PM by Iceman »

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #136 on: May 26, 2013, 05:42:13 PM »
You complaining about bobby puleo is like going to the #1 steakhouse in the world and complaining there arent enough flavors of ice cream and asking why there isnt any lobster on the menu.

Jake

• Rep: -33
« Reply #137 on: May 26, 2013, 06:43:10 PM »
Are people still being tricked into thinking his clips aren't "hard"? I remember being that naive when I was younger. As a person whose been to a bunch of spots Bobby has skated, he makes it look easy, not the other way around. Spots are usually incredibly haggard/sketchy to the point they are barely skateable. Thats why youre seeing simpler tricks, those simple tricks are pushing the limits of the spot actually, you just wouldnt know.

weed420

• Rep: 39
« Reply #138 on: May 26, 2013, 06:56:00 PM »

lol he has a point. But, then again, tricks aren't Bobby's "angle". But it is clearly yours. So much so that you fail to understand the essence of Bobby Puleo.

Bobby doesn't care about "tricks". He doesn't care what tricks are considered cool and he doesn't care what tricks are difficult. He is concerned with the art of the activity, hence his intense focus on style. He is into the urban environment (in and out of skateboarding) and greatly likes fluid smooth natural looking styles. He dislikes anything that becomes trendy. He is a true creative type. His artistic sensibilities pour over into every element of his life. He's not trying to be different. He has to be different. It's like an internal calling. This translates into continually hunting for new spots and skating them in the most graceful manner that he can. Bobby is more Gonz than P-Rod. Obviously those two are apples and oranges.

Additionally, you said "when you try that hard to be original, as a way of making up for a lack of talent, it loses any merit of being original."

If that were the case then Rodney Mullen wasn't original. Clearly, your statement is greatly flawed.

BTW I doubt you or your friends are working full time jobs and filming top quality video parts in your 40's. Being half his age and putting a sloppy clip on YouTube isn't even close to the same thing he is doing.

ok

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #139 on: May 26, 2013, 07:21:46 PM »

ok

A most compelling retort. You should be an attorney.

Fake Tits

« Reply #140 on: May 26, 2013, 07:58:24 PM »
Some funny ass posted in here.

All I know is that made me wanna skate 100 times more than 99% of clips now days.

mattofallmatts

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -110
  • "I will not skateboard in the halls"
« Reply #141 on: May 26, 2013, 08:02:59 PM »

Portable cellar doors.

Jake

• Rep: -33
« Reply #142 on: May 26, 2013, 09:34:44 PM »

Portable cellar doors.

You might actually be regular if you think this guy goes through the effort to purchase a portable bmx cellar door to fashion his twisted vision of  skate spots. Why is that even coming into question, is it too hard to believe spots setup like this exist?

toque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
    • Portmanteau avatar image
« Reply #143 on: May 26, 2013, 09:45:26 PM »
I feel like if Bobby found out that there's a company making fake cellar doors he might perform some extreme act of violence.   

wheee!

Strike A Pose

• Rep: -613
  • Get slapped!
« Reply #144 on: May 27, 2013, 12:32:51 AM »
If Puleo lived in Oklahoma he could have found shelter for everyone in the entire state before the tornadoes hit!@

KennedyPowers

• Rep: -5
« Reply #145 on: May 27, 2013, 07:53:54 AM »
SHEEP. im calling out all the dumb kids that posted something unoriginal in here.
you know who you are and bobby doesnt like dick riders like you, bobby doesnt like anyone.
i wouldve respected this part more if he just released it on vcr and didnt show anyone, releasing a part on youtube so everyone can ride your dick is neither ethereal nor artistic.
the part was pretty good, some of those tricks were hard.

Obama doesn't want you to watch free porn, too much masturbation is slowing the economic recovery

bumptobar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -34
« Reply #146 on: May 27, 2013, 08:27:54 AM »
SHEEP. im calling out all the dumb kids that posted something unoriginal in here.
you know who you are and bobby doesnt like dick riders like you, bobby doesnt like anyone.
i wouldve respected this part more if he just released it on vcr and didnt show anyone, releasing a part on youtube so everyone can ride your dick is neither ethereal nor artistic.
the part was pretty good, some of those tricks were hard.

Umm what?

dankradschwag

« Reply #147 on: May 27, 2013, 08:41:56 AM »
all im gonna say is this part is the shit. a lot of the footy is really old, but still so sick. as for the comment above, this part was originally going to be the last part of a video featuring a shawn powers part and a jerry mraz part, but it fell through. so i believe it was the guy who was making the video who put the part out. also josh stewart filmed most of these clips for anyone wondering.

Rasmus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 68
« Reply #148 on: May 27, 2013, 08:50:14 AM »
Expand Quote

Portable cellar doors.
[close]

You might actually be regular if you think this guy goes through the effort to purchase a portable bmx cellar door to fashion his twisted vision of  skate spots. Why is that even coming into question, is it too hard to believe spots setup like this exist?

wouwouw!! wasn't that transportable cellar door comment a joke?

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #149 on: May 27, 2013, 12:44:11 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

so where's your part again?
He has photos up in the "post you skating" thread. They're awful. Like 5050's on 4 inch high curbs that drop off 3 stairs.

I also love how in another thread he claimed people who weren't down for Kyle Walker's part probably don't skate, but somehow can't see the amazing skating in Puleo's part because it doesn't fit his jockish definition of "talent" in the art that is skating.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out