Author Topic: Hardcore Thread  (Read 191199 times)

shredbuffalo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -43
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Hardcore Thread
« Reply #60 on: August 29, 2013, 06:47:09 PM »
Ringworm is one of my favorite bands of all time. They just streamed a new track from an EP that they're releasing for their new album "Hammer Of The Witch" on metalsucks.net This song has been melting my face off for the past few days and I can't wait until the new album comes out.
http://www.metalsucks.net/2013/08/20/exclusive-track-debut-ringworms-bleed/

If you're into more metallic/evil hardcore and you've never heard Ringworm, check out the new song and this video, "Justice Replaced By Revenge"...Pure Rage.
Ringworm - Justice Replaced By Revenge

Life Fast Johnny

« Reply #61 on: August 31, 2013, 10:22:55 AM »
Posting this for Josh.  I'm not huge on the support bands but the live return of Foundation and Until the End should be pretty wild.

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #62 on: September 02, 2013, 12:49:50 AM »
xbishopx still exist? i thought they had to change names and then kinda vanished?

Life Fast Johnny

« Reply #63 on: September 02, 2013, 05:30:09 AM »
Yeah, this is the first I had heard from them in a long while, but they are back. 

Their Facebook says they've not only been playing out all summer, but writing new material as well.

https://www.facebook.com/bishopAC

If anyone is hitting this let me know.  I think it will be a good warm up for Integrity/All Out War in Baltimore in January.

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -416
  • listen to Jawbreaker
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #64 on: September 02, 2013, 10:27:31 AM »
Alright, in this weekend's collection post, I'm going with Vegan Edge bands from Syracuse NOT named Earth Crisis.  In some cases here we're talking about predecessors, in others peers.  All with some semblance of that trademark Upstate crunchy chugga chugga sound and off the charts angry animal rights/environmentally conscious lyrics.

First up is Framework, which was 4/5 of Earth Crisis pre-ExC.  Really solid mid tempo hardcore that was actually pretty advanced for the very early '90's.  To my ears you can hear some Hardline Records influences (Raid, Vegan Reich) but it's still its own deal.

Framework Broken Mirror

Next, the Framework members not in ExC, most notably Shane Durgee, formed Gatekeeper and took that sound way farther.  Gatekeeper did only a demo and a few shows but made a huge impact with their much more up front metal influence and in your face Hardline imagery/logos/samples.  The sound quality is good on this for being a hastily recorded demo and they are one of those bands you always wish you had heard more of.

Gatekeeper - Vigilante

Separately, there were bands influenced by Earth Crisis' All Out War and Firestorm that formed and played around Syracuse during the '94-96 era.  One of the best were Soulstice, who were fairly well known due to their signature group shout chorus parts, dive bombs and overall metal direction.  "Nothing But Despair" is a perfect example of this scene completely departing from a traditional hardcore sound.

Soulstice - Nothing but Despair

As a bonus I'm throwing in another Soulstice track, "Turn Away" off their Dark Hour EP.  It is of less quality than their later stuff, but since this is SLAP, I couldn't neglect it due to the sheer brilliance of the clothing choices the band members wore in the promo photo.  Those red jeans sum up this era more than a million words could.

Soulstice - Turn Away

And as usual, I saved my favorite for the end, which in this case will be Green Rage.  Just ultra militant Syracuse chugging perfection.  Get the hair bleach, neck beads and messenger bags full of pamphlets/vegan Soft Batch, this one is good to go.

Green Rage - Sea of blood

Lived there around this time, I talk to Shane on facebook from time to time.

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 719
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
« Reply #65 on: September 02, 2013, 03:58:28 PM »
Make Move - Vanguard
Make Move was one of the more intense live shows I've seen.

7 generations cauterize @ sweet pea bakery
Found this video of a show I booked a while back. I do some vocals on the second half of the song.

Most Precious Blood "Shark Ethic"

Trial - War By Other Means
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #66 on: September 03, 2013, 01:27:33 AM »
this thread is so amazing lately.

thinking about it, since its a new thread, its just amazing. not only lately.

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 719
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
« Reply #67 on: September 04, 2013, 03:43:48 PM »
Ringworm is one of my favorite bands of all time. They just streamed a new track from an EP that they're releasing for their new album "Hammer Of The Witch" on metalsucks.net This song has been melting my face off for the past few days and I can't wait until the new album comes out.

If you're into more metallic/evil hardcore and you've never heard Ringworm, check out the new song and this video, "Justice Replaced By Revenge"...Pure Rage.

The best heckle I've ever heard from an audience member was at a Ringworm show in Tacoma. They had just played the first few songs in their set, and the singer who goes by "Human Furnace" starts doing a little onstage banter, then some guy from the back of the room yells "fucking move it along space heater". Singer shuts up, gives a little giggle and they rip into the next few songs. It was awesome.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

shredbuffalo

• Rep: -43
« Reply #68 on: September 06, 2013, 05:27:11 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

The best heckle I've ever heard from an audience member was at a Ringworm show in Tacoma. They had just played the first few songs in their set, and the singer who goes by "Human Furnace" starts doing a little onstage banter, then some guy from the back of the room yells "fucking move it along space heater". Singer shuts up, gives a little giggle and they rip into the next few songs. It was awesome.

Hahaha...Sounds like he was caught off guard with that one and couldn't think of a witty comeback. At least with the tough guy exterior (even though the dude's like 5'4" or something) he has a good sense of humor.

Life Fast Johnny

« Reply #69 on: September 07, 2013, 07:58:28 AM »
Just because fuck this week.

PATH OF RESISTANCE - "Counter"

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #71 on: September 18, 2013, 04:49:39 AM »
i somehow missed that fucking "modern life is war" has a new album out. LP ordered in a heartbeat. so stoked.

http://www.listenbeforeyoubuy.net/reviews/reviewlisten-modern-life-is-war-fever-hunting/

StabMasterArson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 774
« Reply #72 on: September 19, 2013, 05:57:30 PM »
My love, my way is an all time favorite of mine, and "first and ellen" is still the most inspiring song I've ever heard. The new one is ok, but doesnt look like they will be touring soon.

http://lambgoat.com/news/21092/Modern-Life-Is-War-drummer-tasered-arrested

beazlocal

• Rep: -28
« Reply #73 on: September 21, 2013, 07:53:35 PM »

beazlocal

• Rep: -28
« Reply #74 on: September 21, 2013, 08:00:27 PM »
not "hardcore", in today's sense, but one of the greatest bands of all time.

D.R.I. - All for nothing

LambShank

« Reply #75 on: September 24, 2013, 09:46:56 AM »
My love, my way is an all time favorite of mine, and "first and ellen" is still the most inspiring song I've ever heard. The new one is ok, but doesnt look like they will be touring soon.

http://lambgoat.com/news/21092/Modern-Life-Is-War-drummer-tasered-arrested

thanks for the tip, these guys are sick

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #76 on: September 26, 2013, 12:13:39 AM »
also, the new Touch? Amor? album is amazing. this and the MLIW one have been on heavy rotation. cant wait for the lp?s to arrive.

scorpion1001

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
  • All Hail Carroll
« Reply #77 on: September 26, 2013, 11:11:39 AM »
also, the new Touch? Amor? album is amazing. this and the MLIW one have been on heavy rotation. cant wait for the lp?s to arrive.
yes, yes it is.  i haven't listened to the MLIW record yet but i'm looking forward to it.

stoked on being able to snag a presale ticket to see my favorite band every time i die with letlive and code orange kids in brooklyn in december

Conor Thunderson

« Reply #78 on: October 03, 2013, 03:36:00 AM »
one of my favorite albums from the last few years.  still listen to it frequently.

http://bbbrecords.bandcamp.com/album/blind-faith

metsuri

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -29
« Reply #79 on: October 03, 2013, 04:55:42 AM »
Power Trip is so good. One of the albums of the year.
http://powertriptx.bandcamp.com/

And Nails is probably the best band in the world right now.

GnarlesManson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -118
« Reply #80 on: October 07, 2013, 02:58:56 PM »
last night i saw judge play to a crowd of around 100 people. it was amazing

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #81 on: October 11, 2013, 08:24:57 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
yes, yes it is.  i haven't listened to the MLIW record yet but i'm looking forward to it.

stoked on being able to snag a presale ticket to see my favorite band every time i die with letlive and code orange kids in brooklyn in december

fuck this is a great song

Touch? Amor? "Just Exist"

feel like posting this favorite of mine:

Have Heart - Songs To Scream At The Sun (Complete Album)

MeowPlease

• Rep: -4
« Reply #82 on: October 11, 2013, 08:55:21 AM »
homeys, i wanna start listening to weekend nachos but i dont wanna be the guy that only knows the new album.  where do you guys recommend i start? unless i should just go for the whole discog
torture ep is my favorite thing they've put out to date

MeowPlease

• Rep: -4
« Reply #83 on: October 11, 2013, 08:56:34 AM »
also <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/z2ueqM-CKfQ?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

and

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/oyTY63ZDGX8?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bukkakekills

• Rep: -2
« Reply #84 on: October 11, 2013, 11:36:19 AM »
Lana Del Rey

scorpion1001

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
  • All Hail Carroll
« Reply #85 on: October 11, 2013, 09:26:21 PM »
touche amore's new record is one of those where the songs are so good that your favorite one jumps around the more you listen to it.  this one is my current favorite

Touch? Amor? "Harbor"

Life Fast Johnny

« Reply #86 on: October 18, 2013, 01:57:28 PM »
Been blasting this on the cardio mix all week.  Had forgotten how powerful it was.

The hope conspiracy( 8 - Consumed)

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #87 on: October 19, 2013, 05:28:56 AM »
yes! i bought this cd at some show and the case got totally destroyed cause i carried it in my socks.

i wasnt too bright.

Life Fast Johnny

« Reply #88 on: November 02, 2013, 10:22:39 AM »
Empire of Rats covering Cold as Life and not mangling it.  Whole album is insane.

Empire of Rats - Little from the World (COLD AS LIFE COVER)

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
« Reply #89 on: November 03, 2013, 09:51:53 PM »
VOID
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.