Author Topic: "Cherry" a video by William Strobeck for Supreme  (Read 239751 times)

Laban Fetus

Re: "Cherry" a video by William Strobeck for Supreme
« Reply #1230 on: March 23, 2014, 12:07:47 PM »
Full part from this kid ASAP. Still bummed he had only had 3 or 4 tricks in there

Candygirl

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -4
« Reply #1231 on: March 23, 2014, 12:18:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
well managed to get an uncharacteriscally long answer out of alex. doesn't justify it, almost makes it worse that the dude said let me die in peace, but maybe he was just being dramatic.

"Here, the guy sat down I went over and asked simply if he could please move over a few feet. He said ?let me die in piece??. Seemed weird, but I asked him again ? look, I?m just trying to try and film something. this is my job,it would really help if you could Please move over?. The man doesn?t even acknowledges me and just keeps
Smoking. I had to walk away, this was so Annoying and frustrating, I think bill even was getting pissed that his dude was being an asshole cause he could.
So I?m back at the run up and bill waves at me signaling that he moved. I go up
To see where and he move less then a foot. That?s when I said no more?You?re gonna be a fucking asshole, I?ll be asshole too? I ripped he?s bag, like what you see in the footage. After that I was embarrassed at my action and told bill we needed to leave.
Bill, was like ?he moved!? Let?s
Get this trick and I could even focus on anything. So,We left skating down the westside, skating down and six cop car pull up from every street ? GET UP ON THE WALL!? They took our id?s asked a bunch of questions and told them what happen. No one punch anyone there wasn?t a fight but people had phone in the cops saying that there was. At the end of everything, nothing happen. they let us go and another fight broke out down the street so they had to stop that. We had to run after the cops cause they still Had our id?s and it took us six blocks of running after these cops and they just threw them at us and kept going.
I?m not happy i did, but people have done a lot worst and it?s funny that it?s on film but I shouldn?t of let it get to that point."
[close]
does AO even english?
[close]

I have literally no idea how people can respect AO
[close]
I don't think the guy really went to school, it is what it is

I was thinking the same thing.
I know 12 year old children with English as a second language who are able to express themselves more understandable than AO.

shone237

« Reply #1232 on: March 23, 2014, 12:28:45 PM »
those cringe worthy scenes felt like an homage to a time when skaters where outsiders and could relate to "plaza people", now we have kids doing it because they are self entitled brats that want likes on social media. Context lost. Jocks gone wild.

duffmanshredder

• Rep: 16
« Reply #1233 on: March 23, 2014, 12:33:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
well managed to get an uncharacteriscally long answer out of alex. doesn't justify it, almost makes it worse that the dude said let me die in peace, but maybe he was just being dramatic.

"Here, the guy sat down I went over and asked simply if he could please move over a few feet. He said ?let me die in piece??. Seemed weird, but I asked him again ? look, I?m just trying to try and film something. this is my job,it would really help if you could Please move over?. The man doesn?t even acknowledges me and just keeps
Smoking. I had to walk away, this was so Annoying and frustrating, I think bill even was getting pissed that his dude was being an asshole cause he could.
To see where and he move less then a foot. That?s when I said no more?You?re gonna be a fucking asshole, I?ll be asshole too? I ripped he?s bag, like what you see in the footage. After that I was embarrassed at my action and told bill we needed to leave.
Get this trick and I could even focus on anything. So,We left skating down the westside, skating down and six cop car pull up from every street ? GET UP ON THE WALL!? They took our id?s asked a bunch of questions and told them what happen. No one punch anyone there wasn?t a fight but people had phone in the cops saying that there was. At the end of everything, nothing happen. they let us go and another fight broke out down the street so they had to stop that. We had to run after the cops cause they still Had our id?s and it took us six blocks of running after these cops and they just threw them at us and kept going.
I?m not happy i did, but people have done a lot worst and it?s funny that it?s on film but I shouldn?t of let it get to that point."
[close]
does AO even english?
[close]

[close]
[close]

I know 12 year old children with English as a second language who are able to express themselves more understandable than AO.
It seems like you might want to work on your English skills as well.
it's not fantasizing if it really happened.  your gay as fuck for even thinkin about them havin sex u fagit

heavybreathing

« Reply #1234 on: March 23, 2014, 12:45:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
does AO even english?
[close]

[close]
He actually didn't, if I recall he was unschooled from a very young age.

yungthug

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #1235 on: March 23, 2014, 12:53:16 PM »
Full part from this kid ASAP. Still bummed he had only had 3 or 4 tricks in there

Yeah Aiden surprised me. I really liked his stuff. Out of all the FA kids he was probably on my radar the least.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #1236 on: March 23, 2014, 01:52:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
does AO even english?
[close]

[close]
[close]
He actually didn't, if I recall he was unschooled from a very young age.
[/quote

AO is an idiot, hope hes figured out all the logistics to his company. Would hate for him to lose it by not properly counting all his funds or something very basic like that.

foreign dope

• Rep: -17
« Reply #1237 on: March 23, 2014, 02:30:15 PM »
what in the hell was kadow trying on that big les bar that olson smithed and rieder rifty-fifties?? obviously some kind of switch boardslide, which is psycho, but where could he even take that on that spot? transfer to ledge ride? i'd like to see him see that through.

Kadow is nuts, way more style than any of the FA kids. Watch his \m/ part

dadstyle

• Rep: -1
« Reply #1238 on: March 23, 2014, 02:46:30 PM »
Dude that trick has been around for years, we called them kickflip kickbacks in the 80's!!

This dad was born in 88 but either way LOL. I'm not proud that I can do said trick. Might have to take it down some stairs asap though.

Wall of Nausea

• Rep: -60
« Reply #1239 on: March 23, 2014, 02:47:38 PM »
Where was Nick Cannon's part?

doublesteveburger

« Reply #1240 on: March 23, 2014, 03:08:22 PM »
watched it numerous times now.
almost got choked up when I watched it with the girl and she asked 'that's gonz, right?'

she's a keeper, fellas.

piece of shit, straight up.

• Rep: -182
« Reply #1241 on: March 23, 2014, 03:14:23 PM »
almost got choked up when I watched it with the girl and she asked 'that's gonz, right?'

she's a keeper, fellas.

Post n00dz of this hog.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #1242 on: March 23, 2014, 03:21:27 PM »
Expand Quote

she's a keeper, fellas.

[close]

Post n00dz of this hog.

post a fit first

bottom feeder

• Rep: -1
« Reply #1243 on: March 23, 2014, 03:31:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
does AO even english?
[close]

[close]
[close]

hahaha, I hope this post is an attempt at irony.

Slappy_Happy

• Rep: -11
« Reply #1244 on: March 23, 2014, 03:32:32 PM »
Here is my spiel,

I thoroughly enjoyed it.  In my opinion it is the best video I have seen in a while.  I liked the editing.  I found that the montage style made it seem really raw, but I with they included names because I wanna know who some of those FA kids are.  I loved the tricks.  I thought Koston's clips were rad.  Andrew Allen had a few clips.  I thought Olson didn't have enough but the things he had were quality.  Rieder is too good.  Sean Pablo killed it.  I wish that AVE had a few more clips but I guess Ill have to wait until the vans video.  It was pleasantly surprising and overall I didn't think that the editing helped or harmed the video in any way.  All the Dill footage is getting me stoked for the Vans video.
the evidence seems to be in the highwaters.

A Not At All Naughty Chemist

• Rep: 48
« Reply #1245 on: March 23, 2014, 03:54:47 PM »
cool video

via

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 239
« Reply #1246 on: March 23, 2014, 04:05:15 PM »
Here is my spiel,

I thoroughly enjoyed it.  In my opinion it is the best video I have seen in a while.  I liked the editing.  I found that the montage style made it seem really raw, but I with they included names because I wanna know who some of those FA kids are.  I loved the tricks.  I thought Koston's clips were rad.  Andrew Allen had a few clips.  I thought Olson didn't have enough but the things he had were quality.  Rieder is too good.  Sean Pablo killed it.  I wish that AVE had a few more clips but I guess Ill have to wait until the vans video.  It was pleasantly surprising and overall I didn't think that the editing helped or harmed the video in any way.  All the Dill footage is getting me stoked for the Vans video.

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #1247 on: March 23, 2014, 05:28:02 PM »
a pm would be swell fellas
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

MoeMoney

• Rep: -2
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1248 on: March 23, 2014, 05:56:46 PM »
hey now!

Slappy_Happy

• Rep: -11
« Reply #1249 on: March 23, 2014, 06:25:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Here is my spiel,

[close]

chill b...
the evidence seems to be in the highwaters.

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1196
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1250 on: March 23, 2014, 06:31:30 PM »
thought it was rad.  kits, fits, bits and all.  classic stuff actually. 
hardly art, hardly starving

yashicat4

• Rep: -4
« Reply #1251 on: March 23, 2014, 06:42:37 PM »
so does anyone have a working link? a pm would be cool

SonictheHedgehog

• Rep: -14
« Reply #1252 on: March 23, 2014, 06:48:24 PM »
After a few views I really like the video. The soundtrack alone is superb. I always dug that Jane's Addiction track and also really liked the Gang Gang Dance song for the "pro" montage. The Group Home at the end was dope as well, as was Dill's Raekwon.

Skating was top notch, as was to be expected. Strobeck always associates with good style and this was no different.

I have been on the "defend Pappalardo" side for a while now, but I think this finally changed my mind. His tricks were a fucking joke. What a waste. The look on his face when the guy was hitting the crack pipe was just real creepy.

Would've liked to seen some stuff from Hsu, Jake Johnson, and Gillette but oh well. I was surprised at the Koston and Mariano footage. Good stuff.
wash uffize drive me to firenze

AfterEight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -81
« Reply #1253 on: March 23, 2014, 07:02:42 PM »
Theres a fine line between art and being weird for the sake of being weird.

Ill check this out tomorrow.

juhzden

• Rep: 6
« Reply #1254 on: March 23, 2014, 07:19:58 PM »
so it was for sure crack?

shark tits

« Reply #1255 on: March 23, 2014, 07:26:57 PM »
so it was for sure crack?
no, it was weed. crack pipes are just straight tubes about 3 inches long, diameter a little bigger than a pen. ya'll ain't never seen a bowl before? guy w/ skullet on weed, confirmed.

piece of shit, straight up.

• Rep: -182
« Reply #1256 on: March 23, 2014, 07:32:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Here is my spiel,

[close]

LOVE! HAHAHA

conqueso

« Reply #1257 on: March 23, 2014, 08:08:44 PM »
nobody mentioning paulo diaz?
A true original with his own style. Nollie over the bar was sick.

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65504
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #1258 on: March 23, 2014, 08:19:38 PM »
Having watched it a few times, it is pretty good.

The extra bits really add to the whole experience.

Although you might think Olson is a dick or Pops is fucking with someone or not like seeing a fight, it is still a million times better than having Jack Black do a painful cameo or a monster logo. How much more interesting is this than street leagues sanitized search for the uber-bot?

Things have changed a lot in the past ten years and though this video is a throwback in someways, it still reminds us of why skateboard videos were special and more than just the latest battle commander.

The contrast between the old pros and the young ones is interesting too. Quite a few of them have been through the mill, Mariano, Dill, Dylan, Paulo and looking at things Pops too... Wonder how many of the Supreme kids will 'make it' and where that may take them.

Koston probably had the hardest trick in there too. The frontside 180 fakie 5-0 flip out was great.
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

Exposure

• Rep: -269
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1259 on: March 23, 2014, 08:26:10 PM »
Koston probably had the hardest trick in there

I liked Koston's footage but no way
I can ollie 6 decks why would I want to scrape the ground with my tricks