Author Topic: Legendary tales about skaters  (Read 60171 times)

Cervix Couch

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 3
Re: Legendary tales about skaters
« Reply #150 on: May 28, 2014, 09:24:28 PM »
Peter Gunn bombed prescott in the rain, on acid, and barefoot, while carrying a bag of groceries and a gallon of milk

Edit: Hill's at 25:30 if anyone cares. I recommend the whole video to those interested http://youtu.be/VghCbdWOwSE?t=25m30s You get going around 35-40 by my estimates

I knew I'd find you on here..

Kanye Omari West

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -361
« Reply #151 on: May 28, 2014, 11:50:51 PM »
Dumb story..

I went to the states to stay with my friend in SF, Franco (amazing artist who did stuff for Deluxe, Blackbox etc) good skater and all round legend.

Anyway we were driving around and we see T-Mo.. Franco tells me to yell at him in my Australian accent. It was early so T-Mo is probably hungover or still drunk and he starts waving his arms around and looks like a rabid dog.

Anyway. I have a burner phone and Franco gives me his number. I called him so many times asking if he wants vegemite on his shrimp on the barbie and dumb shit like that.

T-Mo would just yell into the phone for ages telling me he was gonna kill me and shit like that. We would leave it on loud speaker and laugh and laugh.

Dumb story fin.

I missed the legendary part of this. Unless there wasn't one to begin with...

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1383
« Reply #152 on: May 29, 2014, 12:15:53 AM »
Expand Quote
does anybody remember reading about a fight between Tony Alva and Tony Miorana?  I remember reading it Thrasher I believe
[close]

From what I remember it was just T-Mo talking shit to Alva until he punched him and roughed him up a but but T-Mo didn't fight back or anything. I could have it all wrong.  Happened at some Euro contest, I'm sure someone knows it better than me

That's basically what happened. I think T-Mo was talking shit on Chris Cook whom I believe rode for Dogtown and who's friends with Alva. Alva took offense to this and it eventually escalated into a fight where Alva punched him. T-Mo talked about how he kept his cool the whole time and came out the better man for it. I can't remember who wrote the article, but they mentioned how Alva has a huge ego and would've gotten beat down himself if he wasn't Tony Alva. I would hope that's all blown over by now. Think the contest was Marseille as well.

Tarela

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 11
  • We spent four seasons at the Four Seasons twice
« Reply #153 on: May 29, 2014, 12:32:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
didnt mike carroll fuck justin pierce's girl and then he hung himself
[close]
that was actually supposedly Mariano, idk if is true but there was a lot of talk on here about it when Mariano made his comeack, you prolly find those threads
[close]
If you watch the epicaly later'd on Guy, his live in girlfriend who reached out to get help from Rick and Meagan to get guy help is Justin Pierce's former wife. Sad story all around, but Justin definitely had problems outside of that incident, and wouldn't be surprised if the guilt contributed significantly to the demons that led Guy to drug addiction. Sad story all around.

Very
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
does anybody remember reading about a fight between Tony Alva and Tony Miorana?  I remember reading it Thrasher I believe
[close]

From what I remember it was just T-Mo talking shit to Alva until he punched him and roughed him up a but but T-Mo didn't fight back or anything. I could have it all wrong.  Happened at some Euro contest, I'm sure someone knows it better than me

[close]

That's basically what happened. I think T-Mo was talking shit on Chris Cook whom I believe rode for Dogtown and who's friends with Alva. Alva took offense to this and it eventually escalated into a fight where Alva punched him. T-Mo talked about how he kept his cool the whole time and came out the better man for it. I can't remember who wrote the article, but they mentioned how Alva has a huge ego and would've gotten beat down himself if he wasn't Tony Alva. I would hope that's all blown over by now. Think the contest was Marseille as well.

I believe this, Tony Alva actually tried to actually push me off my board once from behind so he could get to a quarterpipe before me, i wasnt tryna let him drop back in and we almost got it on...

I've never heard a bad Sheffey story, or Harold Hunter story except when people try and clean it up...

I watched PJ Ladd skate once for like a solid 20/30 minutes and didnt sit down or miss a single trick. Flipped in and out of everything.

Billy Rohan vs. Cheeto (Sexgoat) part 1 (this video), 2 (on the contest course) and 3 (outside when they both were removed) is also a recent classic, so were the subsequent Instagram posts between those two after.

*Edit* the dude in the sunglasses kinda breaking it up at the end is jacked but a dickhead security guard. Contests/events in nyc or anywhere bum me out when they feel they need security guards or use barriers and barricades to seperate skaters/pros/ams/locals from kids/fans/milfs/etc. Skateboarding has no place for security guards, unless were talking Big Black.

*Extra Edit* Cheeto would actually go on to win that contest, him and Billy are both dope tho ahahaha

« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 12:51:25 AM by Tarela »

Malcolm Sex

• Rep: -89
« Reply #154 on: May 30, 2014, 01:22:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Chris Pontius sayin in his BB interview that Danny Way would go to the border and shoot the mexicans jumping over the fence. Said Danny would drive around too and grab holda a dude on a motorcycle then gun it and push the dude over.
[close]
I could see that. Or Danny Way in a helicopter shooting a border jumpers.

http://scienceversuslife.tumblr.com/post/87281426469/not-british-but-worth-seeing-chris-pontius-talks

nylin

« Reply #155 on: May 30, 2014, 01:42:43 AM »
Alex Perelson & Rune Glifberg  made out with each other  & both admitted to it 

Where was this?

Malcolm Sex

• Rep: -89
« Reply #156 on: May 30, 2014, 01:49:55 AM »
On the lips

castillo's curls

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 70
« Reply #157 on: May 30, 2014, 02:40:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Peter Gunn bombed prescott in the rain, on acid, and barefoot, while carrying a bag of groceries and a gallon of milk

Edit: Hill's at 25:30 if anyone cares. I recommend the whole video to those interested http://youtu.be/VghCbdWOwSE?t=25m30s You get going around 35-40 by my estimates
[close]

that chubby chick at 26:00 is rad.

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -416
  • listen to Jawbreaker
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #158 on: May 30, 2014, 06:35:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
does anybody remember reading about a fight between Tony Alva and Tony Miorana?  I remember reading it Thrasher I believe
[close]

From what I remember it was just T-Mo talking shit to Alva until he punched him and roughed him up a but but T-Mo didn't fight back or anything. I could have it all wrong.  Happened at some Euro contest, I'm sure someone knows it better than me

[close]

Chris Cook was pro for Alva and still rips to this day!

Kevin Malone

• Rep: -31
« Reply #159 on: May 30, 2014, 09:17:02 AM »
does anybody remember reading about a fight between Tony Alva and Tony Miorana??  I remember reading it Thrasher I believe

TONY vs TONY

That night there was another contest, this time at the bar. I wasn't there so I had to get the story second hand, but this is what I could gather from my sources. Tony Miorana, AKA Two Beer Tony, AKA Tony Moron-o, was heckling Tony Alva pretty hard. Pretty much in an effort to piss him off enough to fight him, or in this case just beat him up pretty good. I guess this went on for a while until Alva had heard enough shit talking about himself, his friends, and his former teammates. After tossing Miorana across several tables (all the while Miorana still talking it up), Alva punched Miorana in the face, knocking his two front teeth loose. I saw Miorana the next morning and although he didn't look too good he was claiming victory. Not too sure of what he meant, I asked him to explain. "You see, I remained calm. Alva was the one who lost control and started hitting me. Besides, do you win a fight if the other guy doesn't fight back?" I guess he had a point because when I went to Alva to get his side of the story he was still worked up about the whole thing.

At first I though that Miorana really blew it this time. Actually, he does something like this every time he drinks. But by the time Sunday rolled around, his actions tended to make a little more sense. See, nobody likes an ego, and Alva has the biggest one in skateboarding. Each night at the bar he was prancing around like he was the shit, and most people were going with it. "Yeah, the legend Tony Alva is here. We're partying with Alva!" He feeds off this shit big time: walking up to whatever girl he sees and trying to make out with her. Picking up whoever's drink he chooses for himself.

If he wasn't TA, someone would have knocked his teeth out.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -325
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #160 on: May 30, 2014, 09:22:41 AM »
I forgot if it was Tim or Bam who told some stories about Tom Penny . About when muska and tom lived together and toms room was so full of clothes that you couldnt navigate it , he would never wash his clothes just get new from the sponsors . And then one day he decided to clean the room and took everything down to the beach and burned it

And the other story was tom being so high watching a skatevideo , during the flick tom said something like " woooh , this guy is really good " and muska or tim said " tom , thats you "

good old TSA days

Andrew

• Rep: 100
  • lightcatcher
« Reply #161 on: May 30, 2014, 09:53:13 AM »

And the other story was tom being so high watching a skatevideo , during the flick tom said something like " woooh , this guy is really good " and muska or tim said " tom , thats you "

good old TSA days

hahahahaha so great
The only thing you nerds grind down is yer keyboard keys.

natenola forever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 117
« Reply #162 on: May 30, 2014, 09:55:09 AM »
Expand Quote
does anybody remember reading about a fight between Tony Alva and Tony Miorana??� I remember reading it Thrasher I believe
[close]

TONY vs TONY

That night there was another contest, this time at the bar. I wasn't there so I had to get the story second hand, but this is what I could gather from my sources. Tony Miorana, AKA Two Beer Tony, AKA Tony Moron-o, was heckling Tony Alva pretty hard. Pretty much in an effort to piss him off enough to fight him, or in this case just beat him up pretty good. I guess this went on for a while until Alva had heard enough shit talking about himself, his friends, and his former teammates. After tossing Miorana across several tables (all the while Miorana still talking it up), Alva punched Miorana in the face, knocking his two front teeth loose. I saw Miorana the next morning and although he didn't look too good he was claiming victory. Not too sure of what he meant, I asked him to explain. "You see, I remained calm. Alva was the one who lost control and started hitting me. Besides, do you win a fight if the other guy doesn't fight back?" I guess he had a point because when I went to Alva to get his side of the story he was still worked up about the whole thing.

At first I though that Miorana really blew it this time. Actually, he does something like this every time he drinks. But by the time Sunday rolled around, his actions tended to make a little more sense. See, nobody likes an ego, and Alva has the biggest one in skateboarding. Each night at the bar he was prancing around like he was the shit, and most people were going with it. "Yeah, the legend Tony Alva is here. We're partying with Alva!" He feeds off this shit big time: walking up to whatever girl he sees and trying to make out with her. Picking up whoever's drink he chooses for himself.

If he wasn't TA, someone would have knocked his teeth out.
yeah Tony is from about an hour from here a small town named Houma, La, so he was in New Orleans a lot and lived here for a year or 2, and he's just one of those dudes that likes to get under peoples skin and piss them, thats his thing. He' s button pusher and gets off on doing that kinda shit, most of the time when he would come to visit he would get kick out of his best friends house 3-4 days for that shit. In the game he's playing he definitely won.

ttching!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65214
  • Smilin' Mercenary
« Reply #163 on: May 30, 2014, 09:57:01 AM »

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #164 on: May 30, 2014, 10:56:52 AM »
Did anyone hear about the Gonz taking Jordan Richter's part out of his copy of Video Days? The story I heard was that they two of them were watching the video a few years after it came out and Jordan mentioned something about how he thought his part didn't deserve to be in the video when the tape jumps from Guy's part to Gonz's part.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Tarela

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 11
  • We spent four seasons at the Four Seasons twice
« Reply #165 on: May 30, 2014, 12:22:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I second this

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #166 on: May 30, 2014, 12:37:31 PM »
seeing all the guy j. pierce stuff reminded me of this blog:
http://secondhandembarrassment.blogspot.com/2010/02/casper-friendly-ghost.html

i think its pretty legendary that someone got away with pouring out other skaters most inmate stories for like like 5 years without anyone figuring out who it was. 
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

shark tits

« Reply #167 on: May 30, 2014, 12:39:47 PM »

i think its pretty legendary that someone got away with pouring out other skaters most inmate stories for like like 5 years without anyone figuring out who it was. 
you do realize that blog is mostly fiction, right? that's prolly what you meant by 'inmate stories'.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -325
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #168 on: May 30, 2014, 12:42:23 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
you do realize that blog is mostly fiction, right? that's prolly what you meant by 'inmate stories'.

Yeah I was going to say , most of that blog was made up . Might be some truths in there or based on real stories , like a hollywood movie ...

Rumpleforeskin

« Reply #169 on: May 30, 2014, 12:45:42 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

That is fucking great.

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #170 on: May 30, 2014, 01:09:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
That is fucking great.
hahaha

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #171 on: May 30, 2014, 01:18:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

I second this
yeah, Alex White impressed me too

sluggers

• Rep: -407
« Reply #172 on: May 30, 2014, 03:51:02 PM »
Did anyone hear about the Gonz taking Jordan Richter's part out of his copy of Video Days? The story I heard was that they two of them were watching the video a few years after it came out and Jordan mentioned something about how he thought his part didn't deserve to be in the video when the tape jumps from Guy's part to Gonz's part.

I think it was the Crailtap guys, not the Gonz.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #173 on: May 30, 2014, 03:57:33 PM »
there's a story about tom penny kickflipping over a ten-stair handrail in timberland boots, my brain can't even wrap my head around it.

hufs calve muscles

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 48
« Reply #174 on: May 30, 2014, 06:29:15 PM »
Yup.. T-Mo is a shocker.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1383
« Reply #175 on: May 30, 2014, 11:00:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Chris Cook was pro for Alva and still rips to this day!

Thanks for clarifying! Forgot which team they rode for. And thanks Kevin for posting the article's text.

railchomper420

• Rep: -35
« Reply #176 on: May 31, 2014, 12:48:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Chris Pontius sayin in his BB interview that Danny Way would go to the border and shoot the mexicans jumping over the fence. Said Danny would drive around too and grab holda a dude on a motorcycle then gun it and push the dude over.
[close]
I could see that. Or Danny Way in a helicopter shooting a border jumpers.
[close]

http://scienceversuslife.tumblr.com/post/87281426469/not-british-but-worth-seeing-chris-pontius-talks

good read! hes tight does party boy still skate?

natenola forever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 117
« Reply #177 on: May 31, 2014, 02:33:27 PM »
yeah that was actually Mike and Greg Carroll, and they put the video in at their house when Jordan was there and forgot the took his part out,
and he saw that and everything got akward after that.

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -416
  • listen to Jawbreaker
« Reply #178 on: June 02, 2014, 02:25:21 PM »
Anyone know the story of Jamie Thomas getting banned from Thrasher for a while, getting kicked off of all DLX products and basically not being skater of the year? I heard it had something to do with him fucking someones wife or girlfriend.

pinche gringo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
« Reply #179 on: June 02, 2014, 02:44:23 PM »
Anyone know the story of Jamie Thomas getting banned from Thrasher for a while, getting kicked off of all DLX products and basically not being skater of the year? I heard it had something to do with him fucking someones wife or girlfriend.
As the story goes, it was Tommy G's better half.