Author Topic: Jason Jesse Speaks Chinese on Free Lunch  (Read 4332 times)

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 704
  • Speculatnaciousness?
Jason Jesse Speaks Chinese on Free Lunch
« on: June 25, 2014, 12:17:57 PM »
Well that was weird.
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

raji

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 8
Re: Jason Jesse Speaks Chinese on Free Lunch
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 01:48:31 PM »
Fuck that was good. He really needs his own show. The dating tip!

Useless Wooden Bench

• Rep: 159
    • Pappy avatar image
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2014, 01:59:44 PM »
"I was just a kid... like 14 or 20"
This is the dude this show was made for!

Pango

• Rep: -30
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2014, 02:57:27 PM »
That was actually really good and the first phrase is such a staple at my grandma's weekly mahjong get together, yeah Jason Jesse repping Kowloon which is kinda funny cuz most white people live on Hong Kong Island

Baron Samedi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 372
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2014, 03:34:40 PM »
"oh i don't care honey i used to wipe your butt"

Dirtymac

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2014, 03:53:06 PM »
I truely believe he's Stecyk's(sp?) lovechild I really do...
"Never talk shit about a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. That way you're a mile away AND you've got his shoes"

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2014, 04:12:09 PM »
That was great. Jessee is one of my absolute favorites, easily in my top 3 or 4 all time. A true original in skateboarding history. It's a same he was never really able to properly 'cash in' (I use the term loosely) on his talent at the height of his popularity. He was caught up in some weirdness, ran with a very sketchy crew and then the whole vert crash happened.

I'm glad to see he's been able to somewhat parlay his identity into something constructive with this current resurgence of nostalgia.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 04:13:55 PM by heritage »

Baron Samedi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2014, 04:24:04 PM »
That was great. Jessee is one of my absolute favorites, easily in my top 3 or 4 all time. A true original in skateboarding history. It's a same he was never really able to properly 'cash in' (I use the term loosely) on his talent at the height of his popularity. He was caught up in some weirdness, ran with a very sketchy crew and then the whole vert crash happened.

I'm glad to see he's been able to somewhat parlay his identity into something constructive with this current resurgence of nostalgia.
Well I'll tell ya, he may never have been able to cash in on his talent when he was at the top of his game, but he's certainly made up for it with having pro models for Santa Cruz and running The Driven (his own board company) at the same time, milking the shit out of paychecks and having pro models on Vans for years when he wasn't even really skating, and other stuff of that sort. I don't have anything against the dude and I do think it's rad he's back to really skating again, but I definitely don't think there has ever been any lack of cashing in on his part. I'd posit that skateboarding has actually taken pretty decent care of him.

heritage

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2014, 04:38:06 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Well I'll tell ya, he may never have been able to cash in on his talent when he was at the top of his game, but he's certainly made up for it with having pro models for Santa Cruz and running The Driven (his own board company) at the same time, milking the shit out of paychecks and having pro models on Vans for years when he wasn't even really skating, and other stuff of that sort. I don't have anything against the dude and I do think it's rad he's back to really skating again, but I definitely don't think there has ever been any lack of cashing in on his part. I'd posit that skateboarding has actually taken pretty decent care of him.

Sort of true, but not entirely informed. He wasn't seeing a penny from all the SC reissues. Driven was cashing in and/or milking? He'd get about 100 boards pressed at a time. And pro models on Vans? You mean the one Syndicate Hi shoe? I guess you and I have different ideas of what 'cashing in' means.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 04:42:22 PM by heritage »

Baron Samedi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2014, 04:53:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Sort of true, but not entirely informed. He wasn't seeing a penny from all the SC reissues. Driven was cashing in and/or milking? He'd get about 100 boards pressed at a time. And pro models on Vans? You mean the one Syndicate Hi shoe? I guess you and I have different ideas of what 'cashing in' means.
Yeah I'd assume NHS owns the Sun God and the Virgin Mary all the other really iconic stuff, but he definitely had pro models under their Veterans Division for which he definitely was getting paid all the while he was not really skating. You're probably right about the one syndicate shoe and it was probably a mutually beneficial thing what with them using his name to drum up sales. But yes, I do sort of see owning your own board company while cashing checks from another board company as being a bit shady even if it's a small operation. Again, nothing against him. It's probably just karma coming around for him not being able to cash in back in the 80's when he was doing those 10 foot high method airs to fakie.

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2014, 05:00:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

well, in my book, if a guy can afford to wear two hats at the same time, you can be sure he's cashing in.

yapple dapple

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2014, 05:44:00 PM »
Homeboy is spun to the gore. He keeps looking over his shoulder like someone is behind him and he can't stay still. plus where's the food at?

heritage

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2014, 06:13:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
well, in my book, if a guy can afford to wear two hats at the same time, you can be sure he's cashing in.

Very true!

shit_for_brains

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2014, 07:53:56 PM »
He got me on the chickens, lost me on the dating tips.

raji

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2014, 12:29:56 AM »
And hes honest about how often he watches streets on fire unlike dill with his photosynthesis part

clutch

• Rep: 2
  • "here it is, 96 and i'm wearing mickey reyes gear"
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2014, 04:14:45 AM »
good shit sombitches

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65504
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2014, 04:16:38 AM »
Classic.

He has a great sense of humour.

Only serious moment seemed to be Gator.
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

assvogel

• Rep: 210
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2014, 04:46:56 AM »
Best dude on and off skateboard.

Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
  • PHILA
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2014, 07:47:22 AM »
Homeboy is spun to the gore. He keeps looking over his shoulder like someone is behind him and he can't stay still. plus where's the food at?

skateboarding's Hunter S

shit_for_brains

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2014, 09:15:30 AM »
Hunter S Thompson? I saw more Steve Brule and Charlie Kelly.

Kanye Omari West

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -361
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2014, 02:58:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

MJ is cashing in for sure

myles.

• Rep: 4
    • mylessk8s avatar image
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2014, 06:51:25 PM »
best free lunch yet.... haha Jason's a mad man

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2014, 11:51:55 PM »
on that Gonz, "I can say anything" typa shit

Bitter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 162
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2014, 07:14:40 AM »
Comic genius. That line about "Tried to moonwalk outta there, went straight to the bathroom and bawled" had me dying.

Fenzadill

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
  • lemme get the 4 dollar one
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2014, 07:40:53 AM »

That's how he always acts.

This shit was amazing.

Wow I just realized Scout Jesse is a teenager by now, Jason must be trippin.
example. i cant cast a spelll or love potion on a girl and she falls total in love for me
but i can show a girl my tv youtube clip on my or her phone. but there's a difference ok

The Nose Face

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2014, 10:54:41 AM »
Hunter S Thompson? I saw more Steve Brule and Charlie Kelly.

After the motorcycle stories of him eating shit - I say he's more like skateboarding's Gary Busey.

His designs for vans were some of the best they've even done...I'm talking sick materials, heavy duty stitching, Metal Shanks in the insoles for kick starting motorcycles, Etc...

I had a pair of these and sold them on eBay...to a guy in Japan! No kidding.

Brent212

• Rep: 1
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2014, 10:58:39 PM »
Quote from: The Nose Face  link=topic=79657.msg2168856#msg2168856 date=1403891681
His designs for vans were some of the best they've even done...I'm talking sick materials, heavy duty stitching, Metal Shanks in the insoles for kick starting motorcycles, Etc...

HOLY SHIT, those are some good looking kicks. They still sell those anywhere? Imma get on the google machine right after this, but just in case I come up empty, I'll leave that question open.