Author Topic: Plan B TRUE Video Trailer 2014  (Read 43122 times)

ill_Murray

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 402
Re: Plan B TRUE Video Trailer 2014
« Reply #120 on: July 11, 2014, 08:20:56 AM »
Expand Quote
He's obviously trying to pander to the Slap audience. What a pathetic thing to do, try and be cool to the few hundred people that frequent this message board. The thousands of others will just think he's an idiot.
[close]

You're probably being sarcastic, but some of you guys seriously overestimate how much pro skaters (or anyone) cares about this message board.

Berra cares.
ill murray, can you remind me why you think im a kook

john smith

« Reply #121 on: July 11, 2014, 08:23:08 AM »
waiting.  how antiquated.     ::)

Willy Santos cut my hair

• Rep: 391
« Reply #122 on: July 11, 2014, 10:09:34 AM »

handsclapanin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 286
« Reply #123 on: July 11, 2014, 02:29:34 PM »
It can't be a good sign when the most prominently displayed board in the entire trailer isn't the company you're advertising...

I noticed that too! Colin playing air guitar on a SkateMafia. Probably just Jake Brown's board.

coyote2425

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #124 on: July 11, 2014, 05:16:43 PM »
Sheckler sits on top of of El Toro. Must have backside flipped it, obviously...

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 403
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #125 on: July 11, 2014, 07:18:40 PM »
Sheckler sits on top of of El Toro. Must have backside flipped it, obviously...

Damn dude.  You're so original and no one else has talked about that at all.

yungthug

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #126 on: July 11, 2014, 07:33:26 PM »
the problem with PJ ladd is that he cleaned up his trick selection too much so now he won't do crazy tricks like hardflip reverts and make them look good somehow. unless he does a bunch of 540 flip combos his part is going to be a huge bummer.
Dude, listen to yourself right now.

McGooch

« Reply #127 on: July 11, 2014, 08:14:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

i dont want to watch a tranny skating pat duffy part. he's shitting on his own legacy.
[close]

maybe he is enjoying himself and skating whatever he can at 40+
[close]

Who wants to see a Pat Duffy enjoying himself part in a video who's legacy is supposed to be the techest, gnarliest, biggest, etc. He's known for his insane handrail balance, i know i don't give a shit about seeing him ride a bowl since he's old now. I can't stand him anymore since i read his wacko conspiracy tweets but a small shared part with straight handrail bangers wouldn't bother me.
[close]

uh... me? dude is no spring chicken and also broke the fuck out of his leg a while back. it's amazing that he can still even roll...
pat did the handrail thing to death before few (if any) even got started on it, he hardly has anything to prove here.
as for his tweets, well that has absolutely fuck all to do with his skating. maybe just don't read them? i can't stand christianity but that doesn't mean i can't still can't enjoy some hosoi/ cab/ mountain etc.

I didn't read them on purpose, they got posted on slap naturally. I just don't think it's cool that he has thousands of followers from skate fame, and posts things like "open your eyes... climate change is fake... conspiracy theory bla bla bla." You don't need to post shit on social media to spread the word about your beliefs. Keep that shit to yourself.

Whoever mentioned he should just release an online part was spot on.

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #128 on: July 11, 2014, 08:40:12 PM »
Expand Quote
the problem with PJ ladd is that he cleaned up his trick selection too much so now he won't do crazy tricks like hardflip reverts and make them look good somehow. unless he does a bunch of 540 flip combos his part is going to be a huge bummer.
[close]
Dude, listen to yourself right now.

dude, its a *PLAN B* video. they're all about that type of shit. there is no tasteful restriction. its excess in every sense of the word. have you watched a plan b video before?

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #129 on: July 11, 2014, 08:56:21 PM »
Expand Quote
this video looks like it's going to be terrible. nothing looks like they're taking tech to the next level, just a bunch of above average tech stuff that doesn't really change the game and will probably disappoint actual plan b fans. it's a good thing they changed the name of the video from unquestionable to B True, they don't have the team to make a questionable followup.

colin mckay and danny way will probably have the only good parts in the whole thing.

like someone else said, dudes like clint walker and jaws have pretty much made it impossible for sheckler to put out a part that'll blow your mind. if it's not giant hammers for 3 minutes straight he should just kick himself off plan b and get on darkstar.

i dont want to watch a tranny skating pat duffy part. he's shitting on his own legacy.

i just don't see the point in putting this video out now, without p.rod the whole thing seems super underwhelming. no one seems like they have any game changing tricks. ? fucking felipe gustavo and scott descenzo are your ams? what's scott gonna do? a switch flip down a gap? havnt see that before.
[close]

dude, do you enjoy anything?

Farts

Dummbert

• Rep: 6
« Reply #130 on: July 12, 2014, 02:02:23 AM »
Damn SLAP really needs to quit the hating. This video is going to blow everyone away, just wait..

Expand Quote

Sheckler: does the same tricks he's been doing since he was 12 but over a gap a few feet longer, or a stair set a few stairs taller  Absolutely going to destroy huge gaps and finally some proper switch stuff from sheckler.
PJ Ladd: doesn't live up to the hype he got when it was 2003-2006 but will still make you wtf the whole time
Torey Pudwill: disgusting insane ledge combos while batting away flys with his arms with style (I said it, bring the hate), pops basic every trick 6" higher than the average pro
Pat Duffy: could be tolerable
Colin Mckay: vert is is boring as fuck now thanks to grant/raven/ronnie sandolval/greyson/that whole crew some insane flip in flip out shit on vert that only Colin can do
Danny Way: may as well be watching a snowboard video, but still some jaw dropping stuff that Bob won't be able to ever do
Felipe Gustavo: budget rodrigo TX face melting flip in flip outs that you didn't think were possible. I'm predicting nollie flip bs noseblunt handrail or tre flip nosegrind nollie flip a picknick table in a line as the ender
Trevor Mcclung: who? Will either have a really disappointing or a 'wasn't expecting that' part.
Scott Decenzo: rather see your brother skate Same thing as Trevor

[close]

I never understood the Torey hate. I like his style a lot actually, even though he flings his arms around a lot.

pudwill may have pop, and his arms are original, but considering the "something into a loooong bs lipslide on a ledge to probably backtail something out of" he will do al lot in his part... no, thanks.

i laughed at that danny way thing, he does all this snowboard-like stuff, but i don't think he will come near vov's madness trick-wise.

felipe's  still pretty predictable trick selection (and, if not basic but switch, distasteful and switch) and his bland robotic style will not impress.

and cold pizza, i'm with you there, but how dare you the comparison with tx? besides they're both brazilian and tx is one of felipe's role models, they have nothing in common.

ShpotaSb

• Rep: -28
« Reply #131 on: July 12, 2014, 02:15:07 AM »
Too bad Prod is not in it, would love to see another part from him, Me Myself and I was pretty damn awesome, full of NBD. Oh well, this is still the most anticapated skate video for me. Everyone except Decenzo, I wanted to see a part for so damn long. Ryan should had been on the team, not Scott, imo. Also this Joslin kid is insane, he is like on Sheckler level when it comes to gaps, except no one knows about him yet.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 02:17:22 AM by ShpotaSb »

Heisenburg

• Rep: -7
  • I am the one who knocks!
« Reply #132 on: July 12, 2014, 05:59:08 AM »
It just doesn't seem right without Paul...He will probably just use his footage for his own shit anyways...A PJ part will be dope though...He needs to grow his hair back out and just murder everything like in WHL...There also is no way Sheckler did any kind of 360 down El Toro...That is just death in itself...If he did that would be fucking mindblowing...He probably either backside flipped it, hard flipped, or 360 flipped it...

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 402
« Reply #133 on: July 12, 2014, 08:06:13 AM »
Too bad Prod is not in it, would love to see another part from him, Me Myself and I was pretty damn awesome, full of NBD. Oh well, this is still the most anticapated skate video for me. Everyone except Decenzo, I wanted to see a part for so damn long. Ryan should had been on the team, not Scott, imo. Also this Joslin kid is insane, he is like on Sheckler level when it comes to gaps, except no one knows about him yet.

It just doesn't seem right without Paul...He will probably just use his footage for his own shit anyways...A PJ part will be dope though...He needs to grow his hair back out and just murder everything like in WHL...There also is no way Sheckler did any kind of 360 down El Toro...That is just death in itself...If he did that would be fucking mindblowing...He probably either backside flipped it, hard flipped, or 360 flipped it...

You two are both crazy.  Who gives a shit about another P-rod part where he does the same couple tricks, switch tre, switch crook, nollie front foot late flip etc. No doubt about Paul's talents but he's gotten pretty boring to watch over the last few years.  You two must be pretty stoked for that Sheckler part too huh?

I wish Darrell was still on the team.
ill murray, can you remind me why you think im a kook

Heisenburg

• Rep: -7
  • I am the one who knocks!
« Reply #134 on: July 12, 2014, 09:51:32 AM »
I mean yeah you are right he does the same tricks and is boring as fuck to watch...I just meant it like Plan B was kinda like an All Star team and he just kinda fits in there...I could give two fucks about a Ryan Sheckler part but anything new down El Toro is interesting...I'm more of a Bobby Worrest fan myself...

ShpotaSb

• Rep: -28
« Reply #135 on: July 12, 2014, 12:43:35 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

You two are both crazy.  Who gives a shit about another P-rod part where he does the same couple tricks, switch tre, switch crook, nollie front foot late flip etc. No doubt about Paul's talents but he's gotten pretty boring to watch over the last few years.  You two must be pretty stoked for that Sheckler part too huh?

Thats total bullshit, every Prod part has something new, in fact he is one of the very few pro skaters who even bothers with progression. You telling me you have seen the tricks Prod done in his last Plan B part before that ??? Where ?  Half of that part is full of NBD, he made the whole nollie late flips out of a grind popular, almost nobody was doing that before 2010. Then you sudenly see Cerezini, Sewa and Tucker do them a year later. I never seen him do a nollie full cab flip before that part, and he does one to backtail in that, and recently he did down a gap, or how about that nollie hardflip crooked, and now he did one recently in Mtn Dew United, nollie hard to nosegrind, this time down hubba. He did switch flip bs tail bigheel out for Mtn Dew comercial for christ sakes! Lastly, the whole primitive promo video, who has ever done a fs blunt to varial heel out, or a sw bs flip to fs crooked ? Sw flip to bs tail switch heel out in a line !! Dude is constantly progressing. He only does the whole switch tre, switch crooked in contest.

So yea I do want to see another part from him.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 03:06:16 PM by ShpotaSb »

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 910
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #136 on: July 12, 2014, 01:15:23 PM »
P rod has never put out a part that didn't impress me. I don't think he can ever top his forecast or in bloom part which are some of my favorite parts of all time, but I always look forward to what he's doing.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 246
« Reply #137 on: July 12, 2014, 01:26:10 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

You two are both crazy.  Who gives a shit about another P-rod part where he does the same couple tricks, switch tre, switch crook, nollie front foot late flip etc. No doubt about Paul's talents but he's gotten pretty boring to watch over the last few years.  You two must be pretty stoked for that Sheckler part too huh?

On that note, I wish Wenning stopped eating cheeseburgers and actually made an effort on Plan B, guy purely cashed out after he left Habitat. His run from Photosynthesis to DC video to Mosaic was impressive. Had such a crazy switch/nollie/fakie ledge game. The original 2nd incarnation of Plan B was Way, McKay, Duffy, P-rod, PJ and Gallant right? Pretty crazy how all the guys outside of PJ are on the verge of retirement or already have left

carbonite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 490
    • frozen in carbonite avatar image
« Reply #138 on: July 12, 2014, 03:05:32 PM »
I am looking forward to this, if only for an actual PJ Ladd board company video part, filmed at some marble plazas

Style Police

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 801
« Reply #139 on: July 12, 2014, 06:33:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Who wants to see a Pat Duffy enjoying himself part in a video who's legacy is supposed to be the techest, gnarliest, biggest, etc. He's known for his insane handrail balance, i know i don't give a shit about seeing him ride a bowl since he's old now. I can't stand him anymore since i read his wacko conspiracy tweets but a small shared part with straight handrail bangers wouldn't bother me.

What's with Duffy hate? The guy hasn't been skating gnarly rails since the 90's.

LOU.502

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 82
  • rawr
« Reply #140 on: July 12, 2014, 08:21:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

What's with Duffy hate? The guy hasn't been skating gnarly rails since the 90's.
He was jumping down shit well into the 2000s

im probably lying

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 736
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #141 on: July 12, 2014, 08:29:33 PM »
I want to see Duffy's crazy tweets.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

ungzilla

« Reply #142 on: July 12, 2014, 08:58:47 PM »
chemtrails, global warming is a lie, etc.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 175
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #143 on: July 13, 2014, 12:35:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

uh... me? dude is no spring chicken and also broke the fuck out of his leg a while back. it's amazing that he can still even roll...
pat did the handrail thing to death before few (if any) even got started on it, he hardly has anything to prove here.
as for his tweets, well that has absolutely fuck all to do with his skating. maybe just don't read them? i can't stand christianity but that doesn't mean i can't still can't enjoy some hosoi/ cab/ mountain etc.
[close]

I didn't read them on purpose, they got posted on slap naturally. I just don't think it's cool that he has thousands of followers from skate fame, and posts things like "open your eyes... climate change is fake... conspiracy theory bla bla bla." You don't need to post shit on social media to spread the word about your beliefs. Keep that shit to yourself.

Whoever mentioned he should just release an online part was spot on.

omg :o a pro skater believes in something you don't!
maybe i don't subscribe to his theories (i have never even read them ttytt. edit: just took a peak, not too bad actually, i'm with him on the anti-GMO stuff) but even if he was posting that type of stuff it's still got be more thought-provoking than anything most pros are posting (jereme or the self appointed "switch god" come to mind). i don't see how his tweets hurt you, nor do i see how they change his 20+ years of hammers.

tl;dr: i might not agree with everything pat does/ says (hell, his music choice for this part is horrible) BUT you cannot deny his legend status

« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 12:36:50 AM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

4LOM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 162
« Reply #144 on: July 13, 2014, 04:38:06 AM »

maybe i don't subscribe to his theories (i have never even read them ttytt. edit: just took a peak, not too bad actually, i'm with him on the anti-GMO stuff) but even if he was posting that type of stuff it's still got be more thought-provoking than anything most pros are posting (jereme or the self appointed "switch god" come to mind). i don't see how his tweets hurt you, nor do i see how they change his 20+ years of hammers.

Being a conspiracy theorists shows poor critical thinking skills. For example, deny reliable authority - like scientific conclusions - in favor of oversimplified, ungrounded explanations of unreliable authorities. He's not thought-provoking but thought-sedating, since he believes dumb things for dumb reasons.

And I am harmed by his thoughts and critical thinking skills. I  live in a world where gullible, irrational people have an influence on politics. Politics affects me. So Duffy's silly beliefs and poor thinking affects me.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 04:39:52 AM by 4LOM »

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #145 on: July 13, 2014, 05:14:17 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Being a conspiracy theorists shows poor critical thinking skills. For example, deny reliable authority - like scientific conclusions - in favor of oversimplified, ungrounded explanations of unreliable authorities. He's not thought-provoking but thought-sedating, since he believes dumb things for dumb reasons.

And I am harmed by his thoughts and critical thinking skills. I  live in a world where gullible, irrational people have an influence on politics. Politics affects me. So Duffy's silly beliefs and poor thinking affects me.
Have you seen some of the slams Duffy has taken over the years at the expense of innovation. As dumb as his beliefs are (such as being anti-vacination, which actually is a dangerous belief if a certain % of the population believe) I don't care what this guy thinks or believes. Some of our favorite skaters are prolly gonna talk like punch drunk boxers later in life, for every Ocean Howell there are 20 or 30 Pat Duffy's or Nick Trapasso's.

4LOM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 162
« Reply #146 on: July 13, 2014, 05:31:56 AM »
I don't care what this guy thinks or believes.

You should. If his beliefs influence his public behavior, and public behavior affects all members of the public, then his thoughts affect you. Since you're a member of the public.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #147 on: July 13, 2014, 05:43:44 AM »
Expand Quote
I don't care what this guy thinks or believes.
[close]

You should. If his beliefs influence his public behavior, and public behavior affects all members of the public, then his thoughts affect you. Since you're a member of the public.
I actually acknowledged his beliefs are actually dangerous if widely held and he's prolly a dumb ass. All i'm saying is there a lot of idiots out there, to get worked up over Duffy is pointless. Recognize he's a great skater whose views are probably read by guys in there 20 or 30's. This isn't like a guy who is influential to impressionable young kids like Nyjah or P-rod sprouting off these regular beliefs.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 175
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #148 on: July 13, 2014, 05:45:31 AM »
pat's a terminator guys, i don't think you really get it!

pros have had questionable (pun intended) views since forever (jason jesse springs to mind. what about shortys' steve olson or danny way?)
legend status is legend status though. i hardly thinking duffy is converting anyone with his tweets but whatevs... the original debate was whether he deserved a part or not, and whether he has to rail chomp in order for us to be entertained.

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Wayne Regretzky

« Reply #149 on: July 13, 2014, 07:23:49 AM »
No one on Plan B past, present, or future will ever have a part like Pat Duffy in "Questionable". He had the opener in the video and he shut it down. The rest of the video was just a bonus(Okay, I may be exaggerating a little). There were other videos released during that era that you guys should watch so that you may have a better perspective on how fucking gnarly Pat Duffy is.

My perception is that Pat Duffy skates what he wants and how he wants not what you think he should skate or how he should skate. Skateboarding today is just a bunch of circus acts. That's one of the problems with skating today and that's why it's so generic and boring.

The opinions/views of skateboarding on SLAP is very disturbing at times.

I think if skaters loosened their trucks and skated faster their true style would form and the skating would become more natural, fluid, and more enjoyable to watch but they don't and that's cool with me. I'm still able to appreciate their skating.