Author Topic: Street League Championship  (Read 9073 times)

Big Skatefase

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 562
Re: Street League Championship
« Reply #120 on: August 27, 2014, 12:32:04 AM »
do people that don't skate really watch this shit? why do they have to keep explaining what switch skating is?  ??? i understand explaining skateboarding the first year but street league been goin on since 2010.

needlejuice

• Rep: -101
« Reply #121 on: August 27, 2014, 12:44:16 AM »
do people that don't skate really watch this shit? why do they have to keep explaining what switch skating is?  ??? i understand explaining skateboarding the first year but street league been goin on since 2010.

i agree. the even dumber thing is the way felix explains skating switch. he mentioned it like "switch hitting in baseball" my dad was watching it and was like what the hell is switch hittin in baseball?? why not just say its like relearning to write with your opposite hand. felix is so incompetent its cringeworthy, id mute if it wernt for rowley
try to remember, forget

ChrisSennsGirlfriend

• Rep: 128
« Reply #122 on: August 27, 2014, 02:41:55 AM »
Expand Quote
do people that don't skate really watch this shit? why do they have to keep explaining what switch skating is?  ??? i understand explaining skateboarding the first year but street league been goin on since 2010.
[close]

i agree. the even dumber thing is the way felix explains skating switch. he mentioned it like "switch hitting in baseball" my dad was watching it and was like what the hell is switch hittin in baseball?? why not just say its like relearning to write with your opposite hand. felix is so incompetent its cringeworthy, id mute if it wernt for rowley

takeaway point: your father is even stupider than felix

alternate takeaway point: you watch street league with your dad
Mike Anderson is a small town labor union hottie

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 524
« Reply #123 on: August 27, 2014, 03:09:46 AM »

As wack as I think streetleague is, I can still see the reasons that Felix and others would explain what switch etc is and yes, people who don't skate watch this ass. It's for a mainstrean audience. I don't know shit about Golf, Basketball, Baseball or Darts but if it's on T.V, I would expect to be given a slight tutorial by the commentators. This shit, for better or for worse is not made for "core ((Bleerrruugg)) skaters". Skateboarding will live long after this baloney.
Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65504
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #124 on: August 27, 2014, 05:08:27 AM »
Having watched a street league, I can see how this could fit into the Olympics.

It seems a bit like gymnastics, where they have to make their flawless routines and use different equipment.

The show and the presentation of it is pretty terrible. Just dumb American jock sports TV.

Even Rowley's commentary was awful.

"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #125 on: August 27, 2014, 05:28:36 AM »
^^The plan is to turnStreet League into an Olympic qualifier event.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Violator

• Rep: 73
« Reply #126 on: August 27, 2014, 05:42:40 AM »

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #127 on: August 27, 2014, 06:10:43 AM »
Expand Quote
do people that don't skate really watch this shit? why do they have to keep explaining what switch skating is?  ??? i understand explaining skateboarding the first year but street league been goin on since 2010.
[close]

Felix also explained switch by saying "he's riding regular right now which is left foot forward and since he is goofy right foot forward this is switch"

that even confused me for a second nevermind someone that doesn't skate

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65504
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #128 on: August 27, 2014, 06:31:49 AM »
^^The plan is to turnStreet League into an Olympic qualifier event.

Seems the way things are heading. Good luck with the drug testing on that one.
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

needlejuice

« Reply #129 on: August 27, 2014, 08:03:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

sorry your daddy beats you and doesnt give a shit about your interests. how the fuck do you back felix explaining something that isnt even true. noody switch hits in baseball. if someone said take away point to me in real life id punch them in the fucking throat

i agree its important to explain switch skating but saying its like switch hitting in baseball is the worst way to explain switch skating ever, if you cant realize there are a million other way to competently explain it. eg playing the guitar lefthanded if you were right handed, writing with your oppopsite hand...instead he mentions switch hitting in baseball at least 5-10 times a contest, which nobody has ever done in baseball. you must be a vacuously angry internet tough guy for making fun of me for watching street league with my dad. i watch sports with him all the time, like most kids under 30 who has a dad that gives a shit about them

"alternate takeaway point..hahahah jesus christ dude kill yourself
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 08:11:09 AM by needlejuice »
try to remember, forget

guest1234

• Rep: 3
« Reply #130 on: August 27, 2014, 08:20:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

sorry your daddy beats you and doesnt give a shit about your interests. how the fuck do you back felix explaining something that isnt even true. noody switch hits in baseball. if someone said take away point to me in real life id punch them in the fucking throat

i agree its important to explain switch skating but saying its like switch hitting in baseball is the worst way to explain switch skating ever, if you cant realize there are a million other way to competently explain it. eg playing the guitar lefthanded if you were right handed, writing with your oppopsite hand...instead he mentions switch hitting in baseball at least 5-10 times a contest, which nobody has ever done in baseball. you must be a vacuously angry internet tough guy for making fun of me for watching street league with my dad. i watch sports with him all the time, like most kids under 30 who has a dad that gives a shit about them

What the hell are you even talking about.  There are loads of guys who have been switch hitters in baseball.  Maybe the concept is just way over your head or you are trying to be sarcastic.  If so you are failing miserably.

needlejuice

« Reply #131 on: August 28, 2014, 04:43:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

What the hell are you even talking about.  There are loads of guys who have been switch hitters in baseball.  Maybe the concept is just way over your head or you are trying to be sarcastic.  If so you are failing miserably.

sorry, i dont watch much baseball these days and wasnt aware batters intentionally hit using their non dominant hand, and shouldnt have made that claim, thats actually really surprising to me cause i played throughout high shcool

let me tell you how you failed miserably. why would u assume i was being sarcastic, and who in the hell couldnt understand that concept?? you should have replied "you must not watch a lot of baseball because they do hit switch" but instead took the d-bag know-it all route, when anyone else could see that i just dont watch much baseball. "what the hell am i talking about??" haha i explained that, and i admit i didnt know that, i think its dumber for you to assume i was being sarcastic or couldnt understand the concept  and it "being over my head" lol. rather than assuming this dude must just not be familiar with baseball players doing this. still a poor way to repeatedly explain switch skating...fuck me right?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 04:53:45 AM by needlejuice »
try to remember, forget