Author Topic: Wheels Thread  (Read 454658 times)

rawbertson.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1233
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Wheels Thread
« Reply #4230 on: October 05, 2021, 10:50:45 AM »

just got the Natas OJ 58mm 95a wheels

i mostly skate in a parking lot with bad ground + hitting a curb. it feels amazing the speed you get on these and it costs you no energy. you cant powerslide as good as STF but i dont really care about that anymore. i have another setup if i want to do that. they grip the floor a bit better if you want to make a really tight turn on a manual or some shit it is a lot better thna having STF in situations like that. not sure if they will flat spot easily tohugh will have to see. i mean they arent THAT soft hopefully they dont get chewed on a hill bomb powerslide but will try to avoid that til after the wnter at least lol
ONTARIO CANADA

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 133
« Reply #4231 on: October 05, 2021, 02:34:25 PM »
Between 95a 54mm OJs nomads and 99a  54mm F4 conicals (not the fulls) is one a preferred all around street wheel slides ,power slides, and can handle some mild Midwest crust?

I typically skate F4 classics and currently on bones v5

HardyM

• Rep: -2
« Reply #4232 on: October 13, 2021, 05:25:15 AM »
First off spitfire is my #1 choice for skateboard wheels. Iíve had them in the past. This is the first time Iíve bought 48mm wheels and I love them. I have to say these wheels arenít the best for traveling long distances or on bumpy surfaces. These are meant for street skateboarding and park skateboarding. Smaller wheels are also favored by most freestyle skaters because of their light weight. I prefer the smaller wheels because these were very popular in the 90s and early 2000s where tech skating was very popular.

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 170
« Reply #4233 on: October 13, 2021, 06:06:43 AM »
Hardy Boy,
Are you a real human being writing like that?
I keep seeing bots in here writing like they learned how to speak from reading Amazon reviews.

Are you for real?
Iím trying to be every momís favorite skaterí-&&

&& is no stranger to the female species. Hes always got some travel pussy with him in his slambulance. -Hateboard

big_kev_215

• Rep: 35
« Reply #4234 on: October 13, 2021, 06:54:02 AM »
I recently allowed logic back into my life to fight the gear madness and went back to riding 99a F4 Conical Fulls.  Honestly, I think theyíre the best wheel for everything.  The 99a slides and grips well, you get a wide riding surface for crusty spots, you arnt slowed down by a softer wheel formula, and the edges are just rounded enough to ride up into slappys easily.  There are other wheels that look/feel cooler IMO that Iíve skated recently - Loophole v-cuts, big Spitfire OG classics, the 97a F4ís, but the 99a conical fulls just make sense. Currently riding a set of 53 mm cause the shop was out of 54s.

Has anyone also gone through this process only to end up back on good old conical fulls?

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
« Reply #4235 on: October 13, 2021, 07:40:45 AM »
I recently allowed logic back into my life to fight the gear madness and went back to riding 99a F4 Conical Fulls.  Honestly, I think theyíre the best wheel for everything.  The 99a slides and grips well, you get a wide riding surface for crusty spots, you arnt slowed down by a softer wheel formula, and the edges are just rounded enough to ride up into slappys easily.  There are other wheels that look/feel cooler IMO that Iíve skated recently - Loophole v-cuts, big Spitfire OG classics, the 97a F4ís, but the 99a conical fulls just make sense. Currently riding a set of 53 mm cause the shop was out of 54s.

Has anyone also gone through this process only to end up back on good old conical fulls?

Yeah, Iíve got a stash of wheels, none of which I bought at retail, that I keep fucking with. Every time I stray too far from Spitfire F4 conical full 97a wheels, I instantly regret my mistake. Actually skated some OJs yesterday and they were noticeably slower despite being harder (I know that hardness does not necessarily equal speed).

Actually took all my other sets of wheels out yesterday and Iím going to post them for sale or trade in the classifieds. If anyone has some 97as they donít enjoy, hmu.

RottenToTheCore

• Rep: 30
« Reply #4236 on: October 13, 2021, 08:43:41 AM »
This has probably been mentioned before but itís cool how black wheels are kind of becoming popular, at least from what I see on Instagram among younger skaters

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
    • Instagram
« Reply #4237 on: October 13, 2021, 11:20:10 AM »

Yup

Ol Nick

• Rep: 25
« Reply #4238 on: October 13, 2021, 04:12:17 PM »

On yíallís recommendation I set up some Rough Riders 59mm on a freshly-cleaned set of Quantum Isotopes and this thing flys now. I had the mini logos wheels for so long, I have no idea what they felt like new but they were always my favorite cause of their quick acceleration, lighter weight, and overall feel. The Rough Riders are lighter and quicker, are incredibly smooth, but donít feel quite as bouncy as the mini logos or Super Juices, etc.
They grip really well too. Last night I was coming way too fast off the street into a bankís driveway with a backpack loaded with groceries (and Iím a bigger dude). I was too weighted over the back truck and wasnít turning hard enough but millimeters before essentially powersliding to Superman over/into a curb and shrubbery, I just hail-Mary carved as hard as I could, way harder than Iíd be comfortable doing for fun, and the back two wheels just held the swerve to save my ass.
Anyway, these are gonna be fun to break in, Iíll update as far as their fragility once Iím ready to really abuse them. Thanks again to everyone for the suggestions.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 667
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #4239 on: October 13, 2021, 06:46:26 PM »
I've been really liking Autobahn Street Slims for the 2 setups I've ridden them on, ridden then in 54 and now 51 which I feel is the sweet spot for them (51-52). Not as grippy or flatspot resistant as F4, but they slide fast with a shape that makes for good technical skating. F4 just look chunky by comparison. Excel at smooth parks, rough asphalt is no bueno. A good choice if you got some gear madness that need to be scratched.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -899
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #4240 on: October 13, 2021, 09:15:39 PM »

good for you, loophole 56 v-cut are my go to at the moment, but I just got some 97 conical fulls so let's see how they go

"This is untrue, my client has not been attacked in every country" #endlesstoecapsforthepuffyfooter

pops

• Rep: 8
« Reply #4241 on: October 13, 2021, 10:08:40 PM »
Any recommendations on Santa Cruz Slimeballs? Looking for an alternative to my conical fulls. I like wheel sizes 53-55mm, mostly use 99a.

HardyM

• Rep: -2
« Reply #4242 on: October 13, 2021, 10:15:00 PM »
Hardy Boy,
Are you a real human being writing like that?
I keep seeing bots in here writing like they learned how to speak from reading Amazon reviews.

Are you for real?
Of course. I am ;)