Author Topic: Wheels Thread  (Read 474843 times)

HumBoogie (+ 1 Hidden) and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

superleftswipebby

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 5
Re: Wheels Thread
« Reply #4410 on: November 24, 2021, 07:59:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
zach allen just posted a photo of kaderís 57mm radial fulls. hopefully thatíll hit the market soon. that shape is dope
[close]
So hyped on these. thank you Kader for helping the youth see the light of big wheels.

pic of the post for reference:

[close]

Speaking of Kader, heís got a sick little promo going for those wheels. Not too many skaters with signature weed products? Or are there?

holy shit them 60s look wide af

Tony

• Rep: 36
  • Get bent
« Reply #4411 on: November 25, 2021, 07:58:19 PM »
Expand Quote
What are these Loophole wheels offering that one couldnít get from Spitfire or Bones? Are they really something other than another wheels from Creative Urethane?
[close]
Yeah, they're a different thing. First off, the V shape is what the og classic should have been. It's a bulldozer in the best way--plows over anything, and fast. In my experience, the urethane almost feels like a hybrid of the 99 and 101 spit fires. It has the easy, almost icy, slide of the 101, but it handles the crust and grips the ground like a 99.

Second this
You want some queso?Ē
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

tom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 355
  • the moon rules
« Reply #4412 on: November 25, 2021, 11:25:44 PM »

OJ From Concentrate Hardlines
Pros: they were on sale for $15
Cons: they definitely skate like a $15 wheel

Some lucky/unlucky kid is going to get a new set of wheels for free tomorrow. Right out of the package they felt oddly soft, but still hard, somehow. They didnít seem to want to roll and felt like I was riding across sticky ground at each of the three spots I skated. They didnít seem to grip that well when I powerslid. They seem to be a low rebound wheel. After 23 years of skating I learned the importance, and the meaning of, ďreboundĒ. I hadnít skated a non-premium wheel since the Spitfire F1 came out over a decade ago. Lesson learned that I shouldíve checked this thread before trying something new out
fuck you bama

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 244
  • Just another skate shop guy
« Reply #4413 on: November 26, 2021, 03:35:24 AM »

Some lucky/unlucky kid is going to get a new set of wheels for free tomorrow. Right out of the package they felt oddly soft, but still hard, somehow. They didnít seem to want to roll and felt like I was riding across sticky ground at each of the three spots I skated. They didnít seem to grip that well when I powerslid. They seem to be a low rebound wheel. After 23 years of skating I learned the importance, and the meaning of, ďreboundĒ. I hadnít skated a non-premium wheel since the Spitfire F1 came out over a decade ago. Lesson learned that I shouldíve checked this thread before trying something new out

Damn that is a pain.

Were all three places on similar ground surface, bitumen, concrete, other?

I know when someone asks about a cheaper wheel, I often try to steer them away from the cheapies like this, but they still have a place in the market for juniors or beginners, with even some others I know who like them, but as you said, the board I had a roll on with them just felt weird, more than anything, but most wheels that are not Spitfire F4 seem to feel like that, a hard wheel that is not so fast but that also doesn't slide and grips a lot.

Perfect for kids though.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

sketchyrider

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 64
« Reply #4414 on: November 26, 2021, 07:43:47 AM »
price point wheels are always a downer. they are fine for an extra dork around setup or for a beginner.

tom

• SLAP Pal
  • the moon rules
« Reply #4415 on: November 26, 2021, 10:51:03 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Damn that is a pain.

I know when someone asks about a cheaper wheel, I often try to steer them away from the cheapies like this, but they still have a place in the market for juniors or beginners, with even some others I know who like them, but as you said, the board I had a roll on with them just felt weird, more than anything, but most wheels that are not Spitfire F4 seem to feel like that, a hard wheel that is not so fast but that also doesn't slide and grips a lot.

Perfect for kids though.
asphalt parking lot, sealcoated asphalt, and concrete street. Iím not going to waste my time and pretend to like them. Iíll just leave them at the skatepark
fuck you bama

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 391
« Reply #4416 on: November 26, 2021, 12:38:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Damn that is a pain.

Perfect for kids though.
[close]
asphalt parking lot, sealcoated asphalt, and concrete street. Iím not going to waste my time and pretend to like them. Iíll just leave them at the skatepark

Notice when you drop your board down there is no bounce up to your feet. Thud.

The OJ wheels I had were almost dry feeling.

They felt harder than 99a but slower than 99a.

After a few sessions you feel almost every imperfection in the wheel.

OJ regular formulas are the closest wheel you can get to clay wheels.

I am sure their Nomads are better but I canít buy any wheels from NHS when they produce such terrible wheels knowing they suck.

tom

• SLAP Pal
  • the moon rules
« Reply #4417 on: November 26, 2021, 05:56:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Damn that is a pain.

Perfect for kids though.
[close]
[close]

I am sure their Nomads are better but I canít buy any wheels from NHS when they produce such terrible wheels knowing they suck.
The Elite formula is pretty good. The Juice line and keyframes are all good for cruiser wheels. I usually stay far away from NHS in general, but OJís marketing got to me. Iím tempted to give NFGís a try just to try something different
fuck you bama

Ok

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 203
« Reply #4418 on: November 26, 2021, 06:40:21 PM »
Nfg, loophole, formula 4Ösimilar?

iw0

• Rep: 23
« Reply #4419 on: November 26, 2021, 07:15:16 PM »
Nfg, loophole, formula 4 similar?

loophole & nfg are the same, but this really sums up the comparison to f4

Expand Quote
What are these Loophole wheels offering that one couldnít get from Spitfire or Bones? Are they really something other than another wheels from Creative Urethane?
[close]
Yeah, they're a different thing. First off, the V shape is what the og classic should have been. It's a bulldozer in the best way--plows over anything, and fast. In my experience, the urethane almost feels like a hybrid of the 99 and 101 spit fires. It has the easy, almost icy, slide of the 101, but it handles the crust and grips the ground like a 99.

that being said, i really enjoy them, but if you're looking for more grip try their 95a which i also endorse

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4420 on: November 26, 2021, 07:47:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Nfg, loophole, formula 4 similar?
[close]

loophole & nfg are the same, but this really sums up the comparison to f4

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

that being said, i really enjoy them, but if you're looking for more grip try their 95a which i also endorse

Thank you

Iím looking for wheels that unlock absolutely shit roads, but still feel like skateboard wheels.

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #4421 on: November 27, 2021, 05:35:26 AM »
So Loophole also makes at least some of the Road Crew/Scram wheels, I have learned. Could be a cheaper option, especially with all the sales and those wheels being sold through major companies.

As for a wheel that will make the shittiest roads skateable, I am once again telling you to get 97a Spitfires. This wheel really solved the issue for me of the crusty northwest parking lot which will rattle your teeth loose.

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -12
« Reply #4422 on: November 27, 2021, 06:06:30 AM »
So Loophole also makes at least some of the Road Crew/Scram wheels, I have learned. Could be a cheaper option, especially with all the sales and those wheels being sold through major companies.

As for a wheel that will make the shittiest roads skateable, I am once again telling you to get 97a Spitfires. This wheel really solved the issue for me of the crusty northwest parking lot which will rattle your teeth loose.

You can find the big 58mm 97a conical full at skateshops right now and probably on sale somewhere, those are sure to beat the crust. They make a 54mm conical full as well. Check the sale thread!
Quote from: veritas
Nakel took his pokemon fetish to the next level by evolving into a piece of united states currency.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4423 on: November 27, 2021, 06:13:29 AM »

Same area of the world. Yes the ground is not ideal.
97a classics are in the rotation.
I have what I can only describe as an irrational urge, to buy og classics in the original formula.
F4s are just so good. They all last forever, but end up looking like baked potatoes

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4424 on: November 27, 2021, 07:26:56 AM »

I seem to recall reading about some unhappiness a while back regarding Road Crew getting a whole lot of wheels from NFG (makers of Loophole) and then not paying them or something, so they are definitely not getting any more NFG wheels any time soon.

The most recent Road Crew wheels were said to be from Creative Urethane (same as many other mid range brands - decent wheels, but definitely not NFG / Spitfire F4 / Bones type of things) but again that is only from reading things on here and hearing what others have been saying, along with looking at some detailed pics of the wheels, earlier NFG for sure, but more recently definitely not, those ones looking much more white and of the same consistency as others who use Creative for their wheels.

In saying that, Road Crew have made a few really interesting shapes and sizes, some much like the Slimeballs / Mini Cubics as well as all the more common shapes and sizes.

Worth looking up anyway.

bombsaway86

• Rep: 16
« Reply #4425 on: November 27, 2021, 11:57:58 AM »

Black Market has the 60mm V cut Road Crew wheels for $10 a set right now. Saw them the other day and thought they looked like NFG/Loophole wheels

https://www.blackmarketskates.com/road-crew-wheels-60mm.html

dr.prestige

• Rep: 24
  • Burnt to a crisp
« Reply #4426 on: November 27, 2021, 12:18:14 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I seem to recall reading about some unhappiness a while back regarding Road Crew getting a whole lot of wheels from NFG (makers of Loophole) and then not paying them or something, so they are definitely not getting any more NFG wheels any time soon.

The most recent Road Crew wheels were said to be from Creative Urethane (same as many other mid range brands - decent wheels, but definitely not NFG / Spitfire F4 / Bones type of things) but again that is only from reading things on here and hearing what others have been saying, along with looking at some detailed pics of the wheels, earlier NFG for sure, but more recently definitely not, those ones looking much more white and of the same consistency as others who use Creative for their wheels.

In saying that, Road Crew have made a few really interesting shapes and sizes, some much like the Slimeballs / Mini Cubics as well as all the more common shapes and sizes.

Worth looking up anyway.

This is correct. Around the time NFG was starting up, Road Crew ordered a bunch of wheels from them. You guys may remember that the early NFGs had issues with keeping the color consistent, as well as they were dealing with excessive bubbles, which theyíve gotten a lot better at over time. Anyways, the Road Crew guys were not happy with how the wheels they ordered looked, so they basically demanded in an aggressive, in-your-face, bullying manner to The Wizardís business partner who was at their shop at the time that they take them and not pay for them. The Wizard told them to fuck off over the phone, but after he hung up The Wizardís business partner, who was apparently fearing for his safety, caved and let them walk off with the wheels at a pretty unreasonable discount behind The Wizardís back. I canít remember the numbers but it wasnít nearly enough for NFG to turn a profit on them. From what Iíve heard since then those Road Crew NFGs eventually became Scram wheels as well.

Please stay forever Lhotse I love you.
Dude even posted a fit without anybody asking

minilogoflow

« Reply #4427 on: November 27, 2021, 02:24:21 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Black Market has the 60mm V cut Road Crew wheels for $10 a set right now. Saw them the other day and thought they looked like NFG/Loophole wheels

Thanks for posting that link, used their black friday code on their banner and got those for $8.50/$17 shipped. I have the 60mm V Cut in the 95a and love them, been curious about the standard NFG/Loophole formula and this deal was too good to pass up.

MichaelJacksonsGhost

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rep: 28
« Reply #4428 on: November 27, 2021, 02:27:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Thanks for posting that link, used their black friday code on their banner and got those for $8.50/$17 shipped. I have the 60mm V Cut in the 95a and love them, been curious about the standard NFG/Loophole formula and this deal was too good to pass up.

I ordered two sets, but got a call about ten minutes later they only have one left in stock. Woman on the phone said theyíd refund the set they didnít have, and said sheíd throw in a free T-shirt too. Very good customer service. Would highly recommend black market skates. Theyíve got some good stuff on sale right now.

mbam003

• Rep: 11
« Reply #4429 on: November 27, 2021, 02:30:06 PM »
Are Wayward wheels Creative urethane?

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4430 on: November 27, 2021, 02:57:22 PM »
Damn I was too slow! Thanks for the post/idea tho!

minilogoflow

« Reply #4431 on: November 27, 2021, 06:05:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

I ordered two sets, but got a call about ten minutes later they only have one left in stock. Woman on the phone said theyíd refund the set they didnít have, and said sheíd throw in a free T-shirt too. Very good customer service. Would highly recommend black market skates. Theyíve got some good stuff on sale right now.

Got the same call about an hour after I ordered and got a refund. A little bummed but the customer service was good. Let us know how the Road Crew wheels work out.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #4432 on: November 27, 2021, 06:18:15 PM »
Just bought a set of the Slimeball Vomit minis, 53 mm / 97A.

I had a pair of 97A conical Spits earlier this year and liked them, so I'm hyped to try out something different. Just wanted to try out different urethane and have white wheels again.

It'll be indoor skating until the end of March, so I'm curious to see how these hold up indoors. Also gluttonously bought some 95A mini-logo wheels to compare.  When I skate both sets, I'll update the thread.

con_hielo

• Rep: 8
« Reply #4433 on: November 27, 2021, 09:25:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
zach allen just posted a photo of kaderís 57mm radial fulls. hopefully thatíll hit the market soon. that shape is dope
[close]
So hyped on these. thank you Kader for helping the youth see the light of big wheels.

pic of the post for reference:

[close]

Speaking of Kader, heís got a sick little promo going for those wheels. Not too many skaters with signature weed products? Or are there?

[close]

holy shit them 60s look wide af

Can't wait omg, maybe the closest of a conical full 60mm we'll have! (^0^)/

sk8n hugon

• Rep: 2
« Reply #4434 on: November 27, 2021, 09:31:48 PM »
The OJ/Santa Cruz 97a feel like a hard wheel with good grip. The 95a MiniLogo wheels feels extremely soft and sluggish.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4435 on: November 28, 2021, 02:48:24 AM »
Are Wayward wheels Creative urethane?

I think that was a yes, from what I can recall.

Also brands like Satori, SML (one type, the other is something else), Speedlab (newer ones), plus more but I cannot recall any others right this minute.

Overall really good wheels, lots of options in sizes, shapes, different urethane options too.

I am just spoilt with Spitfire Formula Four, but that is not to say that other wheels will be good to skate too.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4436 on: November 28, 2021, 02:56:31 AM »
I went looking for more wheels, often seeing some good ones through Uprise instagram, then saw these ones.

Anyone know anything about them, skated them, or whatever?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CWCJmFeFOll/

Xen

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 293
  • Go Faster!
« Reply #4437 on: November 28, 2021, 04:56:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Damn that is a pain.

Perfect for kids though.
[close]
[close]

[close]
The Elite formula is pretty good. The Juice line and keyframes are all good for cruiser wheels. I usually stay far away from NHS in general, but OJís marketing got to me. Iím tempted to give NFGís a try just to try something different

From concentrate OJs are shit. Only buy the Elites (grippier than spits be warned), they're fast and very hard.

white guy in a durag

• Rep: 130
  • Victim of the Hockey to Krooked pipeline
« Reply #4438 on: November 28, 2021, 05:52:22 PM »
I've got a hot take: the reissue oj formula is better than the elite.

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #4439 on: November 28, 2021, 05:58:21 PM »
Lukewarm take: OJ wheels are no good