Author Topic: Wheels Thread  (Read 805796 times)

CarcassToss

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 53
Re: Wheels Thread
« Reply #7650 on: May 17, 2024, 10:37:18 AM »
I was unable to find their website, but a friend of mine went on vacation to Europe and bought a setup out there with Crupie wheels and they were really slim. Reminded me of some of the old Ricta shapes.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1020
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #7651 on: May 17, 2024, 10:41:23 AM »
I was unable to find their website, but a friend of mine went on vacation to Europe and bought a setup out there with Crupie wheels and they were really slim. Reminded me of some of the old Ricta shapes.

Pretty sure Crupie is gone these days...pretty much DOA anyway.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1132
« Reply #7652 on: May 17, 2024, 11:35:44 AM »
you can get them from concrete visionary. But they also had some weird hack/data breach thing. Maybe DM them first to see if their site or what they're doing.

also crupie isn't even that great of a wheel. I've flatted 2 pair.

satori has a nice slim shape available, which I've also skated. The 101s feel soft. IDK if they have a 99a slim
« Last Edit: May 17, 2024, 01:14:56 PM by TwisT »

CarcassToss

• Rep: 53
« Reply #7653 on: May 17, 2024, 04:00:51 PM »
I had some Satori 101 when they first came back and they felt like a slightly less icy (when new) 99 Spit but ever so slower on really smooth ground. Probably would be a good wheel.

rikki

• Rep: 317
« Reply #7654 on: Today at 12:25:56 AM »
What's your method to rotating wheels? Just randomly or e.g. meticulously moving them around clockwise / ccw one step at a time? Or something else? And how often do you rotate them?

I've never really bothered about systematically rotating my wheels, but as you know, Slap puts things into your head...

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1985
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #7655 on: Today at 12:42:11 AM »

That contact patch is laughably skinny especially against the Bones V3 of a similar size, probably 3-4 washers on the inside so the threads aren't completely wrecked.

Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1048
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7656 on: Today at 01:40:39 AM »
What's your method to rotating wheels? Just randomly or e.g. meticulously moving them around clockwise / ccw one step at a time? Or something else? And how often do you rotate them?

I've never really bothered about systematically rotating my wheels, but as you know, Slap puts things into your head...

Most people usually wear the front toe on the angle from minimal on the inside worn down to significantly smaller outside, so that is the one to look at, also being the most visible.  That is followed by a more even wear all over on the back two, depending on how much you slide into or out of anything, usually the back toe with more wear to the outside, back heel more wear to the inside, then the front heel wears the least of all.

I have calipers so it is easy to see what size the wheels are and rotate accordingly, but regardless of whether you measure them or not, most of the time I am going to move the back toe to the front heel, then back heel to front toe positions, all still the same way facing outwards.

Some people will often rotate the wheels inside to outside as well on the same spots if they wear a little too much, but like anything, getting on to it before they wear a lot is the main thing.

I have some wheels that were never rotated from some people, front heel is still almost new at 54 mm, front toe down to 52 mm and badly coned, back two wheels both below 50 mm and fairly evenly matched, as the person did a lot of slide in / slide out type things and was heavy on the back foot, as well as never skating the board backwards, but when people rotate wheels or even skate the board more like a twin shape, there is a lot more even wear all round.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.