Author Topic: Epicly Later'd: Chocolate Skateboards  (Read 49093 times)

Soggy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -29
Re: Epicly Later'd: Chocolate Skateboards
« Reply #180 on: November 06, 2014, 05:03:42 PM »
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Cooner66

• Rep: -47
« Reply #181 on: November 06, 2014, 05:46:16 PM »
i'd assume that part 4 is going to be about the new generation of chocolate with stevie perez, raven, elijah, and vince. but as a few of you mentioned it'd be rad if they touched base on eldridge and roberts a bit more.. i mean i kno as for eldridge he jus got on a couple months before yeah right so it would have been around the same time as kenny. At this point i doubt we'll get anymore insight on devine or pops, but would be nice to hear more from them. Watching these episodes is strangely making me want to purchase a chocolate board!

**Also nothing on Jesus ?!
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 05:58:54 PM by Cooner66 »

Just sniff some glue

• Rep: -3
« Reply #182 on: November 06, 2014, 07:46:55 PM »
Expand Quote
chocolate is boring
[close]
you suck, theyve put out tons of amazing shit: tour videos, team videos, graphics.
also, anything involving kenny anderson skating isnt boring

Agree with everything I prefer chocolate over girl. Their not boring at all. Plus, I love Evan Hecox work he's an amazing artist, so I'm glad they threw him in this episode.

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 524
« Reply #183 on: November 06, 2014, 08:11:14 PM »
Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.

Soggy

• Rep: -29
« Reply #184 on: November 06, 2014, 08:41:34 PM »
gino left for a reason

abudabi

« Reply #185 on: November 06, 2014, 09:03:48 PM »

shred42O

• Rep: -10
« Reply #186 on: November 06, 2014, 09:10:59 PM »
Kenny is an awesome skater but he's also kind of forgettable. MJ is amazing but I can't stand listening to him talk about anything.

I feel sorry for your lack of intelligence.

A.Seaholm

• Rep: -19
« Reply #187 on: November 06, 2014, 10:53:53 PM »
yeah, i guess you're dumb because some opinions just aren't subjective

sluggers

• Rep: -407
« Reply #188 on: November 07, 2014, 02:57:13 AM »
Over twenty years of Chocolate and they decide to devote almost an entire episode out of only four to Kenny Anderson?

Lame as fuck, but the Lotti and Planet Earth shit was cool.

tonypops

• Rep: 8
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #189 on: November 07, 2014, 07:37:59 AM »
It's nice to see Kenny get the spotlight for almost an entire episode, since he's been on Chocolate for over a decade and hasn't been allowed to have a proper full part. Kind of a kick in the balls, considering there was no logical reason for his part to be shared in Pretty Sweet.

jonnysheen

• Rep: -64
« Reply #190 on: November 07, 2014, 09:32:47 AM »
Expand Quote
chocolate is boring
[close]

Not really.

Girl and Chocolate have got that boring Powell Peralta vibe a bit.  Bit mainstream, bit safe.

But Gabriel, Gino, kenny and chico. all sick to watch

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 409
« Reply #191 on: November 07, 2014, 09:56:31 AM »
It would be nice to get an episode, full or half, on each rider but that just isn't feasible.  I think the reason they did one on Kenny was because, based on what the riders said in the episode, he was the beginning of a new era for the company after Keenan's passing and Stevie leaving.  He was a well-respected pro that they were interested in for a while and maybe his decision to come on board after Planet Earth fell apart reaffirmed to the Chocolate guys that they still had something to contribute after losing such a big part of the team and feeling directionless or unstable?  Just a thought, but that's kinda how I took it.

Can we please get the full Stevie series after this?  Where he talks about joining Seek for a little bit and then starting DGK?  I remember it bein mentioned back when Kalis got his series.

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -274
« Reply #192 on: November 07, 2014, 01:28:15 PM »
Kennys' skating is pleasurable to my eyes.

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 433
« Reply #193 on: November 07, 2014, 02:15:39 PM »
It's nice to see Kenny get the spotlight for almost an entire episode, since he's been on Chocolate for over a decade and hasn't been allowed to have a proper full part. Kind of a kick in the balls, considering there was no logical reason for his part to be shared in Pretty Sweet.

anything to back up that conspiracy claim, t-pops?

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
« Reply #194 on: November 07, 2014, 02:56:18 PM »
It would be nice to get an episode, full or half, on each rider but that just isn't feasible.  I think the reason they did one on Kenny was because, based on what the riders said in the episode, he was the beginning of a new era for the company after Keenan's passing and Stevie leaving.  He was a well-respected pro that they were interested in for a while and maybe his decision to come on board after Planet Earth fell apart reaffirmed to the Chocolate guys that they still had something to contribute after losing such a big part of the team and feeling directionless or unstable?  Just a thought, but that's kinda how I took it.

Can we please get the full Stevie series after this?  Where he talks about joining Seek for a little bit and then starting DGK?  I remember it bein mentioned back when Kalis got his series.

in Colin McKays chromeball he mentioned this.  He actually never got on

what happened with Seek? It should?ve gone over like gangbusters but never seemed to hit its stride. I know Stevie never even got on?

Well, I?ll tell you exactly what went wrong with it and it all started with Stevie and I orchestrating with Rob of how we were both going to leave, Stevie leaving Chocolate and I leaving Girl. We were gonna get together with Rob and Kalis and we were gonna do this Seek thing. The four of us together, at the time, that was enough to be a solid thing.

But how it all went down was a different story. I can actually remember the exact moment they told me that Stevie had decided to stay on Chocolate. I couldn?t believe it. And I had just talked to him. I had already quit Girl? there was no way he was staying on Chocolate. So I called him up to see what was going on, and he just goes, ?Oh yeah? my bad, homie. I?m staying on Chocolate.?

My jaw was on the fucking floor. And I love Stevie? but at the time, I was so pissed. I had just quit the best company in all of skateboarding because you were supposed to be quitting as well to start this thing and now you?re telling me, ?My bad, homie??

If there was ever a point where the company went to shit, it was that moment there. With the four of us, it was perfect. But it had to be all four or it wasn?t going to work. And nobody could fill Stevie?s role back then.

Honestly, I never liked Seek. I never liked a single thing about it. I hated every graphic I ever had? it just sucked. And the entire time, I totally regretted quitting Girl for that bullshit.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 02:58:17 PM by Aatila »

Oprah Winfrey

« Reply #195 on: November 08, 2014, 06:15:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
chocolate is boring
[close]

Not really.
[close]

Girl and Chocolate have got that boring Powell Peralta vibe a bit.

Stanley Spadowski

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 326
  • Can I still be the janitor?
« Reply #196 on: November 08, 2014, 06:50:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
chocolate is boring
[close]

Not really.
[close]

Girl and Chocolate have got that boring Powell Peralta vibe a bit.

[close]
"These floors are dirty as hell, and I'm not gonna take it any more!"

BraveUlysses

« Reply #197 on: November 08, 2014, 07:36:57 AM »
It would be nice to get an episode, full or half, on each rider but that just isn't feasible.  I think the reason they did one on Kenny was because, based on what the riders said in the episode, he was the beginning of a new era for the company after Keenan's passing and Stevie leaving.  He was a well-respected pro that they were interested in for a while and maybe his decision to come on board after Planet Earth fell apart reaffirmed to the Chocolate guys that they still had something to contribute after losing such a big part of the team and feeling directionless or unstable?  Just a thought, but that's kinda how I took it.

Can we please get the full Stevie series after this?  Where he talks about joining Seek for a little bit and then starting DGK?  I remember it bein mentioned back when Kalis got his series.
Hasn't Stevie explained his whole life story(minus the Seek part) in like 15 interviews? A whole series of episodes based on him would seem redundant.

QUIT SINNIN

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 26
  • PATSY
« Reply #198 on: November 08, 2014, 11:51:56 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Hasn't Stevie explained his whole life story(minus the Seek part) in like 15 interviews? A whole series of episodes based on him would seem redundant.

as have most of the recent epsiodes

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 409
« Reply #199 on: November 08, 2014, 12:00:30 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

That's fair I guess.  I kinda just wanna hear some more about Seek since it was left out of Kalis's series.

SomeWorries

« Reply #200 on: November 08, 2014, 07:08:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

That's fair I guess.  I kinda just wanna hear some more about Seek since it was left out of Kalis's series.

Then they should just do a Seek series with a Stevie interview. I'd love to hear from Flo and Carolino and what went wrong with lil' Greg Myers along the way. I liked Seek. They had a weird, polished thing going on and some real superstars. It had to have been weird at least for a little while at DC after Stevie bailed. Not that we'd ever get the truth, but I wonder if McKay still regrets leaving Girl. Perhaps something more than the opportunity at Seek made him leave, but to have it fall apart fairly soon after and then to do Plan B 2.0, must've been a bit like whiplash.

Yeah so, O'Dell, here I formally request a (hopefully) three episode Epicly Later'd on Seek. Thanks!

cuntzilla

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -63
« Reply #201 on: November 08, 2014, 07:55:49 PM »
Did pops have a brain injury at some point? He sounds regular when he speaks
I don't rollerblade, I play ROLLER HOCKEY! I've been kicking haters like you to the curb forever

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 433
« Reply #202 on: November 08, 2014, 11:24:10 PM »
Not that we'd ever get the truth

bingo

or at the very least, a heavily padded version of what happened.

hufs calve muscles

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 48
« Reply #203 on: November 09, 2014, 01:16:37 AM »
Did Carroll have a brain injury at some point? He sounds regular when he speaks

dougDfresh

• Rep: -25
  • "...we are the dreamers of the dream."
« Reply #204 on: November 09, 2014, 11:52:01 PM »
i'd assume that part 4 is going to be about the new generation of chocolate with stevie perez, raven, elijah, and vince. but as a few of you mentioned it'd be rad if they touched base on eldridge and roberts a bit more.. i mean i kno as for eldridge he jus got on a couple months before yeah right so it would have been around the same time as kenny. At this point i doubt we'll get anymore insight on devine or pops, but would be nice to hear more from them. Watching these episodes is strangely making me want to purchase a chocolate board!

**Also nothing on Jesus ?!

From skating a lot with Jesus the first time he came down to LA, I remember he, his brother, and Danny were all being hooked up with World and Chocolate products, all while being pro for neighborhood. This was late 90s. They were on some Jovontae Turner vibe, lol. I seriously thought they were going to pass up on all three guys because it took Jesus years to get fully on (even though he was already pro). From what I remember it was the whole Visa thing that kept them from being properly hooked up.

In terms of Justin Eldrige, the hook-up came via ValSurf skate shop since crailtap has always had a connection with the shop. Ever since they filmed the Chocolate tour silly demo there, Val has been tight with Crailtap. Eldrige used to work at Val and his sponsor me tape became his Yeah Right! part. Even the accidental nollie-heel-krooks at the Beverly Hills High handrail was put in. As for Roberts, I think his part in the Listen video blew minds and the filmer was working for Girl at the time so that is that.

The Kenny insight was really cool. Didn't know he was Brian Lotti's boy. lol. Hecox saying that he works only with Chocolate within the skate industry sounded way nice. I think Danniel Castillo was right in saying that chocolate designs are better then Girl.

Although I'm not a huge fan of the new Chocolate team, I'm looking forward to part 4. From what I remember hearing Chocolate was going to be called Sister until Rocco blocked that, then Mike and Rick kept thinking what do girls like? The answer they came up with was chocolate. The racial inner jokes came later.

I guess this new branch will be white chocolate since they changed their whole style up.

Billy Ocean

• Rep: 30
« Reply #205 on: November 10, 2014, 12:28:23 PM »
Why only four parts? Six would have been nice, especially given all the different people and stories around the team. I can already hear in my head what part four will be about.

Raven should follow in McCrank's footsteps and be the next ATV guy on Girl, and Elijah should skate for a DLX brand. Sebo fits on Chocolate better than Elijah. Or Elijah should go over to FA. I like his skating, but he doesn't fit on Chocolate.
"Suck a dick, bitch." - Joey Boy

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1595
« Reply #206 on: November 10, 2014, 01:36:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Not that we'd ever get the truth
[close]

bingo

or at the very least, a heavily padded version of what happened.

Wasn't there a high end car thrown in there somewhere?

gregg

• Rep: -21
    • Switch Media Online. avatar image
« Reply #207 on: November 10, 2014, 07:35:36 PM »
Kenny is an awesome skater but he's also kind of forgettable. MJ is amazing but I can't stand listening to him talk about anything.

^ You're a fucking idiot...

Greg Road

« Reply #208 on: November 10, 2014, 09:06:09 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You're fucking brilliant. Seriously. Give yourself a big high five for that one.

Wizard Fight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #209 on: November 10, 2014, 09:40:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

You're fucking brilliant. Seriously. Give yourself a big high five for that one.

What's wrong with you that you find Kenny Anderson forgettable?