Author Topic: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently  (Read 969903 times)

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1891
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Re: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently
« Reply #6480 on: April 22, 2021, 11:38:05 PM »
Went into my skateshop to grab risers and ended up copping Justin Henry’s pro board

As is tradition
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Fhk

« Reply #6481 on: April 23, 2021, 03:10:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Some of my new toys came in, and then it snowed 10"
56mm 97a Full Conicals
8.5 FA
9.0 Polar Alv
[close]

moving back up to bigger boards??? I got a polar surf jr that I ended up hanging on the wall  :o but I like the way it feels. where'd you find a polar regular shape 9? can't find one anywhere.

also, 10' snow for 420. hell ya. ha ha ha
[close]
I skate all different sizes for some reason. Probably counter productive but whatever. I haven't tried the surf but I will this Summer hopefully. I dug for that 9" pop and eventually one popped up on Parade. I have some 55 Aces coming for that and I can't fucking wait. My frustration/anxiety of another Spring snowstorm made for a really productive 420 homey
[close]

I don't know man, ain't no such thing as counter productivity if you're not getting hurt and having fun! sorry if I jabbed at ya on the snow storm. my boy text me this morning and told me they got hit in WMass too.
The small setups take a lot less effort that's for sure. And I didn't take it as a jab bud..I just wanted to state that the abundance of weed consumption on 420 definitely helped fend off the blues of another week w/o skating outside. :) At least I'm used to the late snow up here, W. Mass was probably not impressed!

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6482 on: April 23, 2021, 03:31:29 AM »
Expand Quote

9.25 grosso shape
66 AF1 aces
56mm classics 97a

Got some rails coming Monday so this is going to be a fun second setup
[close]

You lucky duck. I’m jealous you got your hands on one of these.

There are actually a lot around and more coming, but most places will not list online so you have to go in to the store to buy them (at normal RRP, not crazy prices) or sort it out with someone who can go get one for you, eg one of the stores I saw got in a heap was Jokers shop...

https://www.instagram.com/p/CN8NCtTjBpa/
I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

augustmoon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
« Reply #6483 on: April 23, 2021, 09:52:19 AM »

i've been wanting to try one of these for a while.  rolled my ankle a couple weeks ago, so I figured i'd give it a shot. 
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 390
« Reply #6484 on: April 23, 2021, 11:46:18 AM »
Expand Quote

9.25 grosso shape
66 AF1 aces
56mm classics 97a

Got some rails coming Monday so this is going to be a fun second setup
[close]

You lucky duck. I’m jealous you got your hands on one of these.
It’s not lost on me I had just dumb luck finding one. I can’t believe there’s still assholes out there just buying up all of them to throw on eBay

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1027
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #6485 on: April 23, 2021, 11:48:23 AM »

i've been wanting to try one of these for a while.  rolled my ankle a couple weeks ago, so I figured i'd give it a shot.

Let me know how that works, been pondering it myself. I've been doing multiple stretches on my bad ankle when I wake up and before I go to bed, that have kept me okay, but I'm still nervous about certain tricks due to weak ankle.

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 538
« Reply #6486 on: April 23, 2021, 11:52:31 AM »
It’s not lost on me I had just dumb luck finding one. I can’t believe there’s still assholes out there just buying up all of them to throw on eBay

There's always assholes buying up everything to throw up on eBay.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 939
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #6487 on: April 23, 2021, 01:39:38 PM »
As if I needed more gear...gave up on my AWS curb crusher, the wood just feels like shit...soft and mushy; going to stick with DSM/NHS wood from now on.

I wanted the larb shape a few years ago but didn't bite so when I saw it today, I did (they're out of stock already).

Top view

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 871
« Reply #6488 on: April 23, 2021, 02:26:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Randomly sent it on a 8.5 Doomsayers deck that looked nice when I went in to my local, and turns out it is the exact same shape as my 8.5 Fitzgerald Hockey deck. Deck is a lot lighter overall, which is great IMO, but definitely was not expecting this.
[close]

Still BBS wood then.

Good thing you like it so you don't have to "send it" back, hey?!?

:)

The latest DSC is PS, but the one right before that was BBS. One before that was clutch. All are in shops. At least they changed the graphics though. I think hand screened is clutch, transfers are bbs or PS. 

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6489 on: April 24, 2021, 03:43:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Randomly sent it on a 8.5 Doomsayers deck that looked nice when I went in to my local, and turns out it is the exact same shape as my 8.5 Fitzgerald Hockey deck. Deck is a lot lighter overall, which is great IMO, but definitely was not expecting this.
[close]

Still BBS wood then.

Good thing you like it so you don't have to "send it" back, hey?!?

:)
[close]

The latest DSC is PS, but the one right before that was BBS. One before that was clutch. All are in shops. At least they changed the graphics though. I think hand screened is clutch, transfers are bbs or PS.

Yeah, it is a funny one.

Not sure how many of their boards there are around either, certainly none heading this way any time soon, from what I have heard, but who knows really.

white guy in a durag

• Rep: 230
  • 0 days since last ankle injury
« Reply #6490 on: April 24, 2021, 11:51:14 AM »

Been having fun on my theories deck with a 14.5" WB, so I grabbed some of the longer WB quasi decks to stash. Hopefully, if I can stay happy on 14.5"s, I wont be cursed to wander tactics for all eternity searching for wide boards with 14.25"s and below. My job wants to send me to Germany next month though, so they'll probably wind up in the hands of some Pulaski kids when it's all said and done.

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6491 on: April 24, 2021, 12:30:00 PM »
Justin Henry’s pro 8.5 board is a 14.25 wheebase. As is their proto model. So if you’re a fan of 14.25 wheelbases, cop those when you find em.

white guy in a durag

« Reply #6492 on: April 24, 2021, 12:59:13 PM »
Justin Henry’s pro 8.5 board is a 14.25 wheebase. As is their proto model. So if you’re a fan of 14.25 wheelbases, cop those when you find em.
I definitely want to get a Justin for the wall, just waiting for the local to get them in. I liked the proto I was riding for a while, but they taper to 8.25" over the back truck and I'm running 9" trucks right now, so there'd probably be too much monster truckin'.

Boog

• Rep: 190
« Reply #6493 on: April 24, 2021, 02:51:31 PM »
Got my first pair of 149 independent in forged hollow. Was riding 144 standards but wanted something lighter and not as tall but wider at the same time. They feel so much better right off the rip. Can't wait to put grooves in them.

blueskynoise

• Rep: 23
« Reply #6494 on: April 24, 2021, 03:50:31 PM »
Got my first pair of 149 independent in forged hollow. Was riding 144 standards but wanted something lighter and not as tall but wider at the same time. They feel so much better right off the rip. Can't wait to put grooves in them.

Such a great all around truck. The grooves just come naturally. I love them on an 8.25 and up

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #6495 on: April 24, 2021, 03:58:43 PM »
I think I hate the new skate old skools, I suck more than usual since I'm skating those
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Boog

• Rep: 190
« Reply #6496 on: April 24, 2021, 11:15:53 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Such a great all around truck. The grooves just come naturally. I love them on an 8.25 and up
That's good to hear. I'm excited to get to grinding them.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6497 on: April 25, 2021, 07:51:32 AM »
I think I hate the new skate old skools, I suck more than usual since I'm skating those

Different or uncomfortable fit, hard to wear straight out of the box, anything specific for you?

Always curious to hear, but kind of disappointing for you if they are not so good.

Tried an old insole in them (which often makes new shoes feel a lot more like home).

sketchyrider

« Reply #6498 on: April 25, 2021, 09:14:01 AM »

Been having fun on my theories deck with a 14.5" WB, so I grabbed some of the longer WB quasi decks to stash. Hopefully, if I can stay happy on 14.5"s, I wont be cursed to wander tactics for all eternity searching for wide boards with 14.25"s and below. My job wants to send me to Germany next month though, so they'll probably wind up in the hands of some Pulaski kids when it's all said and done.

is 14.5 the most common WB for 8.5's? that's def my preferred size/wheelbase, but i always have to check and make sure, i thought 14.25 was pretty common for 8.5's.

white guy in a durag

« Reply #6499 on: April 25, 2021, 10:10:29 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

is 14.5 the most common WB for 8.5's? that's def my preferred size/wheelbase, but i always have to check and make sure, i thought 14.25 was pretty common for 8.5's.
14.25's are getting more common, but for it a minute it felt like the only place you could get them consistently was FA/Hockey. In any size wider than 8.5" though, your options quickly dwindle.

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6500 on: April 25, 2021, 10:21:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
14.25's are getting more common, but for it a minute it felt like the only place you could get them consistently was FA/Hockey. In any size wider than 8.5" though, your options quickly dwindle.

Oddly enough, the only options at that point are Dwindle pressed boards. Creature stumps are 9" with a 14.25 WB. If you can fine them, stock up on them. They go quick.

Rubbrick

• Rep: 140
« Reply #6501 on: April 25, 2021, 11:51:27 AM »

Snagged some Ace AF1 55’s from warehouseskateboards for $46 shipped. I haven’t skated them yet - still waiting for my current set of indys to snap. 

Thanks again to @Xen for the heads up on the low priced AF1’s

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #6502 on: April 25, 2021, 01:23:09 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Different or uncomfortable fit, hard to wear straight out of the box, anything specific for you?

Always curious to hear, but kind of disappointing for you if they are not so good.

Tried an old insole in them (which often makes new shoes feel a lot more like home).
Different fit but the worst for me is the rubber being like "shiny", it flicks super weird for me.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1558
« Reply #6503 on: April 25, 2021, 05:35:19 PM »
Got a new bronze hat and some wax after the session today.

Featuring bread, the indifferent brindle.

Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

Bunk Moreland

« Reply #6504 on: April 25, 2021, 06:15:42 PM »
I bought an antihero snapback and it's the worst fitting hat ever. I should have tried it on in the shop, but it didn't cross my mind that a regular ass hat could be so shitty and ill fitting.

Also got a black label jake reuter football.

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1558
« Reply #6505 on: April 25, 2021, 07:13:43 PM »
I bought an antihero snapback and it's the worst fitting hat ever. I should have tried it on in the shop, but it didn't cross my mind that a regular ass hat could be so shitty and ill fitting.

You’re going to love that football more than any other shape you’ve ever skated. Snapped mine today and had another on ice I gripped up. Fucking love that board so much.
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6506 on: April 25, 2021, 09:56:41 PM »

Some / all of the new caps have been such a weird fit or super small lately from DLX, or at least the ones I have seen and tried on.

Between some companies getting their own caps produced, they might work on some heads, but not on mine and I usually wear more the mesh or snap back variety, not the unstructured ones, but some have been way too shallow, others just that weird in between size or even kids size, so yeah I have definitely had some caps that had to go as they just don't fit at all.

What sort is the one you got?

Bunk Moreland

« Reply #6507 on: April 26, 2021, 01:13:57 AM »
It's this one. Admittedly, I have a large dome and wear a 7.5" New Era, but I was on the last snap on this thing. Gave it to my poser wife.
https://www.paradeworld.com/product/anti-hero-reserve-patch-snapback-hat-brownwhite-44-39628128649381/

Bunk Moreland

« Reply #6508 on: April 26, 2021, 01:18:03 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

You’re going to love that football more than any other shape you’ve ever skated. Snapped mine today and had another on ice I gripped up. Fucking love that board so much.
I'm skating through something right now, haven't set it up yet. What trucks are you running? All I have are 5.8 ventures but I feel like they're going to make the nose and tail non-existent. I might have to venture out of my comfort zone and try something new.

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -116
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #6509 on: April 26, 2021, 05:59:03 AM »
Spanky Baker X Barry McGee board