Author Topic: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently  (Read 969795 times)

Gunot, chillclinton87 and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1092
Re: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently
« Reply #7590 on: May 12, 2022, 05:56:26 PM »
not bought, but given for free - and not new by any means. but i was able to rehab them with some red stock venture bushings i swapped out of a deck for the nfg bushings. other than the pivot cups being worn they still have a lot of life in them so i put them on a deathwish complete i also nabbed for free a while back  8)

bottom's look like this shot

Street corner jawns. Very good.
Some long long time venture loyalists, that I admire for their dedication to the V, claim the geo changed either after dlx took over, or semi recently (two different claimers saying this, I believe that dlx bought venture somewhere around like what, 2014? So who knows..). One dude switched to Indy. Aaaaaanyways, hopefully
You like those! They look sick, like straight outta the kayo corp video

MxsDx

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 90
« Reply #7591 on: May 12, 2022, 06:57:11 PM »
@rocklobster Unfortunately had to order them online because my local shop doesn’t even carry Creature

@ok it’s noticeably lighter than a normal 7ply deck so flip tricks took a lot less effort

I remember one of my friends used to skate those kevlar top ply Tum Yeto boards. Those things were awful and never felt right. These feel like actual skateboards

Good info. I’ve skated a dwindle impact light and didn’t like how heavy and stiff it was; have also been tempted by the pop secret decks - but those are apparently very heavy. It’s interesting that the vx  is actually light and feels like a standard deck.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1888
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #7592 on: May 12, 2022, 07:58:07 PM »
Did they increase the price on the VX decks? I remember them retailing for $80 a year ago, now they are going for close to $90.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1092
« Reply #7593 on: May 12, 2022, 08:36:38 PM »
@rocklobster Unfortunately had to order them online because my local shop doesn’t even carry Creature

@ok it’s noticeably lighter than a normal 7ply deck so flip tricks took a lot less effort

I remember one of my friends used to skate those kevlar top ply Tum Yeto boards. Those things were awful and never felt right. These feel like actual skateboards

I don’t think my locals carry much nhs either.
You break boards, like a g, I do not, because I only sorta skate.
The techy boards are for sure a benefit for those that break boards, but it’s good to hear the vx has some performance enhancing properties! The last composite board I really liked was a p2, and it was weird: stiff to the point where my legs/knees/back would hurt more than usual, but my real takeaway from that board was that sometimes I got 1.5x pop, and sometimes I got .5x pop, and I never figured out why. It’d be like back to back attempts. Remembering this has me wanting to try one again. Gainz
Didn’t Alien do a 6 ply way back when? I feel like I had this sick white orange green Kalis that was 6 ply, noticeably lighter. Which was nice.
Anyways, super dope setup

@rocklobster I had an impact something or other, and it was very whatever. Just felt…wrong.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7594 on: May 12, 2022, 08:47:31 PM »
Did they increase the price on the VX decks? I remember them retailing for $80 a year ago, now they are going for close to $90.

I think all that sort of stuff has gone up a fair bit more now.

They certainly have a lot here, but everything goes up a lot more in AU.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 500
« Reply #7595 on: May 12, 2022, 09:01:16 PM »
Expand Quote
not bought, but given for free - and not new by any means. but i was able to rehab them with some red stock venture bushings i swapped out of a deck for the nfg bushings. other than the pivot cups being worn they still have a lot of life in them so i put them on a deathwish complete i also nabbed for free a while back  8)

bottom's look like this shot

[close]

Street corner jawns. Very good.
Some long long time venture loyalists, that I admire for their dedication to the V, claim the geo changed either after dlx took over, or semi recently (two different claimers saying this, I believe that dlx bought venture somewhere around like what, 2014? So who knows..). One dude switched to Indy. Aaaaaanyways, hopefully
You like those! They look sick, like straight outta the kayo corp video

thanks dude! i'm pretty excited, there's definitely something slightly different about the design, not super drastic obviously,  but even if it's in my mind because of the colors that's all good too

extra nerdery for you - there was still a bit of price sticker on the bottom of the baseplate. nothing legible and barely of consequential size, but it i got way too excited about it still having an element it originally sold with

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1888
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #7596 on: May 12, 2022, 09:24:23 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I don’t think my locals carry much nhs either.
You break boards, like a g, I do not, because I only sorta skate.
The techy boards are for sure a benefit for those that break boards, but it’s good to hear the vx has some performance enhancing properties! The last composite board I really liked was a p2, and it was weird: stiff to the point where my legs/knees/back would hurt more than usual, but my real takeaway from that board was that sometimes I got 1.5x pop, and sometimes I got .5x pop, and I never figured out why. It’d be like back to back attempts. Remembering this has me wanting to try one again. Gainz
Didn’t Alien do a 6 ply way back when? I feel like I had this sick white orange green Kalis that was 6 ply, noticeably lighter. Which was nice.
Anyways, super dope setup

@rocklobster I had an impact something or other, and it was very whatever. Just felt…wrong.

I got a few Impact decks on ice but I haven't brought them out of storage to even consider setting 1 up yet. Stockpiled a bunch of DSM R7 decks that I really should get down to riding.

Had a hit and miss experience with the P2 decks I rode, 1 was amazing, the other 2 were very ho hum.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2155
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #7597 on: May 13, 2022, 02:19:30 PM »
I’m a sucker for this shape, so I doubled down & picked up a pair of them. Clutch Z4, both with the cursed red top ply to ward off the superstitious.
Sticker jobs, stencils, stupid grip, here I come.
Next stop: the set up thread.

Odd to me that one arrived shrink wrapped & one in a poly bag, but what is one to do but ride these ugly fucks anyways.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7598 on: May 13, 2022, 03:52:56 PM »
I’m a sucker for this shape, so I doubled down & picked up a pair of them. Clutch Z4, both with the cursed red top ply to ward off the superstitious.
Sticker jobs, stencils, stupid grip, here I come.
Next stop: the set up thread.

Odd to me that one arrived shrink wrapped & one in a poly bag, but what is one to do but ride these ugly fucks anyways.

Guessing they had to take one out of shrink wrap to take some pretty pictures, so you have the supermodel right there.

They do look like fun for that shape too!

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

FUBAR

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 231
« Reply #7599 on: May 14, 2022, 01:30:43 AM »
Got a DOA flat as fuck from yesterdays drop. This will be my second one…loved the first one I rode.

Lashes2ashes

• Rep: 7
« Reply #7600 on: May 14, 2022, 01:46:28 AM »
Expand Quote
What is tactics? I’m new here not sure what you mean
[close]

Oregon's Zumiez

https://www.tactics.com/
I can’t speak for the Portland or bend tactics but the original one In Eugene has always had skaters working there so I would say it’s a lot better than zuimiez. Zuimiez is skater hot topic so I would say tactics is skater target.

roba

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 714
« Reply #7601 on: May 14, 2022, 04:34:50 AM »
got me some Butter goods SCREW jeans in that super light blue wash- they are rather blue on the inside but got some super light blue/ white-ish wash on the outside!

Do you guys think some DYLON dye woud make them a solid black? i don't wanna tie-dye them accidentally!

anybody tried making kinda blueish jeans black?

Any help is appreciated!

i had some dark blue jeans that got faded as fuck and i dyed them black. it worked, they were black at first but after skating them in the sun for a few weeks they turned into that purple-black color, like a permanent marker when it dries out, didn’t look good.
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -200
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #7602 on: May 14, 2022, 07:54:36 AM »
Got Jahmir’s DC Lynx Zero, a Sci Fi deck with the Daihatsu graphic, a set of Ignition Ventures, and an Ignition Venture tee.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

iw0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7603 on: May 14, 2022, 08:15:16 AM »
Got a DOA flat as fuck from yesterdays drop. This will be my second one…loved the first one I rode.

very nice, what size flat do you go for?

Frank and Fred

« Reply #7604 on: May 14, 2022, 09:19:24 AM »

Decided that Classics are too narrow for me and snapped up some Classic Fulls as these don't come out that often.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #7605 on: May 14, 2022, 10:54:09 AM »
Nice where'd you find em at?

TJALOL

• Rep: 16
« Reply #7606 on: May 14, 2022, 11:04:28 AM »

Two Polar boards I got pretty cheap.
I’m set for atleast til’ falltime:)

Frank and Fred

« Reply #7607 on: May 14, 2022, 12:30:26 PM »
Nice where'd you find em at?

The Drop.

dstrytruitt

• Rep: 100
« Reply #7608 on: May 14, 2022, 02:05:25 PM »
Snagged this. Not sure yet if it’s for the wall or if I’m riding it.

FUBAR

• Rep: 231
« Reply #7609 on: May 14, 2022, 04:23:04 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

very nice, what size flat do you go for?
Got the 8.3. Skated an 8.25 and loved it.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 938
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #7610 on: May 16, 2022, 08:34:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
SKF bearings just arrived today and all 8 were smooth as silk.  I don't think I've bought a set of reds in the past two years where at least one of them felt gritty right out of the box.  Stoked on them but need to skate 'em now.

Expand Quote
Recent haul:
8.3 Quasi Henry twin

[close]

I'm on the ishod 8.3 twin and have been eyeing up that Quasi.  Is yours BBS pressed, yeah?   There's one site in the UK claiming it's pressed by PS Stix and the top photo they used looks like it's got the PS Stix etching at the front bolts.
[close]

I've a love hate with the dlx 8.3 (of the 3 I've had I've gotten very injured...so I'm just letting that one go). Been on the 8.5 Foy, just want a trimmer 8.3.

@wrinkletusk I would say PS as it is laser engraved, but it doesn't say 'manufactured by PS' and it also has the BBS dot...so I'm going with BBS.

Also has sweet ass matching top/middle plys

I'll come back in two weeks to let you know if it's flattened out and confirm it's PS :)
[close]

Such a good clear and crisp pic of the top, which I would say is BBS.

I am going to copy this to the Woodshop thread, given I think this is the first post I have seen of the Quasi BBS board with pics like that.

Thanks again for posting such detail.

@Woodshop @wrinkletusk
Confirmed BBS - https://quasiskateboards.com/collections/decks/products/henry-mirror-8-375

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
  • Just deck / woodshop info
« Reply #7611 on: May 17, 2022, 04:57:30 AM »

@Woodshop @wrinkletusk
Confirmed BBS - https://quasiskateboards.com/collections/decks/products/henry-mirror-8-375

Thanks!

If only everyone was so forthcoming with product information.

Interested to hear how it holds up as well.

Dan Gerous

« Reply #7612 on: May 17, 2022, 03:20:57 PM »

Thanks!

If only everyone was so forthcoming with product information.

Interested to hear how it holds up as well.

Mine even had a little 'manufactured by BBS' holographic sticker on the wrapper.

Meanwhile, I just got the Mason Silva Kelch hommage deck in the 8.75 flyer shape.... pretty nice.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1352
« Reply #7613 on: May 17, 2022, 03:30:53 PM »
local shop deck. BBS/Generator wood. 8.5

If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
« Reply #7614 on: May 17, 2022, 05:56:07 PM »
*just bought classic vans yellow old schools. big bird yellow

*tom Knox 440 in black leather w orange accents.

*vans Wayvee all white.

*enjoi 7.75 deck and some new 51mm spits

*alltimers 8” deck

might get some rvca wekend jeans (very good jeans)

pretty psyched.
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

Damoforce

• Rep: 24
    • YouTube Channel avatar image
« Reply #7615 on: May 18, 2022, 04:42:23 AM »
Bought some Nyjah Free 2s for $40 AUD. I heard they were narrow as but for the price got em. Happy to say they fit better than the Ishods for sure!
Just an older guy trying to learn to Skateboard over 30 with developing gear madness syndrome

Join me on YouTube for skateboarding, reviews and ect

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1082
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #7616 on: May 18, 2022, 10:57:23 AM »

LRAB VM003
Quantum Metallics, Graphflo, and Bearing tool
Hat from No Comply in Austin, TX

Also, shoutout to the homie @FreelanceVagrant for the good recommendations while I was in Austin. Bummed we couldn't get a session but anyone passing through TX should give him a shout.

slappyjoes

• Rep: 38
« Reply #7617 on: May 18, 2022, 07:11:33 PM »
Got some ventures wanted polished but this was the closest thing to polished. Also got some f4 conicals

iw0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7618 on: May 18, 2022, 07:18:29 PM »
Got some ventures wanted polished but this was the closest thing to polished. Also got some f4 conicals

truck pattern & deck pattern matchy matchy 👌👌👌

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
  • Just deck / woodshop info
« Reply #7619 on: May 18, 2022, 10:38:32 PM »
local shop deck. BBS/Generator wood. 8.5

Looks good!

I copied your post to the Woodshop thread too. 

The instagram post has quite a few options and shaped decks as well.