Author Topic: BATB 8  (Read 186004 times)

rocketofftopic

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 37
Re: BATB 8
« Reply #240 on: March 29, 2015, 12:52:21 AM »
i enjoyed when the rules were being read and they said "no sliding tricks if your opponent popped it" he just looked at luan and they both laughed

ChronicBluntSlider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #241 on: March 29, 2015, 12:57:35 AM »
Haha damn, it must be so intimidating playing Luan.

SkateStains

• Rep: -8
« Reply #242 on: March 29, 2015, 07:12:21 AM »
The best part of that was Nick Boserio looking chill as fuck.
Bryan "Slash" Cranston

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 433
« Reply #243 on: March 29, 2015, 07:57:15 AM »

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -625
  • who knows
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #244 on: March 29, 2015, 08:56:35 AM »
Luan just cruising and bruising!  Damn!  Must feel amazing to be that talented
where is home?

Cuban_Lynx

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1441
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #245 on: March 29, 2015, 08:58:13 AM »
"Don't quit your day job." -Pizza Delivery Guy

Loyal Pawn

• Rep: 7
« Reply #246 on: March 29, 2015, 09:21:08 AM »
Is it just me or is this years games so far been boring as hell.That kid who played prod looked awkward as shit standing there

UserFame

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -159
« Reply #247 on: March 29, 2015, 10:00:49 AM »
I fucking love LUAN!

thats all I had to say.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

149cleveland

• Rep: 0
« Reply #248 on: March 29, 2015, 11:07:04 AM »
At first I was stoked because I thought Trent was playing. When I saw Trevor appear out of nowhere I got bummed.

Come on, we can't be missing tre flips in games anymore.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #249 on: March 29, 2015, 03:04:26 PM »
"Don't quit your day job." -Pizza Delivery Guy

nice! haha woulda died if the pizza guy made a random appearance saying this.

Trevor doesn't even look remotely consistent to be in BATB wtf!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 03:07:27 PM by Monkey_Mcpott »

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 405
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #250 on: March 29, 2015, 03:47:50 PM »
At first I was stoked because I thought Trent was playing. When I saw Trevor appear out of nowhere I got bummed.

Come on, we can't be missing tre flips in games anymore.

Don't pretend like you care enough about those three to be able to tell them apart.

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -133
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
« Reply #251 on: March 29, 2015, 07:07:35 PM »
100% cannot tell these brothas apart. Which one did that cream-worthy crooked grind in the Plan-B video? That was awesome.
I'm going to argue that Placebo owes their entire career to a Canadian dude's skate video part. Appleyard should be getting royalties for this shit.

Wizard Fight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #252 on: March 30, 2015, 03:00:05 AM »
The best part of that was Nick Boserio looking chill as fuck.

Nah, Luan skating at the speed of sound with anti-gravity technology was the best part, but I feel you.

kevinskoners

« Reply #253 on: March 30, 2015, 04:13:42 AM »
Is it just me or is this years games so far been boring as hell.That kid who played prod looked awkward as shit standing there

it's not just you, I'm also bored by these games but I still watch them though, but I think this shit should be cancelled for straight ten years. it's the same shit over and over again, same faces, same finalists and all the new guys are there just to lose like this Mcclung dumbass, have to wait for a whole new flock of pros cause this shit is just plain stale. but i guess kids who skate somewhere around 2 year mark love this.

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 433
« Reply #254 on: March 30, 2015, 05:15:54 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

it's not just you, I'm also bored by these games but I still watch them though, but I think this shit should be cancelled for straight ten years. it's the same shit over and over again, same faces, same finalists and all the new guys are there just to lose like this Mcclung dumbass, have to wait for a whole new flock of pros cause this shit is just plain stale. but i guess kids who skate somewhere around 2 year mark love this.
it can be quite repetitious, but have you already forgotten that the last one was pros vs joes and a joe skunked a pro for the win?

andocom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
« Reply #255 on: March 30, 2015, 05:37:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
it can be quite repetitious, but have you already forgotten that the last one was pros vs joes and a joe skunked a pro for the win?

I had forgotten, just shows how forgettable this shit is I guess. I'll still watch em, for things like Luan's pop and speed, or crazy shit done cleanly or epic battles that go on and on where they basically run out of tricks by pros I like to watch skate. Mediocre dudes missing big flips and tres or unknown dudes bumping double flips off the floor at 2mph I'll pass tho.   

Greg Road

« Reply #256 on: March 31, 2015, 12:34:37 AM »
Luan killed it. That speed and pop was intense. Hope he goes far.

kevinskoners

« Reply #257 on: March 31, 2015, 01:27:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

I had forgotten, just shows how forgettable this shit is I guess. I'll still watch em, for things like Luan's pop and speed, or crazy shit done cleanly or epic battles that go on and on where they basically run out of tricks by pros I like to watch skate. Mediocre dudes missing big flips and tres or unknown dudes bumping double flips off the floor at 2mph I'll pass tho.   

the sad thing is that I really don't care for the Joe's  , I don't want to see them cause I'm not interested in some random guys flatground game I just don't care about someone who skates somewhere and is good at flatground, and it's funny that these days i need a branded name to get my attention, it's like when i go on hellaclips  I never click on anything without a familiar name. it's like getting introduced to someone new at a party, you just shake hands and forget the guy's name the instant you hear it, because you don't care and probably will never see that person again. same thing applies to skating I forget all their footage on instant, therefore I don't watch it.

jomeara1

« Reply #258 on: March 31, 2015, 07:46:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

the sad thing is that I really don't care for the Joe's  , I don't want to see them cause I'm not interested in some random guys flatground game I just don't care about someone who skates somewhere and is good at flatground, and it's funny that these days i need a branded name to get my attention, it's like when i go on hellaclips  I never click on anything without a familiar name. it's like getting introduced to someone new at a party, you just shake hands and forget the guy's name the instant you hear it, because you don't care and probably will never see that person again. same thing applies to skating I forget all their footage on instant, therefore I don't watch it.

I am too starting to get bored of it, but still watch it anyways.  Even though there are some new faces, I think we can all agree that It'll once again end up with Prod, PJ, Shane Oneill, whatever.  Even though last year had different skaters in the finals, which I really liked actually, I still feel like it'll just bounce back to the typical finalists from all the other batb.  It was cool to see a Joe win last year, but besides Cody and maybe that Will Fyock kid, I feel like most of the Joe's would do some crazy shit, but then fuck up basic tricks that you would think they would do first try no problem, especially of how crazy there 'entry' videos were.  I also heard that there were some skaters that were voted in this year like Daewon and Geoff Rowley, but were too nervous to do it so they backed out.   

summertimebluesdaddy

• Rep: -14
« Reply #259 on: April 01, 2015, 01:46:33 AM »
i enjoyed when the rules were being read and they said "no sliding tricks if your opponent popped it" he just looked at luan and they both laughed
He coulda beat Luan if he started sliding tricks on his turn.
Always a bridesmaid, never a bride...

wattscain

« Reply #260 on: April 01, 2015, 07:06:22 AM »
Whatever. I love BATB and I've been skating for a while. I have no problem seeing the same names in these games because at least you know the games won't be too lopsided. It will be interesting to see new batches of pros every year but I think it turns out this way because there are only so many pros who are good at SKATE. I'm not talking good at flatground, because a lot of people have flat skills. I'm just saying that being a good flatground skater doesn't always translate into being good at SKATE.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 07:13:59 AM by Lizzie Borden »

Joel Wilson

• Rep: -15
« Reply #261 on: April 01, 2015, 03:06:18 PM »
Whatever. I love BATB and I've been skating for a while. I have no problem seeing the same names in these games because at least you know the games won't be too lopsided. It will be interesting to see new batches of pros every year but I think it turns out this way because there are only so many pros who are good at SKATE. I'm not talking good at flatground, because a lot of people have flat skills. I'm just saying that being a good flatground skater doesn't always translate into being good at SKATE.

Lizze, r u a girl?

water cooler

• Rep: -18
  • hello
« Reply #262 on: April 02, 2015, 10:50:05 PM »
damn..luan killed the kid from bates motel.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #263 on: April 02, 2015, 11:52:32 PM »
bracket perfect so far, im getting flown to california

Erngh

• Rep: 1
« Reply #264 on: April 03, 2015, 06:17:40 AM »

jomeara1

« Reply #265 on: April 03, 2015, 10:29:14 AM »

It's funny because I got every battle right so far yet I'm in like 10th place or something

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #266 on: April 04, 2015, 12:36:52 AM »
if you do the thing you can see the Chris Joslin game right now

landCow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
« Reply #267 on: April 04, 2015, 12:55:00 AM »
if you do the thing you can see the Chris Joslin game right now

ha! well look at that, thats a handy trick.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 12:58:19 AM by landCow »

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 405
« Reply #268 on: April 04, 2015, 01:28:28 AM »
Was that guy honestly listening to his iPad while playing a game of skate?

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 745
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
« Reply #269 on: April 04, 2015, 03:18:24 AM »
That was a pretty underwhelming game.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW