Author Topic: BATB 8  (Read 186035 times)

Roro1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -38
Re: BATB 8
« Reply #420 on: April 25, 2015, 07:30:59 AM »
That was hard to watch...

AdrianLopez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #421 on: April 25, 2015, 07:34:08 AM »
Bastien was somehow caught off guard. What a let done.

[...] like an individual so irrelevant to anything.

Don't be an asshole and don't yo flip! - Kyle Frederick

KUberry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -130
« Reply #422 on: April 25, 2015, 08:14:37 AM »
Chris Chann is kind of a fag for playing like that.

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -749
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #423 on: April 25, 2015, 08:17:01 AM »
HARD TO WATCH: FLATGROUND NERD VS PRO

SFblah

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 668
« Reply #424 on: April 25, 2015, 08:33:57 AM »
Chris Chann is kind of a fag for playing like that.

Avicci

• Rep: -71
« Reply #425 on: April 25, 2015, 08:35:09 AM »
Why did Bastien talk about doing fucking basic tricks to get Chris Chan out and then bail a nollie flip? What the fuck is going on, Pro's like Bastien should be able to do a hundred in a row.

"chill out on the yo flips theo we only want whats best for you!"

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #426 on: April 25, 2015, 08:40:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Chris Chann is kind of a fag a complete faggot for playing like that.
[close]
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #427 on: April 25, 2015, 08:55:33 AM »
Who's Chris Chan? Is he a youtube thing?

I don't think you can fault him for Bastien skating terribly.

wattscain

« Reply #428 on: April 25, 2015, 09:03:25 AM »
Who's Chris Chan? Is he a youtube thing?

I don't think you can fault him for Bastien skating terribly.

Chann was in last year's BATB. I don't think he is officially on any particular team but he gets hooked up from several brands (I hesitate to use the word "flow"). He definitely has an online presence via Instagram and YouTube.

DM

• Rep: 25
« Reply #429 on: April 25, 2015, 09:08:28 AM »
This will make you feel better

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #430 on: April 25, 2015, 09:08:47 AM »
My god that was terrible.

mtvic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
« Reply #431 on: April 25, 2015, 09:17:56 AM »
Considering that chris chann primarily skates flat ground, it would be surprising if he didn't win.  It's too bAd that he didn't take a lesson from luan and learn how to pop a little and take an extra push or two.

149cleveland

• Rep: 0
« Reply #432 on: April 25, 2015, 09:20:51 AM »
Why did Bastien talk about doing fucking basic tricks to get Chris Chan out and then bail a nollie flip? What the fuck is going on, Pro's like Bastien should be able to do a hundred in a row.

It's obvious from Bastien's video parts that he prefers nollie/switch heels to nollie/switch flips so it wasn't surprising to me.

It may or may not have been appropriate to call a redo on the nollie 3 shuv, but I can't help but wonder whether the McClung ref turned a blind eye because of Adidas.

From a purely strategic standpoint Chris did well in picking his tricks (minus the switch varial heel). Still I'd rather watch Bastien skate, or at least a longer game. Bummed he didn't cab flip off or over something crazy.

They should make them drop in on an 8 ft quarterpipe or something before doing the trick, without powerslides or slow-down pushes. I doubt you'd get technical tricks from anyone but Luan but it would certainly be entertaining. Too bad switch drop-ins are hard enough for most people.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 09:29:27 AM by 149cleveland »

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #433 on: April 25, 2015, 10:05:40 AM »
Chan looked pretty solid out there. I wonder what skate hacks he used.

Avicci

« Reply #434 on: April 25, 2015, 10:14:59 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It's obvious from Bastien's video parts that he prefers nollie/switch heels to nollie/switch flips so it wasn't surprising to me.

It may or may not have been appropriate to call a redo on the nollie 3 shuv, but I can't help but wonder whether the McClung ref turned a blind eye because of Adidas.

From a purely strategic standpoint Chris did well in picking his tricks (minus the switch varial heel). Still I'd rather watch Bastien skate, or at least a longer game. Bummed he didn't cab flip off or over something crazy.

They should make them drop in on an 8 ft quarterpipe or something before doing the trick, without powerslides or slow-down pushes. I doubt you'd get technical tricks from anyone but Luan but it would certainly be entertaining. Too bad switch drop-ins are hard enough for most people.

I don't give a shit what he prefers, missing a nollie flip and whatever the fuck else nonsense he missed is so so so sad.

jomeara1

« Reply #435 on: April 25, 2015, 10:25:16 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Exactly what I was thinking.  I had a strong feeling that Chris Chann was going to win, but I really wish Bastien would've went first.  We probably would have seen a longer game, and I think if Bastien eventually whipped out his famous full cab double flips he could've gotten at least 1 letter on Chann.  I never liked it when people would go straight for the throat in games of skate.  I know a hardflip aint too crazy these days but its not a typical trick you start off with either.  I remember when Corey Kennedy played  Peter Ramondetta and first trick of the game he just pulls out full cab flips and shit and I was thinking how much of a douche Corey was for doing that.

jomeara1

« Reply #436 on: April 25, 2015, 10:29:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I don't give a shit what he prefers, missing a nollie flip and whatever the fuck else nonsense he missed is so so so sad.

I see what youre saying but remember when Reynolds bailed a fakie flip against pj ladd? I feel like nobody said anything about that.  Shit happens.

Roro1

• Rep: -38
« Reply #437 on: April 25, 2015, 10:47:16 AM »

I'm not hating on Chris Chann, he's good, his part that dropped earlier this year is good too. Don't care if he's a youtuber tho.
Also I can't really blame him to come prepared / trained when you see how he got raped by Luan last time. It would be regular to continue to blame the unprepared amateurs (that we like to trashtalk) once they're ready and actually winning against pros.
I just feel bad to see one of my all time favorite skater getting destroyed like that (and imagine how Chris Chann's audience can see him as a not-that-talented skater since many may not know Bastien that much).
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 11:14:57 AM by Roro1 »

poopnutsupreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 494
« Reply #438 on: April 25, 2015, 10:51:32 AM »
I was writing this long post about how you could blame him for trying to win. Then I remembered he's one of the YouTube skate stars and I hate him again.
Any dude that hates on roller hockey hasn't played, and likely haven't played a sport in their entire life.

jomeara1

« Reply #439 on: April 25, 2015, 10:59:28 AM »
I was writing this long post about how you could blame him for trying to win. Then I remembered he's one of the YouTube skate stars and I hate him again.

I understand the kid is just trying to win, idk, I guess I'm just getting frustrated by all these terrible/ boring games lately with the exception of Reynolds and Beagle.

Edit: Cyril lol.

Spitfire4life

• Rep: -20
« Reply #440 on: April 25, 2015, 11:22:19 AM »
That was a pretty dick-move of a game. Nollie flip and Bigspin were about the only normal tricks, everything else was the regular flatground shit all the youtubers do. BATB this year blows.
If you take medical advice from this puddle of retards you are going to die.

Avicci

« Reply #441 on: April 25, 2015, 11:24:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I see what youre saying but remember when Reynolds bailed a fakie flip against pj ladd? I feel like nobody said anything about that.  Shit happens.

yeah I do, and some pros have missed front shuvs too, but in BATB 8 there shouldn't be anymore little bails. I mean some of these pro's act like they have never seen a BATB before...

Dong Juan

• Rep: -7
« Reply #442 on: April 25, 2015, 11:29:16 AM »
Well, at least the kid didn't choke this time.

geneparmesan

• Rep: 21
« Reply #443 on: April 25, 2015, 11:42:22 AM »

I'm not hating on Chris Chann, he's good, his part that dropped earlier this year is good too. Don't care if he's a youtuber tho.
Also I can't really blame him to come prepared / trained when you see how he got raped by Luan last time. It would be regular to continue to blame the unprepared amateurs (that we like to trashtalk) once they're ready and actually winning against pros.
I just feel bad to see one of my all time favorite skater getting destroyed like that (and imagine how Chris Chann's audience can see him as a not-that-talented skater since many may not know Bastien that much).

Is that what passes for a youtube star? I nearly lost it when he and the homies said a prayer that he win the roshambo and land all his tricks:

castillo's curls

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 70
« Reply #444 on: April 25, 2015, 11:56:42 AM »
Is this the douche who posts unboxing videos on youtube?

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 149
« Reply #445 on: April 25, 2015, 12:00:55 PM »
This will make you feel better

Yes that did :)

stephop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -391
« Reply #446 on: April 25, 2015, 12:33:55 PM »
Blame him because Bastien is trash at flatland and can't do a simple 540 shuv it and nollie flip.

Spitfire4life

• Rep: -20
« Reply #447 on: April 25, 2015, 12:35:33 PM »
Is this the douche who posts unboxing videos on youtube?
Yes.
If you take medical advice from this puddle of retards you are going to die.

pinch a loaf

« Reply #448 on: April 25, 2015, 12:45:22 PM »
a 4:14 video for a 44 second game.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #449 on: April 25, 2015, 12:50:12 PM »
bastien vs dyrdek please