Author Topic: BATB 8  (Read 186317 times)

Ingenting Polisen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -1
    • https://imgur.com/a/ErQuTFP avatar image
Re: BATB 8
« Reply #900 on: June 22, 2015, 01:59:08 AM »
Although its sick that Cody the sugar factory underdog wins i feel like hes that guy at the skate park you really hate that is going super slow doing double and late flips... Must be so awkward for him to watch Luan do his tricks 4 times faster and so much higher haha

Andrefosho

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 148
« Reply #901 on: June 22, 2015, 02:51:58 AM »
WHAT THE FUCK
Luan beat Cody at like 8 letters
Berra fucking hypocrite

MeanestCleanestPenis

• Rep: 40
« Reply #902 on: June 22, 2015, 03:36:06 AM »
I don't get all the Cody hate. Sure he throws the double flips out but he has also proven at this point that he can do basically every trick. I think Sewa is way worse the way he pulls out all the weird stuff as soon as he can. I also don't think his style is too bad for a big dude. He doesn't skate like luan but who does?

Jerkstore

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -154
« Reply #903 on: June 22, 2015, 03:43:17 AM »
Watched that only once

but have no idea how Luan lost that

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65504
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #904 on: June 22, 2015, 04:27:28 AM »
Watched that only once

I'll give you a clue, B_ _ _ _

"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

Mike

• Rep: -44
  • Upcoming
« Reply #905 on: June 22, 2015, 04:39:49 AM »
Cody went striahgt for the double flips as soon as he got on offense. What a puss.
Kflip down 10 like it's nothing.

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #906 on: June 22, 2015, 05:01:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Watched that only once

[close]

I'll give you a clue, B_ _ _ _

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -749
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #907 on: June 22, 2015, 06:01:22 AM »
Cody went striahgt for the double flips as soon as he got on offense. What a puss.

Fuck this dude. Double gay flips.

sid vicious

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 70
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #908 on: June 22, 2015, 06:05:56 AM »
He was on "t" it's called game survival

wattscain

« Reply #909 on: June 22, 2015, 06:08:54 AM »
The last thing I expected from a game between these two was a game decided on pop shuvits and 180 ollies. I don't know what people expected to happen. After a certain point, especially when each skater is having an "on" day, the tricks are going to get weirder. I'm not a big fan of either skater, but it was good game nonetheless.

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
« Reply #910 on: June 22, 2015, 06:21:26 AM »
The last thing I expected from a game between these two was a game decided on pop shuvits and 180 ollies. I don't know what people expected to happen. After a certain point, especially when each skater is having an "on" day, the tricks are going to get weirder. I'm not a big fan of either skater, but it was good game nonetheless.
Now how the fuck is one NOT a big fan of fuckin' Luan????

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #911 on: June 22, 2015, 06:34:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
SEWA VS CEPEDA in the finals...
[close]

That would be the worst case scenario... What a nightmare!
[close]
So long, cruel world.

i can put up with watching cody, but sewa is just awful to watch. i really want to see him play shane because shane has all the 540 and double  flip variations that sewa relies on, but shane actually makes them look good.

OldmanEpic

« Reply #912 on: June 22, 2015, 06:35:58 AM »
The nerrics should just hold random games of skate with doods that happen to be at the park that day.

I think that would be much more entertaining.

Then we could see luan vrs shane with no pressure of the contest. That would be fuckin amazing

wattscain

« Reply #913 on: June 22, 2015, 06:44:18 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Me not being a big fan is not a statement of his skill and it doesn't mean I don't like him. I just have a longer list of skaters I would much rather see skate before I watch Luan.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 07:03:12 AM by Lizzie Borden »

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -626
  • who knows
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #914 on: June 22, 2015, 07:18:29 AM »
Expand Quote
So how 'bout that no sliding or pivoting if your opponent popped his trick rule, Berra?
[close]

how in the fuck did berra not make cody redo his tricks like he did luan. cody pivoted like nearly all of his tricks.
where is home?

OldmanEpic

« Reply #915 on: June 22, 2015, 07:47:48 AM »
Didnt berra say something along the lines of "im gonna ref this one cause Im a tough bastard"? Or someshit like that?

I guess Cody has already won

pekkaaa

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 238
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #916 on: June 22, 2015, 07:58:10 AM »

wattscain

« Reply #917 on: June 22, 2015, 08:09:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
So how 'bout that no sliding or pivoting if your opponent popped his trick rule, Berra?
[close]

how in the fuck did berra not make cody redo his tricks like he did luan. cody pivoted like nearly all of his tricks.
[close]

Defense is the reason. Need a reminder, look at that Busenitz v Cole game from BATB 2

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65504
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #918 on: June 22, 2015, 08:14:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Me not being a big fan is not a statement of his skill and it doesn't mean I don't like him. I just have a longer list of skaters I would much rather see skate before I watch Luan.

Skating flat?
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

wattscain

« Reply #919 on: June 22, 2015, 08:22:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
Skating flat?

I guess I'm referring to video parts overall. But even so, there are some guys I would watch skate flat before Luan. Again, it's just subtle things I look at and not a condemnation of his skill.

WantSomeSlaw

• Rep: -26
  • bohica
« Reply #920 on: June 22, 2015, 08:23:52 AM »
Comeback of the century haha. You guys are giving Cody all the hate for those double flip tricks, but Luan pulled out double flip tricks before Cody did.
And I know that skating flat next to Luan you're always gonna look like you're not even popping your tricks, but didn't Cody look not comfortable on his board? Like, every trick he landed awkwardly and it made me cringe
Shit could be worse

dadstyle

• Rep: -1
« Reply #921 on: June 22, 2015, 08:27:28 AM »
don't forget Cody's stupid fucking face.

posguy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #922 on: June 22, 2015, 08:30:00 AM »
Fuck Sewa. Always the same shit that no one bothers to learn.

Sounds like you need to be mad at your favorite pros for not stepping up to learn that "same shit"

needlejuice

• Rep: -101
« Reply #923 on: June 22, 2015, 08:50:06 AM »
soo much love for luan nowadays. dudes been a favorite since extremely sorry. go back and watch that shit and tell me how ahead of his time he was. doing awesome shit like sw fs180 fs5-0 backside flip alley out. so dope. I wish he would've busted out that super gnarly trick he did on torey. that shit was the best trick ive seen in batb to this day. I think it was a sw 360 big heel done flawless of course.

what makes codys double flips gay and not luans are luan actually throws in other tricks between them instead of just raffling them off one by one. nobody wants to see that shit... and there's also the obvious style factor
try to remember, forget

FrenchFuck

« Reply #924 on: June 22, 2015, 08:58:25 AM »
The existential GOS question:

Overall talent vs Niche tricks

wattscain

« Reply #925 on: June 22, 2015, 09:01:40 AM »
It sounds like people are really reaching to dislike Cepeda. Saying you're not a fan of his style is one thing, but to hate him because he doesn't play SKATE the way you would seems a little silly. If someone fires off several double flips in a row, that's not some sportsmanship issue; it may just be easier to do that. We've seen Ladd do heelflip or 360 flip variations in a row. In SKATE, once you are in the zone for a certain class of tricks, sometimes it's easier to just do them in a row rather than derailing your train of thought.

jomeara1

« Reply #926 on: June 22, 2015, 09:19:01 AM »
It sounds like people are really reaching to dislike Cepeda. Saying you're not a fan of his style is one thing, but to hate him because he doesn't play SKATE the way you would seems a little silly. If someone fires off several double flips in a row, that's not some sportsmanship issue; it may just be easier to do that. We've seen Ladd do heelflip or 360 flip variations in a row. In SKATE, once you are in the zone for a certain class of tricks, sometimes it's easier to just do them in a row rather than derailing your train of thought.

Exactly. 

God damn that was such a good game.  I really wanted Luan to win but I gotta give Cody credit for putting up a gnarly fight. I'm surprised no one mentioned how sick Luan's fakie bs double flip was.

OldmanEpic

« Reply #927 on: June 22, 2015, 09:21:24 AM »
Agreed Lizzie. Try doing a few double kickflips then go back to a kickflip. At least for me it throws me off.

Luans doubleflips look good because he pops them and catches them.

Also, cant remember what it was from but remember luan doing a bunch of triple kickflips in a row?

Manolo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 467
« Reply #928 on: June 22, 2015, 09:25:43 AM »
hahaha

needlejuice

• Rep: -101
« Reply #929 on: June 22, 2015, 10:49:37 AM »

it's not a reach, its an opinion of taste and etiquette. you cant help but appreciate his consistency. but also cant help but hate his style of skating because it's strange to be that consistent with your tricks looking that bad. morgan came into the berrics and smoked everyone without anybody knowing him and he didn't receive the hate that cody does. there's a reason for that. comparing ladd and cepeda is ass backwards in a game of skate debate considering cody is the antithesis to ladd in terms of the cessation of tricks. ladd never does a bunch of goofy tricks in a row and always complains about people doing that in his interviews. which makes him look like a sour puss so I see your point but comparing the two makes no sense at all
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 10:52:07 AM by needlejuice »
try to remember, forget