Author Topic: Intoxicants and Skateboarding...  (Read 10334 times)

sluggers

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -407
Intoxicants and Skateboarding...
« on: January 15, 2015, 07:47:00 AM »
How is it anyone can skate better on anything?

Speed - fuck shit up?

Weed - lay back and roll?

Beer - not give a fuck?

I always have to be stone cold sober to land anything.

Liam Baker

• Rep: -50
Re: Intoxicants and Skateboarding...
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2015, 07:50:44 AM »
I almost always skate high, not on purpose though cause I'm usually high anyway.
Skating drunk works to a certain extent, but a few too many beers fucks me up.
Skating on speed did nothing for me.
I skated on acid once which was cool, it actually didn't make it much harder to land anything.

drugs make skating fun in a different way
fuck

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2015, 08:07:28 AM »
did anyone used to get high on cough syrup?

abudabi

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2015, 08:20:48 AM »
tricks make more sense to me while stoned. i can think of where it makes sense to put my feet, when i skate sober i position my feet more by memory.

on occasion i get too high and it completely sykes me out. usually weed helps my skating tho.

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2015, 08:28:20 AM »
Intoxicants after skateboarding are much better than intoxicants before
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

Kevin Malone

• Rep: -31
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2015, 08:28:52 AM »
I almost always skate high, not on purpose though cause I'm usually high anyway.
Skating drunk works to a certain extent, but a few too many beers fucks me up.
Skating on speed did nothing for me.
I skated on acid once which was cool, it actually didn't make it much harder to land anything.

drugs make skating fun in a different way

Do you preform backflips off walls onto your board right after takin a phat rip toke of speed??

oldgoodburger

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2015, 08:55:29 AM »
i get too high and it completely sykes me out.
Intoxicants after skateboarding are much better than intoxicants before

Get fired up

• Rep: -54
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2015, 09:24:58 AM »
I prefer to skate while drinking beer.
 You can't be drunk before you start skating, you have to crack your first beer as your warming up.   
 Probably because I'm old, it helps me loosen up and gets rid of some cronic pain.
 Plus it takes the edge off on I get some liquid courage.
After 3-4 I'm usualy done skating anyway, so I'm never really drunk. 

Smoking weed doesn't really make me lazy. 
Sometime it can help me relax and not stress over a trick. 

@thewilleasley

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2015, 09:28:31 AM »
IF you've got the right kind of high and are in the mood for it you can skate your ass off when you're stoned. I've landed a ton of new tricks and some bangers down gaps while high plenty of times. It can also overstimulate your mind to the point where you can't focus enough to land tricks or just make you too lazy to get out and go skate in the first place. Depends on the strain really. It's definitely wise to pace yourself with the weed and if possible, warm up sober first

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2015, 09:55:32 AM »
IF you've got the right kind of high and are in the mood for it you can skate your ass off when you're stoned. I've landed a ton of new tricks and some bangers down gaps while high plenty of times. It can also overstimulate your mind to the point where you can't focus enough to land tricks or just make you too lazy to get out and go skate in the first place. Depends on the strain really. It's definitely wise to pace yourself with the weed and if possible, warm up sober first

i can skate better with a beer or two only because i feel like I'm swerving but high i can't do.  I don't even smoke anymore but when i did if fucked me up completely like i couldn't move my legs well

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 107
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2015, 10:17:51 AM »
tricks make more sense to me while stoned. i can think of where it makes sense to put my feet, when i skate sober i position my feet more by memory.

on occasion i get too high and it completely sykes me out. usually weed helps my skating tho.

I always skated better high but for me it worked better if I got warmed up first and then smoked. For some reason if I got stoned before skating I'd just get stuck in my own thoughts and freeze up. Also vaporizing helped me a lot because smoking killed my endurance, even though it helped my skating ability.

KUberry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -130
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2015, 10:39:41 AM »
I typically skate better sober. I have done things I didn't expect drunk or high though. I did a fakie flip bs nose grind first try shit plowed drunk once.

A Not At All Naughty Chemist

• Rep: 56
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2015, 11:05:40 AM »
warm up sober first

This pretty much.

I usually skate until i've done a trick/enough tricks that i'm happy with. After that i smoke some weed (not always though) and then the jesting session starts.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2015, 11:32:08 AM »
one time i took adderall so i could work on a long homework assignment, but lost interest in it and went skating instead. it didnt make me any better, it just made trying tricks faster. like if normally it would take me 20 tries and 10 minutes to land something, it would still take 20 tries, but only 5 minutes because i couldnt stop moving.

i also took adderall once to do homework and thought id have a good amount of time before it kicked it, so i thought i could get in a quick session on the drums. i ended up playing drums for 2 1/2 hours straight, the same fill over and over because i couldnt get it fast enough.

i probably took that shit 4 or 5 times all together and only found it helpful maybe twice. havent fucked with any kind of uppers since. that shit just makes me feel like im insane. cant understand people who take uppers for fun.

MonistatOne

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2015, 11:40:28 AM »

TheDraught

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65232
  • Team -65K
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2015, 11:51:14 AM »
This:
When Bryggeriet Skatepark opened up in 1998 Tom Penny was staying in Copenhagen and came over regularly to skate with the Danish crew. He was hanging out in the danish capital, building the bowl in Christiania and skating as good as ever. The photo from the Wonderland bowl in Christiania was taken by Jesper Nilsson, one of the OG skateboard photographers out of sweden. In the back you can see Magnus Gyllenberg who was the editor of the swedish skateboard magazine Funsport Skateboard at the time. Nobody could skate that crazy bowl like Tom Penny and this 360 flip to fakie was just insane.

The other photo was taken at Bryggeriet by Justin Ashby from England. Tom and our danish friends used to come over with the speedboats every week and this particular time Tom was determined to do a 540 for the fist time ever. Warming up on the boat trip over with a couple of bottles of wine and then numerous of danish malt beverages, it was pretty hard to believe he would be able to skate at all but as we all know, Tom Penny is not a normal person and he possesses a talent for skateboarding that no one else can match. Needles to say, Tom put this 540 down after some nasty slams and it was one of the raddest things that ever happened here in the history of Bryggeriet.

Copied from, also including photo of the 540:
http://skatemalmo.se/2012/02/the-vault-tom-penny/

posguy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2015, 11:52:39 AM »
Can't do it. My sense of balance is off when I smoke.

Wizard Fight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2015, 12:08:42 PM »
did anyone used to get high on cough syrup?

yeah

Get fired up

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2015, 12:13:11 PM »
This:
When Bryggeriet Skatepark opened up in 1998 Tom Penny was staying in Copenhagen and came over regularly to skate with the Danish crew. He was hanging out in the danish capital, building the bowl in Christiania and skating as good as ever. The photo from the Wonderland bowl in Christiania was taken by Jesper Nilsson, one of the OG skateboard photographers out of sweden. In the back you can see Magnus Gyllenberg who was the editor of the swedish skateboard magazine Funsport Skateboard at the time. Nobody could skate that crazy bowl like Tom Penny and this 360 flip to fakie was just insane.

The other photo was taken at Bryggeriet by Justin Ashby from England. Tom and our danish friends used to come over with the speedboats every week and this particular time Tom was determined to do a 540 for the fist time ever. Warming up on the boat trip over with a couple of bottles of wine and then numerous of danish malt beverages, it was pretty hard to believe he would be able to skate at all but as we all know, Tom Penny is not a normal person and he possesses a talent for skateboarding that no one else can match. Needles to say, Tom put this 540 down after some nasty slams and it was one of the raddest things that ever happened here in the history of Bryggeriet.

Yes.  I had a huge poster of that 3 flip on my wall for years.  Cool story. What a legend.
I skated on Acid a bunch of time when I was younger.  Sometime it worked amazing, if I could focus. 
Other time I would take too much just trip out and be use less. 
All about dosage. 

shark tits

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2015, 12:17:50 PM »
hallucinogens have been my best drug-skating experiences.
sidenote, i did learn how to nollie bs out of milk crate slides while on the clock at a gas station on day 2 of a 3 day meth run.

Baron Samedi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 372
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2015, 12:27:47 PM »
This:

That is so sick. Never caught that little piece of history so thanks.

I used to skate drunk pretty much every night when I lived in Spain but I've come to understand it's a lot different to get drunk while skating rather than get drunk and then go skating. If you slowly segue into it there's actually not a huge difference between that and skating sober in my experience (up to a point).

Spider on drugs

• Rep: 0
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2015, 01:31:00 PM »
coffe, warm up, weed/hash, skate.
Secret of happiness

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2015, 01:32:47 PM »
what about dry mouth kotton mouth?

ttching!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65214
  • Smilin' Mercenary
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2015, 01:40:40 PM »
Bronze

Juan Castillo

• Rep: 2
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2015, 01:58:21 PM »
Weed- worked for mellow flatground, not much else
Drinking- good for mini ramp. totally fucks up street
coke- thought would be awesome, generally too twitchy to really accomplish much. worked good for ramp in SMALL does
speed- got these super strong adderall replacement amphetamine salts. tried s/s front foot impossibles for an hour and a half straight. only time i've ever landed any.
opiates- utterly useless, basically why i stopped skating for awhile.
2c-t2- provided my ego wasn't fucking me up, bizarrely wonderful things would just flow out of me. Like front shuvs out of switch bs wallrides. I'd realize i was doing good and then I forget how to ride. 

Sizzla

• Rep: 231
  • I luv I jah
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2015, 02:33:46 PM »
iffa ya blaze fire blaze da collie bush be fi ya skate, ya fi heffa irie sesh mon!
I an I haff nah white god

landCow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2015, 02:41:49 PM »
Drinking while skating I've found there's a sweet spot around two to three beers. Its where you still have enough balance and coordination to actually skate but you also have a heightened sense of confidence to try new things.

Still Tippin

• Rep: -33
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2015, 02:43:29 PM »
Drinking while skating I've found there's a sweet spot around two to three beers. Its where you still have enough balance and coordination to actually skate but you also have a heightened sense of confidence to try new things.
was gonna write exactly this. after three or four you still have the heightened sense of confidence to try new things, but you're almost surely going to just bust your ass on those new things. maybe just me cause i suck.

SilvergultRab

• Rep: -58
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2015, 03:31:06 PM »
Cheeky half bottle of buckfast then maybe more later session and more firesticks than is needed and that's a perfect skate there

GoodguyEh

• Rep: 0
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2015, 03:43:05 PM »
tried skating on GHB and ecstasy once, only made it about 5 min till I was distracted by how cool rubbing griptape on my face felt