Author Topic: MLB Thread  (Read 34518 times)

French manicure

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 286
Re: MLB Thread
« Reply #210 on: October 17, 2015, 08:14:23 PM »
Schwarber makes a perfect throw to home plate and Montero is too far back, oof.  Mets got to Lester early similar to what happened to him Game 1 against the Cards.  Gotta hope that Jake gets it going tomorrow night.

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #211 on: October 17, 2015, 09:34:25 PM »
Mets played nice. I was surprised at some of Lester's pitching.

I don't know a ton about Dodgers politics, but was anyone surprised about the Greinke news about his contract today?

Well, i do know that people have been saying Greinke was going to opt out of his contract for awhile now, so I don't think it has anything to do with their early playoff exit. 

Now I'm still not clear on the whole opting out thing... i know a-rod did it a few years back.  I'm assuming it's part of the original contract  they sign whether they want to renegotiate for a bigger contract a few years in, or if they're tanking just play the rest of it out?  regardless, dude is about to get fucking paid. 

As much as I'd donate a kidney to see him get signed by the Giants, I'm always weary of giving pitchers high paying long term contracts, especially those in their 30's.  He seems like he'd be solid, but you never know when you're gonna get Johan Santana'd.

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

« Reply #212 on: October 17, 2015, 09:46:01 PM »
OK, just thought I'd ask. Not a problem.

EDIT: And just an FYI, I knew it bugged you that your full name was on here since that's what you chose as your original name and then requested that it be changed. But since you focused, it all reverts back to your original name. Sort of like it is on this thread since you started it. That's why it says your real name: dillanharp.
Actually your display name and your account name are separate things, so when you focus, it reverts to your account name, why I don't know. That shit was 5 years ago so who knows, but thanks for throwing it out there again, fuck face.

I want you to know that no combat vet will ever take your ass seriously with your art therapy shit. Keep sucking Lucas' uncut French dick Luke.

Ps, your wife looks like a bull dike.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 167
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #213 on: October 18, 2015, 11:32:01 AM »
Someone has the entire Sahara desert all up in his vagina.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2534
« Reply #214 on: October 18, 2015, 11:40:09 AM »
Poor Dillan...
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

« Reply #215 on: October 18, 2015, 07:20:37 PM »
Boy, was I fucked up last night. Regardless, fuck KC and Hate is still an incorrigible douche.

French manicure

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #216 on: October 18, 2015, 10:16:03 PM »
Damn!  Mets are rolling they got to Jake as well; Cubbies gotta get it together and fast.  :-\

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #217 on: October 18, 2015, 10:33:24 PM »
I'm rooting for the Jays cause Josh Donaldson was amazing for my A's last year and Tulo is a local boy. My second choice would be the Cubs so Doc could be proved right but yea we see how that's going.
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

MaryhillVibe

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 151
  • gfm
    • www.mudozine.com avatar image
« Reply #218 on: October 20, 2015, 09:07:17 AM »
Expand Quote

EDIT: And just an FYI, I knew it bugged you that your full name was on here since that's what you chose as your original name and then requested that it be changed. But since you focused, it all reverts back to your original name. Sort of like it is on this thread since you started it. That's why it says your real name: dillanharp.
[close]
Actually your display name and your account name are separate things, so when you focus, it reverts to your account name, why I don't know. That shit was 5 years ago so who knows, but thanks for throwing it out there again, fuck face.

I want you to know that no combat vet will ever take your ass seriously with your art therapy shit. Keep sucking Lucas' uncut French dick Luke.

Your wife looks...divorced.

via

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 239
« Reply #219 on: October 20, 2015, 11:08:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

« Reply #220 on: October 20, 2015, 01:53:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

What?... Don't you live in a van?

Cueto got rocked so hard he started whining about stealing signs. Volquez said "hide your shit better..."

French manicure

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #221 on: October 20, 2015, 08:16:19 PM »
Fuck me man this is killing me.  We've got no answers for the Mets pitching staff. 

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #222 on: October 20, 2015, 08:37:41 PM »
Great day to be a Mets fan. Murphy is on fire, up 3-0 on the road.. The Cubs are going down like broke dick losers, Schwarber cant even catch a fly ball. ALL Chicago hitters are suddenly easy outs. 0-25 lead off hitting  :-\

Hash Slinging Slasher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #224 on: October 21, 2015, 05:04:58 AM »
Luke, if you happen to come across someone willing to part with one of those kcfd royals hats, I'd like one. I missed the window on production. I read that they will be making more, but I want it NOW!!

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #225 on: October 21, 2015, 05:23:12 AM »
Cool, thanks.

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #226 on: October 21, 2015, 07:51:58 PM »
Damn, I'm surprised that the Cubs haven't squeaked out at least one win.  KC absolutely demolished Toronto.  I'm not 100% on taking it today though I think Volquez is the best man for the job.  Still, really pleased at how well KC is doing.
I'm stoked on Volquez and Cueto doing well, they're both former Cincinnati Reds. And the Reds suck so bad that the only thing I can get stoked on is seeing guys that used to play here do well for other teams.

Tracer

• Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #227 on: October 21, 2015, 08:50:33 PM »
Come beat the Mets! What a series total domination. Cubs looked like they had a plane to catch.

Kansas City vs NYM, might be the worst rated WS ever but this has to be good for the game. I predict Kansas will pitch their way to victory

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #228 on: October 21, 2015, 08:57:12 PM »
Good goddmamn... Mets full on diapered and powdered the poor Cubs. 

The Mets pitching is so goddamn good it's really going to be hard to stop them.  Not that the AL is over by any means but whomever the victor is going to seriously have to small ball their way to victory (and the Royals are good at that, so they have a good shot).

Quick sidenote... it's pretty clear that the way to get to Cueto is through is head.  The Pirates fans proved this a few years back when they beat the Reds in the wildcard game.. the crowd chanted "CUEEEEE_TOOOO" all night till he was dropping balls, tripping all over himself till their manager showed mercy and took him out.  Blue Jays did the same thing a few days ago and it worked. 

Worst rated?? Anytime a NY team is in the playoffs it''ll be a ratings bonanza

French manicure

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #229 on: October 21, 2015, 09:02:33 PM »
Welp, that sucked.  It was a fun season though 97 wins, knocked out the Cards which is good.  It was a blast watching Jake pitch this second half.  Got a good young core of players, need to find some pitching though outside of Jon/Jake because clearly Hammel, Hendricks, etc won't cut it. 

I'll now be watching and hoping the Royals can pull it off since my best friend is a die hard KC fan. 

GoodguyEh

• Rep: 0
« Reply #230 on: October 21, 2015, 09:44:13 PM »
 Estrada's got one hell of a sinker.

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #231 on: October 22, 2015, 01:57:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Damn, I'm surprised that the Cubs haven't squeaked out at least one win.  KC absolutely demolished Toronto.  I'm not 100% on taking it today though I think Volquez is the best man for the job.  Still, really pleased at how well KC is doing.
[close]
I'm stoked on Volquez and Cueto doing well, they're both former Cincinnati Reds. And the Reds suck so bad that the only thing I can get stoked on is seeing guys that used to play here do well for other teams.
welcome to my life as an Oakland A's fan bruh. Go Cespedes! or something.
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
« Reply #232 on: October 22, 2015, 01:43:12 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Well I guess a redeeming factor is y'all have Joey Votto. One of my favorites, such great hitting mechanics. Think his numbers this season were pretty damn close to his MVP year.
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #233 on: October 23, 2015, 09:22:46 PM »
2nd and 3rd with no outs and the Jays blow it. Given to them on a platter.

All due respect Hate, go mother fucking Mets.

Fuck Ventura I hope he gets a fastball in his earhole

Tracer

« Reply #234 on: October 23, 2015, 09:28:14 PM »
Not bunting with the runner on 2nd is inexcusable. Typical Jays choke, atleast the better team won

GoodguyEh

• Rep: 0
« Reply #235 on: October 24, 2015, 12:23:05 AM »
A wins a win, but that was straight up fan interference. No way that would have gone over

Tracer

« Reply #236 on: October 24, 2015, 11:48:04 AM »
Anything that's hit hard enough it doesn't come back is a Homer. Especially with today's hitters we need all the runs possible.

Nick..

• Rep: 10
« Reply #237 on: October 25, 2015, 12:50:44 PM »
93 wins, and I got to finally see the Jays play in the playoffs for the first time in my lifetime. Couldn't be more proud to be a Jays fan and I'm excited to see what the future has in store. I'll never forget this season, it was definitely one to remember.

Tracer

« Reply #238 on: October 25, 2015, 04:43:14 PM »
93 wins, and I got to finally see the Jays play in the playoffs for the first time in my lifetime. Couldn't be more proud to be a Jays fan and I'm excited to see what the future has in store. I'll never forget this season, it was definitely one to remember.
They should erect a Donaldson statue infront of skydome, MVP season. Get rid of Tulo and Dickey if possible. Pitching just didn't hold up

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #239 on: October 25, 2015, 06:10:35 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
They should erect a Donaldson statue infront of skydome, MVP season. Get rid of Tulo and Dickey if possible. Pitching just didn't hold up

Donaldson can polish that MVP trophy all he wants, but going 0 for 5 and making the last out with runners and 2nd and 3rd is a major choke in this reporters opinion. 

David Price pitched great and he's gonna catch flack for his post-season record, which I guess is fair, but not for that game. 

That home run robbery was the biggest blown call of the year.

Still, the better team won, and we are getting the two best teams in the majors by far.  No fluke hot streaks.  Gonna be a great series