Author Topic: Girl Deck Shapes  (Read 83225 times)

burn_to_live

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -26
  • You had to be there.
Re: Girl Deck Shapes
« Reply #60 on: November 02, 2018, 08:26:50 PM »
What's the concave on the new Girl wood?
Gonna go down to the Bronx and hang out with the gonx

Hypnotoad

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 156
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #61 on: November 04, 2018, 05:15:42 PM »
What's the concave on the new Girl wood?

Minimal

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1566
« Reply #62 on: November 04, 2018, 06:07:29 PM »
That kinda sucks...it might just be their preference but with the majority of the companies using a mellow generator mold....a bit of more concave would get me hyped....

tony volume

• Rep: -13
« Reply #63 on: November 05, 2018, 10:41:01 PM »
I have the Sub Pop Cory Kennedy shape. It feels really good. It is 9.25 and I think it is different from the phawt shape. Anyone else know the difference?

Brad Breath

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #64 on: November 08, 2018, 12:27:13 PM »
Any concave on Girl decks these days?

Looking at the 8.5”. g033 shape

baustin

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 115
« Reply #65 on: November 08, 2018, 12:54:01 PM »

Looked at a g023 a few weeks ago and it was very mellow, like most (all?) of their decks. I think it's just their thing.

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #66 on: November 08, 2018, 01:38:42 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Looked at a g023 a few weeks ago and it was very mellow, like most (all?) of their decks. I think it's just their thing.

Yeah all their decks are mellow. It's weird cause I usually only skate steep decks and hate flat ones, but the crailtaps work for some reason. I really like their shapes.

Lorn Au Arcos

• Rep: -4
« Reply #67 on: November 08, 2018, 03:50:34 PM »
G023 is super mellow (8.125 * 14 inch wheelbase)
G026 is same width and wheelbase but much more concave

baustin

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 115
« Reply #68 on: November 08, 2018, 06:38:52 PM »

Interesting. I’ve skated both and I usually go for more concave but I much preferred the g023 over the g026. For me the tail on the g026 had that flat feeling like it was already cracked and I couldn’t 360 flip on it, it drove me nuts even though it was probably all in my head

bigstevefitnessmodel

• Rep: 0
« Reply #69 on: November 09, 2018, 03:08:19 AM »
Just setting up a G027 board now, it looks great testing it out tomorrow.
I've noticed the nose is shorter and mellower than the tail, the opposite of any board I've ever skated, how do people find this? I'm keen to try it out for myself

oneOone

• Rep: 3
« Reply #70 on: November 09, 2018, 04:11:07 AM »
Just setting up a G027 board now, it looks great testing it out tomorrow.
I've noticed the nose is shorter and mellower than the tail, the opposite of any board I've ever skated, how do people find this? I'm keen to try it out for myself

Had the G008 from the "improved wood" which had similar feeling, did not like it and gave it away after 2 or 3 sessions. 

Lorn Au Arcos

« Reply #71 on: November 09, 2018, 07:12:18 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Interesting. I’ve skated both and I usually go for more concave but I much preferred the g023 over the g026. For me the tail on the g026 had that flat feeling like it was already cracked and I couldn’t 360 flip on it, it drove me nuts even though it was probably all in my head

I typically only ride G023. I got a couple G026 and literally could not stand it. Short tail or something? I don't know it just did not work. Did feel like there was more concave though. Might just be the difference of top deck of the press or the bottom deck. I seriously doubt they are single pressing boards.

Ducky Fucky

• Rep: -75
« Reply #72 on: November 09, 2018, 04:11:28 PM »
Aren't they made in Cambodia ?  I don't fuck with girl or chocolate. Thanks.

Lurk or die

« Reply #73 on: December 05, 2018, 02:43:58 PM »
Does anyone know the name of this shape? I remember a bunch of Elijah's boards were put on sale with this shape, right before he went to FA.

8.375 x 31.4 (14" wheelbase)

http://socalskateshop.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=81293

nosneb

• Rep: 78
« Reply #74 on: December 05, 2018, 03:21:26 PM »
G027 shape

Lurk or die

« Reply #75 on: December 05, 2018, 04:46:35 PM »
That's what so cal says, but I thought G027 shape was 8.25x31.625?

schralp pal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 255
« Reply #76 on: December 06, 2018, 10:46:07 AM »
Just got a girl Kennedy 8.25 go27 shape mostly popsicle shaped

SoCal might have it wrong

Not Local

« Reply #77 on: December 08, 2018, 10:41:28 PM »
Had a good few sessions on my Chico now. Have to say the Crail wood impressed me at first (snappy and responsive) but its totally mushed out at this point. I haven't been skating much due to an injury and its mostly been flat and curbs. Anyway, great shape, nice mellow concave but really lost its 'pop' pretty quick compared to Generator and South Central boards. Can barely ollie on it now its that much of a wet noodle. Got one more Crail board (CK phawt shape) in my pile and depending on how that goes my flirtation with Crail wood might be done.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 10:45:20 PM by Not Local »

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #78 on: December 09, 2018, 06:37:46 PM »
Had a good few sessions on my Chico now. Have to say the Crail wood impressed me at first (snappy and responsive) but its totally mushed out at this point. I haven't been skating much due to an injury and its mostly been flat and curbs. Anyway, great shape, nice mellow concave but really lost its 'pop' pretty quick compared to Generator and South Central boards. Can barely ollie on it now its that much of a wet noodle. Got one more Crail board (CK phawt shape) in my pile and depending on how that goes my flirtation with Crail wood might be done.
that sucks to hear! I haven't ridden crail in I can't even remember how long but Chico really got me stoked on those boards so I'm really looking forward to setting it up. I hope you just got a dud in the pile and that your CK board works better for you

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Not Local

« Reply #79 on: December 09, 2018, 09:18:54 PM »
Like I said, it was great while it lasted. Maybe I did get a lemon who knows... I usually ride boards until they break, crack or the razor tail is sketchy. This is the first time in a long time, I've had to put  deck to bed because its simply unusable...

roba

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 713
« Reply #80 on: December 11, 2018, 12:36:57 PM »
what's the wheelbase on the G033?
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

nosneb

• Rep: 78
« Reply #81 on: December 11, 2018, 01:50:51 PM »

Not Local

« Reply #82 on: December 19, 2018, 08:11:00 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
that sucks to hear! I haven't ridden crail in I can't even remember how long but Chico really got me stoked on those boards so I'm really looking forward to setting it up. I hope you just got a dud in the pile and that your CK board works better for you

Just set up the CK. Its warped. I'm not super picky with my boards but this is likely my last Crail board. Glad I got it on sale.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #83 on: December 19, 2018, 04:48:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Just set up the CK. Its warped. I'm not super picky with my boards but this is likely my last Crail board. Glad I got it on sale.
ugh, that sucks! I only bought the Chico board because of Chico but it looks like we won't be seeing anymore of those ... I wonder who will end up picking him and his big boy shape up?

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Coffee

• Rep: 36
« Reply #84 on: December 20, 2018, 10:40:55 AM »
I was about to pull the trigger on a Yonnie deck with the 8.12x31.3 with the 14” wheelbase until I saw Real has a Busenitz with basically the same dimensions so I’m going to have my shop order it instead.

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #85 on: December 23, 2018, 08:29:25 AM »
I was about to pull the trigger on a Yonnie deck with the 8.12x31.3 with the 14” wheelbase until I saw Real has a Busenitz with basically the same dimensions so I’m going to have my shop order it instead.

That 8.12x31.3 crail shape is the best and I'd pick it 100 times over before going with the deluxe 8.12x31.25 one. Both are good but goddamn I love that crail shape.

Then again, deluxe wood....

Coffee

• Rep: 36
« Reply #86 on: December 23, 2018, 12:09:46 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That 8.12x31.3 crail shape is the best and I'd pick it 100 times over before going with the deluxe 8.12x31.25 one. Both are good but goddamn I love that crail shape.

Then again, deluxe wood....

I love the crail shapes but the deluxe wood is unbeatable.

handsclapanin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #87 on: January 10, 2019, 08:49:19 PM »
Just finished skating a Mike Carroll g016. 8.375. The tail was really small, only 6.3. At first I hated that. I kept whiffing on my pop. I almost took it off right away. But that's not my style. I'll suffer through it. Eventually, I figured out if I slowed down my pop in my back leg, it worked. It worked better with less effort. Kind of strange. I kept having to remind myself of this. Less force.
Shape wise, pointy and flat.
Wood wise, not bad at all. I skated it for 5 or 6 weeks. And it had at least another week of life,  but I slammed and it shot into traffic. Some jackass went out of his way to run it  over.
I'm on a bareback now, killing floor, and I'm having issues getting used to the normal, bigger tail. I had a feeling this would happen. I've got a stevie Perez g030 on deck. Also a 8.375, but bigger tail and wheelbase. And the shape looks more full. I like how all the measurements are listed on the top.

Adriana Victoria Munoz

« Reply #88 on: February 27, 2019, 09:33:47 AM »
Good enough for Ben Degros, good enough for me!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVUB0HDQMTs

BMCsteve

• Rep: 54
« Reply #89 on: February 27, 2019, 09:38:41 AM »
Just a heads up that Crail has a new 8.5 shape out, the G053.  Unlike their other boards, it has a deep concave and a longer WB

SIZE   8.5
WIDTH (IN):   8.5
LENGTH (IN):   32.0
WHEELBASE (IN):   14.438
NOSE (IN):   6.875
TAIL (IN):   6.488
CONCAVE (IN):   .5