Author Topic: DLX Shapes  (Read 225689 times)

hobochimp

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
Re: DLX Shapes
« Reply #960 on: March 12, 2021, 09:18:36 PM »
Anyone got details on this deck

Looks like another Beamer shaped deck. Those big ones Gonz is always riding. Could also be one of those fish shapes but the carving into the deck looks more like the Beamer but I could be totally wrong

Fooj

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: 180
« Reply #961 on: March 12, 2021, 10:29:59 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Looks like another Beamer shaped deck. Those big ones Gonz is always riding. Could also be one of those fish shapes but the carving into the deck looks more like the Beamer but I could be totally wrong
Yeah i figured that, wasnt sure if it was for someone else besides gonz. Or if the measurements were leaked.  Ill need to figure out were to pick one up monday

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #962 on: March 13, 2021, 06:47:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Yeah i figured that, wasnt sure if it was for someone else besides gonz. Or if the measurements were leaked.  Ill need to figure out were to pick one up monday

The Evil Beemer 399 made this time, 10.75 x 34 (note spelling is BEEMER not beamer)

Saw one or two in all the accounts and shops I follow but I really don't know who.

Some on ebay from the last lot

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-2020-Pure-Evil-Krooked-Beamer-Skateboard-Deck-by-Mark-Gonzales-55-of-350-/324191922147

Some info on production here for a previous one

https://www.tactics.com/krooked/gonz-pure-evil-ii-beemer-1075-ltd-skateboard-deck

Also at 2:40 in the Stock Report video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBy2t_OgSWQ
I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #963 on: March 13, 2021, 06:53:55 AM »
Seems crazy if these things are as limited as they seem.

Some awesome close up pics here of the previous one too

https://releases.slamcity.com/products/krooked-10-75-gonz-pure-evil-beemer-skateboard-deck

KROOKED 10.75 GONZ PURE EVIL BEEMER SKATEBOARD DECK
Regular price$293.00
Sold Out

Raffle will finish on or before Friday, 22nd May.

Note this will only be shipped to UK residents.

Limited to one entry per person. Multiple entries will result in all your entries being cancelled.

Entry does not guarantee purchase.

A pending payment will be taken per entry, but you will not be charged unless successful. If you are unsuccessful your pending charge will be cancelled and your funds released. It may take up to 5 working days to see your funds in your account.

Krooked 10.75 Gonz Pure Evil Beemer Skateboard Deck

• Krooked Mark Gonzales designed deck
• Custom Gonz shape
• Individually pressed
• Applied with assorted colours and custom cuts
• Number 350 of 350 worldwide
• Width 10.75”
• Length 34"
• Wheelbase 16"

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 595
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #964 on: March 13, 2021, 10:19:07 AM »
Any opinions on forged 139 Indys with a 14.38 wb?
I usually ride a 14 - 14.25 wb.
But that can't be too much of a difference or?
Fuckin rain since a week and the madness kicks in.
IG: @flowterspace

Fooj

« Reply #965 on: March 13, 2021, 10:20:08 AM »
Called dlx, theyre not sure theyll have it in when it drops monday but might do a raffle for a couple mid-week. The shops around me didnt really know about it or if theyre getting them in, guess itll take some luck to snag one

Fooj

« Reply #966 on: March 13, 2021, 10:20:47 AM »

you skating standards, forged or mids?

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 595
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #967 on: March 13, 2021, 10:22:52 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I am on the forged hollow 139 Koston Indy's.
IG: @flowterspace

Fooj

« Reply #968 on: March 13, 2021, 10:29:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I am on the forged hollow 139 Koston Indy's.

Trucks aside, Im in the 14-14.12 boat and unless you got long enough legs, the 14.38 just feels super long and clumpsy compared to what im used to.  Felt like i had to slide way longer before flicking, and had to pop a little further away from the ledge for 180 to grind tricks.  But maybe youll actually like it better.

Looks dlx 14.38 tails are all 6.5" long too, so ghost-pop wise youll probably get the same reaction that you got from the shorter dlx decks.  It might just lag more sucking up to your feet due to the WB. Ive always been a bigger fan of thunder cast on 6.5" tails tho, but thats me.

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #969 on: March 14, 2021, 11:02:29 AM »
DLX wood heads: is there a short WB and length Deluxe/BBS shape similar to the Julien/Real red Oval 8.12” x 31.38” x 14”, but slightly wider –– either 8.38 or 8.25? A step further, in case there is, with a mellower/more tapered nose  –– I can't stand the FA/Quasi platypus noses, functionally and aesthetically.

Ultimately I'm just asking about BBS wood; it's fine if it's not from Deluxe. Thanks in advance.

closest I could find to your description. This is skate warehouse though, so take those dimensions with a grain of salt..... 🧂 8.18”x31.3 14”wb I’m not sure if it’s the same shape you were describing.
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

CaderSk8r

• Rep: 19
« Reply #970 on: March 14, 2021, 11:54:47 AM »
Thanks very much for making the effort, but yeah, that's the shape in question; the whole thing is wider than that 8.12", either 8.38" or 8.25".

What about the 8.28?

Dan Gerous

« Reply #971 on: March 14, 2021, 02:01:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Thanks very much for making the effort, but yeah, that's the shape in question; the whole thing is wider than that 8.12", either 8.38" or 8.25".
[close]

What about the 8.28?
The 8.28 is Mason's shape, it's a bit longer both overall at 31.7 and with a 14.12 wheelbase compared to what Juliet Berto is asking for. Could be close enough or too far off depending who you ask.

Wizard0f0dds

• Rep: 72
« Reply #972 on: March 15, 2021, 08:36:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

What about the 8.28?
[close]
The 8.28 is Mason's shape, it's a bit longer both overall at 31.7 and with a 14.12 wheelbase compared to what Juliet Berto is asking for. Could be close enough or too far off depending who you ask.

That actually sounds pretty good! Is it a full shape or a bit tapered?

Dan Gerous

« Reply #973 on: March 15, 2021, 10:28:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

What about the 8.28?
[close]
[close]

It looks a little bit tapered from pictures I have seen, maybe less in the nose than the tail, but it's always more reliable to judge in real life because of camera lens distortions.

Gary Bucket

• Rep: 42
« Reply #974 on: April 04, 2021, 09:54:03 AM »
On the 8.06 Ishod Natas SE coming off a run of 8.06x14.38x31.8. Nose and tail maybe look blunter cuz of the shortness but I feel like the shape isn’t different. Definitely seeing the love on manuals. The balance point is so easy to find and it just stays locked. Feels like I’m getting a little more pop too. Slight curve on flick zones and transition but definitely a great board. I’m 5’10 and not very leggy so I was intrigued to try one and would definitely recommend to anyone of the same build.

Edit: riding Indy hollows. Haven’t messed with other trucks in a minute, if there’s another that works on 14”wb I’m due soon so lemme know

Only gripe is does anyone find that Real, Krooked graphics chip while AH do a nice smudge? Small potatoes but ever the more pleasing. Dream board is 8.06 AH SE slick, wax be damned
« Last Edit: April 04, 2021, 11:38:25 AM by Gary Gloverberg »

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 939
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #975 on: April 04, 2021, 02:56:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

What about the 8.28?
[close]
[close]

[close]
It looks a little bit tapered from pictures I have seen, maybe less in the nose than the tail, but it's always more reliable to judge in real life because of camera lens distortions.

It's not tapered

z_tx

• Rep: 26
« Reply #976 on: April 04, 2021, 03:23:10 PM »
top view of mason 8.28

shawngreg

• Rep: 64
« Reply #977 on: April 11, 2021, 06:07:30 AM »
i’ve never rode an eagle before but am becoming increasingly more interested in them.  my last few boards have been 8.5 quasi’s, 14.25 wb and big noses.  any bro’s tried both out and have an opinion?

Quantum_Bearing_Science

• Rep: 89
    • Quantum Bearings avatar image
« Reply #978 on: April 11, 2021, 08:32:04 AM »
I miss the 8.5 FULL shape.  Not the FULL SE but the original 8.5 FULL (with the longer overall length and longer wheelbase).

I rode 5-6 of those.

It’d be cool if you’d bring it back, Deluxe. 
http://www.quantumbearing.science/

Instagram
@quantumbearings

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #979 on: April 11, 2021, 08:52:04 AM »
i’ve never rode an eagle before but am becoming increasingly more interested in them.  my last few boards have been 8.5 quasi’s, 14.25 wb and big noses.  any bro’s tried both out and have an opinion?

The dlx 8.5 is probably my most skated shape these days. It’s a super good all around board. I’d say it skates like a slightly smaller board though. The quasi 8.5 is definitely a true 8.5 and has a lot of room to put your feet on. I’m a size 12 shoe so this is pretty important to me. Coming from that quasi shape you’ll definitely feel like you have a little less room on the deck with the dlx 8.5 but it won’t feel too different overall. The wb is the same so your pop won’t feel too different. I’d say go ahead and try it out. It’s a super great shape for any type of skating really. I skate a lot of bowls with no problems and pop onto ledges and do slappies all on the same setup.

shawngreg

« Reply #980 on: April 11, 2021, 02:22:43 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The dlx 8.5 is probably my most skated shape these days. It’s a super good all around board. I’d say it skates like a slightly smaller board though. The quasi 8.5 is definitely a true 8.5 and has a lot of room to put your feet on. I’m a size 12 shoe so this is pretty important to me. Coming from that quasi shape you’ll definitely feel like you have a little less room on the deck with the dlx 8.5 but it won’t feel too different overall. The wb is the same so your pop won’t feel too different. I’d say go ahead and try it out. It’s a super great shape for any type of skating really. I skate a lot of bowls with no problems and pop onto ledges and do slappies all on the same setup.

awesome, thank you for the reply man. i’m a size 13 myself so you and likely have similar concerns haha. i’ll likely scoop one just to have on hand after your post tho!

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #981 on: April 11, 2021, 02:48:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

awesome, thank you for the reply man. i’m a size 13 myself so you and likely have similar concerns haha. i’ll likely scoop one just to have on hand after your post tho!

No problem man! Can’t recommend that shape enough, it really is fantastic. I really like them once they’ve broken in a little bit too and flattened out a little. Been trying out ventures lately and it’s been a great pairing

shawngreg

« Reply #982 on: April 11, 2021, 06:08:36 PM »
i’m a strict venture guy the past 2 years, so now you really done did the damn thang!   8)

Sedition

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
  • Fuck the revoltion. Bring on the apocalypse.
    • ThePastParticple avatar image
« Reply #983 on: April 30, 2021, 11:50:30 AM »
The standard DLX decks have I - IV Roman numerals on the top. I occasionally see ones withOUT the Roman numeral. Instead, they just have a single dot. Anyone know what the deal those decks are?

Also, just picked up one of the 8.28 (not seen this shaped around much in awhile) Natas/Silva decks. They are listed as having a 14.1" wheelbase. Mine has a measured 14.25" wheelbase. When I had the 8.28 awhile back, it had a 14.1". Weird.
IG: ThePastParticiple

DLX 8.25  |  144 Forged  |  53mm Classic  |  Super Swiss 6

"Everything has been figured out, except how to live." -Sartre

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #984 on: April 30, 2021, 09:29:24 PM »
The standard DLX decks have I - IV Roman numerals on the top. I occasionally see ones withOUT the Roman numeral. Instead, they just have a single dot. Anyone know what the deal those decks are?

Also, just picked up one of the 8.28 (not seen this shaped around much in awhile) Natas/Silva decks. They are listed as having a 14.1" wheelbase. Mine has a measured 14.25" wheelbase. When I had the 8.28 awhile back, it had a 14.1". Weird.

How's life after covid?

Some haven't had the I to IV stamp I have bought too, no different besides not immediately knowing which number but when I have compared them to others, I worked it out fairly quickly.  Still the same wood, quality, etc.

Given they press up to 10,000 boards a day or whatever it was when they did that interview coming out of covid closures, I am sure some might be missed when stamping, or wood taken from a different allocation, eg meant for another brand that doesn't have the number system in place from the press.

As to that deck, check all measurements as I have heard from others on here that those boards got mixed up with a few others including the twin tails, so that would be weird to get a twin on a normal graphic, but maybe worse to order a twin and get a normal deck.

toque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
    • Portmanteau avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #985 on: April 30, 2021, 11:37:30 PM »
I had one of these and loved it then could never find another. Would love if they brought it back

I miss the 8.5 FULL shape.  Not the FULL SE but the original 8.5 FULL (with the longer overall length and longer wheelbase).

I rode 5-6 of those.

It’d be cool if you’d bring it back, Deluxe.

wheee!

Sedition

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #986 on: May 03, 2021, 05:02:17 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

How's life after covid?

Some haven't had the I to IV stamp I have bought too, no different besides not immediately knowing which number but when I have compared them to others, I worked it out fairly quickly.  Still the same wood, quality, etc.

Given they press up to 10,000 boards a day or whatever it was when they did that interview coming out of covid closures, I am sure some might be missed when stamping, or wood taken from a different allocation, eg meant for another brand that doesn't have the number system in place from the press.

As to that deck, check all measurements as I have heard from others on here that those boards got mixed up with a few others including the twin tails, so that would be weird to get a twin on a normal graphic, but maybe worse to order a twin and get a normal deck.

The "dot" pre-dates Covid. Albeit, I've not seen it in some time. Some years back I started keeping an Excel spreadsheet on deck dimensions I've had. The current 8.28" matched-up with the last time I had one (circa 2017), except for the wheelbase.

Also, life post Covid was good (thank you for asking)...until Vans re-designed the Pro series. :)

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -765
« Reply #987 on: May 03, 2021, 12:19:56 PM »
After many frustrating sessions and much suspicion.

I measured my Real SE, Zion Wright (yes he's a total kook) deck I ordered. It is 8.5 not 8.25

So annoyed.

I know it's not the biggest issue in the world but I'm on a budget currently and it may be awhile til I can get another.
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #988 on: May 03, 2021, 05:20:35 PM »
After many frustrating sessions and much suspicion.

I measured my Real SE, Zion Wright (yes he's a total kook) deck I ordered. It is 8.5 not 8.25

So annoyed.

I know it's not the biggest issue in the world but I'm on a budget currently and it may be awhile til I can get another.

Did it have the usual silver foil size sticker on it?

Pic of the board or link or anything?

I know they re released a lot of boards, some of which were not quite as per what the listings said in dimensions, but an 8.25 and 8.5 are pretty big differences (compared to people saying the 8.5 were more like 8.3 in size previously).

Curious to hear or see regardless.

Sedition

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #989 on: May 06, 2021, 09:47:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

How's life after covid?

[close]

The "dot" pre-dates Covid. Albeit, I've not seen it in some time. Some years back I started keeping an Excel spreadsheet on deck dimensions I've had. The current 8.28" matched-up with the last time I had one (circa 2017), except for the wheelbase.

Also, life post Covid was good (thank you for asking)...until Vans re-designed the Pro series. :)

And more DLX madness. Friend also just got the 8.28 Mason/Natas deck. His had a Roman numeral stamp, AND clearly had the 14.1 wheelbase. So, the problem I'm now having...I am LOVING the Mason I have with the 14.25 wheelsbase, but I can't figure out what "other" shape it is. I'd love to get another one, but no other DLX deck seems to have those dimensions. The closest is the "8.4" (comes in at 8.25 for me), but it is also slightly wider and slightly longer (in the nose) than whatever the hell I am riding right now (e.g. the 8.28" with 14.25" wb). It's utter madness.