Author Topic: DLX Shapes  (Read 233815 times)

Lee Ralphs Dear Old Mum

Re: DLX Shapes
« Reply #570 on: February 22, 2019, 04:52:00 PM »
Currently riding a board with a 14.75 WB and I'm digging it. However, for a cruiser, I think a shorter WB and some soft 55-56's would be hella fun. Post that bish on the set ups thread if you haven't already!

The only thing that leaves me hesitant on that Cardiel shape is the length on it. I just started skatin 32.25 and unsure if I could go longer.

Going to be a little while until its set up. Got a couple of others to get through first.

weon

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • todo gratis todo gay
« Reply #571 on: March 13, 2019, 04:03:41 PM »
Sorry in advance since I posted this in the cruiser thread already, but still looking for some input.
I got this shop deck recently and they told me it was generator pressed and that they used an AH Grosso mould?
Anyone got any idea what board that could be? Dimensions are  ~9"W x 33"L x 14.75"WB

Lil' Wayne is more core than Jaden Smith.
Damn. Chico of Chocolate now Pyramids of Giza. What the hell is going on?

nosneb

• Rep: 90
« Reply #572 on: March 13, 2019, 04:17:04 PM »
Grosso has more squared off shape but it’s similar. Looks fun!

weon

• SLAP Pal
  • todo gratis todo gay
« Reply #573 on: March 13, 2019, 10:00:52 PM »
Grosso has more squared off shape but it’s similar. Looks fun!

yeeah those square nose ones were the only ones i could find so im thinking it might not be a grosso shape.
it is fun! widest board i've ever ridden and cruising feels so goood

Paco Supreme

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 540
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #574 on: March 13, 2019, 10:12:41 PM »
I’ve seen photos of Jeff skating something that looks similar, it might be a non production shape for him. He’s bound to have a few

weon

• SLAP Pal
  • todo gratis todo gay
« Reply #575 on: March 14, 2019, 12:32:32 AM »
I’ve seen photos of Jeff skating something that looks similar, it might be a non production shape for him. He’s bound to have a few

i did not consider that option; that'd be pretty rad!

shit_for_brains

« Reply #576 on: March 21, 2019, 05:18:50 PM »
This Ishod 8.25 twin tail is alright. It's a IV concave and I think I'd like a III better, and if I could pick I'd do a twin nose over twin tail. They're a little shorter and pointer than I'd prefer. Will probably go back to the Polar 8.25 or a Hockey shape I liked after this.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1580
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #577 on: March 21, 2019, 10:06:31 PM »
The shorter nose feels like it offsets the balance of the board a bit....nollie stuff was more challenging but switch off something shorter worked well....it's a shuv machine too....

landedprimo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
  • Become Pneuma
« Reply #578 on: March 26, 2019, 02:09:06 PM »
To add in my 2 cents, I recently got the Real Brock x D.A.D.S Saveit 8.25 and I fucking love it. Stamped II, so steeper concave, but nothing that feels like standing on the board primo.

Great pockets. They feel comfy and safe.
I don’t care what anyone says, a tit mouse’s tibia is a thing of beauty.
The streets await

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 87
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #579 on: March 27, 2019, 09:54:57 AM »
Sorry in advance since I posted this in the cruiser thread already, but still looking for some input.
I got this shop deck recently and they told me it was generator pressed and that they used an AH Grosso mould?
Anyone got any idea what board that could be? Dimensions are  ~9"W x 33"L x 14.75"WB

isn't that the shaped eagle? I cannot remember the name of it but 'm sure they did a 9".

Maybe the Orange Crusher...
The '80s were the worst period. You had these horrible pop bands growing their hair and calling themselves metal.

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #580 on: March 27, 2019, 10:20:59 AM »
This Ishod 8.25 twin tail is alright. It's a IV concave and I think I'd like a III better, and if I could pick I'd do a twin nose over twin tail. They're a little shorter and pointer than I'd prefer. Will probably go back to the Polar 8.25 or a Hockey shape I liked after this.
A twin nose would be great, or a twin somethin' between a nose and a tail, never got the chance to try the Ishod one

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 998
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #581 on: March 27, 2019, 10:27:25 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
A twin nose would be great, or a twin somethin' between a nose and a tail, never got the chance to try the Ishod one

Someone needs to make a twin kick, something that isn't a nose or a tail but a hybrid, like the old Mystery Symetry decks.

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
« Reply #582 on: March 27, 2019, 10:33:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Someone needs to make a twin kick, something that isn't a nose or a tail but a hybrid, like the old Mystery Symetry decks.

ive said for several years. twin nose gerwer AH deck. 8.06 and im in.

Hefe43

• Rep: 176
« Reply #583 on: March 27, 2019, 04:41:21 PM »
Any chance of a 9x32 with a wheelbase sub 15”?

I like the orange eagle but I setup a kader that’s 32 as opposed to 33 1/4. It feels great.

The eagle is sick but there’s a lot of board basically doing nothing. All the extra length is in the nose of the eagle. The tail is only like a 1/4 inch longer than the kader. It’s weird.

None of the other AH setups I have are nearly as long and I got that old yeller with the 16” wb.

Most of the AH setups I have are 15” wb so I don’t think that’s the issue. It just feels like I’m skating on the back half of that eagle instead of the whole board
Tyshawn seems like the kind of guy to hate everyone at least a little bit

This Thing Of Ours

tony volume

• Rep: -13
« Reply #584 on: March 28, 2019, 05:57:17 PM »
Any chance of a 9x32 with a wheelbase sub 15”?

I like the orange eagle but I setup a kader that’s 32 as opposed to 33 1/4. It feels great.

The eagle is sick but there’s a lot of board basically doing nothing. All the extra length is in the nose of the eagle. The tail is only like a 1/4 inch longer than the kader. It’s weird.

None of the other AH setups I have are nearly as long and I got that old yeller with the 16” wb.

Most of the AH setups I have are 15” wb so I don’t think that’s the issue. It just feels like I’m skating on the back half of that eagle instead of the whole board

I think that old yeller is the same shape as the Gonz Roost 2 deck (the blue one) that I have. I’m digging the shape on it, and might pick it up for a back up. It’s my favorite cruiser, feels like a long board, but skateable.

D

• Rep: 2
« Reply #585 on: April 04, 2019, 04:07:02 PM »
anyone here familiar with what shape the cromer alligator krooked graphic is on? Looks pretty egg shaped online and none of the locals got it in yet. Based off how it looks in pics and brads bunt ep, I’m thinking of picking one up next.
I’m very athletic, I enjoy the arts.

nosneb

• Rep: 90
« Reply #586 on: April 05, 2019, 07:01:49 PM »
Its a tiny football shaped deck. Really fun

Violator

• Rep: 73
« Reply #587 on: April 06, 2019, 05:45:52 AM »
For anybody asking about twin nose decks, I saw this:
http://www.otherness-ish.com/main-store/doublebuttersjoeroberts

Otherness decks are made by generator

Hope this helps  :D

weon

• SLAP Pal
  • todo gratis todo gay
« Reply #588 on: April 06, 2019, 06:57:34 AM »

what makes them noses? the concave? jw since these are 6.5" and ishod's bobby's twin tails are 6.6"

Violator

• Rep: 73
« Reply #589 on: April 06, 2019, 08:51:35 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

what makes them noses? the concave? jw since these are 6.5" and ishod's bobby's twin tails are 6.6"

Not sure, sorry.  If I were to see one in person I'd be able to get a better idea.  My assumption is that they're more rounded off, as opposed to pointy, with a mellower concave as the noses on boards usually are.  or maybe it's just a marketing ploy (just 2 rounded off "tails").  I'm stumped.   :-[

Italianshredder96

• Rep: 8
« Reply #590 on: April 06, 2019, 08:58:40 AM »

Hope to find it some day in some European store... almost perfect on paper.

JK42

• Rep: 22
« Reply #591 on: April 27, 2019, 12:58:46 PM »
Currently skating a baker OG 8.475 shape, and as a relative newbie skater really liking the mellow concave and kicks. Finding the tail a bit pointy and short and wondered if DLX had something similar but with a longer fuller but still mellow tail.

roba

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 772
« Reply #592 on: April 27, 2019, 02:37:59 PM »
Currently skating a baker OG 8.475 shape, and as a relative newbie skater really liking the mellow concave and kicks. Finding the tail a bit pointy and short and wondered if DLX had something similar but with a longer fuller but still mellow tail.

i had an 8.5 navy antihero eagle deck and it felt pretty similar to the baker i had (same shape as you) but it had a bit more concave. the kicks are fuller though, i can take a photo of the shape with grip for you if you want.
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

JK42

• Rep: 22
« Reply #593 on: April 27, 2019, 03:41:31 PM »
Yeah that would be cool. I saw a guy on you tube talking about the I to IV numbering system for concave on real decks. But no idea how you ensure which you end up getting as no places online seem to detail this, so it’s a lucky dip.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1580
« Reply #594 on: April 27, 2019, 05:03:32 PM »
I'm sure a smaller shop would answer that.....

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 540
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #595 on: April 27, 2019, 06:16:08 PM »
I'm sure a smaller shop would answer that.....

This is pretty spot on, I’ve emailed smaller shops from out of state before buying things. Stupid questions too like top veneer stain or to see if it had a ps Stix seal if the brand was known to split productions

reverbtank

• Rep: 3
« Reply #596 on: April 28, 2019, 03:17:08 PM »
Does anyone know what the WB and length is of that 8.4 Real deck with the cop car and instructions on how to smash it was?

Think it was in last year’s spring or summer lineup.

Polarskatebro

• Rep: 0
« Reply #597 on: April 28, 2019, 03:36:15 PM »
Hey Slap Pals,

We're working to some new Deluxe deck shapes. Any shapes you like now that could use a tweak to make it perfect?

If anyone has any suggestions, ideas or input we'd love to hear them!
I really love the antihero 9” shaped deck, but if you could maybe make the nose a bit sharper pointed I would love it even more

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1324
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #598 on: April 28, 2019, 06:56:41 PM »
Does anyone know what the WB and length is of that 8.4 Real deck with the cop car and instructions on how to smash it was?

I don't know the board you're talking about but every Real 8.4 I just looked at has a 14.25 wb. I had a Cardiel Antihero last year that was the same dims and I'm gonna hazard a guess is the same shape. I really like that shape. That set up was stolen out of my car before I really even got a chance to ride it so I look wistfully at the AH 8.4s all the time. I've got other stuff to skate before I buy anything else but I'll likely get another one. Good to know that DLX has that shape for their other brands. Thanks for making me look that up.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

reverbtank

• Rep: 3
« Reply #599 on: April 28, 2019, 09:33:18 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I don't know the board you're talking about but every Real 8.4 I just looked at has a 14.25 wb. I had a Cardiel Antihero last year that was the same dims and I'm gonna hazard a guess is the same shape. I really like that shape. That set up was stolen out of my car before I really even got a chance to ride it so I look wistfully at the AH 8.4s all the time. I've got other stuff to skate before I buy anything else but I'll likely get another one. Good to know that DLX has that shape for their other brands. Thanks for making me look that up.

Nice!

I like it a lot too. Is that considered an SE (short wheelbase) for Real?

Jalopi has some short wheelbases to. We’ve got an 8.28 with a 14.1 WB at the shop right now. Deck is under 32” if I’m not mistaken too.