Author Topic: DLX Shapes  (Read 233196 times)

bombsaway86

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 160
Re: DLX Shapes
« Reply #1440 on: April 23, 2022, 10:06:30 PM »

Very nice. Looks like a lot of fun. Made me think of this image from a couple years ago

I wish they’d bring back the orange crusher, I loved that one

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1030
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1441 on: April 23, 2022, 11:14:12 PM »
Expand Quote

Very nice. Looks like a lot of fun. Made me think of this image from a couple years ago

[close]

I wish they’d bring back the orange crusher, I loved that one

I know it is not quite the same, but the normal orange eagle is pretty much that board without the square / shovel nose, so that might be why that one didn't make it back in the lineup.

Blue meanie and Green giant have been more unique so I guess are released on the regular, along with a few other shapes like the Huffer and the Beach Bum / Bummer and some Krooked boards too, which have good / fun shapes.

I know one guy who cut the nose down on a lot of bigger popsicles and shaped boards, which would work easily enough on the orange eagle, but is it worth the time and effort to change what is a pretty good / new deck anyway?

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

bombsaway86

• Rep: 160
« Reply #1442 on: April 24, 2022, 01:18:30 PM »

I know one guy who cut the nose down on a lot of bigger popsicles and shaped boards, which would work easily enough on the orange eagle, but is it worth the time and effort to change what is a pretty good / new deck anyway?

Unacceptable, I must have that extra 0.1” width and orange top stain. The madness will accept nothing less ha

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1443 on: April 24, 2022, 06:48:37 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Unacceptable, I must have that extra 0.1” width and orange top stain. The madness will accept nothing less ha

Ha yeah totally.

The one I had that I sat over the top of the orange eagle was the same, but we cannot let that stop the madness!!!

A bit more of a square tail seemed like it would have worked better for that shape, but there are plenty of other squared tails around so it doesn't really matter either way.

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #1444 on: April 27, 2022, 08:53:53 PM »

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1445 on: April 27, 2022, 10:27:59 PM »
https://www.tactics.com/anti-hero/kanfoush-grimple-balancing-act-855-guest-skateboard-deck

This a new one or is this the black widow shape?

It is the Kanfoush Yinzer shape, second from left in this lot.

I think it came out specifically for Kanfoush boards as his custom shape a few times now and then, but more recently in this graphic, now that one too.

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #1446 on: April 27, 2022, 10:29:56 PM »
Expand Quote

It is the Kanfoush Yinzer shape.

Ah I see. Dang we cannot get that black widow shape I guess

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1447 on: April 27, 2022, 10:33:07 PM »

I hadn't seen but AH has Drop 2 up now as well.

https://www.antiheroskateboards.com/

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1448 on: April 27, 2022, 10:43:10 PM »

If you were after a Black Widow shape, this is going to be about the closest you would get though.

This one is a little more square, but still has the shorter wheelbase and overall fairly normal dimensions too.

Looks like fun!

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1323
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #1449 on: April 28, 2022, 11:50:26 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

If you were after a Black Widow shape, this is going to be about the closest you would get though.

This one is a little more square, but still has the shorter wheelbase and overall fairly normal dimensions too.

Looks like fun!
If this helps at all, prior to the Curb Pit Yinzer, we hadn't gotten that shape since Summer 19. Same case for Dan's Rig. I can't remember when the last time I saw a Black Widow but hopefully we will see that one come back too now that the supply chain is slightly less borked.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Ronnie Rodriguez

« Reply #1450 on: April 28, 2022, 12:27:02 PM »
I seem to recall more than one poster on here saying that the Black Widow (8.5) and the Krooked Lil' Snuff (8.38) were actually identical shapes in spite of one being listed as wider than the other. This was back when both were plentiful.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1451 on: May 08, 2022, 09:33:08 PM »

I see the new Real catalog is up, which also brings back a few board shapes that people had been asking about.

https://www.realskateboards.com/

The 8.28 x 31.7 with 14.12 wb is the main one I was thinking about, but there are others there too.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 678
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1452 on: May 11, 2022, 08:14:49 AM »
new AH catalog

i see at the bottom they have these eagles next to this "Price Point" text

Did they just put the eagles in the catalogue twice to fill space? Or is there a shittier version of the eagle decks now seemingly in the exact same colours? just kinda confusing. I think "Wheel of antihero pricepoints" are the cheaper boards and they just put the eagles down there a 2nd time because they are also on the cheaper side.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1453 on: May 11, 2022, 08:40:23 AM »
new AH catalog
https://www.antiheroskateboards.com/spring22/ah-2022-spring2-catalog-07.jpg

https://www.antiheroskateboards.com/spring22/ah-2022-spring1-catalog-08.jpg

i see at the bottom they have these eagles next to this "Price Point" text

Did they just put the eagles in the catalogue twice to fill space? Or is there a shittier version of the eagle decks now seemingly in the exact same colours? just kinda confusing. I think "Wheel of antihero pricepoints" are the cheaper boards and they just put the eagles down there a 2nd time because they are also on the cheaper side.

Looks like it doesn't it, but I think there is an easier explanation:

The curb eagles were the end of the Drop 2 catalog and the lot under that were from Drop 1.

I guess because they left all of Drop 1 in there, some things come up twice.

Also to note the sizes of the pricepoint boards in the 8.5 size are still 8.5 x 32.25 with 14.38 wb (or at least the one I saw and checked was, including the sticker), but the DLX pricepoint catalogs have it at 32.18 as shown above.  Curious if they did mean to change the board sizes or something else happened, as that is the length of the Full SE boards in 8.38 that I have, but not the 8.5 sizes.

This is an old post, with the DLX stickers with the three different 8.5 sizes shown.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1454 on: May 11, 2022, 08:44:13 AM »

Shows the 8.5 size on the sticker different to the listing length on this one more clearly:

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 272
  • Just deck / woodshop info
« Reply #1455 on: May 19, 2022, 03:18:47 AM »

Good top views are always appreciated.

Meanwhile, I just got the Mason Silva Kelch hommage deck in the 8.75 flyer shape.... pretty nice.

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 504
« Reply #1456 on: May 19, 2022, 03:41:52 PM »

I hadn't seen but AH has Drop 2 up now as well.

https://www.antiheroskateboards.com/

i don't think i saw anyone mention it yet, but this flyer shape is smaller than the recently released real one at 8.75 it seems?

Dan Gerous

« Reply #1457 on: May 19, 2022, 05:01:36 PM »
Yes, that Gerwer is a smaller version of the Flyer shape used on the Real Mason Slick that measures true to size.
8.38 vs 8.75
31.3 vs 31.5
14.18 vs 14.25

There has been Grimple Stix boards using the 8.75 Flyer shape in the past though.

Expand Quote

Meanwhile, I just got the Mason Silva Kelch hommage deck in the 8.75 flyer shape.... pretty nice.

[close]

Top views are more important than the bottom if you ask me, gives a better view of the shape, plus I care more about top ply colors than graphics! ;D
« Last Edit: May 19, 2022, 05:22:28 PM by Dan Gerous »

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 504
« Reply #1458 on: May 19, 2022, 05:23:33 PM »
Yes, that Gerwer is a smaller version of the Flyer shape used on the Real Mason Slick that measures true to size.
8.38 vs 8.75
31.3 vs 31.5
14.18 vs 14.25

There has been Grimple Stix boards using the 8.75 Flyer shape in the past though.

Expand Quote

Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Top views are more important than the bottom if you ask me.

you're a dangerous man, dan gerous. was considering a heroin mini egg, but honestly the grimple flyer seems way more up my alley

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 577
« Reply #1459 on: May 20, 2022, 03:23:03 PM »

I see the new Real catalog is up, which also brings back a few board shapes that people had been asking about.

The 8.28 x 31.7 with 14.12 wb is the main one I was thinking about, but there are others there too.

oh man i'm not hyped on this graphic but the shape is so good. surprised Harry Lintell doesn't have a board in this shape dropping considering it's the shape he skates.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #1460 on: May 20, 2022, 09:39:47 PM »
DLX often does heat transfers for their riders onto their preferred shapes. That's how Ishod is always skating tons of standard shape graphics but on a twin tail.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1461 on: May 21, 2022, 05:24:33 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

oh man i'm not hyped on this graphic but the shape is so good. surprised Harry Lintell doesn't have a board in this shape dropping considering it's the shape he skates.

DLX often does heat transfers for their riders onto their preferred shapes. That's how Ishod is always skating tons of standard shape graphics but on a twin tail.

I feel like the team is so big that they don't do boards for every rider every drop, or every shape every drop - this catalog it is nine of twelve dudes on the pro team, one special board for Jaime Reyes and a TG board.

Harry might exclusively ride the 8.28 shape (as does Mason doesn't he?), but they like to mix it up with the catalogs as it means that someone like me who rides 8.38 or 8.5 can also have a Harry board occasionally, not just release the same size and shape that the pro actually rides with his own graphic every single time.

This catalog Harry has a Full SE 8.25 and Mason has the 8.28 and the 8.75 flyer, but next catalog he might have an 8.38 or something else.

I guess compared to some companies that just have a generic 8, 8.25, 8.38, 8.5 or so, with each graphic on every size, this is a bit better way to distribute the pro boards, different shapes and different graphics.

* I can definitely get that some boards and shapes and graphics can be more appealing to some people than others as well, so although this round might not be the one, the previous round might have been good and the next round might be more interesting too.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #1462 on: May 26, 2022, 09:28:04 AM »
Does anyone know if the AH misregister specs correct to what the sticker says? I’m wanting to pull the trigger but afraid dims be off. Or us that just real that has the weird off specs issue

Crabby_Bastard

• Rep: 55
« Reply #1463 on: May 26, 2022, 11:59:04 AM »
Does anyone know if the AH misregister specs correct to what the sticker says? I’m wanting to pull the trigger but afraid dims be off. Or us that just real that has the weird off specs issue

The 8.5 I checked out was actually an 8.5.
How much for an order of ribs?

FuzzGNU

• Rep: 194
  • The Spectre Haunting SLAP
« Reply #1464 on: May 26, 2022, 12:41:36 PM »
I know Real does those "Full" shapes. Do any other DLX brands do "Full" shapes?
Skateboarding is the ultimate challenge.

DRUNK_ASS_WIZARD

• Rep: 8
« Reply #1465 on: May 26, 2022, 02:52:06 PM »
THERE has used the 8.25 FULL a couple times since they've been brought into DLX.  Other than that, at least for the time being, they're specific to Real.

FuzzGNU

« Reply #1466 on: May 26, 2022, 05:07:26 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
THERE has used the 8.25 FULL a couple times since they've been brought into DLX.  Other than that, at least for the time being, they're specific to Real.

Thanks, I appreciate it. I think I might grab my first Real deck during these sales.

EDIT: Actually I think I'll hold off... their current 8.5 Full/Full SE decks look so lame.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2022, 05:17:48 PM by FuzzGNU »

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1467 on: May 26, 2022, 06:00:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Thanks, I appreciate it. I think I might grab my first Real deck during these sales.

EDIT: Actually I think I'll hold off... their current 8.5 Full/Full SE decks look so lame.

Graphic issues aside, some shops would have stock from a previous drop or even earlier, so don't just go by what is in the current catalogs.  Check to see what is in the shops that might be on sale.

I know some of the best shapes don't have graphics that I agree with either, but when I think I could get the right size, shape and wood, the pretty picture on it comes second every time.

That is just me though.

FuzzGNU

« Reply #1468 on: May 27, 2022, 10:11:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

Graphic issues aside, some shops would have stock from a previous drop or even earlier, so don't just go by what is in the current catalogs.  Check to see what is in the shops that might be on sale.

I know some of the best shapes don't have graphics that I agree with either, but when I think I could get the right size, shape and wood, the pretty picture on it comes second every time.

That is just me though.

Thanks I always appreciate your insight.

I'm bummed Anti Hero doesn't make that shape because they usually have a bit better graphics.

Hell I would take just the Real logo in the full shape.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #1469 on: May 27, 2022, 12:49:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

That is just me though.
[close]

Thanks I always appreciate your insight.

I'm bummed Anti Hero doesn't make that shape because they usually have a bit better graphics.

Hell I would take just the Real logo in the full shape.

Antihero has had a whole bunch of decks on the full shapes. Not sure about full SE as I don’t like short wheelbases. I still have two Antihero fulls in my stack. I feel overall DLX has made way less fulls lately and they’ve almost all been full SE.