Author Topic: DLX Shapes  (Read 233663 times)

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1030
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: DLX Shapes
« Reply #1590 on: August 23, 2022, 05:57:49 PM »

Krooked drop is out.

https://krookedskateboarding.com/fall-2022/

Manderson board is "Mucury" if anyone is looking for one, try searching MUCURY more than anything else.

As @Xen said, it is bright yellow, but that is the shape if anyone wants another one.  Seems like they sell out fairly quickly from some places.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Murge

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #1591 on: August 26, 2022, 01:22:31 PM »
Anyone know what the thing is that dlx posted on insta is about same mold every time or something like that?

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1592 on: August 26, 2022, 01:56:04 PM »
Anyone know what the thing is that dlx posted on insta is about same mold every time or something like that?

I think it would be fair to say it is exactly what they do with the different sized boards, with BBS using different length and size molds for different sized decks.

Eg the usual 14.25 to 14.38 or so wheelbase boards would be on a shorter mold, but the 14.75 to 15" wheelbase boards are on the bigger mold, maybe even something in between too, as well as a shorter one again for the scaled down versions of those Real decks for smaller riders.

Maybe more so now just highlighting that fact, as there are other woodshops that have used almost the same sized mold for different sized boards and it shows, one brand I had seen in a shop that had four fingers of flat for the mini and no flat for the longer wheelbase decks in their range.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #1593 on: August 26, 2022, 02:22:42 PM »
Would be cool if they told what mold they used for every deck. If this is what it’s about, I’m stoked. If it’s something else I might still be stoked but I cannot imagine what it’d be.

GetItStraitRideKrooked

• Rep: 15
« Reply #1594 on: August 26, 2022, 02:32:42 PM »

Krooked drop is out.

Manderson board is "Mucury" if anyone is looking for one, try searching MUCURY more than anything else.

As @Xen said, it is bright yellow, but that is the shape if anyone wants another one.  Seems like they sell out fairly quickly from some places.

for what it's worth I picked up one of the murcury's and it's less diarrhea yellow in person. bottom ply is blue so might actually improve the look once I skate it. whatever, at this point for me it's more about the shape than graphic

Also picked up a bobby twin tail 8.3" slick that I just set up. Haven't ridden a slick in over a decade and first time on a twin tail. It's pretty sick I actually kind of dig not having a designated nose and tail.

dig the extra slickness with slappys, just learned slappy blunts today with it. it also helped extend my slappy front crooks from just a quick 3 inch grind to being able to hold it a little longer.

even though the twin tail is nowhere close shape-wise to the manderson, I might pick up a 1-2 a year just for fun

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1292
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1595 on: August 26, 2022, 03:18:06 PM »
Whatever the True Fit Mold is about, I can guarantee that it will make my already high levels of madness reach a boiling point and my brain will just reboot and make me skate && boards, mini log trucks, and dragon cum wheels.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1596 on: August 26, 2022, 03:35:29 PM »
Whatever the True Fit Mold is about, I can guarantee that it will make my already high levels of madness reach a boiling point and my brain will just reboot and make me skate && boards, mini log trucks, and dragon cum wheels.

Ha yeah for sure!!!

Time for a lie down in a quiet dark place for a bit until you get some sense back.

At least I have enough boards (mostly DLX boards at that) so I don't need to worry about any changes, but I am curious and keen to know more, no matter what the outcome is.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 997
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #1597 on: August 26, 2022, 04:28:56 PM »
https://www.realskateboards.com/fall-2021/

True Mids come to mind here:

@Mbrimson88 summed it up well. We're getting properly scaled boards depending on size (think a smaller or larger Manderson shape).

Would be nice to see this attached to the FULL SEs (maybe a replacement line)?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2022, 04:49:24 PM by Xen »

Sketch Hitchcock

• Rep: 167
« Reply #1598 on: August 26, 2022, 04:36:49 PM »
My first reaction was they’d teach shops how to measure and pick the right DLX shape for your size and body type, sorta how a good bike shop knows how to fit you to a particular setup.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1599 on: August 26, 2022, 04:44:15 PM »
@Xen did you short circuit?

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1600 on: August 26, 2022, 04:48:12 PM »

Seems like it, there was a gateway error when I posted and BOOM! All better now ;)

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1601 on: August 26, 2022, 04:53:32 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Seems like it, there was a gateway error when I posted and BOOM! All better now ;)
Glad to see haha. Also, by the look of the ig post, it looks like the true mold is going to be across all dlx brands which is great.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1602 on: August 26, 2022, 04:55:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Glad to see haha. Also, by the look of the ig post, it looks like the true mold is going to be across all dlx brands which is great.

Man, an 8.25" Manderson shape would be the shit, man.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #1603 on: August 26, 2022, 07:08:34 PM »
I was hoping they was gonna some how trim boards to the specs you want. Which now that I write it out I realize how much of a hassle and costly it would be to have like a small cnc to trim a deck to the specs you want.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #1604 on: August 26, 2022, 09:53:08 PM »
It's probably reclassifying shapes by different lengths like a bike fitter would do and not anything new. Like, the 8.25 is a noticeably longer deck than the 8.5/14.25 and so is the Manderson. I would recommend the 8.5 to someone shorter before almost any of the 14.38 options.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1605 on: August 28, 2022, 10:23:56 PM »

AH drop is up now too.

https://www.antiheroskateboards.com/fall-2022/

The BA 8.8 x 33 with 15 wb is in there, a longer Grosso shape, as is the older but re released Russo Lusso egg type of shape again, at 8.75 x 31.87 with 14.2 wb.

Click for bigger image:

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1580
« Reply #1606 on: August 28, 2022, 11:21:33 PM »
The concept of having boards which are more consistent to their concave etc makes sense……BBS has always run wheel bases that IMO disproportionate ie. almost 14.5 on 8.25 boards but Real has offered a smaller, better range.  I suspect this is an expansion of that.  I do think they run the same molds on a 8.5 as an 8.125 and so the concaves would be more mellow….maybe they are looking to change that. 

It’s true that it’s kinda joke that the majority of decks now are almost the exact same ie. BBS so I could see DLX asking them to do things a bit better…..as similar as they are baker identifies concaves….

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1607 on: August 29, 2022, 03:11:59 AM »

AH drop is up now too.

https://www.antiheroskateboards.com/fall-2022/

The BA 8.8 x 33 with 15 wb is in there, a longer Grosso shape, as is the older but re released Russo Lusso egg type of shape again, at 8.75 x 31.87 with 14.2 wb.

Click for bigger image:

That BA shape is looking tasty. Got the first(?) BA AH graphic also. For some reason I never got that for myself even though I love BA. This one I’ll buy if I can get ahold of it here in Europe easily enough even though I really don’t need any new decks.

Sedition

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 685
  • Fuck the revoltion. Bring on the apocalypse.
    • ThePastParticple avatar image
« Reply #1608 on: August 29, 2022, 05:37:44 AM »
Got the first(?) BA AH graphic also.

That’s not the first. The first one had a pigeon in a (gay pride) parade float.
IG: ThePastParticiple

DLX 8.25  |  144 Forged  |  53mm Classic  |  Super Swiss 6

"Everything has been figured out, except how to live." -Sartre

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #1609 on: August 29, 2022, 05:53:50 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Got that bad boy on my wall, it’s in a rotation between a few but every once and a while it gets some time. Skated one too but didn’t love the wheelbase

BrknBrds

• Rep: 16
« Reply #1610 on: August 29, 2022, 06:09:21 AM »
Expand Quote

Krooked drop is out.

[close]

for what it's worth I picked up one of the murcury's and it's less diarrhea yellow in person. bottom ply is blue so might actually improve the look once I skate it. whatever, at this point for me it's more about the shape than graphic

Also picked up a bobby twin tail 8.3" slick that I just set up. Haven't ridden a slick in over a decade and first time on a twin tail. It's pretty sick I actually kind of dig not having a designated nose and tail.

dig the extra slickness with slappys, just learned slappy blunts today with it. it also helped extend my slappy front crooks from just a quick 3 inch grind to being able to hold it a little longer.

even though the twin tail is nowhere close shape-wise to the manderson, I might pick up a 1-2 a year just for fun

How is the twin tail feel and what’s concave on the Bobby? I’m a bit older and a beginner and my 8.0 Thank You doesn’t feel right and the 8.5 Chocolate felt clumsier then me. Would a twin tail 8.38 be a good size and set up for a beginner? I’m just looking to learn ledge work, a few stairs and rails.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1611 on: August 29, 2022, 06:52:15 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Must’ve been the second then or the first on the 9.25” shape or something.  :D Anyway, I really like this graphic. His first one I didn’t like and same goes for most Antihero graphics.

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #1612 on: August 29, 2022, 07:04:03 AM »
I love that peacock graphic I always wished I got one. Maybe I’ll pick it up and get back into skating transition again, that is if I can get myself to skate it and not put it directly on the wall

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1126
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #1613 on: August 29, 2022, 07:23:21 AM »
The new BA shape is interesting but that wheelbase is long. Are the Misregistered eagle team series decks going to be price point? May need to grab one of the 8.75s

GetItStraitRideKrooked

• Rep: 15
« Reply #1614 on: August 29, 2022, 12:41:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Krooked drop is out.

[close]

[close]

How is the twin tail feel and what’s concave on the Bobby? I’m a bit older and a beginner and my 8.0 Thank You doesn’t feel right and the 8.5 Chocolate felt clumsier then me. Would a twin tail 8.38 be a good size and set up for a beginner? I’m just looking to learn ledge work, a few stairs and rails.

Bobby's twin tail has a mellower concave compared to what I'm normally riding (manderson 8.38 is pretty steep).

I don't see why a twin tail wouldn't be good for you. The only downside/adjustments I need to make are that I've noticed my kickflips rocket more often due to the mellower "nose" I'm flicking off of.

Real makes 8.0", 8.25", 8.3" slick, and 8.5" twin tails, so if the 8.5" was a little too big for you, you can size down.

I'd say go for the 8.3" slick if you're trying to learn ledge tricks. that slick actually works pretty damn nice and doesn't seem to wear down too fast

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #1615 on: August 29, 2022, 12:59:24 PM »
The new BA shape is interesting but that wheelbase is long. Are the Misregistered eagle team series decks going to be price point? May need to grab one of the 8.75s

No dlx always says which boards are price point. Misregistered eagles seem to be going alongside the standard run of eagle sizes

Sedition

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1616 on: August 29, 2022, 01:23:45 PM »
No idea if it’s a hint or not, but Larry posted something on AH18 IG story today that showed a footprint (sizing???).
« Last Edit: August 29, 2022, 01:56:09 PM by Sedition »

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1580
« Reply #1617 on: August 29, 2022, 02:25:54 PM »
Seems sort of short sighted not considering the shin length measurement…..

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1618 on: August 29, 2022, 04:46:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Got that bad boy on my wall, it’s in a rotation between a few but every once and a while it gets some time. Skated one too but didn’t love the wheelbase

Did you get the 8.25 or the 8.62 in the pride march graphic?

I didn't recall the first 8.25 one coming out (yellow backing graphic) but got it very slightly used from someone who was clearing out stuff, then the 8.62 (wood backing graphic) new when on sale, really only for the size, but never ended up skating it anyway, so now it is on the wall.

The 8.62 with 14.75 wb is a big, big board.

Found some pics:

8.25 version

8.62 version

There was even a limited 9.25 version as well:

https://www.nativeskatestore.co.uk/skateboards-c7/skateboard-decks-c23/ba-1st-ltd-custom-shape-skateboard-deck-9-25-p33198

« Last Edit: August 29, 2022, 04:56:41 PM by Mbrimson88 »

Sedition

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1619 on: August 29, 2022, 07:09:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Did you get the 8.25 or the 8.62 in the pride march graphic?

I didn't recall the first 8.25 one coming out (yellow backing graphic) but got it very slightly used from someone who was clearing out stuff, then the 8.62 (wood backing graphic) new when on sale, really only for the size, but never ended up skating it anyway, so now it is on the wall.

The 8.62 with 14.75 wb is a big, big board.

Found some pics:

8.25 version

8.62 version

There was even a limited 9.25 version as well:

https://www.nativeskatestore.co.uk/skateboards-c7/skateboard-decks-c23/ba-1st-ltd-custom-shape-skateboard-deck-9-25-p33198

I have the 8.25 on my wall.