Author Topic: The other shoes thread  (Read 53999 times)

Sk.A.T.A.N

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 714
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
Re: The other shoes thread
« Reply #90 on: August 21, 2015, 05:20:16 AM »
YES! (you know me well) Sorry for the late reply, was getting over my recent business trip/ spending time with my wife and kid!
They look DOPE! The tongue/ collar combo reminds me of onitsuka ULT-racers (another shoe I love) and I always back synthetic construction over suede. You know what else I'm feeling at the moment? These:

*Gel Lite V pic*

At this point in time though I have more shoes than my wife so I really need to start wearing (out) some of my current collection.
So glad this thread is back up and running ;D

Gel Light V are my favourite Asics for sure. I saw that exact colorway at the mall. The sock like tongue looks insanely confortable! They look killer on feet and there's so many good colorways... I wish i had the money to buy a pair! :'(

Now i'm really feeling the Reebok Pump Fury, the OG ones, not the lite ones (i like those too). Damn, they look so crazy! But probably would look like shit on my feet and are expensive as fuck but damn i love the 90's crazyness...  :D

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -608
« Reply #91 on: August 21, 2015, 08:45:31 AM »
This thread should be renamed "Post the Ugly Ass Shoes You Wear"
I’m a ghost that everyone can see.

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • sup breh
« Reply #92 on: August 21, 2015, 10:18:20 AM »
Expand Quote
YES! (you know me well) Sorry for the late reply, was getting over my recent business trip/ spending time with my wife and kid!
They look DOPE! The tongue/ collar combo reminds me of onitsuka ULT-racers (another shoe I love) and I always back synthetic construction over suede. You know what else I'm feeling at the moment? These:

*Gel Lite V pic*

At this point in time though I have more shoes than my wife so I really need to start wearing (out) some of my current collection.
So glad this thread is back up and running ;D

[close]

Gel Light V are my favourite Asics for sure. I saw that exact colorway at the mall. The sock like tongue looks insanely confortable! They look killer on feet and there's so many good colorways... I wish i had the money to buy a pair! :'(

Now i'm really feeling the Reebok Pump Fury, the OG ones, not the lite ones (i like those too). Damn, they look so crazy! But probably would look like shit on my feet and are expensive as fuck but damn i love the 90's crazyness...  :D

Gel Lyte III's and V's are so good. I'm just really into runner silhouettes now. Maybe I should start running again.

Skatan, I have the insta pump fury OG collab that they did with Major here in DC, it's themed after airplane rescue masks. The shoes are surprisingly comfy, and fucking weird looking enough that I always get some compliments when I wear them. They're honestly very comfortable, too.

Here's a pic:
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #93 on: August 21, 2015, 11:40:04 AM »
Gel Lyte III's and V's are so good. I'm just really into runner silhouettes now. Maybe I should start running again.

Skatan, I have the insta pump fury OG collab that they did with Major here in DC, it's themed after airplane rescue masks. The shoes are surprisingly comfy, and fucking weird looking enough that I always get some compliments when I wear them. They're honestly very comfortable, too.

Here's a pic:

Damn InternetDaddy! That's an interesting collab. I not really a fan of the colorway but the idea/concept is fucking killer.

I only have seen 1 pair of these shoes in my life and it was in some ugly full bright orange... They looked like an orange but it was nice to see the design so close and they really look comfy and quality. They are for sure eye-catching!

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #94 on: August 21, 2015, 11:56:32 AM »

You should rename yourself as "Loser". Weren't you happy with your cons ripoff's, why bother with our ugly sneakers?

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #95 on: August 21, 2015, 12:39:40 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You should rename yourself as "Loser". Weren't you happy with your cons ripoff's, why bother with our ugly sneakers?

Me and my friend at some Metal Fest last month! I am the Celtic shirt guy.

No body who looks like the guy in the Celtic shirt has any room to call anybody a loser.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #96 on: August 21, 2015, 12:47:39 PM »
You searched my posts just to post that picture to do some kind of internet shaming?!  ::)

You just got into a full Loser Megazord Mode. Haha

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #97 on: August 21, 2015, 02:27:03 PM »
Dude, you gotta admit, you look pretty goofy there yo.

Green Bastard

• Rep: 7
« Reply #98 on: August 23, 2015, 02:19:36 AM »
Thats a dope Celtic shirt, I always like vintage umbro gear

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #99 on: August 23, 2015, 02:17:12 PM »
Thats a dope Celtic shirt, I always like vintage umbro gear

Thanks! It's my favourite shirt. He doesnt know shit...

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 188
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #100 on: August 23, 2015, 05:11:01 PM »
This thread should be renamed "Post the Ugly Ass Shoes You Wear I have no idea what I'm talking about but I'll post anyway"

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #101 on: August 23, 2015, 07:22:36 PM »
I personally don't get to this type of shoe but after perusing the thread briefly I came to the conclusion you fellas will like this picture.

PARANOID

« Reply #102 on: August 23, 2015, 08:33:42 PM »
I personally don't get to this type of shoe but after perusing the thread briefly I came to the conclusion you fellas will like this picture.

What's wrong with that shoe? If I was going to sell drugs and shake down the johns that were too rough with my tricks, that's the shoe I would wear.

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #103 on: August 23, 2015, 08:51:07 PM »
They cost 500 dollars and I don't like Battlestar Galactica.

PARANOID

« Reply #104 on: August 23, 2015, 09:02:25 PM »
"People laughed at me when I was the first man in America to pay $500 for Battlestar Galactica themed shoes, but now they all pay at least a thousand dollars for shoes related to shows that weren't even half as good"

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #105 on: August 24, 2015, 04:16:26 AM »
Like i said before basketball shoes are not really my thing... These Lebrons XI elite are totally not my thing, but Will Easley would love them!

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #106 on: August 28, 2015, 10:20:38 AM »
lebrons are the ugliest basketball shoes out. they're probably comfy though
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #107 on: August 28, 2015, 01:54:41 PM »

I dont think they are that ugly, just a little too futuristic looking... At least they take something new to the table. But i think they reached the top with his XI model, which were really radical looking with all that crazy panelling.
The last ones, XII, look pretty mellow. The swoosh on the side looks like shit, the placement is bad IMO.

Kobe's are other that i think that the current model isnt as good as the past one... XI's, either lows or highs look way better than the X's.
X's are such a boring model, the flyknit ones are a little better tho.

Actually i'm liking more of the aesthetics of the last adidas models. D Lillard's look dope, J Wall's arent that bad and the new D Rose 6 pics i've seen look like it will be a great shoe!

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #108 on: August 30, 2015, 07:40:33 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I dont think they are that ugly, just a little too futuristic looking... At least they take something new to the table. But i think they reached the top with his XI model, which were really radical looking with all that crazy panelling.
The last ones, XII, look pretty mellow. The swoosh on the side looks like shit, the placement is bad IMO.

Kobe's are other that i think that the current model isnt as good as the past one... XI's, either lows or highs look way better than the X's.
X's are such a boring model, the flyknit ones are a little better tho.

Actually i'm liking more of the aesthetics of the last adidas models. D Lillard's look dope, J Wall's arent that bad and the new D Rose 6 pics i've seen look like it will be a great shoe!

lol all those d rose 6 are gonna end up in ross after this whole rape allegation thing. I think my problem with the Lebron's the the overly angular design. and yeah the kobe x's are kinda just phoning it in. the 8's were the climax, nines were ok.
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #109 on: August 30, 2015, 09:31:20 PM »

I dig em

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #110 on: August 31, 2015, 03:22:21 AM »

lol all those d rose 6 are gonna end up in ross after this whole rape allegation thing. I think my problem with the Lebron's the the overly angular design. and yeah the kobe x's are kinda just phoning it in. the 8's were the climax, nines were ok.
[/quote]

Didnt heard about that D Rose rape thing but you might be right, his name is gonna be affected.
The 8 were good yeah, mambacurial's were sick! But i like 9's the most, the flyknit does it for me.
But i barrely know shit about basketball shoes, i'll probably never own some. Haha

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #111 on: August 31, 2015, 03:46:13 AM »

I dig em

I didnt like those at first but they grew on me. I saw them in person and they are kinda sick. I still like the OG's the most but they look like it will be next big thing over here so i'm ready to be oversaturated of huarache's. :/

Also saw this new "huarache BR", white is ok but i saw some horrid volt joints...

« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 08:12:27 AM by Sk.A.T.A.N »

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • sup breh
« Reply #112 on: August 31, 2015, 07:32:54 AM »
I want those all black Huarache NMs to release in America already, damn.
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #113 on: August 31, 2015, 10:06:33 AM »

I've seen them in stores here in Portugal, i think it is the first time in history we get something first than the US! haha

Just saw this beauties on my Instagram feed, Huarache Utility. They look sick!

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • sup breh
« Reply #114 on: August 31, 2015, 01:13:37 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I've seen them in stores here in Portugal, i think it is the first time in history we get something first than the US! haha

The Huarache Utility definitely looks sick, I just saw a post about them too! The all black ones are super nice. Europe actually gets a lot of really good runners before the US, or just exclusively altogether. Huarache NMs have been out in EU for a while, but are just starting to pop up here. I don't think the Huarache lights have been available here at all, but I know they are out over there in several colorways. Also the (admittedly weird and kind of ugly IMO) cork and velvet infrared AM90s dropped in europe way before they showed up on US shelves, i remember on the sneakers subreddit some guy in poland was buying pairs and shipping them to americans.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #115 on: August 31, 2015, 02:09:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
The Huarache Utility definitely looks sick, I just saw a post about them too! The all black ones are super nice. Europe actually gets a lot of really good runners before the US, or just exclusively altogether. Huarache NMs have been out in EU for a while, but are just starting to pop up here. I don't think the Huarache lights have been available here at all, but I know they are out over there in several colorways. Also the (admittedly weird and kind of ugly IMO) cork and velvet infrared AM90s dropped in europe way before they showed up on US shelves, i remember on the sneakers subreddit some guy in poland was buying pairs and shipping them to americans.

I was at the Nike Outlet past week and it was full of Huarache lites haha... I've seen Corks AM90's everywere, and the janoskies are poping out too, i almost puke when i see them (Out of curiosity, Portugal is actually the worlds major producer of cork).
I know EU gets lots of good stuff first, brands do lots of goods collabs with shops over here but Portugal doesnt get any of that stuff since we dont have any big shops in the country, just major releases are released here basically. We need to order special releases from the outside.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #116 on: September 02, 2015, 12:20:32 AM »
You searched my posts just to post that picture to do some kind of internet shaming?!  ::)

You just got into a full Loser Megazord Mode. Haha

forgot this word.. gonna use it next time the homies decide to roast each other. good  looks yo
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #117 on: September 10, 2015, 05:22:13 AM »
^^ i use it quite regularly!   ;D

This new Saucony's are killing me...

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Still Tippin

• Rep: -33
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #118 on: September 11, 2015, 01:25:39 PM »
im wit dese

alonelikeastone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
  • 608z.
    • Meh. avatar image
« Reply #119 on: September 11, 2015, 04:16:10 PM »
I wear New Balance 993's and every version before it for the last 12 years. I put memory foam insoles in them, high quality ones, not dr scholls.
They are made in america and are not cheap here is Canada but they last a very long time and come in grey. Besides the grey they are too sporty for me, but I absolutely can not get through a work day without them.
In the winter I wear docs with the same memory insoles from the NB's.
If i could give any young skaters advice it would be only wear skate shoes when skating and get good shoes when you are not.