Author Topic: Nyjah to Nike in three months  (Read 123156 times)

shredder sequel

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 58
Re: Nyjah to Nike in three months
« Reply #150 on: July 24, 2015, 02:13:38 PM »
nyjah is the john cena of skateboarding.

pinch a loaf

« Reply #151 on: July 24, 2015, 02:25:08 PM »
Quote from: TehPwnzorer  link=topic=86638.msg2359257#msg2359257 date=1437743209
It's not like he's going to do a Sheckler and make a TV show and bring his private life into skateboarding.
That awkward moment when you find out he already does, and that he's too douchy for TV, so he had to settle for youtube... ;D

Tay

« Reply #152 on: July 24, 2015, 02:26:33 PM »
nyjah is the john cena of skateboarding.

Awesome!
Nyjah is the Adam Carolla of skateboarding.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #153 on: July 24, 2015, 02:33:00 PM »
Expand Quote
It's not like he's going to do a Sheckler and make a TV show and bring his private life into skateboarding.
[close]
That awkward moment when you find out he already does, and that he's too douchy for TV, so he had to settle for youtube... ;D

TehPwnzorer

• Rep: -17
« Reply #154 on: July 24, 2015, 02:36:44 PM »
Quote from: TehPwnzorer �link=topic=86638.msg2359452#msg2359452 date=1437770021
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Quote from: TehPwnzorer �link=topic=86638.msg2359257#msg2359257 date=1437743209
Expand Quote
I do back the hate on skateboard related things like saying a certain group shouldn't skate at all in a Thrasher interview when skateboarding is for everyone. The lack of respect for the older generation who opened the doors for everyone by doing their thing. Nyjah said that everything they did back then is a first try warm up trick for him on Weekend Buzz. Now those are legit reasons to hate. I don't see any of you bringing it up. Do you a uctually give a fuck about what that dude does on his spare time when he isn't skateboarding? I sure as hell only care what that dude does on a skateboard and nothing else. It's not like he's going to do a Sheckler and make a TV show and bring his private life into skateboarding.

Last thing. Cheesy sponsorship choices is one thing too. But as a professional skateboarder you gotta do what you have to do in order to survive, unless you start your company. Once you're out you're out. Every year skateboarding is less years of experience in the real world when it comes to work. Remember that.
[close]
That seems like something Nyjah would fucking love to do. And when you're broadcasting your private life out to millions of followers on purpose, is that really private?

Is Nyjah doing what he has to do to survive?? Bought his lil sis a brand new benz... survival? Riced out his super car like fast and furious... survival? Dude could never make another dollar in his life, and still be well off.

Now please rebuttal with your shitty opinion that you view as fact.
[close]
Being able to support your family in the best possible way you can is indeed "survival" in itself. Also... What the fuck has him buying a Benz for his little sister anything to do with skateboarding at all? Go fuck yourself.
[close]

I mean he bought it from skateboarding. Then chose to take a picture of it, and post it on the internet, to show how awesome and rich he is. He totally could have kept that in his private life right?� ;)

In that case all setup and gear posted on Slap are work-related and has nothing to do with skateboarding at all. The money you buy everything with comes from working. In other words, everything you spend your money becomes work-related because without the work, you wouldn't be able to afford anything at all, right? Nyjah's work is skateboarding. Whatever he does with the money has nothing to do with skateboarding at all. It's his money just like they money we all make out of a job is ours. Everyone on Slap like to show off and post their stuff because there are people out there who can't afford it.

Note: Instagram is a picture/video app. What else are you supposed to use it for other than post stuff?
Nyjah is also free to post what the hell he wants. Just because he's more famous than a regular person doesn't mean he has less rights to use the social media than us. I've seen people work to buy someone else a skateboard then post it on Instagram. Is that just to show off? Same thing goes for his Youtube account. It's called Nyjah Huston, not Nyjah Huston Skateboarding. Remember that a Benz to Nyjah may be like a skateboard to someone else and a private jet to Jay Z may be like a Benz to Nyjah. Just saying.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 02:59:35 PM by TehPwnzorer »

pinch a loaf

« Reply #155 on: July 24, 2015, 04:05:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

K TehPwnzorer, lets drop the stupid arguement. I want to hear your thoughts on this. Please. You've been addressing every little point with such confidence. Just admit you were wrong about this one.. take the L.

wattscain

« Reply #156 on: July 24, 2015, 04:35:55 PM »
I don't think he's wrong. He has a good point. Skaters have always had some fantasy about what's pure and who is pure. They can't get over their 1970's/80's punk rock dirt bag stereotype to realize that skateboarding attracts all types...even the types who you would not normally hang around. I know it sucks to realize that Nyjah had a certain amount of privilege that made skateboarding very accessible but in the end, he's just better than a lot of pros and puts more work into being a professional than a lot of your favorite pros and it bothers people.

TehPwnzorer

« Reply #157 on: July 24, 2015, 05:36:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
K TehPwnzorer, lets drop the stupid arguement. I want to hear your thoughts on this. Please. You've been addressing every little point with such confidence. Just admit you were wrong about this one.. take the L.
I did adress that one saying "Same thing goes for his youtube account. It's called Nyjah Huston, not Nyjah Huston skateboarding." You can't really compare a MTV show that Sheckler got because of skateboarding, reflecting skateboarding in a way that absolutely isn't skateboarding at all - to Nyjah making a simple Youtube channel. I see it as two completely different things.

I'm not saying I'm right. If I'm completely wrong and have offended you then I'm sorry, I guess. I don't really like Nyjah too much tbh. I just find it strange how everyone keeps calling him out on being way too competitive when guys like Luan, Ishod etc competes just as much. Probably more if you think about it. The difference between them is that Nyjah so happens to win 90% of the contests he enters. Every contest he's in, Luan and Ishod are in too. Luan and Ishod do also compete in Europe(Far n High, CPH Pro). Nyjah only competes in the big contests. They compete more than Nyjah while Nyjah wins more than anyone else. People tend to forget that. They've also been in BATB more than Nyjah.

Everyone makes it sound way worse than it actually is. That all he does is skate contests, no street etc. He wins everything he enters, or atleast did. Luan has won all the $$$ this year so far. The contests he enters aren't that many compared to everyone else. Even Kelvin Hoeffler is ranked higher than Nyjah in contest series without winning any of those big contests, ever.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 05:51:46 PM by TehPwnzorer »

pinch a loaf

« Reply #158 on: July 24, 2015, 06:10:23 PM »
Here's my point.
You said "its not like he's going to do a sheckler and make a tv show and bring his private life into skateboarding."
I'm just curious, why are you so sure? I think he would love an MTV show. And now that you mention it, doesn't seem far off that he'd actually get one.
Also, why throw Sheckler under the bus then? His show wasn't The 'Skateboarding' Life of Ryan. Because it's implied. Same with Nyjah. It's not 'Nyjah Huston Skateboarding,' because it's already implied.

Spitfire4life

• Rep: -20
« Reply #159 on: July 24, 2015, 08:36:14 PM »
Quote from: TehPwnzorer  link=topic=86638.msg2359490#msg2359490 date=1437773804
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I do back the hate on skateboard related things like saying a certain group shouldn't skate at all in a Thrasher interview when skateboarding is for everyone. The lack of respect for the older generation who opened the doors for everyone by doing their thing. Nyjah said that everything they did back then is a first try warm up trick for him on Weekend Buzz. Now those are legit reasons to hate. I don't see any of you bringing it up. Do you a uctually give a fuck about what that dude does on his spare time when he isn't skateboarding? I sure as hell only care what that dude does on a skateboard and nothing else. It's not like he's going to do a Sheckler and make a TV show and bring his private life into skateboarding.

Last thing. Cheesy sponsorship choices is one thing too. But as a professional skateboarder you gotta do what you have to do in order to survive, unless you start your company. Once you're out you're out. Every year skateboarding is less years of experience in the real world when it comes to work. Remember that.
[close]
That seems like something Nyjah would fucking love to do. And when you're broadcasting your private life out to millions of followers on purpose, is that really private?

Is Nyjah doing what he has to do to survive?? Bought his lil sis a brand new benz... survival? Riced out his super car like fast and furious... survival? Dude could never make another dollar in his life, and still be well off.

[close]
Being able to support your family in the best possible way you can is indeed "survival" in itself. Also... What the fuck has him buying a Benz for his little sister anything to do with skateboarding at all? Go fuck yourself.
[close]

I mean he bought it from skateboarding. Then chose to take a picture of it, and post it on the internet, to show how awesome and rich he is. He totally could have kept that in his private life right?� ;)

[close]
In that case all setup and gear posted on Slap are work-related and has nothing to do with skateboarding at all. The money you buy everything with comes from working. In other words, everything you spend your money becomes work-related because without the work, you wouldn't be able to afford anything at all, right? Nyjah's work is skateboarding. Whatever he does with the money has nothing to do with skateboarding at all. It's his money just like they money we all make out of a job is ours. Everyone on Slap like to show off and post their stuff because there are people out there who can't afford it.

Note: Instagram is a picture/video app. What else are you supposed to use it for other than post stuff?
Nyjah is also free to post what the hell he wants. Just because he's more famous than a regular person doesn't mean he has less rights to use the social media than us. I've seen people work to buy someone else a skateboard then post it on Instagram. Is that just to show off? Same thing goes for his Youtube account. It's called Nyjah Huston, not Nyjah Huston Skateboarding. Remember that a Benz to Nyjah may be like a skateboard to someone else and a private jet to Jay Z may be like a Benz to Nyjah. Just saying.
The fuck?
If you take medical advice from this puddle of retards you are going to die.

FROST YOUR TIPS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -56
  • Alex Olson's Personal Stylist
« Reply #160 on: July 24, 2015, 10:47:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Nyjahs been with element since he was 4, I don't see him leaving DC.. They obviously take care of him.

Nyjah in the same league as Michael Jordan, tiger woods, and messi?? Over my dead body
[close]

It's done.  9 mill for 5 years is the contract.  Nobody on the team was consulted about adding Nine-Jah to the team, a senior level business director at Nike made the call after he saw that Nyguuh was winning all the Nike SB sponsored Street League contests instead of Paul who had been their "contest guy" for years.  From what I understand, riders have already protested having to go on trips with him.  And if Nike really fired Hewitt for weed, then they are going to have their hands full with Nyjuhhhhh, who has reportedly been busted 4 to 5 teams for narcotics possession (mostly coke and molly).  Charges which his high powered Hollywood management team has made go away as to avoid public scrutiny.  Way to go Nike.  Why can't you just make quality shoes and sponsor the RIGHT people instead of getting wrapped up in the bullshit.  Hella stoops.

lol where did you get any of these facts??

pussy popper,pot smoker

« Reply #161 on: July 25, 2015, 01:19:12 AM »
Quote from: TehPwnzorer  link=topic=86638.msg2359490#msg2359490 date=1437773804
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]
The fuck?
oh man you caught me! i only posted my $20 pair of shoes because those kids in Africa can't afford them! golly gee whatever will i do!

needlejuice

• Rep: -101
« Reply #162 on: July 25, 2015, 01:58:09 AM »
Quote from: TehPwnzorer  link=topic=86638.msg2359569#msg2359569 date=1437784606
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
I did adress that one saying "Same thing goes for his youtube account. It's called Nyjah Huston, not Nyjah Huston skateboarding." You can't really compare a MTV show that Sheckler got because of skateboarding, reflecting skateboarding in a way that absolutely isn't skateboarding at all - to Nyjah making a simple Youtube channel. I see it as two completely different things.

I'm not saying I'm right. If I'm completely wrong and have offended you then I'm sorry, I guess. I don't really like Nyjah too much tbh. I just find it strange how everyone keeps calling him out on being way too competitive when guys like Luan, Ishod etc competes just as much. Probably more if you think about it. The difference between them is that Nyjah so happens to win 90% of the contests he enters. Every contest he's in, Luan and Ishod are in too. Luan and Ishod do also compete in Europe(Far n High, CPH Pro). Nyjah only competes in the big contests. They compete more than Nyjah while Nyjah wins more than anyone else. People tend to forget that. They've also been in BATB more than Nyjah.

Everyone makes it sound way worse than it actually is. That all he does is skate contests, no street etc. He wins everything he enters, or atleast did. Luan has won all the $$$ this year so far. The contests he enters aren't that many compared to everyone else. Even Kelvin Hoeffler is ranked higher than Nyjah in contest series without winning any of those big contests, ever.

you are pretty jaded. there's no way in hell if luan or ishod started winning like nyjah that the "hate would transpire". you must look at skateboarding in an unbelievably shallow way to even compare those guys. ishod and luan are members of the new class of kids who have ridiculous style coupled with being the best out, also not BEING WEIRDOS. they somehow mix quality WITH quantity. nyjah has proved time in again within interviews that he has some weird shit going on in his head, and he does have poor style. maybe not worst, but poor. if you cant grasp that those little factors generate all his hate, then have fun on your deluded cloud of judgement, where personality is written by the public opinion
try to remember, forget

TehPwnzorer

« Reply #163 on: July 25, 2015, 02:43:08 AM »
Here's my point.
You said "its not like he's going to do a sheckler and make a tv show and bring his private life into skateboarding."
I'm just curious, why are you so sure? I think he would love an MTV show. And now that you mention it, doesn't seem far off that he'd actually get one.
Also, why throw Sheckler under the bus then? His show wasn't The 'Skateboarding' Life of Ryan. Because it's implied. Same with Nyjah. It's not 'Nyjah Huston Skateboarding,' because it's already implied.
I'm not sure. I just don't think anyone would repeat a Sheckler after seeing what he went through and the amount of time it took to redeem himself. Do you seriously compare a scrippted worldwide MTV show with a dedicated filming crew with nothing in goal but to generate a huge amount of $$$ to Nyjah's Youtube video? Anyone can make a Youtube channel posting a Thanksgiving Dinner, holy shit. It's a Thanksgiving Dinner with his crew. The only thing that comes close to the MTV show is Cole's Motiviation 2 movie. Besides, if you wanted to post a youtube video of him making a fool out of himself and skateboarding. That one isn't the one. I'm not defending Nyjah. He's done some sketchy shit, just that everything you guys post doesn't add up to the hate, just jealousy. There's a video of him and Nicole Richie skating his privatepark which is sketchy as hell beyond defending. Use that one next time, k? Still doesn't compare to a dedicated worldwide TV show tho.

To whoever says Nyjah doesn't get hated because he wins but because of his style and attitude. Pedro Barros has an awesome style, still got hated on when he won everything. Cole may not be stylish, but he's the most humble dude out there in interviews, still hated on when he won everything.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 02:47:11 AM by TehPwnzorer »

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1500
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #164 on: July 25, 2015, 04:37:49 AM »
I think some of the hate comes from going from rasta to swag.

Look at Cole who went from fresh to hesh and then monster nascar logo racecar.

Look at Mike V who went from outspoken vegan to meat eating meathead.

It's disingenuous and breeds distrust when you once backed a guy for being one thing, and then he embodies the thing you dislike/hate.

I liked rasta nyjah and I didn't get too suspicious when he shed the dreads because other rastafarian skateboarders have done it, but internalized the lifestyle and religion.

Now he's just like Andy Mac to me.  Skilled at trick riding a skateboard with a shit style, trying to win contests, and trying to make a buck wherever possible using skateboarding as a means.  At least Andy Mac is consistent since he was a kook from the get go. There's a difference between modeling and whoring yourself out, too.

TehPwnzorer

« Reply #165 on: July 25, 2015, 05:08:39 AM »
I think some of the hate comes from going from rasta to swag.

Look at Mike V who went from outspoken vegan to meat eating meathead.

It's disingenuous and breeds distrust when you once backed a guy for being one thing, and then he embodies the thing you dislike/hate.

I liked rasta nyjah and I didn't get too suspicious when he shed the dreads because other rastafarian skateboarders have done it, but internalized the lifestyle and religion.

Now he's just like Andy Mac to me.  Skilled at trick riding a skateboard with a shit style, trying to win contests, and trying to make a buck wherever possible using skateboarding as a means.  At least Andy Mac is consistent since he was a kook from the get go. There's a difference between modeling and whoring yourself out, too.
^ Now that's an honest opinion and real talk on why people may breed dislike upon somebody else. I don't think the rastafarian lifestyle was Nyjah's choice though. It's his father's doing against his will. It's only natural that he throws the rastafarian lifestyle away the second he's in control of his own life and gets to make his own choices as the rastafarian lifestyle was never his choice to begin with but his father's.

It's different for Chris Cole and Mike V as they had their own choices from the very start. So I can't disagree with you on those two. Cudos
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 05:10:54 AM by TehPwnzorer »

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #166 on: July 25, 2015, 06:13:52 AM »

gold.

wattscain

« Reply #167 on: July 25, 2015, 07:18:10 AM »
I really don't know what was in Nyjah's head regarding the rasta thing. He may have been doing it as it related to his father but it may not have been something he wanted to continue as an adult. But I really get tired of the argument that someone who changes his look from what he looked like as a teen/early adult is some kind of fake. Some people may look the same but are they "keeping it real" or are they like those ladies with bee hive hairdos: they can't move on from the time they thought they were cool. Many people start to do vegan and switch later (it's not an easy lifestyle to maintain). Some people don't want to see themselves in the mirror wearing XL shirts and 40 inch waist jeans (actual waist 32) when they are over 21. And none of this outer appearance stuff gives you a definitive answer on what someone's personality or work ethic is like. I know I'm glad not to be looking the same way I did when I was 18. Hell, I'm glad I don't wear the same shit I wore last year.

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #168 on: July 25, 2015, 08:03:04 AM »
Expand Quote
If you think about it. Nyjah has had it way way harder than cobra cole.
[close]
Thats total bullshit. Nyjah had a entire skatepark to himself since he was four, not to mention a dad who banned him from going to school just to make him skate everyday. He never had to buy anytthing skateboarding releated in his life. (decks, trucks, shoes, etc.)

I like how you make this claim like it's some sort of positive or evidence of a silver spoon.

He's a basic bitch too. I would love the opportunity to turn down a sponsor like Nike or Target (I'm looking at you Paul).

hahaha let us all know when this happens homie.  it's always easy to take the high horse and make bold claims like this when you don't have the options.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 08:57:53 AM by bea! »

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65504
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #169 on: July 25, 2015, 08:04:00 AM »
I don't really get it. He is talented on a board and pushes the boundaries all the time.

Not liking his style, may be fair enough but reaching back and talking about his image as a child.

Seems like a lot of people like cutting their noses off to spite their faces around here!
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 07:38:06 PM by 360 frip »
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1500
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #170 on: July 25, 2015, 08:37:55 AM »
I don't really get it. He is talented on a board at pushes the boundaries all the time.

Not liking his style, may be fair enough but reaching back and talking about his image as a child.

Seems like a lot of people like cutting their noses off to spite their faces around here!
Name your current favorite skateboarder. 

Now imagine that guy as a juggalo or racist or super corporate or misogynist or murderer or hate crime perp or whatever offends your sensibility or even personal aesthetics.  Still same skater, still rips, but you hate the shit out of what that person is now and can't separate that personal identity regardless of how sick his footage may be. 

People change, but do I still have to like this guy and support what he does?

The answer for me is no.

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 539
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #171 on: July 25, 2015, 08:46:07 AM »
the "hater" argument is so played out. you can acknowledge a person's skill or talent or success and still not be a fan of that person overall. it happens all the time in every area of life, whether it's sports, music, professional bodybuilding, fiction writing, or fashion design. skateboarding is not an exception.

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 539
« Reply #172 on: July 25, 2015, 08:50:36 AM »
"dude, yngwe malmsteen is an incredible guitarist! how you could not like his stuff? you're just a hater."

"I admit the guy is skilled. I'm just not into his music."

"fucking hater."

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #173 on: July 25, 2015, 09:02:01 AM »
Expand Quote
I don't really get it. He is talented on a board at pushes the boundaries all the time.

[close]
Name your current favorite skateboarder. 

Now imagine that guy as a juggalo or racist or super corporate or misogynist or murderer or hate crime perp or whatever offends your sensibility or even personal aesthetics.  Still same skater, still rips, but you hate the shit out of what that person is now and can't separate that personal identity regardless of how sick his footage may be. 

People change, but do I still have to like this guy and support what he does?

The answer for me is no.
This fully was the reason i said i didnt like Nyjah for saying girls shouldnt skate and blamed phelps.  I know rastas are mysoginists, but he so called denounced it which should have made him more appreciative for women in skateboarding

HoudiniXLogic

« Reply #174 on: July 25, 2015, 09:20:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Adidas would actually be proper if anything,
[close]

Naw, Adidas doesn't have the glamour that Nyjah needs to exist. Besides I don't think Nyjah would mesh well with their current riders, could you see him skating next to Busenitz or the Gonz?

your sig makes the perfect point

Anyways,

midevilco

« Reply #175 on: July 25, 2015, 10:14:04 AM »
Speaking from the perspective of a highly competitive, results oriented person, Nyjah is the best at what he does (win contests), and has the bank account to prove it.

Speaking from the perspective of a skateboarder, contests aren't my thing, but I find it amazing to see the stuff he pulls seemingly out of his ass, back to back, in the middle of a contest run.

The progression and consistency he brings to the table is incredible, and he forces the dudes that aren't on his level, but close, to be better.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #176 on: July 25, 2015, 11:50:44 AM »
Nyjah = Lebron, the most loved n loathed figure

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 249
« Reply #177 on: July 25, 2015, 05:34:12 PM »
Quote from: TehPwnzorer  link=topic=86638.msg2359051#msg2359051 date=1437693469
Expand Quote
Quote from: TehPwnzorer  link=topic=86638.msg2358404#msg2358404 date=1437596222
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
The entire deal with Nyjah is so strange. Nobody else on Element fits with him, and you could almost bet if he left the company would be legitimized� within skateboarding. Westgate, Evan Smith, Nick Garcia, Mark Appleyard, Timtim, Levi Brown...the team is fucking stacked. I often forget Nyjah even skates for them.

Shoes... I picture him when I think of DC. He should stay, or go, or fuck it, who cares. He should've been a rollerblader.
[close]

I feel like Nyjah is so ingrained into the contest circuit that it's an odd sight to see him on the streets or anywhere the rest of the Element team might go, I dunno if he goes to demos or not, doesn't seem like he would even skate them, maybe just sign hats and decks or something, sit around being above it all.�
[close]
Nyjah's sure a contest skater who doesn't skate street at all. Let's just forget about his:

Rise n' Shine part(back to back bs 270 lip, flip backlip - Hollywood 16)

Welcome to DC Part(nollie bs heel - Wilshire 15)

Last Call Part(hardflip bs 5-0 - Clipper)

DC Signature Model(bs noseblunt - Hollywood 16)

Welcome to AYC(360 flip smith - A handrail)

DC Fade To Black(won skateboarding)

AYC Signature Line(hard way fs 180 nosegrind to straight - A handrail)

Nyjah puts out more fucking Street footage than everyone else out there. The only reason he hasn't put out anything recently is because Element is making a full lenght video.

[close]

Bit of a Nyjah fan? Nyjah gets tricks in the streets sure but compared to other skaters he's rarely seen in tour videos or IG clips ( his last street post was 4 weeks ago). He's a park skater.
[close]
Barely? He kills every single AYC tour that's been out. He killed KOTR too. I grew up watching guys like PJ Ladd, Muska, Dollin etc. Nyjah seriously puts out more actual street footage more than anyone else, that while winning every single contest possible. His early footage when he was like 9 is still way more impressive than a lot of pros put out. I could understand if it was Chaz Ortiz you were talking about, but this is Nyjah. The kid put out killer parts when he was around 10~ before getting known in the contest circuit.

No, it's not called being a fanboy. It's called being real and not joining the hate bandwagon for no reason. If you wanna talk about people not putting enough on the streets, then how about PJ Ladd after Flip Really Sorry? How come Bob Burnquist keeps putting out a megaramp part one after another while Danny Way is still a questionmark? Janoski quit after his shoe became mainstream? Same thing with Muska? Where's Bryan Herman?

Notice how a lot of pros "disappear" once they make it $$$. No matter how much of a success Nyjah becomes he will always strive for more in skateboarding as far as level goes. That itself is respect if you look at what happens to the lot that "make it"
In the last 3 years I'd think guys like Suciu, Ishod, Wes and Cory Kennedy have put out more footage. And Shane puts out just as much footage, is a contest skater and has just as insane tricks in regards to NBD's.

GinosGroceries

« Reply #178 on: July 25, 2015, 07:39:36 PM »
If it's true, I wonder if he'll make the deadline for Chronicles 3. If anyone could film a part in such a short time period it would be Nyjah.

ManMelt

« Reply #179 on: July 25, 2015, 10:11:38 PM »
Nyjah cries when he doesn't win, he literally cries. And when Luan beat him this last Street League, Nyjah got all passive aggressive on Instagram. I don't care how many tricks he can do, Nyjah has never got me hyped on anything he's ever done. I'd rather watch Ishod skate flat ground in a parking lot, than any of Nyjah's video parts.  I could care less about any video part he put out. I just ignore him, he might as well not exist. I just wish he wouldn't be so public, because he's bringing all types of marc-ass busters into something that I love.