Author Topic: Nyjah to Nike in three months  (Read 122984 times)

shit_for_brains

Re: Nyjah to Nike in three months
« Reply #210 on: August 11, 2015, 04:20:16 PM »
Losing sucks. Who wants to lose something? I fucking hate losing. Crying is for pussies and bitches, but losing fucking sucks stop acting like people should be stoked to lose the thing they are competing in.

needlejuice

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -101
« Reply #211 on: August 11, 2015, 06:07:59 PM »
Losing sucks. Who wants to lose something? I fucking hate losing. Crying is for pussies and bitches, but losing fucking sucks stop acting like people should be stoked to lose the thing they are competing in.

maybe consider the fact that it's different because he's won 90 percent of these things?
try to remember, forget

shit_for_brains

« Reply #212 on: August 11, 2015, 06:24:11 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

maybe consider the fact that it's different because he's won 90 percent of these things?

You think that would make it better?

beat!

• Rep: -16
  • i feel like im skating a 7.5 in dunks
    • streetbeerz avatar image
« Reply #213 on: August 11, 2015, 07:26:13 PM »
I've heard that none of his pro shoes on DC have sold to expectations so I'm not sure how big that Nike contract would be and I'm sure DC would be fine letting him go

no DC shoes sell to expectations anymore :(

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #214 on: August 11, 2015, 09:31:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

im missing your point how the fuck does he lose if he places top 3...if you get 1st it means you deserved to win and just when you think youre at the top there is always some better who will come along and take it! i think once Nyjah is not placing in the leader stand he'll maybe consider chilling out

shit_for_brains

« Reply #215 on: August 11, 2015, 10:52:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
im missing your point how the fuck does he lose if he places top 3...if you get 1st it means you deserved to win and just when you think youre at the top there is always some better who will come along and take it! i think once Nyjah is not placing in the leader stand he'll maybe consider chilling out

Who won the last Street League? Was it Nyjah? Did he get 1st place? I thought Luan did, and that's why he's the winner?

Top 3, top 10, 2nd place, whatever. First place is the winner and every other place is the not-the-winner. That's why it's a competition, that's why there are rules, that's why there are scores, that's why there are awards and prizes, that's why there' are rankings, and that's why there are winners and losers. If you give your all and are competing, and you lose, it sucks. I don't mean it in a competitive drive-off-in-my-porsche way, but the only people who are okay with losing are losers.

I'm not referring to people who are shitty with their lives. I'm referring to not winning a competition. I'm talking to all the dipshits are going to quote me and talk about self-worth or whatever. Winning isn't the most important thing in the world, but it's the entire point of seriously competing at something.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #216 on: August 11, 2015, 11:21:10 PM »
^ yeah but everyone knows first is the worst, second is the best, third is the one with a hairy chest

wildbillhiccup

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -78
  • JACKASS
« Reply #217 on: August 12, 2015, 12:31:51 AM »
^ yeah but everyone knows first is the worst, second is the best, third is the one with a hairy chest
4th is the one with the treasure chest

Dirtymac

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #218 on: August 12, 2015, 05:22:04 AM »
Maybe he was shitting himself cause he needed that extra 10grand to pay off his drug dealer and second place just wasn't gonna cut it...or maybe he cried because he was saving up for his grandmas hip replacement or his Dads sex change operation. I don't really care for the kid, my point is you never really know what people have going on outside of skating that might be influencing their behavior.
"Never talk shit about a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. That way you're a mile away AND you've got his shoes"

zeepers

« Reply #219 on: August 12, 2015, 06:31:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Nyjah cries when he doesn't win, he literally cries. And when Luan beat him this last Street League, Nyjah got all passive aggressive on Instagram. I don't care how many tricks he can do, Nyjah has never got me hyped on anything he's ever done. I'd rather watch Ishod skate flat ground in a parking lot, than any of Nyjah's video parts.  I could care less about any video part he put out. I just ignore him, he might as well not exist. I just wish he wouldn't be so public, because he's bringing all types of marc-ass busters into something that I love.

[close]

i�m a lil drunk but yeeeah!
[close]

I was watching Tampa Pro and when Luan killed his 3rd run w/ the crowd hyped, they zoomed over to Nyjah whos run was next, and dude had the most sour look, un-appreciative of what Luan, and it looked to me like he just was trying to figure out a way to top it ???

yeah, that's called skating a contest...

cuntzilla

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -63
« Reply #220 on: August 12, 2015, 06:50:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

Who won the last Street League? Was it Nyjah? Did he get 1st place? I thought Luan did, and that's why he's the winner?

Top 3, top 10, 2nd place, whatever. First place is the winner and every other place is the not-the-winner. That's why it's a competition, that's why there are rules, that's why there are scores, that's why there are awards and prizes, that's why there' are rankings, and that's why there are winners and losers. If you give your all and are competing, and you lose, it sucks. I don't mean it in a competitive drive-off-in-my-porsche way, but the only people who are okay with losing are losers.

I'm not referring to people who are shitty with their lives. I'm referring to not winning a competition. I'm talking to all the dipshits are going to quote me and talk about self-worth or whatever. Winning isn't the most important thing in the world, but it's the entire point of seriously competing at something.
I don't rollerblade, I play ROLLER HOCKEY! I've been kicking haters like you to the curb forever

stevedave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 99
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #221 on: August 12, 2015, 08:11:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

this is exactly why SL is a horrible representation of what skateboarding is. 
"See you are like Mark David Chapman and my posts are John Lennon. You having nothing to offer so the best you can do is try to assassinate my beautiful posts. My Dental Plan is Strawberry fields and you are a sexually frustrated fat man."  ---NigNogNooo---

pinch a loaf

« Reply #222 on: August 12, 2015, 08:35:44 AM »
Exactly. No one can win skateboarding.

posguy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #223 on: August 12, 2015, 10:03:36 AM »
Exactly. No one can win skateboarding.

Except Dime seemed to win skateboarding this past weekend. Nyjah woud've been complaining at that contest when he failed to win that one too.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #224 on: August 12, 2015, 10:45:57 AM »
It's a skateboarding contest, not the war for Middle-Earth. The fate of skateboarding isn't up for grabs, just cash prizes relating to a particular contest. It's a sporting event, a display of prowess. It's not defining the culture or any of that shit. It's seeing who is the best within certain parameters. Does no one understand the concept of athleticism or competition? None of this is my particular brand of skateboarding, but how do people not see it for what it is?

the canadian suit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • Always lurking.
« Reply #225 on: August 12, 2015, 12:14:08 PM »
Maybe he was shitting himself cause he needed that extra 10grand to pay off his drug dealer and second place just wasn't gonna cut it...or maybe he cried because he was saving up for his grandmas hip replacement or his Dads sex change operation. I don't really care for the kid, my point is you never really know what people have going on outside of skating that might be influencing their behavior.

This explains a lot of his Dad's Rastafarian belief toward woman. Suppress, suppress, suppress... The closet is the safest place.
p-shuvs and v-flips

needlejuice

• Rep: -101
« Reply #226 on: August 12, 2015, 01:37:48 PM »
What do you guys hate more: Lil Wayne in skateboarding or Nyjah in anything?

think we all hate nyjah outside of skating the most, this is the root
try to remember, forget

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -304
« Reply #227 on: August 12, 2015, 02:31:48 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

in blankstare news i saw a video of lil wayne landing a pop shove off a drop

OldmanEpic

« Reply #228 on: August 12, 2015, 09:15:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

in blankstare news i saw a video of lil wayne landing a pop shove off a drop

I seen one today on instagram at prods park.

And pudwill did a backside 360 biggerflip off the same drop. At least thats what id call it, board flippitty flopped like crazy

southsecond

« Reply #229 on: August 13, 2015, 12:06:32 PM »

Of course you hate losing, stupid. Who the fuck doesn't? But you know what? Deal with it. No one said he had to be stoked on losing, just that he ought to act like a decent human.

Some people might refer to it as "being an adult," or "just sucking it the fuck up and not acting like a complete fucking infant at all times because things didn't go 100% the way you'd hoped they would."

southsecond

« Reply #230 on: August 13, 2015, 12:07:15 PM »
#pray4littelsmattie

Tay

« Reply #231 on: August 13, 2015, 12:25:42 PM »

MMM Hot girls, so wet, ten out of ten, sexy vapid slut with shit for brains, dime pieces #all day, massive celebrity, balls down brahs knees, fa real, TMZ, GOSSIP GOSSIP GOSSIP, fastest car, best car, plasti dip my dick brah, fucboi statues achieved, BRO BRO BRO BRO YOU ROCK!!! Fist bumps of joy, better than you, style, street CRED, all the ladies soaking wet, WET WET WET, cool douche brah cred·i·bil·i·ty, extreme mountain dew maneuvers.

Hold my Monster energy drink shrink, this 150 set rail needs to know about my daddy issues.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #232 on: August 13, 2015, 12:34:54 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Of course you hate losing, stupid. Who the fuck doesn't? But you know what? Deal with it. No one said he had to be stoked on losing, just that he ought to act like a decent human.

Some people might refer to it as "being an adult," or "just sucking it the fuck up and not acting like a complete fucking infant at all times because things didn't go 100% the way you'd hoped they would."

You start by using my point to argue against my point, and end it with a bunch of shit I never once mentioned. Who you callin' stupid, stupid?

southsecond

« Reply #233 on: August 13, 2015, 12:42:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

You start by using my point to argue against my point, and end it with a bunch of shit I never once mentioned. Who you callin' stupid, stupid?

You.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #234 on: August 13, 2015, 12:51:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

You.

Well you got me there.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #235 on: August 13, 2015, 01:08:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

I get it we have to separate the formal and informal definitions of #Winning

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #236 on: August 13, 2015, 02:04:14 PM »
not everyone hates nyjah. i still blame his dad for how fucked up he is/his childhood was. these same ppl that attack nyjah at every chance probably make fun of autistic people when they have outbursts or whatever
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

Baron Samedi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 372
« Reply #237 on: August 13, 2015, 02:27:10 PM »
not everyone hates nyjah. i still blame his dad for how fucked up he is/his childhood was. these same ppl that attack nyjah at every chance probably make fun of autistic people when they have outbursts or whatever
With regards to his partying and stuff, I compare him to the kids I went to college with who I'd see unconscious laying on the stairs up to their dorm room covered in vomit because their parents never let them drink in high school. That lack of experience led them to go completely fucking nuts when they went to college and those were the kids that ended up getting alcohol poisoning. Likewise, Nyjah had a crazy strict upbringing where he was basically a circus performer that made his dad fucktons of money but had no concept of how to enjoy life. So now he's getting a full 18 years of debauchery that he missed out of the way. Seems to be doing a bang-up job of it too.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #238 on: August 13, 2015, 03:07:43 PM »
If you put Tay and Nyjah in the same room, Nyjah would be face down in a pool of his own blood. The hatred is so strong hahah

Nyjah should really learn from pros before him, instead of saying insane shit like girls can't skate or he got dogged  at street league. Life doesn't cater to Nyjah Huston even though he thinks it should. I put him in the same boat with Shaun White, social retards that never had a childhood. Everyone telling them they're the greatest, the results can be pretty ugly.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #239 on: August 13, 2015, 08:13:43 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
With regards to his partying and stuff, I compare him to the kids I went to college with who I'd see unconscious laying on the stairs up to their dorm room covered in vomit because their parents never let them drink in high school. That lack of experience led them to go completely fucking nuts when they went to college and those were the kids that ended up getting alcohol poisoning. Likewise, Nyjah had a crazy strict upbringing where he was basically a circus performer that made his dad fucktons of money but had no concept of how to enjoy life. So now he's getting a full 18 years of debauchery that he missed out of the way. Seems to be doing a bang-up job of it too.

I feel the same way. Yes nyjah can come across as kooky at time but i mean come on, this is a guy that was born and breaded to always be the best and to always win and that's it. He honestly doesn't know any better, its a mental thing so his personality and his drive is unavoidable. He probably takes it as "Im Nyjah, the guy that was forced to quit school at such a young age to only focus on skateboarding 24/7 and have an insane coach of a dad to teach me to never lose and to always improve" to have a guy like that who takes contest seriously by nature lose to a guy that probably wasn't as heavily trained or forced to learn the way he did is probably more than just a normal defeat, it becomes emotionally personal. It reminds me of the 30 for 30 documentary The Marinovich Project, if anyone has a chance take a look at that its seriously the football version of what i think Nyjahs life is like.