Author Topic: Kalis facebook post  (Read 56063 times)

P Casanova

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -124
    • Eastern Exposure avatar image
Re: Kalis facebook post
« Reply #240 on: July 30, 2015, 09:39:03 AM »

dougDfresh

• Rep: -25
  • "...we are the dreamers of the dream."
« Reply #241 on: July 30, 2015, 10:25:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Kalis....come on guy! you want us to feel sympathy? 3k a month for the last 3 years yet you can afford a lambo and a pristine z28 1969 camaro. Yeah a doubt 3k was killing your pockets. Love was big part of your prime and is where I who live in the west coast first heard about you. For what the city is making you pay I'm sure you made more while blowing up love. My problem isn't with you its with the mentally that you want to call dibs on a certain obstacle and image on Love specially something that happened 15 years ago. If your hate isn't with Adidas ( which you rode for) or Suciu (who i think was just paying tribute) then its that you in some way feel disrespected in something that seems like more of dab versus a diss. I like that you tried to change the subject by saying Philly made me pay money that i forgot to pay so i own it. If Suciu hadn't done it somebody else would have done it in years to come and I'm sure somebody will eventually do it switch, but in no way is that disrespect its progression. So get out of the way and enjoy it instead.
[close]

I didn't change the subject.... Maybe if you read the actual thread you would see why it was brought up.
I rode for Addidas. Yes. But as soon as they wouldn't send me shell toes and tried pushing some random ass skate shoe on me, and used the warm up noseslide shot by some dude who had never shot skating before, then surprised me with the ad hanging up like a billboard at the trade show... And all the homies clowning me for it, I immediately quite. Lol.
Quit instigating. Have a decent conversation.

lol, I remember seeing this add and thinking WTF? The whole thing just seemed odd - from the trick to the way it was shot. It's funny to hear that it was a warm-up trick, can't imagine what the regular trick was on that thing. Can't understand why they didn't hook you up with shell toes since these were the main ones people would skate in back in the day. At first Paolo and Mark wouldn't get shell toes either since they were trying to promote some "skate" type ones. Those in this add, though, looked pretty good. I remember having a pair for school but I wouldn't skate them because they felt too rigid on top.

PS: Has love burned down yet?

shark tits

« Reply #242 on: July 30, 2015, 11:15:50 AM »
just had a strange thought, what if chops just made up all those interviews? like picked a pro that is hard to get a hold of, writes up some questions to them and answers the questions himself in the style of puleo, clyde shingletoes, whoever. i'm not saying i believe that's what he does but maybe one of us could do that, fan fiction style or whatever. in a lot of cases i bet slappers parody would be more interesting than the pros real answers, kinda why big brother was better than any straight forward mag.

poopnutsupreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 494
« Reply #243 on: July 30, 2015, 11:42:28 AM »
just had a strange thought, what if chops just made up all those interviews? like picked a pro that is hard to get a hold of, writes up some questions to them and answers the questions himself in the style of puleo, clyde shingletoes, whoever. i'm not saying i believe that's what he does but maybe one of us could do that, fan fiction style or whatever. in a lot of cases i bet slappers parody would be more interesting than the pros real answers, kinda why big brother was better than any straight forward mag.

I felt like that's how it was with vov vurnquist, any response he gave seemed way more interesting then what Bob would actually say.
Any dude that hates on roller hockey hasn't played, and likely haven't played a sport in their entire life.

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #244 on: July 30, 2015, 11:46:54 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I felt like that's how it was with vov vurnquist, any response he gave seemed way more interesting then what Bob would actually say.
a well done false Berra interview would be priceless

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #245 on: July 30, 2015, 12:47:31 PM »
If you still got the plastic jersey in your garage when I come down I wanna set it up for a noseblunt picture.

Gideon Choi

• Rep: 33
« Reply #246 on: July 30, 2015, 01:46:19 PM »
If this shit goes any farther than 5 pages I'll go burn Love to the ground I swear to god

Alright Shit For Brains, in order to save your reputation, if this thread hits 10 pages then you're going to have to burn down FDR park along with LOVE

ADOLF SHITLER

« Reply #247 on: July 30, 2015, 03:14:54 PM »
Wow. Slap really needs to get laid.
for real

pussy popper,pot smoker

« Reply #248 on: July 30, 2015, 03:31:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Wow. Slap really needs to get laid.
[close]
for real
or laid out, give'em the left hook or something.

skate_bored

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #249 on: July 30, 2015, 04:03:07 PM »
All Josh posted was a mild jab on Instagram towards Adidas about their unoriginal and similar ad. You are the ones who asked him why it bugs him.

Cant understand all the Kalis negativity in this thread but I can see why there are only a handful of pros interacting with SLAP.

hufs calve muscles

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 48
« Reply #250 on: July 30, 2015, 08:00:50 PM »
Nah. He called Mark out. But did it in a sneak diss way. So it was quite hoe-ish and I can see the hate.

And it is a jock car Josh. Same way people call dudes who mod Hondas "ricers"

I need a hater tee stat!!!

stone cold steve austin

• Rep: -84
« Reply #251 on: July 30, 2015, 08:21:32 PM »
is this still going?

pussy popper,pot smoker

« Reply #252 on: July 30, 2015, 09:15:46 PM »
Expand Quote
I want to see a pic of the warm-up noseslide Kalis!  It must have been pretty offensive to make you quit(e) Adidas. Sorry your friends clowned you and hurt your feelings.  It's ok to be sensitive
[close]

It was posted earlier in this thread.
the shoe looks dope but they really just thought, "naw don't use the good photos, just use the first thing you shot."

snowman600

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 740
« Reply #253 on: July 30, 2015, 09:32:10 PM »

pussy popper,pot smoker

« Reply #254 on: July 30, 2015, 10:16:59 PM »

"local pro skateboarder josh kalis was the last to be seen skating LOVE park this morning before it was torn down, we saw other locals trying to skate in there but they got arrested on sight by undercover cops that where seen wearing  kalis pro model dc's, he filmed the last NBDS in love park history and started the demolition right after the last trick was filmed, and he said "NOW YA'LL CAN'T BITE MY SHIT!" as he tears down the ledges in a custom built speed society bulldozer, more on this story of revenge at 11:00 clock eastern standard time on philly news channel 3."

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65504
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #255 on: July 30, 2015, 10:25:16 PM »
Quote from: TOAST-FACE KILLA  link=topic=86766.msg2362541#msg2362541 date=1438316146
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I want to see a pic of the warm-up noseslide Kalis!  It must have been pretty offensive to make you quit(e) Adidas. Sorry your friends clowned you and hurt your feelings.  It's ok to be sensitive
[close]

[close]
the shoe looks dope but they really just thought, "naw don't use the good photos, just use the first thing you shot."

May be DC can copy this classic ad and art direction? Settle the score.

I'm pretty sure Kalis said that Adidas sent a non-skate photographer to shoot this photo and that he didn't have a clue how to take photos of skating. Thus the end result was pretty crappy ;D
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 223
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #256 on: July 30, 2015, 10:53:27 PM »
Quote from: TOAST-FACE KILLA
"local pro skateboarder josh kalis was the last to be seen skating LOVE park this morning before it was torn down, we saw other locals trying to skate in there but they got arrested on sight by undercover cops that where seen wearing  kalis pro model dc's, he filmed the last NBDS in love park history and started the demolition right after the last trick was filmed, and he said "NOW YA'LL CAN'T BITE MY SHIT!" as he tears down the ledges in a custom built speed society bulldozer, more on this story of revenge at 11:00 clock eastern standard time on philly news channel 3."
;D

Eye witnesses at the scene say they saw what looked liked to be Love Park legend Ricky Oyola standing in the shadows of the rubble whispering to himself, "Lotta walls, lotta fucking SHIT!"
Self-proclaimed 'King of the East Coast' Bobby Puleo is refusing to comment on the incident at this point claiming that he is too busy stockpiling early 00's I-path Grasshoppers and chasing down (French) spot rushers to insult them in front of their pregnant wives. We'll have more updates for you as soon as they arrive...
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 12:14:13 AM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #257 on: July 30, 2015, 11:24:00 PM »
damn what happened to this thread. everything was going well, kalis had the embarassment game on lockdown. now all these posters are acting so dumb that kalis seems like the level headed one? way to ruin it you guys
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

hufs calve muscles

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 48
« Reply #258 on: July 30, 2015, 11:37:09 PM »
damn what happened to this thread. everything was going well, kalis had the embarassment game on lockdown. now all these posters are acting so dumb that kalis seems like the level headed one? way to ruin it you guys

9 pages of glory hole dude. It's Slap.

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #259 on: July 31, 2015, 12:08:04 AM »
All Josh posted was a mild jab on Instagram towards Adidas about their unoriginal and similar ad. You are the ones who asked him why it bugs him.

Cant understand all the Kalis negativity in this thread but I can see why there are only a handful of pros interacting with SLAP.
My thoughts exactly.
Kalis said that he's friends with Mark too; it could've just been Kalis busting his balls a bit, but everyone just blew it out of proportion.
Kinda reminds me of when Koston and Leo had that "beef" a few years back and everyone on here was getting all riled up about it and hating on Koston for attacking Leo for no good reason, only to find out that the whole thing was just some inside joke between the two.

pussy popper,pot smoker

« Reply #260 on: July 31, 2015, 02:10:28 AM »
Quote from: TOAST-FACE KILLA  link=topic=86766.msg2362541#msg2362541 date=1438316146
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

May be DC can copy this classic ad and art direction? Settle the score.

I'm pretty sure Kalis said that Adidas sent a non-skate photographer to shoot this photo and that he didn't have a clue how to take photos of skating. Thus the end result was pretty crappy ;D
that makes sense, also i would love if DC made a shoe with a really high side sole like that, i look the look of a even, high sidewall shoe but all the they make gets thicker at the back and higher, so insoles don't fit, then theu go and make the front smaller, so it's thin as a vulc and hurts, that's why i like shoes like the es accel, most vans even though they need to step their game up, and etnies marana for this reason. the look of the shoe i think is the best are shoes like the Fallen trooper model, it just feels more solid, but i'm making a kalis thread into a shoe thread right now so eh.

Slappydarkslide

« Reply #261 on: July 31, 2015, 06:03:45 AM »
Kalis, you must be pretty arrogant to think that Suciu and the photographer MUST have thought of your GREAT trick before shooting.  I guess they had to have thought about something done who knows how long ago.  Hell, Suciu is young and may have never seen it.  Get over yourself.  How many people have done a back tail on the ledges in a line at love?  100's?  Boo hoo

That said, you're still one of my favorite skaters. 

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 402
« Reply #262 on: July 31, 2015, 07:49:27 AM »
All you scraps on here trying to hate on Kalis need to fuck off. 

ill murray, can you remind me why you think im a kook

Gideon Choi

• Rep: 33
« Reply #263 on: July 31, 2015, 08:29:10 AM »

My thoughts exactly.
Kalis said that he's friends with Mark too; it could've just been Kalis busting his balls a bit, but everyone just blew it out of proportion.
Kinda reminds me of when Koston and Leo had that "beef" a few years back and everyone on here was getting all riled up about it and hating on Koston for attacking Leo for no good reason, only to find out that the whole thing was just some inside joke between the two.

Need backstory on the Leo/Koston beef. What happened? I love when Mexicans and Asians start scrapping

KUberry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -130
« Reply #264 on: July 31, 2015, 08:33:42 AM »
Leo wore a shirt that said 'fuck koston'

posguy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #265 on: July 31, 2015, 08:39:37 AM »
Kalis, you must be pretty arrogant to think that Suciu and the photographer MUST have thought of your GREAT trick before shooting.  I guess they had to have thought about something done who knows how long ago.  Hell, Suciu is young and may have never seen it.  Get over yourself.  How many people have done a back tail on the ledges in a line at love?  100's?  Boo hoo

That said, you're still one of my favorite skaters. 

... Nothing in advertising/graphic design is done on accident. Are you Tracer? Is this a new account so you thought we couldn't find you? What pro hasn't seen the iconic photo that Blabac shot... Do you know even who that is?

All you scraps on here trying to hate on Kalis need to fuck off. 

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3422
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #266 on: July 31, 2015, 08:42:45 AM »
I'll always be grateful for the anonymity of the internet.

I remember once it allowed me to chat with a professional skateboarder.

I used really strong words, called him a little bitch, told him he didn't know what he was talking about, challenged him to a dual, to the death no less, mocked his sexuality, told him I had done his sister in the anus, and then demanded he upload dick pics to prove his dick wasn't 3" long.

Yeah...I made him MY li'l bitch.

Shortly afterwards I saw this little bitch pro know-nothing out at a local spot. I was sitting there watching him skate and in my head I thought, "Oh man, that's that bitch I totally owned on SLAP." I wondered briefly if he'd ever know I was the guy who had embarrassed him in front of, basically, the whole world. Then I remembered there was know way he would ever know it was me, and I chuckled in my head.

Oh yeah.

Fuckin' bitch.

Sarcasm

• Rep: -9
« Reply #267 on: July 31, 2015, 08:44:57 AM »
The photographer ruined the photo with a fish eye and then they cover the LOVE symbol with a shoe. I can understand why Kalis would be pissed

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -145
« Reply #268 on: July 31, 2015, 11:46:48 AM »
it was definitely deliberate but its not like theyre trying to create a full ad campaign around this concept. its a one-shot ad and anybody who pays even a little attention know's who did the barrier stuff first. no ones fooling anybody here. they're not coming after your legacy kalis. cool ur jets.

woodsman

• Rep: 65
« Reply #269 on: July 31, 2015, 12:50:47 PM »
 It seems like most people posting just want a "fuck you" or a "thanks bro" from Kalis. About the facebook post, who gives a shit?