Author Topic: pro skater beefs  (Read 69065 times)

beazlocal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -28
Re: pro skater beefs
« Reply #90 on: October 07, 2015, 05:31:26 AM »
Anyone have the vid of Andy Roy trying to get Darren Naverette to fight him? I've been looking for it for a while now. I just remember that they were in a hotel lobby, and Andy was was saying "fuck creature" and was talking a bunch of other shit to Darren the whole time trying to initiate a fight but Darren didn't want to. I also remember Phelps was there, sitting down and watching the whole thing happen in a drugged out daze.

Only reason not to fight Andy Roy is fear of getting aids or hepatitis

Skate and Lose Weight

« Reply #91 on: October 07, 2015, 05:46:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Got something brand new to add to the list from Jimi Britches at FA to Jamie Thomas

Edit: In case its ever deleted

[close]

Perfect. Fuck Jamie Thomas.
[close]

He didnt tag Jamie. Coward move on my eyes.

And let's not forget, right when FA started someone showed a deck that they ripped off of some smaller brand. for the the yearbook photo deck down to the placement of the logo - Does anyone remember it?

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #92 on: October 07, 2015, 05:49:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Got something brand new to add to the list from Jimi Britches at FA to Jamie Thomas

[close]

[close]

[close]

And let's not forget, right when FA started someone showed a deck that they ripped off of some smaller brand. for the the yearbook photo deck down to the placement of the logo - Does anyone remember it?
lol!  I do remember that, would be jokes if it was a Zero graphic in the 1st place, anyone got this ?

via

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 239
« Reply #93 on: October 07, 2015, 06:27:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Falcon Bowse, Brian Downeys clothing "company". Its been posted a bunch of times but I'm not sure where to find it at the moment. Someone on Slap with more time can find it with some keyword searches.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #94 on: October 07, 2015, 06:48:54 AM »
Quote from: TOAST-FACE KILLA  link=topic=87822.msg2388780#msg2388780 date=1444169486
billy marks and clint walker had a little beef on instagram. waiting for kotr for the fight footage though, heres the two pics clint posted.

and heres one that billy posted with a quote

"Hey @theclintorous did u forget this happened before your team came to help u out? #thrasherkotr2015 #finallyover"
and heres a bonus pic of j lay that billy posted for his part

i'ma find some more beefs now.

finally some billy marks footage worth getting excited about!

Bitter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 162
« Reply #95 on: October 07, 2015, 08:03:23 AM »
Not sure if it's ongoing beef, but Nick Boserio didn't get on Alien because he choked out Dill.

Salty Lame Ass Poosey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -265
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #96 on: October 07, 2015, 08:17:59 AM »
Expand Quote
pappas and hawk

adam mcnatt and muska

micke reyes and reynolds

[close]

What happened with this?

i just remeber hearing micke wanted to beat up reynolds at some SOTY party or maybe he did at reynolds.

edit.

also jason jessee got punched hard in the face by a black skater guy for calling him the "n" word at anaheim convention center in like 88. its in that piece of garbage jason jessee documentary Pray For Me. Grosso said that after the punch Jason changed his attitude on listening to screwdriver and being racist or something to that affect.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 08:21:54 AM by Disco234 »
Skateboarding don't owe you shit but wheel bite in the rain -Jake Pheps

yatallfreak

• Rep: 11
« Reply #97 on: October 07, 2015, 08:31:02 AM »
Not sure if it's ongoing beef, but Nick Boserio didn't get on Alien because he choked out Dill.
Boserio was on Alien, he just pretty much got traded for Fitzgerald. In the interview with Dane Burman where they talk about what you mentioned Boserio says "ok now lets talk about something that actually happened" right after Burman mentioned it so it probably wasnt true

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1390
« Reply #98 on: October 07, 2015, 08:37:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Didn't Lizard King get into it with someone at Maloof Money Cup a few years back?

[close]

^Baby Schizo.

Chad Fernandez was going to box Markovich at one point (I think it was going to be an actual event), but it never happened. I can't remember how the beef came about, but Markovich bowed out after consulting his doctor iirc.

Mike Carroll and Ethan Fowler/Dave Carnie had a little beef back in the day.  Also Heath and Rowley were at odds at one point.  I hope that they've resolved their issues, I'm a fan of all of them.  I do wonder if their sponsors approach them to make up. Maybe I'm wrong but it seems feasible that pros would have middlemen willing to hear out both sides and bring about an agreement.
[close]

I don't remember the Carroll Ethan Carnie thing at all... what was that about?

Carnie wrote about it in King Shit awhile back, I couldn't find the article but it might be out there.

Basically, Ethan Fowler and Carnie were hanging around the venue for Carroll's SOTY party and Fowler called out to Carroll, "Mike Carroll, hip-hop skater of the year!" Kind of a little diss, I guess. So Carroll and his crew didn't like that, then Carnie went up to Greg Carroll and defended Ethan. As a result, Carnie and the Girl crew were distant for years.  Then Carnie saw Greg and asked if they could squash it like grown adults, and Greg agreed. I'm not sure if Ethan Fowler and Mike Carroll are still at odds or anything, I hope not - doesn't seem likely. Kind of like the same thing with Heath and Rowley, I hope they've resolved it.

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #99 on: October 07, 2015, 08:44:40 AM »

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #100 on: October 07, 2015, 08:44:57 AM »
Nick Trapasso trashed Darkstar in an interview, next day Chet posted a hilarious hate post on the website

jomeara1

« Reply #101 on: October 07, 2015, 08:54:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Didn't Lizard King get into it with someone at Maloof Money Cup a few years back?

[close]

^Baby Schizo.

Chad Fernandez was going to box Markovich at one point (I think it was going to be an actual event), but it never happened. I can't remember how the beef came about, but Markovich bowed out after consulting his doctor iirc.

Mike Carroll and Ethan Fowler/Dave Carnie had a little beef back in the day.  Also Heath and Rowley were at odds at one point.  I hope that they've resolved their issues, I'm a fan of all of them.  I do wonder if their sponsors approach them to make up. Maybe I'm wrong but it seems feasible that pros would have middlemen willing to hear out both sides and bring about an agreement.
[close]

I don't remember the Carroll Ethan Carnie thing at all... what was that about?
[close]

Carnie wrote about it in King Shit awhile back, I couldn't find the article but it might be out there.

Basically, Ethan Fowler and Carnie were hanging around the venue for Carroll's SOTY party and Fowler called out to Carroll, "Mike Carroll, hip-hop skater of the year!" Kind of a little diss, I guess. So Carroll and his crew didn't like that, then Carnie went up to Greg Carroll and defended Ethan. As a result, Carnie and the Girl crew were distant for years.  Then Carnie saw Greg and asked if they could squash it like grown adults, and Greg agreed. I'm not sure if Ethan Fowler and Mike Carroll are still at odds or anything, I hope not - doesn't seem likely. Kind of like the same thing with Heath and Rowley, I hope they've resolved it.

I bet it is.  Rowley just doesn't seem like the kind of person that would hold a grudge on something that happened so long ago.  I mean they were practically kids back then.  Not sure about Heath though, but I bet he's way over it too.

Also I remember reading an interview with Heath and he was talking about skaters "stealing" spots or something??  He brought up the staples center thing with Rowley and he said something like "It's Rowley's staple center...you're gonna try to prove yourself to one of the greatest skaters in the world that you can hit that spot better than him.."  I could be way off with the quote or even the subject but I remember he said something like that and to me it was sort of like evidence that they squashed the beef, otherwise he probably would've said something negative about him instead.

blue

• Rep: -22
« Reply #102 on: October 07, 2015, 08:57:21 AM »
Expand Quote

Koston - Alex olson

Dylan and olson (back in the day)

Dylan and the un named anti hero dude (anyone know who?)

chris cole and ben nordberg

reynolds and mosley

greco and FA

[close]
elaborate?

Greco constantly states that deathwish did the split veneers thing and placement of graphic between the trucks way before FA. He makes subtle jabs at them on insta all the time. most of which have been taken down.

Dylan says in his epicly latered that he was gunna get on anti hero but didn't get along with someone so he was over it. Never stated who and never heard from anyone who it was. anyone know?

midevilco

« Reply #103 on: October 07, 2015, 09:25:35 AM »
Expand Quote
I thought ragdoll and trainwreck were the same person lol
[close]
dude.... What the fuck? Why don't you kids learn some history before your internet shit talk session, fuckin eh. What are you guys all 12 ?
Jesus fucking Christ! You kids are so ready to talk shit, and most of the time your head is rammed way up your ass and you have no idea what you are talking about or even saying. Your generation is fucked

Damn Alex, calm down.

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
« Reply #104 on: October 07, 2015, 09:35:21 AM »
trapasso and jack curtain.  trapasso blocked jack from getting on converse

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1197
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
hardly art, hardly starving

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1362
« Reply #106 on: October 07, 2015, 09:47:58 AM »
Trapasso Vs Jordan Taylor
Trapasso called Jordan "Fat and whack"

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2534
« Reply #107 on: October 07, 2015, 10:01:03 AM »
I always wondered what happened to Spencer "Braveheart" Fujimoto after he decked Darren Harper during his 'fight' with lil Stevie. He left the scene real quick, and I always hoped that he would resurface 10 years later under an assumed name, renting surfboards in Bali or somewhere.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

whoami

• Rep: -43
« Reply #108 on: October 07, 2015, 10:14:48 AM »
I always wondered what happened to Spencer "Braveheart" Fujimoto after he decked Darren Harper during his 'fight' with lil Stevie. He left the scene real quick, and I always hoped that he would resurface 10 years later under an assumed name, renting surfboards in Bali or somewhere.

Spencer is doing El Señor. He is always around and still skating. That was just a case of a TM holding down his guys.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #109 on: October 07, 2015, 10:23:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Koston - Alex olson

Dylan and olson (back in the day)

Dylan and the un named anti hero dude (anyone know who?)

chris cole and ben nordberg

reynolds and mosley

greco and FA

[close]
elaborate?
[close]

Greco constantly states that deathwish did the split veneers thing and placement of graphic between the trucks way before FA. He makes subtle jabs at them on insta all the time. most of which have been taken down.

Dylan says in his epicly latered that he was gunna get on anti hero but didn't get along with someone so he was over it. Never stated who and never heard from anyone who it was. anyone know?

On a similar note, Jack Fardell never got on Anti Hero because Raney and Andy Roy weren't fucking with him.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Shredface

• Rep: -44
« Reply #110 on: October 07, 2015, 10:53:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I thought ragdoll and trainwreck were the same person lol
[close]
dude.... What the fuck? Why don't you kids learn some history before your internet shit talk session, fuckin eh. What are you guys all 12 ?
Jesus fucking Christ! You kids are so ready to talk shit, and most of the time your head is rammed way up your ass and you have no idea what you are talking about or even saying. Your generation is fucked
[close]

Damn Alex, calm down. Hahahahahaha, that's funny. No , not train wreck, pretty sure his fat little fingers would prevent his involvement in an online shit talk fest. Ok , how about : PJ vs Vanik/Robbie G
                                                      PJ vs Kalis
                                                       Guy vs Justin Pierce / entire NYC skate scene

pabloalvarado

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
  • Elissa Steamer is a superstar.
« Reply #111 on: October 07, 2015, 11:33:19 AM »

kingpinuser

• Rep: 54
« Reply #112 on: October 07, 2015, 12:45:27 PM »
1994 Radlands contest some of top American guys where giving shit to Tom Penny, I remember Rowley in the interview saying these were the top US guys and they were just making fun of Penny but then a year later they all wanted to claim they were down with him. Who knows if Penny even noticed though.

Shitbag

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 165
  • A mystery wrapped inside a Twinkie
« Reply #113 on: October 07, 2015, 01:39:40 PM »
1994 Radlands contest some of top American guys where giving shit to Tom Penny, I remember Rowley in the interview saying these were the top US guys and they were just making fun of Penny but then a year later they all wanted to claim they were down with him. Who knows if Penny even noticed though.
I don't remember exactly where I read it but I recall the guys were Girl dudes and they were actually spitting at Penny or spitting where he was skating, maybe they were clowning him for being a hometown hero or whatever they thought he was some local park kook trying to show everyone up.
Probably some English bloke said all this I forget but it's in some interview in some mag or maybe it was Rowley on some Epicly Later'd shit, something like that.

darkslideoftheforce

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -24
« Reply #114 on: October 07, 2015, 02:19:00 PM »
Guy vs Justin Pierce / entire NYC skate scene

elaborate?

ADOLF SHITLER

« Reply #115 on: October 07, 2015, 02:39:23 PM »
skate beef is always corny as fuck, oh i skated this spot first or whatever nigga who cares. that philly shit is hands down the worst though. a bunch of dudes from the burbs who think they tough cuz they skate a spot with bums around and shit gimme a break. that shit in the bake and destroy video where they show gary rogers kinda popsicle on a flatground kickflip was funny though, thats how a skate diss should be

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #116 on: October 07, 2015, 03:19:31 PM »
Trapasso Vs Jordan Taylor
Trapasso called Jordan "Fat and whack"

Trapasso is a fucking kook! dude is known for not giving approval for people to ride the sponsors he rides for. I never understood why he had so much say to do stuff like this, its been said plenty of times that the guy is one of the laziest pros ever.

Spitfire4life

• Rep: -20
« Reply #117 on: October 07, 2015, 03:51:55 PM »
Heath talked shit about Jordan Hoffart in one of his interviews for 360 flipping his gap.

"I’m kind of talking in circles, but mainly I hated the amateurs coming after me. I had this one kid that went to like three of my spots and completely took me apart at them—he backlipped El Toro, he switch grinded this hubba that I regular grinded. Nutty, nutty sh-t, and I was like, this guy is after me. And there was another kid that I was really harsh about, he rode for Adio or something."
http://skateboarding.transworld.net/features/10-skaters-who-changed-the-decade-heath-kirchart/#VihvaBmpGIEYzysS.99
If you take medical advice from this puddle of retards you are going to die.

jomeara1

« Reply #118 on: October 07, 2015, 03:55:25 PM »
skate beef is always corny as fuck, oh i skated this spot first or whatever nigga who cares. that philly shit is hands down the worst though. a bunch of dudes from the burbs who think they tough cuz they skate a spot with bums around and shit gimme a break. that shit in the bake and destroy video where they show gary rogers kinda popsicle on a flatground kickflip was funny though, thats how a skate diss should be

I hear that.  I love Kalis, Stevie, Getz, all those dudes, but I'm sick of hearing about why the Philly scene was "the best era in skateboarding."

straight

« Reply #119 on: October 07, 2015, 04:19:42 PM »
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 04:21:14 PM by straight »