Author Topic: pro skater beefs  (Read 69066 times)

TheDraught

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65239
  • Team -65K
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: pro skater beefs
« Reply #240 on: August 12, 2023, 12:09:08 PM »
From what I remember the late 80s were very hostile and a lot of it came from interviews in magazines with dudes like Salba, Duane Peters, the Godoy brothers, Jason Jessee and so on.

If you didn't skate backyard pools, the Combipool at Badlands or ollied into your airs you were considered a pussy at least. The whole attitude was still very punk back then.

Seems skateboarding got more and more mellow over the years, at least until social media.

Mr. Pickles

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 40
« Reply #241 on: August 12, 2023, 03:19:11 PM »
Mine will always be the beef between Darren Harper and Stevie Williams because Stevie was wetting Darren for being on Yums (which most anybody would do because Yums had to be one of the stupidest companies ever, with no relation to skateboarding).
My homie got married in a pair of purple Yums. Same person was walking down SE Foster in Portland and somebody rolled down their window and yelled “nice n-word shoes, f-word!” Oregon sucks.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1593
« Reply #242 on: August 12, 2023, 03:42:50 PM »
I’ve always had beef with green fonts…..

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2258
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #243 on: August 12, 2023, 04:46:39 PM »
Whole Palace squad got beef now, thanks to that McDonald’s collab.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3378
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #244 on: August 12, 2023, 05:15:42 PM »
Tracer, where you at?

tadej Pog

• Rep: -527
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #245 on: August 12, 2023, 05:21:30 PM »
Palace and FA
Miss you Rusty Berings

smellsdead

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1273
« Reply #246 on: February 07, 2024, 12:49:54 PM »
bump

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #247 on: February 07, 2024, 02:24:40 PM »
Pro skater related beef.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Denim Pizza

• Rep: -105
« Reply #248 on: February 07, 2024, 02:29:28 PM »
Gifted Hater mentioned something of an Australian beef between Rob Pace and Jack O’Grady.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1353
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #249 on: February 07, 2024, 03:30:47 PM »
Gifted Hater mentioned something of an Australian beef between Rob Pace and Jack O’Grady.
That's over that double rail that Jack got the Thrasher cover for. The story goes Rob fixed it up and Jack got the clip. The part that is unclear is if Jack was aware that Rob had fixed the spot.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #250 on: February 10, 2024, 09:54:37 PM »
As I learned from a different UWTB thread: Nassim Gummaz & Luci Clarke got some beef between them, though it seems to be entirely one sided.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 873
« Reply #251 on: February 10, 2024, 10:10:45 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
That's over that double rail that Jack got the Thrasher cover for. The story goes Rob fixed it up and Jack got the clip. The part that is unclear is if Jack was aware that Rob had fixed the spot.
I thought there was a clip with the passport guys showing how they fixed up the spot. Possibly even moved the entire second rail. Would be pretty chat if Jack snaked him after that much work but then a rollerblader already did it first anyway so not exactly the most original idea to begin with.

Tireeedd

• Rep: 86
« Reply #252 on: February 11, 2024, 11:44:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
I thought there was a clip with the passport guys showing how they fixed up the spot. Possibly even moved the entire second rail. Would be pretty chat if Jack snaked him after that much work but then a rollerblader already did it first anyway so not exactly the most original idea to begin with.

ahhhh two people think they are both sick cunts and then yeah, nah, yeah cunt they are both not even first

skate_or_dingus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 256
« Reply #253 on: February 11, 2024, 12:24:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

ahhhh two people think they are both sick cunts and then yeah, nah, yeah cunt they are both not even first

Ya I can words too

skippersoldballs

• Rep: 72
« Reply #254 on: February 11, 2024, 12:35:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]

Ya I can words too
not cool dude he was talking in Australian

bartje pipi

• Rep: 0
« Reply #255 on: April 13, 2024, 03:46:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Koston - Alex olson

Dylan and olson (back in the day)

Dylan and the un named anti hero dude (anyone know who?)

chris cole and ben nordberg

reynolds and mosley

greco and FA

[close]
elaborate?
[close]

Greco constantly states that deathwish did the split veneers thing and placement of graphic between the trucks way before FA. He makes subtle jabs at them on insta all the time. most of which have been taken down.

Dylan says in his epicly latered that he was gunna get on anti hero but didn't get along with someone so he was over it. Never stated who and never heard from anyone who it was. anyone know?

[close]
On a similar note, Jack Fardell never got on Anti Hero because Raney and Andy Roy weren't fucking with him.

I think jack fardell en jack o'grady had a little beef too. I think fardell talked some shit to him and o'grady called him out in an interview. Anyone remember this?

Also Ethan Fowler vs Benny Fairfax for calling him the n-word

Aerozzmith

• Rep: 5
« Reply #256 on: April 13, 2024, 03:54:44 PM »
Greco vs JRog (pre-rap bonanza), 00’s era, spot beef, and a rumored firearm. That’s some mad drama.

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 746
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #257 on: April 13, 2024, 07:17:00 PM »
Greco vs JRog (pre-rap bonanza), 00’s era, spot beef, and a rumored firearm. That’s some mad drama.

Explain

I remember Greco VS J-Lay via epicly laterd blog post during KOTR: “j-lay & j-lo: same ass different bitch”
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

lulz

• Rep: 80
« Reply #258 on: April 13, 2024, 10:22:18 PM »
Pro skater related beef.

This. This is why I’m here.
lol

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 220
  • Get bent
« Reply #259 on: April 14, 2024, 04:52:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Pro skater related beef.

[close]

This. This is why I’m here.
lol

16 bucks for a smash burger…no fries?? Not a damn chance
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

Shtonk

• Rep: -471
« Reply #260 on: April 14, 2024, 08:21:15 AM »
What went down between Heath and James Hardy?

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 314
« Reply #261 on: April 14, 2024, 09:12:37 AM »
Heath pranked him with flour and gave him an allergic reaction. The whole story is gnarlier just listen to the Bunt.

Scarecrow Radio

• Rep: 31
  • we are the music makers
« Reply #262 on: April 14, 2024, 07:24:02 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Explain

I remember Greco VS J-Lay via epicly laterd blog post during KOTR: “j-lay & j-lo: same ass different bitch”
Greco and Jereme got into it over a switch tre down the 11 stair that was in Jim's 'Greco is Off Drugs' Baker ad. Apparently there was a race to do it first and there was rumors of one threatening the other with a gun but I forget who was who in that scenario

rosemaryBB

• Rep: 36
« Reply #263 on: April 14, 2024, 08:53:21 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Explain

Greco complimented J-Lay for being caked up? Is that’s what happened?

Jim and Dan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 499
  • Twenty-six Conversions in A.D. 46
« Reply #264 on: April 15, 2024, 05:24:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Koston - Alex olson

Dylan and olson (back in the day)

Dylan and the un named anti hero dude (anyone know who?)

chris cole and ben nordberg

reynolds and mosley

greco and FA

[close]
elaborate?
[close]

Greco constantly states that deathwish did the split veneers thing and placement of graphic between the trucks way before FA. He makes subtle jabs at them on insta all the time. most of which have been taken down.

Dylan says in his epicly latered that he was gunna get on anti hero but didn't get along with someone so he was over it. Never stated who and never heard from anyone who it was. anyone know?

[close]
On a similar note, Jack Fardell never got on Anti Hero because Raney and Andy Roy weren't fucking with him.
[close]

I think jack fardell en jack o'grady had a little beef too. I think fardell talked some shit to him and o'grady called him out in an interview. Anyone remember this?

Also Ethan Fowler vs Benny Fairfax for calling him the n-word

T-Mo? He always gave off intolerant vibes so I could see this being an issue. It was an NZ Vans trip that sparked the whole thing off, I remember the tour article, so I doubt it would be the other Tony.
Roll for Rusty, Frip, Dapple and Tate

"My boiz better take my body, and boardslide me down the fucking bridge, in San Francisco"

ungzilla

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 989
« Reply #265 on: April 15, 2024, 07:44:40 AM »
what i can remember of the jack ogrady/fardell thing was based on the thrasher cover of o'grady doing a nosegrind on a huge skatepark guard rail in and out of some gnarly transition, fardell had already done it but grabbed to come back in, o'grady popped out no grab. passport posted the cover with a caption saying something like "nbd" as a jab at fardell, that's my hazy memory of the situation. i guess there must have been some pre-existing shit between them for passport to do that.

edit: not a cover but in here

https://www.thrashermagazine.com/articles/jack-o-grady-the-thrasher-interview/

Trickflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
« Reply #266 on: April 15, 2024, 03:45:51 PM »
By a raise of hands, who doesn’t have beef with Jack O’grady?

Ninj2

• Rep: -103
« Reply #267 on: April 15, 2024, 03:58:48 PM »
Beef isn’t even real anymore.

dallou

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 177
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #268 on: April 15, 2024, 04:06:39 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Heath pranked him with flour and gave him an allergic reaction. The whole story is gnarlier just listen to the Bunt.

pranked him is not the word I would use. Just check the bunt itw but it's quite fucked.

Hardy was 16, Heath was a full blown adult and did not even knew him but decided to participate in a weird "birthday" beatdown of the guy. But yeah more complicated and fucked than that just go listen to itw, it's toward the end

https://soundcloud.com/thebuntlive/the-bunt-s06-episode-2-ft-james-hardy-they-duct-taped-my-arms-and-feet-and-threw-me-in-the-backyard
check my music

PalaceButtPlug

• Rep: -362
« Reply #269 on: April 15, 2024, 05:02:00 PM »
the more i read this shit, the more i think slap pals have become pussies