Author Topic: Skate dreams are made of this, who am I to disagree?  (Read 36988 times)

asakusa75

Re: Skate dreams are made of this, who am I to disagree?
« Reply #60 on: December 02, 2016, 03:50:53 PM »
This thread...can't believe its almost been a year since 360 Frip left us....

I recently re-connected properly with one of my friends who went off the rails a bit when James passed.He is back and doing much better now, has come to terms with it all.
Since then we have been in really regular contact and laughing our arses off at all the dumb/funny shit James did.
We miss him so much though still. He was the guy in our crew that you love to hate, but can't do without.
Best days of our lives.

AllBranFlakes69

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 1
  • Make fibre your friend
« Reply #61 on: December 02, 2016, 10:42:46 PM »
This one dream I had I was skating a bowl and slammed. When I got up from the slam I noticed my watch was broken, somehow this made my mind realize I was in a dream but the realization instantly made me wake up.

Anyone ever have lucid dreams or better, lucid skate dreams?

Koozin

• Rep: -18
« Reply #62 on: December 03, 2016, 06:42:53 AM »
I had a dream I was Luan landing the switch bigspin heel at street league, then it fast forwarded to me in Brazil licking coke off Letcia's cakes

Tyson

• Rep: 1
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #63 on: December 20, 2016, 09:12:40 AM »
Kelly Hart announced that Expedition was going out of business

jamesiswhateveryousayheis

• Rep: -17
« Reply #64 on: December 21, 2016, 02:33:55 AM »
HUGE backside flip melons on the quarter..

not_ericricks

• Rep: -65
« Reply #65 on: December 21, 2016, 03:25:12 AM »
About 2 weeks ago I dreamt that I was doing flawless hurricanes on a cement quarter. It felt awesome and I kept doing them. Then I started reverting out of them the hard way and it was great!

Ive always sucked at skating any tranny so this was cool.

Also, I think it was at beibels park? And it was drake jones that was teaching me hahahah.

Anyhow it was pretty neat

I stand one step above you like a pharmacist

not_ericricks

• Rep: -65
« Reply #66 on: December 26, 2016, 10:46:09 PM »
I had a really fucked up one yesterday, vicodan induced.

A clip was sent to me of a very young jaws. He was super tech with great style.

Then it ended with a clip at the old huntington park. He heelflipped the pyramid and then on the way out of the park he wallied the brick wall, with a mctwist.

I freaked out and looked at the vhs tape and it was labelled aaron, property of mike vallely. Public domain outtakes

Fuckin weird
I stand one step above you like a pharmacist

snowman600

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 725
« Reply #67 on: January 03, 2017, 04:30:09 PM »
Last night I dreamt that I butt-dialed Hjalte and after apologizing to him, some guy he was with told me Shmatty's about to drop a heavy part called "Pray"

handsclapanin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #68 on: January 04, 2017, 09:50:14 AM »
Had a weird one last night. Once again, Slappers are making their way into my dreams.
It was at some school yard. I was there with my good friend Dave.
There was a slanted roof awning. Sharktits was up there, about to roll in. But the roof was one of those that has pebbles glued on it. So he had a little scrap of plywood he was rolling in on. Then it was like a 6 or 7 foot drop off the end. He went for it and slammed. So he hops back up to try again. I notice the plywood is only like half the length he needs. I always roll with a couple pieces of metal in my car. So I go up to Sharktits to ask if he wants to use the metal to make this drop in feasible.
Then at the other end of this school yard, on top of this hill, Jamie Thomas is there. Yelling at us to get out of his way. He is about to try a line and we are somewhere in the halfway point, messing things up for him.
Then I woke up.

shark tits

« Reply #69 on: April 21, 2017, 10:36:56 AM »
^that rules, handsclapanin!
on that note, i had a dream last night i was hanging out w/ sir robert polio in like an art gallery type setting [not skating]. it might've even been a record store or some dreamy medley of the 2.
he was taciturn and kinda boring but in the midst of the banality i thought 'wait til i tell the boys on slap' and then upon waking up i was disappointed that i had not in fact spent the night w/ mr cellar door.
not for sure if i commented this before but in SF i usedta have dreams of nollie heelflipping down shrader st w/ karl watson [based off seeing him do them in front of FTC [old school].

Jordick

« Reply #70 on: April 21, 2017, 12:16:48 PM »
had a really weird dream two days ago I was hanging out with Danny away and he told me my dad was an alcoholic

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #71 on: April 21, 2017, 12:33:14 PM »
i had one the other night where i could do switch front bigspins. ive come close to them before, but never landed one. the trick is to just whip your back foot and the rest happens automatically.

RIP Frip.

20matar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #72 on: April 24, 2017, 05:52:55 PM »
Last night I dreamt I got a pair of Guy Mariano NB# shoes from my mother as a Christmas gift. They were a size 10.5, two full sizes bigger than mine. They were really odd, but looked amazing to me in the dream. The soles were like a Dylan's, but they looked super tech with that weird bullseye ollie pad some Numeric models do. I was too embarassed to ask my mother to get them exchanged, and she bought it in Sweden in the dream. Weird.

rejectpaul

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -48
  • No sense makes sense.
« Reply #73 on: April 25, 2017, 04:42:37 AM »
skate dreams worked well for Callum Paul

Ty Evans doesn't do what Ty Evans does for Ty Evans. Ty Evans does what Ty Evans does because Ty Evans is... Ty Evans

Todd Falcon > Tony Hawk

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #74 on: April 30, 2017, 05:58:46 AM »
Had a dream that I had switch 360 powerslides on lock and now they make perfect sense in my head. Better get out there and see if I can make them happen.
so this was a while back but I now have these on lock and they feel so nice 8)

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #75 on: April 30, 2017, 03:05:39 PM »
Had a dream that I was finally able to skate again last night and I accidentally did a manny front foot front shove out when I was trying to sex change out. It felt tight as fuck.

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
« Reply #76 on: May 02, 2017, 04:08:52 AM »
dropping the nac at tampa

kook nukem

« Reply #77 on: May 02, 2017, 09:08:24 PM »
Had one the other night where I was blasting huge frontside ollies on a section of tranny where I can barely pop them. First waking up after a skate dream, it seems you've actually got the trick figured out. Need to make an effort to start trying that shit ASAP after the dream to see if it helps.

dirtyweemidden

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
« Reply #78 on: May 03, 2017, 01:15:07 AM »
i never remember dreams but i definitely recall learning boardslides via a dream.. was yeears ago but i was psyching myself out trying to man up to my first skatepark handrail. bitched out, went home, dreamt it, went the next day and landed it first try haha

if only i could do that with every trick

OrangeVHStapes

• Rep: 84
« Reply #79 on: May 03, 2017, 11:08:56 AM »
Learning a trick in a dreams helps you learn them in real life. When I was a teenager I dreamt that I learned switch inward heels (in my younger days my flip trick game was pretty strong) I woke up the next morning, tried a few and got em. Never even thought of trying that trick in my life before that. Weird.

Cuban_Lynx

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #80 on: May 03, 2017, 12:12:36 PM »
Had a dream I brought it down the pipe to Mami. If only...

Jollyoli

• Rep: 91
« Reply #81 on: May 04, 2017, 06:58:06 AM »
Had one I could do fully extended backside boneless on vert a-la blender/phillips, went to the local threw it all the way out there and pulled it back, was that stoked I fully hung up and splat to flat, then I woke up with my wife shouting at me for punching her in the back of the head then jumping 6 inches off the bed and scaring the crap out of her.
Was still stoked.
Hey, hey, hey. Don't be mean. We don't have to be mean because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #82 on: May 05, 2017, 05:14:43 PM »
Had one I could do fully extended backside boneless on vert a-la blender/phillips, went to the local threw it all the way out there and pulled it back, was that stoked I fully hung up and splat to flat, then I woke up with my wife shouting at me for punching her in the back of the head then jumping 6 inches off the bed and scaring the crap out of her.
Was still stoked.
That might be the best thing I'll read on SLAP all year

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

notcool

« Reply #83 on: May 06, 2017, 03:36:59 PM »
I literally have them every night even though i am skating again.  I first started having these dreams for 2 years when i quit for that period. i think it had something to do with me unconsciously yearning to skate even though i wasn't physically doing it.

20matar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #84 on: May 07, 2017, 07:35:23 AM »
I dreamt that, somehow, I was on Fucking Awesome. That I became really good at skateboarding and was called up to the team, but that I needed to find a childhood photo to get a pro board so I had to scour the house looking for a suitable picture. I couldn't find it and I woke up.

Grind King Rims

« Reply #85 on: May 23, 2017, 02:57:48 AM »
Dreamt that Lucas Puig was on Sour skateboards. Now that I'm awake, I know he said it's a US company, but in my dream we were all stoked and I thought it'd be super sick.

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 770
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #86 on: June 08, 2017, 03:12:24 AM »
I firecrackered up an eight, and if i find the right one im gonna try

Spike Hawke

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #87 on: June 08, 2017, 05:15:44 AM »
Saw the title and presumed it was about this local guy making boards. Annie Lennox is OG Aberdeen

kook nukem

« Reply #88 on: June 09, 2017, 10:16:15 PM »
Was still stoked.
Hilarious. I had the opposite of a skate dream the other day, I guess. I was skating and doing flip tricks so consistently that it felt like I was dreaming, but it was real. I was so hyped, and I tried to explain the feeling to my fiancee later, but it was hard express.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1569
« Reply #89 on: June 10, 2017, 12:31:02 AM »
after nearly two decades of skating i still find myself having skate dreams all the time.

i had a really strange one last night actually, in which i wasn't the actual person skating, for once - or maybe i had been at some point, but at the point i remember, i was only being a passive pile checking instagram (thereby also marking the first time i remember social media popping up in my dreams ; maybe a sign i should take a break from those), scrolling through everybody's skate clips in my feed. and out of the blue i stumble upon this fucking insane minute-long edit of dudes all skating the same plaza, but that plaza was the sketchiest, shittiest spot you could think of - to the point where it wouldn't even qualify as skatable in real life (and trust me, i have low standards in that department). floor was a mix of unpolished, rough red bricks and patterns of random rugged tiles, half of which were broken, literally blown out, and there also was this weird mix of a 2-block, double set and planter which looked just as terrible. and the dudes in the clips (locals ?) were stringing together insanely fast lines there, magically avoiding all the holes and cracks and traps my brain was conceiving with effervescent malice - it looked like a brand new style of skating. one of the guys kept doing the sketchiest 360 nollies out of a frontside grinder on the planter thing at some point, hauling ass, shattering debris. funniest part of the whole thing though was the instagram caption of the clip, for not once did it ever mention anything extraordinary about the state of the spot or how uniquely the guys were skating - instead it was something generic along the lines of, "@averagedude @johnsmith @joemcfuckingdoe random plaza routine. fun times ! :cameraemoji:'. overall effect was quite similar to the jacob harris atlantic drift edit at the st. paul cathedral, just 100 times fiercer, if that's even conceivable. and the vibe felt like an adrenalin vid. anyway, waking up this morning i actually wasn't quite certain whether or not i had dreamed it all up (i regularly have that with skate stuff), but i would have loved to be able to dig it up and watch it again.

i've learned tricks in my dreams before successfully applying them to real life, too. most notable one was nollie b/s lipslide shove-it on ledges a long time ago (can't even do them anymore). i had just learned nollie b/s lips in real life then (2008 ?), but the thought of adding a shove-it out really had never even occured to me, it was a completely foreign idea, then i had a dream in which i was doing one by accident and of course, when i tried them the next day, i could do them. the spontaneity of the thought process behind this one actually intrigued - as well as confused - me for the longest time.

another one - not long after watching questionable for the first time as a kid, i caught that dream where i could flip all kinds of wild shit on flat on the road in front of my parents' house - sketchy varial kickflip late backside double whatever and everything i felt like on command - but could never actually land the trick, always missing landing on the board by an inch, or slipping out... i remember it feeling so frustrating. probably the skate equivalent to the typical little kid nightmare where some type of monstruousity is coming after you, yet your legs keep giving away for some reason.

yet another one, when i was a kid, our local little meet-up spot & wannabe plaza became a bust, complete with agro neighbors and cops showing up several times a day, to the point where they even set up a surveillance camera up on the roof of one of the small buildings nearby, just to watch for any potential skaters, which i thought was a really cheap, low blow. not long after that, i had a dream in which i was somehow being confronted for skating that spot, and upon pursuing the same old mindless arguing routine, at some point the person confronting me mentions surveillance cameras on the roof so i look up, and sure enough, 40+ surveillance cameras of different styles, sizes, shapes and forms are lined up all alongside the edge of the top of the building, pointed at me ; a scene which obviously wouldn't be complete without a decorative extra such as a shitload of random antennas & other tech-looking features in the background, just sitting there. that woke me up, and the shame of having dreamed up something so stupid haunted me for a while after that.

finally, my best and favorite skate dream ever was when i was around 17, 18. roll forever had just come out and out of the blue, on one shitty rainy week night i caught the dream that i was having a full-on day-long session at my favorite spots downtown, flowing casually for what felt like hours, occasionally hitting random 5-feet-high wallies on straight walls - and everything, everything i was doing in that hell of a dream was perfectly orchestrated to the song in darrell stanton's roll forever part. i didn't even like darrell stanton all that much, but i guess my brain had a thing with that blackalicious track, so much that it kept flawlessly reciting me the tune like a thousand times on repeat, all the while my dream skating certainly wasn't missing a beat. i remember going to class in the rain at 7 the next morning, feeling as though my body had taken the abuse of an actual, physical skate session (i could definitely feel a comparable endorphins rush, despite not having skated in days). my mind had definitely been sessionning, the song remained stuck in my head for ages and to this day, 'as the world turns' still is on my mp3 player, just like it's been on every player i've had since, and most everytime i go to sleep, part of me always kind of wishes i could have this sort of dream again.

oh and there isn't one girl i have slept with that i haven't also dream kickflipped (the jolt-out-of-sleep-whilst-kicking-a-preferably-inanimate-usually-hard-object kind), in the shins or worse. i even remember having to move my bed away from my wall when i was around 13, 14, for otherwise i would keep waking myself up stubbing my toes, unconsciously slamming my right foot (i'm goofy) into said wall as soon as the early hours of the morning, several times a week, due to my first desperate attempts of the forementioned dream kickflip - which were probably mobbed, too. but that really doesn't beat the backside boneless twist on that common phenomenon someone else just reported experiencing above this wall of text

tldr : koichiro uehara & julien stranger's offspring meet a post-apocalyptic EMB-styled spot with holes everywhere in it, surveillance cameras galore, and darrell stanton
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 09:46:11 AM by silhouette »