Author Topic: Jamie vs. Ed  (Read 17666 times)

No1knows

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -43
Re: Jamie vs. Ed
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2015, 10:18:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Yeah man its like sex.. Pizza is like sex.. I mean even if its not really good its always good.
[close]
"It wasn't good? At least you had some"

Ahah ! Yeeee I always make sure I got the best pizza. And usually its up to the girl. (Or the chicks would say its up to the guys)
Anyways the only time I pray is when I need a job like right now. :-*
hi.

sk8fool

• Rep: -30
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2015, 10:34:11 PM »
As a christian praying does work - but it isn't always God's will to answer a prayer. What people are praying for is an inner peace in this situation that can only come from God. He gives people that rest when they truly seek him.

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2015, 10:47:18 PM »
^wow, cant believe ur actually coming in here and trying to defend ISIS and the paris attacks, thats low.
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

PsychOut

« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2015, 11:15:07 PM »
As a christian praying does work - but it isn't always God's will to answer a prayer. What people are praying for is an inner peace in this situation that can only come from God. He gives people that rest when they truly seek him.

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28

Do Christians believe that a God controls things? Or a higher inner god that lives in people? I believe in something I don't think I'd call it "God" but I believe in something spiritual that comes within, I learnt about god and the bible but I took no notice or cared in school, I'd never follow a religion, but I am curious to learn others beliefs

Also who wrote the bible?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 11:28:27 PM by PsychOut »

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 248
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2015, 11:16:54 PM »
We were killing each other long before organized religion and will be doing so long after it is obsolete. I'm not religious, but people kill each other for multiple reason which can be perceived in-equality, scarcity of resources and thrust for power, religion can be a something that reflects this but it isn't the reason. If we got rid of religion this would just be reflected through other things.

tb303

• Rep: -141
  • acid drop
« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2015, 12:25:54 AM »
this just in, people have opinions

20matar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2015, 02:16:54 AM »

Well, that's, like, your opinion, man.

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65504
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2015, 02:26:40 AM »
We were killing each other long before organized religion and will be doing so long after it is obsolete. I'm not religious, but people kill each other for multiple reason which can be perceived in-equality, scarcity of resources and thrust for power, religion can be a something that reflects this but it isn't the reason. If we got rid of religion this would just be reflected through other things.

Like pizza?
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

Manolo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 467
« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2015, 04:20:09 AM »
Yeah of course religion is not the reason, religion doesn't create problems. Let's pray.

Shredface

• Rep: -44
« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2015, 04:20:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Praying does jack shit, you have to actually do shit to make things happen, I wanted a new bike when I was 6 for Christmas I prayed for it and I never got it.
[close]

Not defending prayer or religion or in any way, but I always find it funny when people use those kind of reasons to say it doesn't work. "I prayed for a better job and a hotter girlfriend but I didn't get it!"
oh you find that funny, but don't actually understand sarcasm .... Good luck in life dildo

4LOM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 162
« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2015, 04:53:19 AM »

We have different beliefs, but the question is whether the beliefs are true.

And religious beliefs/claims are false:

The metaphysics of religion is idealism (mind is fundamental to reality and causes and sustains the physical world)
But mind is caused by and realized in the physical (consciousness/mind is the result of activity of brain)
So, the metaphysics of religion is false.

And since religions are primarily metaphysical systems, religions are false. 

Religions explain the world by myth, but myths are literally false (for example, myths give a privileged position to creation of the Earth (often made before the stars), but the Earth is not such), so the claims of religion are literally false.

And if religious myths - explanations of the natural world - are false, there's no reason to think religious claims about morality or the supernatural are true, especially given the metaphysics of religion is false.

Faith doesn't help.
Truth correlates with reason/evidence, faith is the admission you don't have reason/evidence
So when someone says "I believe X because faith." They're really saying "X is false"

You need reason/evidence to have knowledge, but to believe in dumb things for dumb reasons, you need faith.

sk8fool

« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2015, 05:40:40 AM »
^wow, cant believe ur actually coming in here and trying to defend ISIS and the paris attacks, thats low.

I'm not defending them at all, just because something happens doesn't mean God willed it to - sometimes he allows men to take their evil course without intervening, but that doesn't mean it was his best will that man should do what he does. Man must learn from his foolish mistakes and sometimes other people suffer for it. In no way do I support ISIS, their god is a false one and what they did was evil and totally against what Jesus the true God would want. When people say religion kills really what they should say is the extremists of false religions and from a true Christian perspective the only religion that leads to Truth is Biblical Christianity.

Expand Quote

[close]

Do Christians believe that a God controls things? Or a higher inner god that lives in people? I believe in something I don't think I'd call it "God" but I believe in something spiritual that comes within, I learnt about god and the bible but I took no notice or cared in school, I'd never follow a religion, but I am curious to learn others beliefs

God does not control everything like a puppet-master but he does have allow man to make mistakes at times and intervenes in others. Why he does sometimes and not others is a mystery to us, but we know his thoughts and perspective is higher than ours. He can bring good out of evil situations that are totally against what he would want. Christians don't believe in an inner God, God is omnipotent but outside of man's body. Only Christians are indwelt by The Holy Spirit of God but are not God themselves. God is a trinity (Father, Jesus, Holy Spirit) but the one God. This doctrine in it's entirety is unfathomable to man in his current state of understanding. Different books of the Bible were written by numerous authors throughout history - Moses, Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Paul etc. under divine inspiration from God.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 07:11:12 AM by sk8fool »

4LOM

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2015, 05:46:17 AM »
As a believer, you're more than a sk8fool you're also a regular fool

sk8fool

« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2015, 05:52:29 AM »

"We are fools for Christ's sake" - as St. Paul puts it.

"For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God." (1 Corinthians 1:18)

"For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know him, God was pleased through the 'foolishness' of what was preached to save those who believe." (1 Corinthians 1:21)

"For the wisdom of this world (unbelievers) is foolishness in God's sight. As it is written: "He catches the wise in their craftiness." (1 Corinthians 3:19)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 05:54:15 AM by sk8fool »

4LOM

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2015, 06:03:38 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

"For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God." (1 Corinthians 1:18)

"For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know him, God was pleased through the 'foolishness' of what was preached to save those who believe." (1 Corinthians 1:21)

"For the wisdom of this world (unbelievers) is foolishness in God's sight. As it is written: "He catches the wise in their craftiness." (1 Corinthians 3:19)

You have to evidence that your cave jew dumb dumb book is true for it to have authority.
You only have to read the first page of the Bible to know it's not true.
So, your quotes don't carry any authority.

Besides, anything false belief systems would employ to hide they're false is "cult think." And your defenses are all cult think.
"If people think your beliefs are false for good reasons, then you're right."
What cult leader doesn't love such rhetoric?

Do you have any reason to think you're right besides false authorities and cult think? Since those more show you're wrong.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #45 on: November 17, 2015, 06:36:14 AM »
   Blaming "religion" for problems is funny.    Religion dosent REALLY exist.  Its a loose fucking term to describe a mess of nothing.  Saying that religion caused paris and not to pray is just some elitist taking advantage of death to promote a fucking agenda.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

PsychOut

« Reply #46 on: November 17, 2015, 06:47:55 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'm not defending them at all, just because something happens doesn't mean God willed it to - sometimes he allows men to take their evil course without intervening, but that doesn't mean it was his best will that man should do what he does. Man must learn from his foolish mistakes and sometimes other people suffer for it. In no way do I support ISIS, their god is a false one and what they did was evil and totally against what Jesus the true God would want. When people say religion kills really what they should say is the extremists of false religions and from a true Christian perspective the only religion that leads to Truth is Biblical Christianity.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

God does not control everything like a puppet-master but he does have allow man to make mistakes at times and intervenes in others. Why he does sometimes at not others is a mystery to us, but we know his thoughts and perspective is higher than ours. He can bring good out of evil situations that are totally against what he would want. Christians don't believe in an inner God, God is omnipotent but outside of man's body. Only Christians are indwelt by The Holy Spirit of God but are not God themselves. God is a trinity (Father, Jesus, Holy Spirit) but the one God. This doctrine in it's entirety is unfathomable to man in his current state of understanding. Different books of the Bible were written by numerous authors throughout history - Moses, Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Paul etc. under divine inspiration from God.

Interesting, thanks for sharing

sk8fool

« Reply #47 on: November 17, 2015, 07:10:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

You have to evidence that your cave jew dumb dumb book is true for it to have authority.
You only have to read the first page of the Bible to know it's not true.
So, your quotes don't carry any authority.

Besides, anything false belief systems would employ to hide they're false is "cult think." And your defenses are all cult think.
"If people think your beliefs are false for good reasons, then you're right."
What cult leader doesn't love such rhetoric?

Do you have any reason to think you're right besides false authorities and cult think? Since those more show you're wrong.

I can see how cults could use similar thinking, but what if this isn't a cult? What if this is the truth? Christianity is far from a cult religion. At the moment 1.09 billion people claim to be Christian.

"If people think your beliefs are false for good reasons, then you're right." - Whose to say you have good reason, you just think you do. Maybe do some research into the validity of the Bible and it's prophecies - many have already come true.

Here's a good article:
https://www.probe.org/authority-of-the-bible-a-strong-argument-for-christianity/

In the above article you can see how the bible has historical authority, archaeological authority and prophetic authority. As well as unity between 40 different authors spanning 1500 years. Ultimately the Biblical scriptures carry authority because God has authority - whether you acknowledge that is an entirely different matter.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 07:41:38 AM by sk8fool »

Jares

« Reply #48 on: November 17, 2015, 07:38:39 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

We have different beliefs, but the question is whether the beliefs are true.

And religious beliefs/claims are false:

The metaphysics of religion is idealism (mind is fundamental to reality and causes and sustains the physical world)
But mind is caused by and realized in the physical (consciousness/mind is the result of activity of brain)
So, the metaphysics of religion is false.

And since religions are primarily metaphysical systems, religions are false. 

Religions explain the world by myth, but myths are literally false (for example, myths give a privileged position to creation of the Earth (often made before the stars), but the Earth is not such), so the claims of religion are literally false.

And if religious myths - explanations of the natural world - are false, there's no reason to think religious claims about morality or the supernatural are true, especially given the metaphysics of religion is false.

Faith doesn't help.
Truth correlates with reason/evidence, faith is the admission you don't have reason/evidence
So when someone says "I believe X because faith." They're really saying "X is false"

You need reason/evidence to have knowledge, but to believe in dumb things for dumb reasons, you need faith.

Interesting point, a few questions arose within my mind while reading this.

Why would the physical processes of the brain, that powers the mind, cancel out the mind's ability to alter and even create physical reality via the ideal?

Isn't Quantum Physics a metaphysical system of science? Dose that make many of the claims and theories of Quantum Physicists false? I've just gotten into the whole quantum physics reality and much of it actually makes me hyped on the possibility of a supreme being or mind, is that an improper interpretation of what Quantum Physics is dealing with?

I enjoy reading myths because they use the language of the imagination to explain things, concepts and even reality itself in a way similar to art, music, plays and so on. Sometimes the explanation is obscure other times pretty plain (it depends on the imagery). Dose the use of this language make the things they are explaining false? Is it the use of this language that makes myths false? Do myths even qualify as being either true of false? Ex. Art is neither true or false.

Isn't the truth relative in a way? It seems to be pretty dependent on one's ability to perceive it isn't it? Is not faith a faculty of reason? Isn't it faith (the assurance of things hoped for and yet to be seen) that part of our reasoning ability that helps us to continue pursuing a matter until we get to the truth of it? 

The reason I say that faith may be a faculty of reason rather than an alternative is because I don't think faith can function properly without reason, I believe it would cease to be faith and mutate into delusion.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 07:55:14 AM by MODERNUS »

4LOM

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #49 on: November 17, 2015, 07:59:21 AM »

sk8fool,

That's not much of a defense

what if? Possibilities don't evidence actualities.
bandwagon fallacy (many believe, so . . .)

And true premises and sound/valid arguments support the truth of my conclusions. It's not just what I think. Criticizing logic as subjective is like criticizing math as subjective.

As to prophecy, it's not evidence to say a made up story fulfills the prophecy of another made up story. Or to retrodict - say some past prophecy fulfills some past event.

And your focus is wrong, it's not what was right (better explained by chance, retrodicting, making up stories), but whether any were wrong - especially big ones. Like the end-times, son of man returning.

But Christians are batting 0 when it comes to prophecizing the end times. Every generation thinks they live in end times, and every generation has been wrong.

Including Jesus - he's clear what it means for the son of man to return (divide us up, sheep get eternal bliss and goats get damnation), and he prophecizes that it will happen in his generation.
We might not know day/hour, but this generation will not pass until these things will come to be, can't go to every town in Israel before son of man returns, and some here will not taste death until all these events shall pass.

if Jesus is divine, then his prophecies will come true (especially the big ones)
his prophecies do not come true (a big one - end of days)
So, Jesus is not divine.

But I like your civility and I'll read the article.

4LOM

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #50 on: November 17, 2015, 08:33:53 AM »

Interesting point, a few questions arose within my mind while reading this.

Why would the physical processes of the brain, that powers the mind, cancel out the mind's ability to alter and even create physical reality via the ideal?

Isn't Quantum Physics a metaphysical system of science? Dose that make many of the claims and theories of Quantum Physicists false? I've just gotten into the whole quantum physics reality and much of it actually makes me hyped on the possibility of a supreme being or mind, is that an improper interpretation of what Quantum Physics is dealing with?

I enjoy reading myths because they use the language of the imagination to explain things, concepts and even reality itself in a way similar to art, music, plays and so on. Sometimes the explanation is obscure other times pretty plain (it depends on the imagery). Dose the use of this language make the things they are explaining false? Is it the use of this language that makes myths false? Do myths even qualify as being either true of false? Ex. Art is neither true or false.

Isn't the truth relative in a way? It seems to be pretty dependent on one's ability to perceive it isn't it? Is not faith a faculty of reason? Isn't it faith (the assurance of things hoped for and yet to be seen) that part of our reasoning ability that helps us to continue pursuing a matter until we get to the truth of it? 

The reason I say that faith may be a faculty of reason rather than an alternative is because I don't think faith can function properly without reason, I believe it would cease to be faith and mutate into delusion.

I think you're right that mind is causally efficacious on the material world and mind does create matter (we add to the periodic table).
But, even if true, mind is still dependent on the physical.
The metaphysical question is whether mind explains matter (most religions) or whether matter explains mind (physicalism)

And even if the mind does things in the world - the evidence is overwhelming that matter is fundamental, so religions are not the case.

I don't know the arguments for gods in quantum mechanics. But God has free will - chooses ends then acts.

Quantum mechanics is chance/probabilities, so no will (if everything you did was random, we wouldn't think you were choosing anything)
And general relativity is deterministic, so no freedom

So, I don't think you get God from science, since no physical events are best explained by purposeful acts to some end, but by the absence of purposeful acts (probabilities or determinism)

You're right about myth, but it is taken literally or in some way true by theists. And I'm arguing against them.
Art doesn't usually make propositions, so no truth value. But myth does (Earth was made in such way), so it can have a truth value.

But myth does have other functions than truth claims. 

Faith is often commitment to conclusions despite the evidence. Reason accepts conclusions given the evidence. So I still see a difference.
But I might not understand what you're saying.

sk8fool

« Reply #51 on: November 17, 2015, 09:05:30 AM »

sk8fool,

That's not much of a defense

what if? Possibilities don't evidence actualities.
bandwagon fallacy (many believe, so . . .)

And true premises and sound/valid arguments support the truth of my conclusions. It's not just what I think. Criticizing logic as subjective is like criticizing math as subjective.

As to prophecy, it's not evidence to say a made up story fulfills the prophecy of another made up story. Or to retrodict - say some past prophecy fulfills some past event.

And your focus is wrong, it's not what was right (better explained by chance, retrodicting, making up stories), but whether any were wrong - especially big ones. Like the end-times, son of man returning.

But Christians are batting 0 when it comes to prophecizing the end times. Every generation thinks they live in end times, and every generation has been wrong.

Including Jesus - he's clear what it means for the son of man to return (divide us up, sheep get eternal bliss and goats get damnation), and he prophecizes that it will happen in his generation.
We might not know day/hour, but this generation will not pass until these things will come to be, can't go to every town in Israel before son of man returns, and some here will not taste death until all these events shall pass.

if Jesus is divine, then his prophecies will come true (especially the big ones)
his prophecies do not come true (a big one - end of days)
So, Jesus is not divine.

But I like your civility and I'll read the article.

My 'what if' possibilities were directed more so at your way of thinking, not any doubt on my part as I fully believe in what I am saying.
Ignorance in some cases cannot be defined as logic.

I quoted this passage before, it shows that even human logic can not fully fathom the divine, the only way to come to true understanding is to seek God yourself.

And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him. Hebrews 11:6 - You must read this with the faith that this is true or you can't even begin to try and comprehend what God wants to reveal to you.

"Including Jesus - he's clear what it means for the son of man to return (divide us up, sheep get eternal bliss and goats get damnation), and he prophecizes that it will happen in his generation.
We might not know day/hour, but this generation will not pass until these things will come to be, can't go to every town in Israel before son of man returns, and some here will not taste death until all these events shall pass."

This is a total misinterpretation of scripture.

Gill's Exposition on Matthew 24:34 Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened.

Verily I say unto you, this generation shall not pass,.... Not the generation of men in general; as if the sense was, that mankind should not cease, until the accomplishment of these things; nor the generation, or people of the Jews, who should continue to be a people, until all were fulfilled; nor the generation of Christians; as if the meaning was, that there should be always a set of Christians, or believers in Christ in the world, until all these events came to pass; but it respects that present age, or generation of men then living in it; and the sense is, that all the men of that age should not die, but some should live

till all these things were fulfilled; see Matthew 16:28 as many did, and as there is reason to believe they might, and must, since all these things had their accomplishment, in and about forty years after this: and certain it is, that John, one of the disciples of Christ, outlived the time by many years; and, as Dr. Lightfoot observes, many of the Jewish doctors now living, when Christ spoke these words, lived until the city was destroyed; as Rabban Simeon, who perished with it, R. Jochanan ben Zaccai, who outlived it, R. Zadoch, R. Ishmael, and others: this is a full and clear proof, that not anything that is said before, relates to the second coming of Christ, the day of judgment, and end of the world; but that all belong to the coming of the son of man, in the destruction of Jerusalem, and to the end of the Jewish state.

Barnes Notes:

This generation ... - This age; this race of people. A generation is about 30 or 40 years. The destruction of Jerusalem took place about forty years after this was spoken. See the notes at Matthew 16:28.
Till all these things ... - Until these things shall be accomplished. Until events shall take place which shall be a fulfillment of these words, if there were nothing further intended. He does not mean to exclude the reference to the judgment, but to say that the destruction of Jerusalem would be such as to make appropriate the words of the prediction, were there nothing beyond. Compare the notes at Matthew 1:22-23. So when "death" was threatened to Adam, the propriety of the threatening would have been seen, and the threatening would have been fulfilled, had people suffered only temporal death. At the same time the threatening had "a fullness of meaning" that would cover also, and justify, eternal death. Thus the words of Christ describing the destruction of Jerusalem had a fulness of signification that would meet also the events of the judgment, and whose meaning would not be "entirely filled up" until the world was closed.

"Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom." Matthew 16:28

"The reference, beyond doubt, is to the firm establishment and victorious progress, in the lifetime of some then present, of that new kingdom of Christ, which was destined to work the greatest of all changes on this earth, and be the grand pledge of His final coming in glory".

- Jamieson-Fausset-Brown Bible Commentary

The kingdom of Christ has already begun thus the prophecy Jesus made has already been fulfilled. His second coming is the day and hour which is unknown when the God will judge the living and the dead.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 08:00:51 PM by sk8fool »

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -325
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #52 on: November 17, 2015, 09:08:19 AM »
Christianity

A Atheist  firefighter who spends his whole life rescuing people from burning buildings , takes cares of his wife and 2 kids , donates money and time to charities . Donates blood and bone marrow , Dies while trying to save somebody in a burning building will burn in hell for ever

A Mass murder who kidnaps small kids and rapes them , kills them and rapes them again will go to heaven aslong as he truthfully asks forgives from god

Even if there was a god Id rather burn in hell then follow a god like that

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3388
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #53 on: November 17, 2015, 09:16:11 AM »
Christianity

A Atheist  firefighter who spends his whole life rescuing people from burning buildings , takes cares of his wife and 2 kids , donates money and time to charities . Donates blood and bone marrow , Dies while trying to save somebody in a burning building will burn in hell for ever

A Mass murder who kidnaps small kids and rapes them , kills them and rapes them again will go to heaven aslong as he truthfully asks forgives from god

tura

• Rep: 45
« Reply #54 on: November 17, 2015, 09:16:41 AM »
Even though I'm told something like 60 percent of americans are christians, I'm still always surprised to hear from them. I guess I just don't associate with outspoken christians. I always forget they're still around.

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 402
« Reply #55 on: November 17, 2015, 09:33:23 AM »
Christianity

Similarly, I would never want to follow a god that according to sk8fool, lets P-Rod land a 360 flip for having an imaginary friend and whispering into his hat but allows a plane full of people to hit a building full of people or the shooting up of a concert venue. 

I'm not defending them at all, just because something happens doesn't mean God willed it to - sometimes he allows men to take their evil course without intervening, but that doesn't mean it was his best will that man should do what he does.
Expand Quote
but it isn't always God's will to answer a prayer. 

[close]

ill murray, can you remind me why you think im a kook

4LOM

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #56 on: November 17, 2015, 10:00:05 AM »
Christians can make their claims have logical continuity, but that's not evidence for the truth of their claims.

People retcon inconsistencies in Star Wars, LOTR, or Star Trek. But it doesn't make those true. Same with your religion sk8fool.

Your "you must have faith to see the truth" isn't evidence, since it's a tautology that if you accept the claims of the belief system, you'll think the claims of the belief system are true.

Scientology is horseshit, but if I was a Scientologist, I'd think the claims of Scientology are true. But that's not evidence for the truth of Scientology.
Same with your religion.

You're begging the question, since you're assuming the truth of your book to prove your book.  You're not proving anything by doing that.

And prayer, religious intuition, faith, the Bible are not reliable. Since, as mentioned, Christians are always predicting the end of the world based on prayer, religious intuition, faith, and the Bible. And they've all been wrong. So, prayer, religious intuition, faith, and the Bible are not reliable sources for true belief.

Casey Jones

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -53
« Reply #57 on: November 17, 2015, 10:04:51 AM »
sk8fool of sanity, confirmed.

Religions were created to help humans explain things they could not, and as a means of social control. They are all outdated stories written by desert scribes thousands of years ago, who honestly had no idea what they were talking about.

The problem with religion, is that the only reason you are of particular faith is because you were born in a certain part of the country or world that believes a certain thing. If sk8fool happened to spit out of the woom in the middle east, he would be convinced until death that the muslim god is the true god, and christianity is wrong.

As science continues to advance, we continually disprove things that were once thought of as true. These people who crafted the stories about the earth were literally talking to morons.. plain folk of thousands of years ago who hardly had any brains. We know the earth isn't 4000 years old. We know the earth orbits the sun, the sun god does not rise to fight off the darkness.

Religion somehow has just stayed around, partly because it's frowned upon to give it up. I feel weird telling people I'm an atheist. I don't know why.

Also it's super fucked up that we label kids as Christian kids, muslim kids, jewish kids, and so on before they even have a chance to take a look at the world and figure out what they actually believe. Sk8fool was brought up thinking christianity is real, totally by chance btw, so no amount of undeniable evidence otherwise will ever convince him to think a different way. Which is also the beauty of science and why I love it. We find out things are wrong all the time, and we change our thinking accordingly or add to it. It's fuckin brllliant, and liberating. Plus, science is way more beautiful and fascinating than the religious stories. They are so boring and un-creative, if you're gonna make shit up at least make it exciting.

ohhgreenworld

« Reply #58 on: November 17, 2015, 10:12:18 AM »
In my personal view, I believe religion is humanity's main issue. Religion is the cause of many international arguments, and thus war (ie Terrorists in France)

That being said, I also believe everyone and anyone can believe in what they want, that's fine...But keep it to yourself.

I'm sorry, but praying is not going to do anything. That's like saying "good luck" to the people in Paris while you're sitting in your safe home watching a movie. If you really do care, you would actually be there helping (or something to that extent).

Don't be a dumbass

EDIT
sk8fool, quoting Bible versus to Atheists is like trying to make someone eat shit...who dosent like shit
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 10:17:58 AM by ohhgreenworld »

Casey Jones

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -53
« Reply #59 on: November 17, 2015, 10:20:46 AM »
EDIT
sk8fool, quoting Bible versus to Atheists is like trying to make someone eat shit...who dosent like shit

It's like trying to convince me the tooth fairy exists by reciting things the tooth fairy allegedly said.