Author Topic: Keelan Dadd and Dirty Scumbug Arrested  (Read 280733 times)

fulltechnicalskizzy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1935
Re: Keelan Dadd and Dirty Scumbug Arrested
« Reply #540 on: December 22, 2015, 07:59:43 AM »
Yeah his death was cool in a pop culture sense

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #541 on: December 22, 2015, 08:19:02 AM »
No one really had to "gloss that over" - them being scumbags was the movie's entire premise.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

jomeara1

« Reply #542 on: December 22, 2015, 08:27:28 AM »
After watching that movie I have to say its quite disturbing and I'll never watch it again.

jomeara1

« Reply #543 on: December 22, 2015, 08:30:03 AM »
watching the kids movie in this thread is a little too ironic

Before watching it I really had no clue what I was in for.  I just thought "Oh its just a movie how bad can it really be?"  Plus I was curious to see how well of an actor these skateboarders were.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #544 on: December 22, 2015, 08:40:10 AM »

Yushin Okami

• Rep: 115
« Reply #545 on: December 22, 2015, 08:49:30 AM »
Blame Friends and Mayor Gulliani.

You bite your fucking tongue. The only thing people can blame Friends for is a heavy dose of laughter.
We all know you have two sexy anthropomorphic wolves who buttfuck each other on the bottom of your board.

Righteous Victim

• Rep: 110
  • Get yourself looked at.
    • Letterboxd avatar image
« Reply #546 on: December 22, 2015, 08:55:24 AM »
No one really had to "gloss that over" - them being scumbags was the movie's entire premise.
I think Larry Clark is too judgmental. In Bully he even plays Leo Fitzpatrick's dad and outright condemns the kids in that movie. Harmony Korine is the opposite, much more empathetic, and you can tell he hates being compared to Clark.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2281
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #547 on: December 22, 2015, 09:39:22 AM »
Kinda blows me away that Instagram is so important to people that they would merely change their profile to private rather than delete the whole goddamn thing when something like this goes down. Then again these are useless shitty people who exist solely for seeking the adoration of others.

But seriously, what do you need instagram for anymore? "Hey my boyfriend is accused of face fucking a 12 year old girl but check out how they spelled my name wrong on my frappuccino! #starbucksfail  :o ;D

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3378
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #548 on: December 22, 2015, 09:52:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Fuck Larry Clark, Harmonie Korine, and Kids "the movie. That shit ruined people's fucking lives.
[close]
it definitely did. but i'm curious as to whose lives you think it ruined.
[close]

It ruined my life because I never saw it and so at cocktail parties I was a real loser.
[close]
lol for real? kinda hard to believe you still haven't seen it. especially since i know you're an old man, like myself.
[close]

I actually never saw it either but it seems like its a pretty big deal to people who have seen it.
[close]
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I actually never saw it either but it seems like its a pretty big deal to people who have seen it.
[close]

THIS
[close]
i was just surprised that gay hadn't seen it, since i believe we are from the same generation. and pretty much anyone from my generation, skateboarder or not, has seen it.

i'm not sure if it the impact of the film would hold up to the fresh eyes of today's generation, but at the time aids was a huge fucking deal (medicine that could slow the virus down had yet to be developed), and previous skate films seemed largely limited to 80's cliches... totally tubular, dude! radical!!

also, hardly anyone in it was an actual actor. the cast were real deal early 90s nyc skateboarders. pretty much the entire og zoo york/supreme teams were in there. it's kind of a time capsule, too.

Expand Quote
I wonder since the LAPD wants to find more victims, the continuing investigation may hold up the trial? I bet they're going to be out for a while, courts are usually backed up. I have no idea if the degree of charges has influence on the court date. Maybe a trial date is already set.

Why is this getting compared to Kids? How much older were Casper and Telly than Rosario Dawson and the other chick? I never got pedo vibes or 27 year old kooks driving around with 15 year olds hollering at 12 year olds vibes from Kids.
[close]
i think justin may have hit 18 by the time the film debuted, but the others were definitely minors. i know the cast was predominantly underage.

In all seriousness, when Kids came out I was dealing with a lot of troubling stuff in my own life including HIV and being thrown out of my home. I think it was kind of like, "My life has enough drama I don't want to watch a movie about that shit." Not sure. I should have watched it, but whatevs, I guess I preferred to just be a bummer at parties. :'0(

Dengles

« Reply #549 on: December 22, 2015, 09:53:00 AM »
Never seen kids but my photography professor always thinks my life is like that movie because I'm a skateboarder.  She has an obsession with gritty counter culture type stuff and always get bummed when my photography assignments capture skateboarders in a chilled out positive light.  I agree that skateboarding is raw and iconoclastic but like our lives aren't like that movie.  

jonnysheen

• Rep: -64
« Reply #550 on: December 22, 2015, 10:04:59 AM »
Yeah his death was cool in a pop culture sense

in a Jame Dean kind of way maybe it was.   Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of hipsters

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
« Reply #551 on: December 22, 2015, 10:11:01 AM »
Never seen kids but my photography professor always thinks my life is like that movie because I'm a skateboarder.  She has an obsession with gritty counter culture type stuff and always get bummed when my photography assignments capture skateboarders in a chilled out positive light.  I agree that skateboarding is raw and iconoclastic but like our lives aren't like that movie.  

It is funny how people who don't skate perceive skateboarder's lives.  It's not all radical tubularness and drugs.   

Casey Jones

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -53
« Reply #552 on: December 22, 2015, 10:16:48 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It is funny how people who don't skate perceive skateboarder's lives.  It's not all radical tubularness and drugs.   

Yes it is

Cliff Coffman

• Rep: -51
« Reply #553 on: December 22, 2015, 10:34:17 AM »
K-Swiss/Supra/Krew officially backing child molestation confirmed

GAY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #554 on: December 22, 2015, 10:36:57 AM »

If they changed the name to Kupra they'd officially have gone KKK.

dick wolf

• Rep: -7
« Reply #555 on: December 22, 2015, 10:47:41 AM »
dirty scumbug

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #556 on: December 22, 2015, 10:50:22 AM »
"thats how it really was back then, yo!" - everyone who is a fan of kids

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #557 on: December 22, 2015, 11:22:21 AM »
Expand Quote
I always find it weird how when skateboarders talk about Kids, they seem to gloss over the part that a lot of them are total pieces of shit, because they were cool in the pop culture sense. Telly and Casper were pricks.

[close]

Yeah man I totally find that a lot of people think that guy from the movie that raped that chick while she was sleeping was very cool in the pop culture sense.
Are you being sarcastic while simultaneously acting as if people didn't quote him left and right when the movie came out? Or are you just too fucking stupid to understand what I'm saying?
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Righteous Victim

• Rep: 110
  • Get yourself looked at.
    • Letterboxd avatar image
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 12:31:53 PM by Righteous Victim »

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #559 on: December 22, 2015, 12:30:51 PM »

when i was studying abroad all the people in my dorm kept asking me what america was like.

i showed them kids and boogie nights in the same night and after informed them that my life was somewhere in the middle.

a lot of them did not talk to me after that.
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 536
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #560 on: December 22, 2015, 12:54:30 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That would be racist because the Ku Klux Klan is a notoriously racist group. Glad they didn't go the racism route on that.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #561 on: December 22, 2015, 12:55:03 PM »
You weren't there man.

Dengles

« Reply #562 on: December 22, 2015, 01:03:31 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'd say like 90% of skateboarding is just picking around with friends

GAY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #563 on: December 22, 2015, 01:13:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

That would be racist because the Ku Klux Klan is a notoriously racist group. Glad they didn't go the racism route on that.

Goodness, they're really dodging a bullet by not changing Supra to Kupra!

Lonechicken

• Rep: 11
« Reply #564 on: December 22, 2015, 01:19:22 PM »
dirty scumbug

The total disregard for getting that name correct in the subject is the best part of coming back to this forum.  ;D

UserFame

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -159
« Reply #565 on: December 22, 2015, 01:50:37 PM »
Kids was cool because we were also kids at the time, it captures our youth, and NYC  skating was iLL at the time.

LOL @ old people in 2015 who were too dumb to understand it or too corny to even watch it in 1995 saying that the movie is shit.

« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 01:59:53 PM by UserFame »
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SlapRhaters

• Rep: -183
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #566 on: December 22, 2015, 03:33:25 PM »
innocent until proven guilty doesn't exist anymore?

Oprah Winfrey

« Reply #567 on: December 22, 2015, 03:35:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Fuck Larry Clark, Harmonie Korine, and Kids "the movie. That shit ruined people's fucking lives.
[close]
[close]

It ruined my life because I never saw it and so at cocktail parties I was a real loser.
[close]
lol for real? kinda hard to believe you still haven't seen it. especially since i know you're an old man, like myself.
[close]

[close]
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

THIS
[close]
i was just surprised that gay hadn't seen it, since i believe we are from the same generation. and pretty much anyone from my generation, skateboarder or not, has seen it.

i'm not sure if it the impact of the film would hold up to the fresh eyes of today's generation, but at the time aids was a huge fucking deal (medicine that could slow the virus down had yet to be developed), and previous skate films seemed largely limited to 80's cliches... totally tubular, dude! radical!!

also, hardly anyone in it was an actual actor. the cast were real deal early 90s nyc skateboarders. pretty much the entire og zoo york/supreme teams were in there. it's kind of a time capsule, too.

Expand Quote
I wonder since the LAPD wants to find more victims, the continuing investigation may hold up the trial? I bet they're going to be out for a while, courts are usually backed up. I have no idea if the degree of charges has influence on the court date. Maybe a trial date is already set.

Why is this getting compared to Kids? How much older were Casper and Telly than Rosario Dawson and the other chick? I never got pedo vibes or 27 year old kooks driving around with 15 year olds hollering at 12 year olds vibes from Kids.
[close]
i think justin may have hit 18 by the time the film debuted, but the others were definitely minors. i know the cast was predominantly underage.
[close]

In all seriousness, when Kids came out I was dealing with a lot of troubling stuff in my own life including HIV and being thrown out of my home. I think it was kind of like, "My life has enough drama I don't want to watch a movie about that shit." Not sure. I should have watched it, but whatevs, I guess I preferred to just be a bummer at parties. :'0(

You actually have HIV or part of the gag?

too much

« Reply #568 on: December 22, 2015, 03:52:16 PM »
What these fuck heads are accused of is criminal and will send them to jail for close to a decade and Kids is a somewhat of a documentary with a fictional story line of STDs. They do not compare. Don't give their actions in the light of Kids because a lot of people like that movie. What these fuck heads did is not as cool as the adventures in the movie Kids. Kids probably parallels closely to other shit (movies, novels) than this whole story from the OP. People in here are like, "Yo what they did is like the movie Kids." No it's not that is fucking ridiculous. If anything more like the pedo scene in Running Scared comparing it to some movie.

jomeara1

« Reply #569 on: December 22, 2015, 04:20:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

THIS
[close]

Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

You're not missing much.  All I got out of the whole thing was just a reminder to wear a condom.  They could've made the movie that much better if it wasn't about some weirdo 17 year old having an obsession with 12 year old virgins and potentially infecting them with HIV.  Anyone like Telly or Casper in real life would not be looked at as being "cool" and would most likely get their asses kicked on the daily.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 08:16:41 PM by Johnny »