Author Topic: Lacey Baker, shut up and skate.  (Read 23777 times)

sluggers

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -407
Lacey Baker, shut up and skate.
« on: December 17, 2015, 07:09:31 PM »

sluggers

Re: Lacey Baker, shut up and skate.
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2015, 07:14:46 PM »
No one is getting a boner watching a female skate and wow you can nose manual and railslide. Awesome. The skateboarding industry doesn't owe you anything and you should be glad you have a vagina because if not you would be just some dude at the park and not participating in Street League.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2015, 07:21:01 PM »
Bull dyke feminist bitch! Maybe if you stopped dressing like a man and drinking wine from boxes, you'd get more respect.

sluggers

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2015, 07:21:10 PM »
And, "shut up and skate" is not an insult or a male/female thing, but the way we old school folk grew up as part of the Zorlac influence.

« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 07:29:15 PM by sluggers »

Righteous Victim

• Rep: 110
  • Get yourself looked at.
    • Letterboxd avatar image
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2015, 07:22:44 PM »
Asking for respect doesn't usually go over well.

pinch a loaf

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2015, 07:27:45 PM »
you should be glad you have a vagina because if not you would be just some dude at the park and not participating in Street League.

Then bitches how the women's prize purse is less than the men's.

"We need to be kind and welcoming... Spread the good vibes." Yeah, when Leticia won street league, her face sure had kind and welcoming vibes all over it.

vancanman

• Rep: 9
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2015, 07:28:23 PM »
I agree that some male skaters say sexist stuff about the female skaters I see in real life but those guys say sexist stuff about all women. At the same time I've never seen anyone give a girl a hard time for skateboarding. If anything they cheer them on harder than guys of the same ability.
The "We want to be treated just like the guys and just ignore my genitals. They don't matter!" Ok. So what board company do you ride for? "Meow skateboards."  :-\  It goes both ways with sponsors and competition pay. You aren't that good if you want to just be lumped into the skill level of all sponsored skaters. You wouldn't be sponsored or invited to street league if you weren't a woman so you make more money if we treat you special. The pay isn't the same because most of the people going to see street league wouldn't go to a women's only event. The men are the draw. The men get the checks. I love skating with girls though, and the ones I know aren't jaded. They're mostly girls who like hanging out with men more than women anyway.

sluggers

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2015, 07:43:23 PM »
Fun bags and estrogen and less testosterone is always going to lead to women unable to skate at the same level and get the same price paid for their efforts.

Oh, but the women's NFL is doing gangbusters as is the MLB for women. Oh yea, they don't even exist. Be thankful the skate industry even has women's support whatsoever.

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1935
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2015, 07:45:54 PM »
That's very savage no chill of you to say.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2015, 07:48:11 PM »
   I think what shes saying is sick -not really a perspective that gets a large respectful forum (obvious polarity shown in some responses above^  dumbest being tracers) anyway I watched one of her parts she skates fine everything is fine BUT THE LANDINGS ARE HORRIBLE. Those squat landings are a no no. Nobody should do squat landings.  I dont know how she got 4th place in anything with those. (yeah ive gotten a chub watching chicks skate not her tho
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 07:54:11 PM by givecigstosurfgroms »
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

hufs calve muscles

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 48
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2015, 07:51:32 PM »
I always think of the dude in jail from the first season of true detective when I think of her.

sluggers

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2015, 07:53:35 PM »
Yea, every woman in the WNBA should be paid like Kobe, Lebron, Carmelo etc. Supply and demand, folks. How many eyes watch the WNBA?

Tracer

• Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2015, 08:03:02 PM »
Yea, every woman in the WNBA should be paid like Kobe, Lebron, Carmelo etc. Supply and demand, folks. How many eyes watch the WNBA?
A LOT man, Becky Hammon is assistant coach of the SA Spurs now(good IG follow too.) There's no WNHL, WMLB, or WNFL so they are doing something right. It's been around for a long time.

I know you didn't want a serious response but there it is.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -325
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2015, 08:05:16 PM »
Was LACEY BAKER ever on Element ? kinda remember something like that ?  But she kind of blew it like VANESSA TORRES did ?

Its funny how she talks girls should stick together but then go hating on LETICIA BUFONI . Who I think is one of the better female skaters right now . Its really weird she doesnt have a board sponsors since she is skating good , dropping parts , winning contests and shes on Nike SB .  People should be jumping on that

She also grew up in Brazil . Id say worse skate spots , rougher terrain and I would assume she got alot more shit from Brazilian dudes then those girls got growing up in USA

That epicly laterd with elissa steamer , Ed was saying some people were telling him why she was on the team there are better guys then her  , and his answer was " Shes elissa steamer " ( I prob butchered that ) . Anyways skateboarding is not all about skill , personality , style and everything ells goes into it .

ALEXIS SABLONE was always my fav female skateboarder . She had really good style , nice trick selection and was going for it . But she decided that skating might not work out and became a architect . She still skates though

Is LACEY BAKER  really that good ? I remember her having a really nice hardflip , but if she wants the same amount of paycheck , cash prizes and so on , Maybe she needs to step it up . Shes not the best female skater is she ? and she sounds super spoiled while complaining about bones and vans giving her free product for 12 years ,but no plane tickets

I just checked out ALANA SMITH  , she skates tranny and street . She has ok style and good trick selection . Shes also just 15 I belive so could be good things coming from her in the future

Tay

« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2015, 08:05:38 PM »
I always think of the dude in jail from the first season of true detective when I think of her.

Her diet consists of cigarette butts and puss. No panties just cunt tape. Respect her, no boner zone.  :D

sluggers

« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2015, 08:08:36 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
A LOT man, Becky Hammon is assistant coach of the SA Spurs now(good IG follow too.) There's no WNHL, WMLB, or WNFL so they are doing something right. It's been around for a long time.

There is a reason there is no WNHL, WMLB, WNFL. and no a lot of people are not watching the WNBA in fact their ratings are dropping.

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2015/09/21/Leagues-and-Governing-Bodies/WNBA.aspx
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 08:12:30 PM by sluggers »

Tracer

« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2015, 08:18:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

There is a reason there is no WNHL, WMLB, WNFL. and no a lot of people are not watching the WNBA in fact their ratings are dropping.

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2015/09/21/Leagues-and-Governing-Bodies/WNBA.aspx
Average 7000 seats sold per game isn't alot? SLS can't even give away tickets

lk130

• Topic and Post Probation
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -829
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2015, 08:21:11 PM »
I was just about to post this,
I think they should get hooked up as the guys do, c'mon it's not their fault these 'jocks' lack emotional intelligence and they milk milk it as well. If a girl dedicated herself to skateboarding from this point forward it's no reason she can't be as good as a guy
I need Cariuma -Me

yungxmulaxbaby

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2015, 08:29:49 PM »
Somebody help me out here , what sports are women equal / better in entertainment ??

UFC might be the biggest one . Tennis , track and field . basketball , football ( soccer for you heathens )

what ells ?

Tracer

« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2015, 08:32:50 PM »
Somebody help me out here , what sports are women equal / better in entertainment ??

UFC might be the biggest one . Tennis , track and field . basketball , football ( soccer for you heathens )

what ells ?
Volleyball, surfing, snowboarding, skiing, table tennis, equestrian, dancing, figure skating...

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -304
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2015, 08:33:33 PM »

what ells ?

Basketball for women is criminally under appreciated

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2015, 08:34:32 PM »
Expand Quote

what ells ?
[close]
Volleyball, surfing, snowboarding, skiing, table tennis, equestrian, dancing, figure skating...

I forgot to add curling and badminton

lk130

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2015, 08:41:02 PM »
Skateboarding and golf ultimately thanks to the milkers
I need Cariuma -Me

yungxmulaxbaby

jomeara1

« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2015, 09:28:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

what ells ?
[close]
[close]

I forgot to add curling and badminton

softball...duh  ::)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 09:32:09 PM by Johnny »

GeorgeHanson

« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2015, 09:36:28 PM »
I get where she is coming from. If you look at Dylan, for instance, the only reason he is sponsored and I work a fucking 9-5 is because his face is essentially the golden ration. Just because I have a face like a half chewed mango doesn't mean I shouldn't be getting checks. I mean, I can pop shuv and oardslide too. Fucking bears controlling the skate world.

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2015, 10:08:42 PM »
i mean... she's right.

but things won't change until there's a girl that's on a level the same as the dudes.  and sadly that probably won't happen.  it wouldn't matter how she would look if she was on that level.

lk130

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2015, 10:23:10 PM »
Skateboarding isn't about skill level though in terms of who you'll root for, making it equal
I need Cariuma -Me

yungxmulaxbaby

GeorgeHanson

« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2015, 10:25:25 PM »
Skateboarding isn't about skill level though in terms of who you'll root for, making it equal

Aren't you a homophobe or something?

Wizard Fight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2015, 10:46:43 PM »
SLAP is especially ignorant as fuck today.

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2015, 10:54:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

There is a WNHL you sexist bag of shit