Author Topic: GX 1000: Taiwan  (Read 4630 times)

jsef

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -1
GX 1000: Taiwan
« on: December 18, 2015, 09:48:38 AM »
http://www.thrashermagazine.com/articles/videos/gx1000-taiwan-122015/

Ben Gore doing tricks over scooters is my new favourite sub-genre of skating.

« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 05:40:31 PM by jsef »

DMH

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 90
Re: GX 1000: Taiwan
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2015, 10:41:44 AM »
Yonnie's backside nosegrind was fucking heroic.

paraquat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 199
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2015, 10:42:44 AM »
http://www.thrashermagazine.com/articles/videos/gx1000-taiwan-122015/

Ben Gore doing tricks over scooters is my new favourite sub-genre of skating.
I honestly only watch GX vids now.

Coconut Lotion

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2015, 10:57:33 AM »
I hope this thread turns into Taiwan locals moaning about how the gx guys were assholes in their city for their stay and now they can't skate down the street without getting a ticket like the last gx video thread. Shits entertaining

Hash Slinging Slasher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2015, 11:30:01 AM »
helping a mother with a stroller, being fairly respectful to security guards and cops... you think these guys read the last thread about them?

happenstance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 691
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2015, 11:51:43 AM »
helping a mother with a stroller, being fairly respectful to security guards and cops... you think these guys read the last thread about them?
Of course they didn't film the part where they kept telling the locals "There is only one China, and it is the PRC".

Get fired up

• Rep: -54
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2015, 12:37:47 PM »
I hope this thread turns into Taiwan locals moaning about how the gx guys were assholes in their city for their stay and now they can't skate down the street without getting a ticket like the last gx video thread. Shits entertaining

Nice one. I was just about to say that.

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 753
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2015, 12:51:29 PM »
always so good. you think that's a fs one-foot or a no-footed no-comply? who cares

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2015, 01:53:02 PM »
outstanding as always

stephop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -391
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2015, 02:42:10 PM »
Nollie 180 heelflip.

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2015, 04:19:01 PM »
not that it would happen but if all these guys were unhappy at their current board brand and gx1000 turned into a board brand i wouldn't be mad at it.  The full length with a good budget would be magical

zuluwarrior

• Rep: -2
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2015, 05:11:44 PM »

fergus

• Rep: 46
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2015, 05:55:33 PM »
Nice little window into how good Lakai could be with Yonnie and Ben fully on

slothflip

• Rep: -9
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2015, 06:47:06 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Of course they didn't film the part where they kept telling the locals "There is only one China, and it is the PRC".

hash that gif is ridiculously funny. so much going on there i love it

Hash Slinging Slasher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2015, 07:51:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

hash that gif is ridiculously funny. so much going on there i love it
haha thank you. as soon as i saw the original video on instagram i thought to myself "wow, never have i related to something so much in my life," which may be a bit of an exaggeration, but either way i found a website where you can download ig videos and gif'd it. even funnier with the caption quartersnacks gave it: "when you got slappies but you can't get a text back".

styll

« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2015, 10:19:56 PM »
How come theirs no music in the edits anymore?

Coconut Lotion

« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2015, 12:25:45 PM »

I prefer it without music, personally

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1362
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2015, 01:18:50 AM »
Lakai needs to put Ben Gore on and give him a shoe. Al Butters and Jkjhnsn never fail to deliver.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 192
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2015, 05:03:52 PM »

::)

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 410
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2015, 05:45:25 PM »
Lakai needs to put Ben Gore on and give him a shoe. Al Butters and Jkjhnsn never fail to deliver.

That would require Lakai/Crailtap admitting that there are smaller board companies who are doing more notable things than the older brands.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1362
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2015, 05:58:02 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That would require Lakai/Crailtap admitting that there are smaller board companies who are doing more notable things than the older brands.
yeah I hear you, bums me out that good dudes on smaller brands are set aside or left in the flow limbo, isn't Ben leaving stereo for Magenta the reason Sinclair gave him the boot from Dekline?

White Owl

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 12
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2015, 07:29:41 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Im guessing so thrasher can make money off the videos. When you don't own the rights to the music you cant profit off how many views the videos get. I assume all the music they have the rights to use suck, so they just keep them raw.

yatallfreak

• Rep: 11
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2015, 09:14:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
yeah I hear you, bums me out that good dudes on smaller brands are set aside or left in the flow limbo, isn't Ben leaving stereo for Magenta the reason Sinclair gave him the boot from Dekline?
pretty sure that it was because Ben Gore rides for the skateshop MIA and that shop didnt sell Deklines so they dropped Ben in a "we wont support someone who rides for a shop who doesnt support us" move. I think it was said in a Ben Gore interview maybe?

drunkaroos

• Rep: 7
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2015, 09:25:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Im guessing so thrasher can make money off the videos. When you don't own the rights to the music you cant profit off how many views the videos get. I assume all the music they have the rights to use suck, so they just keep them raw.

really? I thought they made money of ads based on how many people click them

White Owl

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 12
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2015, 09:40:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

really? I thought they made money of ads based on how many people click them

yeah but they can make a lot more by monetizing the videos. especially since they probably pay for part of those trips

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2015, 07:01:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
pretty sure that it was because Ben Gore rides for the skateshop MIA and that shop didnt sell Deklines so they dropped Ben in a "we wont support someone who rides for a shop who doesnt support us" move. I think it was said in a Ben Gore interview maybe?
I think Mike Sinclair admitted that Ben Gore was dropped after he joined Magenta on the grounds that "it's less visible than Stereo" or something to that effect. If I recall correctly, he got a lot of flack for it.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

the canadian suit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • Always lurking.
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2015, 07:34:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
I think Mike Sinclair admitted that Ben Gore was dropped after he joined Magenta on the grounds that "it's less visible than Stereo" or something to that effect. If I recall correctly, he got a lot of flack for it.

Sinclair is out of touch and probably believes Foundation has more selling power than Magenta
p-shuvs and v-flips

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 912
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2015, 08:24:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]

No I think Ben Gore said it was because he got on Magenta, but Sinclair came on slap to clarify it was because of the MIA thing. Either way it kinda sucks, but its not like Dekline would've worked out for Gore in the long run...

yatallfreak

• Rep: 11
« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2015, 10:21:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

No I think Ben Gore said it was because he got on Magenta, but Sinclair came on slap to clarify it was because of the MIA thing. Either way it kinda sucks, but its not like Dekline would've worked out for Gore in the long run...
yeah I've heard about Sinclair saying that on here but that was way before I had a SLAP account or checked the message boards so I have no clue where I read it but its always stuck out to me cause of how lame it was for dekline to do. But you're right either way its lame

shit_for_brains

« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2015, 11:23:08 AM »
Sinclair said it was a little of both. Magenta wasn't as visible (in his eyes) as Stereo, which is crazy, and that MIA wouldn't carry Dekline. He said it didn't make sense to him because Dekline was supporting Ben and thus supporting MIA, and MIA wouldn't return the favor. I get the sentiment, I wouldn't be too stoked on it, but I also understand MIA not wanting to carry Dekline because they were pretty lame at the time. True Blue helped their image a lot, but this was way before and True Blue still couldn't keep Dekline alive.