Author Topic: Your city  (Read 206817 times)

Smurph

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 30
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Your city
« Reply #60 on: February 16, 2007, 12:06:09 PM »
Cork City,Ireland:Its the second city in Ireland with the city's population at about 400,000

Shop:Tubes(not even skater owned so fuck it get my shit from up the country/friends)its shit and its really expensive!

Spots:The Opera House:Loads of flat ground,long three with drain,long cobble gap,usually meet up there and make something,ok like

The Mall:Bad ground,loads of ledges and blocks,manny pad,four set with hubba and a few fun walls

UCC:Local University,really big,load sof stuff to skate,rails,steps,ledges,gaps,drops everything,just a bust at times

Hassle:Security is not that much of a problem only in ucc and a few businesses by day but the main problem is from nackers and pikeys(thats really rough people who beat the shit out of people for no reason!)

Food/DrinkSome good places to eat,nice legendary shops/cafes such as KC's and Lennox's,drinkwise its Ireland so theres about 10 pubs for every person!

stagefright

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -47
« Reply #61 on: February 18, 2007, 05:59:55 PM »
i skate georgia banks in portland every day
we toked a marley and i split back to the park, minding my own busineess when a rollerblader mean mugs..i let it go.

hamhead

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -8
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #62 on: February 18, 2007, 08:22:28 PM »
Terrace BC

Spots
They blow. If you ever come to Terrace, find Sears, and there is a really nice loading dock gap.
Everything else blows harder. I'll take anyone on a tour of them if anyone ever comes here. Which you won't.

Shops
Ruins Board Shop. It's tight.

Skateparks
It sucks ur ass dry. The city is filling it in to build a parking lot anyway.

Nightlife
HANKY PANKY'S! WOOO

Eat Here
Don Diego's
The Hot House
McDonald's

suckafoo

• Rep: 0
« Reply #63 on: February 18, 2007, 09:19:17 PM »
someone do chicago, i might be going there with a female.

Spots
If the weather is nice, hit the Wilson Park on the lakefront. Forget skating downtown during the day (huge bust), tuck your lady in at night and hit the streets with a light crew (3-4 max), or alone. Tons of marble and granite downtown...if you like ledges, its an amazing city to skate. IBM, MCA, and a million other downtown spots to keep you busy, but its best to keep moving around...they hand out tickets like candy on Halloween, so don't stay in one place too long. You probably should also hit Clemente (a school on the west side in Ukranian Village), you'll surely recognize it from a fair amount of videos. If you like tight tranny, you might want to hit the seawall by the Shedd Aquarium. Bring your girl with you, or your board might go for a swim. There are a ton of other secret spots that I won't be putting on the internet, but downtown, Clemente, and Wilson should keep you busy.

If the weather is bad, go to Krush skatepark, they have something for everyone, and the place is pretty big. They just put in a 3-flat-3 double set with granite hubbas going down it thats fun as hell. They also have a fun little (not that little, I think its 5' or 6') bowl.

Food
Tons of great food in the city...make sure you hit Sushi Wabi for a Godzilla roll, go to Portillos and get a chocolate cake shake, get breakfast at the Bongo Room, a veggie burger from Earwax Cafe, and some Mexican from Flash Taco. Its hard to get a bad meal in Chicago. It's generally recognized as the best restaurant city in America.

Shop
If you're in the city, hit Uprise. If you're in the burbs hit the shop at Krush, of go to BBT. Tons of shopping for you and your lady on Damen Ave just north of the intersection of North/Damen/Milwaukee (called "the corners" by the locs). Skate stuff at Uprise, sneakers at Saint Alfred's, etc, etc, etc.

Nightlife
Just go to the same intersection as listed for shopping (North/Damen/Milwaukee) and you'll find some shit to get into. Subterranean is usually a pretty safe bet.

« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 08:52:52 AM by suckafoo »
Well I believe in the devil....and nothing scares me more than Keyser Soze.

otis b driftwood

« Reply #64 on: February 19, 2007, 11:21:09 AM »
Expand Quote
someone do chicago, i might be going there with a female.
[close]

Spots
If the weather is nice, hit the Wilson Park on the lakefront. Forget skating downtown during the day (huge bust), tuck your lady in at night and hit the streets with a light crew (3-4 max), or alone. Tons of marble and granite downtown...if you like ledges, its an amazing city to skate. IBM, MCA, and a million other downtown spots to keep you busy, but its best to keep moving around...they hand out tickets like candy on Halloween, so don't stay in one place too long. You probably should also hit Clemente (a school on the west side in Ukranian Village), you'll surely recognize it from a fair amount of videos. If you like tight tranny, you might want to hit the seawall by the Shedd Aquarium. Bring your girl with you, or your board might go for a swim. There are a ton of other secret spots that I won't be putting on the internet, but downtown, Clemente, and Wilson should keep you busy.

If the weather is bad, go to Krush skatepark, they have something for everyone, and the place is pretty big. They just put in a 3-flat-3 double set with granite hubbas going down it thats fun as hell. They also have a fun little (not that little, I think its 5' or 6') bowl.

Food
Tons of great food in the city...make sure you hit Sushi Wabi for a Godzilla roll, go to Portillos and get a chocolate cake shake, get breakfast at the Bongo Room, a veggie burger from Earwax Cafe, and some Mexican from Flash Taco. Its hard to get a bad meal in Chicago. It's generally recognized as the best restaurant city in America.

Shop
If your're in the city, hit Uprise. If you're in the burbs hit the shop at Krush, of go to BBT. Tons of shopping for you and your lady on Damen Ave just north of the intersection of North/Damen/Milwaukee (called "the corners" by the locs). Skate stuff at Uprise, sneakers at Saint Alfred's, etc, etc, etc.

Nightlife
Just go to the same intersection as listed for shopping (North/Damen/Milwaukee) and you'll find some shit to get into. Subterranean is usually a pretty safe bet.

thanks, there were some sick looking ledge spots in the uprise video, are they all a bust in the day?

suckafoo

« Reply #65 on: February 19, 2007, 05:52:55 PM »
Pretty much.
Well I believe in the devil....and nothing scares me more than Keyser Soze.

post office

• Rep: 1
« Reply #66 on: February 19, 2007, 08:20:02 PM »
you can skate downtown during the day although i wouldnt suggest it. but if you do just keep on your toes and dont stick around spots too long, if you see bike cops coming your way head for a subway. but yea most spots youll get the boot pretty quick but sometimes you get lucky and get a decent session. its much better past 11 pm though so id just stick to night sessions. hit up post office, picasso(daily plaza), chase building has a nice 8 stair but the funnest thing is to do wallies on the little walls there, and these spots are all basically in a row and close together. just head down dearborn st. in the heart of the business district basically and youll see em.
"The corporate types see their structures as powerful and strong, I see them as something I can enjoy, something I can manipulate to my advantage." jesse neuhaus

Tone Def

« Reply #67 on: February 24, 2007, 02:57:18 AM »
When you take the bus, you get there.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2593
« Reply #68 on: February 25, 2007, 08:25:53 AM »
hahahahahaa
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

neon blitz

« Reply #69 on: March 07, 2007, 07:29:27 AM »
i hate cork.

whatnot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -15
« Reply #70 on: March 11, 2007, 04:19:16 AM »
I used to see a city guide in Monster Skate year ago, but its gone now, anyone know what happened??

The SF section is massive....
i love opening skate talk and see mbl88 mbl88 mbl88... on every thread's last post
----anonymous member

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1566
« Reply #71 on: March 11, 2007, 09:05:45 AM »
i did the hardcloud one...man..those were the days...money for nothing...

Duffy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 33
  • talkin mad shit kid
« Reply #72 on: March 11, 2007, 03:59:14 PM »
Downriver, Michigan

Most of the cities are really small here so I'll break it down into the places I've skated...

Trenton (HOMETOWN)

CVS Gap
     A pretty good gap before it became a bust, pretty good spot for lines too, bumps, islands, and a little gap thats about as high as a four stair with a curb at the top and bottom (thats basically the gap, haha.)

West Road Tobacco Shop
     Theres a few flat glaps, a bunch of manual pads and a decent knee high ledge.  Pretty good warmup spot.

Barber shop
     About three of those little two stair type deals that Gallant killed in WHL, you can only use the first stair as a manual pad.

Martenson's Funeral Home
     Basically, it's a ledge thats flat going over a pretty steep bank.  The ledges are chunky but not too chunky, theres also a gap, a flat gap, and a bike trail to enjoy...

Trenton High School
     This spot USED to be so fun to skate at.  Out front theres a tennis court with ledges in it, a 5 stair on the bleachers, a 7 stair with an uphill runway but is still skateable (of course), a pretty fun marble 3 up 3 down, a four stair that's basically jutting out of a wall (but can be skated).  It's made so you can skate the side of the runup to the stairs  as a ledge.  Another 3 stair is tucked into the back of the building and has enough run up where you can skate the stairs as ledges, or skate the stairs.  There are a few flat sand gaps that are kinda hard to skate because of how rough the cement is (its the kind with little mini rocks in it).  Around the corner from that is ANOTHER three stair with a short flat ledge off it that's fun to skate.

St. Tim's Church
     This is such a good spot if you're shitty at skating like me.  A hard to skate four stair (about 8 feet of runup, one push worth), a lot of flat, and then a tiny gap into the street that's the main attraction of this place.  Theres also a bank that has a curb jutting out of it which is also fun.  By the four stair, theres a ledge jutting out that you can do shit off of, it's kinda like a loading dock.

Anderson Elementary
     Speaking of loading docks...this is a fun spot if you can skate it.  Theres a loading dock thats about theigh high, that you can easily ollie up, and a double sided ledge leading to the loading dock or going away from it.  You NEVER get kicked out of here.

St. Paul's Church
     DO NOT EVER GO HERE.  There are perfect four stair rails.  Theres a hill into a bump out to the street that they probably wouldn't care about, but oh man this place is a bust.  They call the cops, and Trenton cops press charges.

Behind the Westroad Autoshop
     An AMAZING bank you never get kicked out of with a guardrail you can ollie over or whatever.

Behind...um...I'm not sure but it's on the opposite side of the road from the above
     Two knee high loading docks in a row, you can ollie up one, roll down and ollie up the other.

Slick Disk (Shop)
     Pick up the new Ghostface CD and a blank deck at the same time.  Be sure to pick up Riding Wood to Shong Hey for a video I made!  (even though it sucks)

West Road Guitar Shop(?)
     A big two stair, as far as two stairs go, it's the size of a four stair.  You can skate the bottom of the stair as a ledge.  That's it for there.

Elizabeth Park
     There's a skatepark thats not good, a few big 3 stairs that are lit up at night, and some ledges and fun hills.  Never get kicked out here.

DT Trenton 6 Stair
     It's on the opposite side of elizabeth park, a 6 set going into a suburban street.  Never get kicked out.  Also theres a rail on the left of it, bs for regular skaters.  It(the rail)'s unskateable though.

That's it for Trenton, some mellow spots.

Southgate

Southgate Motors
     I've never skated here, I just know it exists.  A double sided ledge that Freeland skated before (that line with the tre flip, land one foot, shove to bigspin front board on the ledge)

Cheapskates (Shop)
     The kind of shop that sells Heelys.

Davidson Elementary
     A long two stair thats fun, a few four-stairs with rails.  A few short ledges.  Good line spot.

Anime To Skateboards (Shop)
     Don't go.

National City
     A 5, a 6, and a seven. Some short tables.

Riverview!

Riverview Library & Young Patriots park
     A 5 stair and a fun weird gap.

Appartments gap
     A parking lot to sidewalk gap.

Wyandotte! Used to be my favorite city to skate.

Wyandotte Yacht Club
     Theres a few two stairs, you can use em as manual pads.

Wyandotte Skatepark
     Don't go.

Roosevelt High
    A long two stair that's actually a challenge to skate, two curved downhill ledges, a 5 flat four that you can skate in a trick-land-trick fashion, a big three stair thats as high as the four with a 3 ledge off one side.  In the back theres a loading dock.  Out front in the parking lot, theres a downhill manual pad that's insanely fun.  There's a 3 stair on the side as well as a 4 stair.  Theres also a 7 stair off the bleachers.

Behind Roosevelt
     Is a train-depot-thing, a big loading dock basically.

Accross from Roosevelt
    A decent uphill ledge.  Fun, not hammertime.

Abandoned Strip Mall
    A uphill or downhill manual pad, pretty fun spot.

Across from the Strip Mall
    A sidewalk gap type thing, it's pretty fun.

Clocktower Ledges
    A manual pad, a curb comming off of a curb (hard to explain), a flat gap, and a knee high ledge.

There's TONS more shit in Wyandotte, just drive down Biddle and look left or right.

New Boston

Willow Metropark
     My favorite skatepark, good mini, good pyramid, good ledges, good banks and quarters and a moveable jersey barrier.  A four stair.  A decent stage that you can do shit over a trash can, a curved ledge (Like an O), and some sick hills.  Theres a few manual pads and weird ledges to skate there as well.

Taylor is just too big to do.

Basically, this is a fun place if you're not too good (like me), or are just down for some weird, fun, creative shit.

Inside Looking Out

« Reply #73 on: March 12, 2007, 08:50:00 AM »
The Woodlands, Texas
Rather... rich suburb about 25-30 miles north of Houston. Population around 100,000.

Shops
Cades Boards is really the only shop out here. From I-45 north [coming out of Houston] take a left at Sawdust, going under the overpass, and its about a mile down the road on the right, right by a Verizon wireless shop. The owner Eric is sick as fuck, he'll help you out.

Spots
Even though everyone here says there is no spots, they are just whiners. There is nice amount of fun spots. Plenty of which are pointless to post unless you actually come here. I might post pictures sometime later, but if any of you Houston heads are nearby, just send me a PM and I'll be more than happy to take you around, or give you directions to spots if I'm not in town. Respect.

Parks
The town just built a mighty sick bowl here, coming off I-45 north take a left ontop Research Forest (under the overpass) and take that all the way to Bear Branch Recreational Center [right side of the road, right after "Cochran's Crossing Shopping center] and take a left. Then take another immediate left and take that all the way to the back. You'll see the park. Has a 2 flat 2 with a rail going down it. A sick ledge, about a foot high, and a "hubba". Finally there is a nicely built bowl, shallow is like 6 feet with a love seat, an oververt pocket, and a vert pocket. Easy to flow on, lots of fun. Concrete too...

There is a whole bunch of smaller parks around here too, but they are made out of that skatewave shit and are completely worthless.

jrock

« Reply #74 on: March 18, 2007, 06:59:52 PM »
my grandfather lived in the woodlands.  Place is weird; trees everywhere, minimal signs, etc. I felt like I was in a labyrinth or something.  It was really nice out there though.  Seemed like one big gated community.

Inside Looking Out

« Reply #75 on: March 20, 2007, 06:06:40 PM »
Exactly what it is, rich, bubble suburb. Might as well be a fucking reality show here... can't wait to get out of highschool and out of this place. Everyone talks about how it's great to raise kids here, but about 75% of the people I know at my highschool are on coke and most all of em hit the herb...

jrock

« Reply #76 on: March 20, 2007, 07:18:54 PM »
yeah, the only time I went out there was when he was about to die.  I met all of his neighbors and they were all fucking assholes.  He married some texas golddigger bitch that made him move there; while he was dying of cancer she OD'd him on morphine to speed up the process.  Haven't heard from that bitch since.  Still, Houston is a tight city with lots of good skate spots.  I need to make another road trip out there...

Inside Looking Out

« Reply #77 on: March 20, 2007, 08:27:21 PM »
I make it into Houston a shitload less than I'd like. Between work and school it's hard to find time to make the hour long trek and be able to stay for a good 5 or 6 hours, but I try at least once a month... fucking suburbs...

Where'd your grandpa live here, do you remember?

jrock

« Reply #78 on: March 20, 2007, 08:34:54 PM »
not sure, just some random neighborhood  in the woodlands.  I think there was a fudruckers near his house, and some upscale mall.  I got really lost driving around.  It looked like a really cool place if you like golf!

Inside Looking Out

« Reply #79 on: March 21, 2007, 07:26:25 PM »
oh god... i think i live in the same neighborhood he did. big houses? grogans point? im currently living with my rich as fuck grandma because my mom and i couldnt afford our townhome anymore. ironic, cant afford a townhome... move into a mansion...

Mentos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 26
« Reply #80 on: March 24, 2007, 09:26:40 PM »
Paris, France

Spots
Bercy, Palais de Tokyo, La Defense, Galarie Lafayette. Spot hunting outside of Paris is real difficult.

Transport
The French have the best transport system ever. The metro is so kick ass and cheap, it'll get you anywhere in Paris at warp speed. Best to buy a pack of ten tickets called a carnet at 10.90 euros.

Food and Drink
Paris has so many establishments, something you shouldn't worry about food. For good bistros go to the Quartier Latin on the 5th arrondissement and parts of the 6th arrondissement at the left bank (south side) of the Seine, around the Sorbonne University. Alcohol is so cheap here and the drinking age is 16, so youth drinking is actively encouraged.

Shops
I personally found it hard to find shops from street directions and maps, so it's best to bring your gear directly. There's 3 main shops, the most famous of which is Street Machine.

Travel Tips
Cops are easily bribed, give em a beer or two and they'll leave you alone. The French dislike Yanks and Britons, so pretend you're Australian or Canadian.

muskasback

• Rep: 1
« Reply #81 on: March 25, 2007, 08:09:34 PM »
Someone do atlanta please.
Don't call it a comeback.

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Da$h
« Reply #82 on: March 25, 2007, 11:15:57 PM »
Paris, France

Spots
Bercy, Palais de Tokyo, La Defense, Galarie Lafayette. Spot hunting outside of Paris is real difficult.

Transport
The French have the best transport system ever. The metro is so kick ass and cheap, it'll get you anywhere in Paris at warp speed. Best to buy a pack of ten tickets called a carnet at 10.90 euros.

Food and Drink
Paris has so many establishments, something you shouldn't worry about food. For good bistros go to the Quartier Latin on the 5th arrondissement and parts of the 6th arrondissement at the left bank (south side) of the Seine, around the Sorbonne University. Alcohol is so cheap here and the drinking age is 16, so youth drinking is actively encouraged.

Shops
I personally found it hard to find shops from street directions and maps, so it's best to bring your gear directly. There's 3 main shops, the most famous of which is Street Machine.

Travel Tips
Cops are easily bribed, give em a beer or two and they'll leave you alone. The French dislike Yanks and Britons, so pretend you're Australian or Canadian.

what about mexicans?
Han solo blew up the Death Star in Episode 4.  Heard it from a friend.  Reliable source.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #83 on: April 01, 2007, 01:36:12 PM »
what's that restaurant/club thing in portland that used to be a school?  what's that about? 

WILL

• Rep: -51
« Reply #84 on: April 01, 2007, 07:22:10 PM »
what city is the georgia bank at? and what video?
moses ollies from the fountain thing into the big red brick bank in rds/fsu/02.
its in vancouver and theres also a 8 stair there with a slight up hill landing.
its the spot at 0:33 http://youtube.com/watch?v=0zRV1y__YnM
all those spots are in vancouver need any help getting to them? www.skatenewspot.com
why flip your board, when you're just gonna land back on top of it again?

somekid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -57
« Reply #85 on: April 01, 2007, 07:32:44 PM »
what's that restaurant/club thing in portland that used to be a school?  what's that about? 
you're thinking of the kennedy school. its a mcmennimans deal. bunch of different bars under one roof, and a movie theatre as well. (theatre is in the gym of the school, with couches and overstuffed chairs in it-epic.)

one more reason portland is the greatest.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #86 on: April 04, 2007, 09:59:51 PM »
yeah..that's it...ah...what's that place with the apple baby dutch pancakes?  it's kinda downtownish....and is the avalon arcade thing still open? 

Mentos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 26
« Reply #87 on: April 10, 2007, 01:10:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Paris, France

Spots

Transport

Food and Drink

Shops

Travel Tips

[close]

what about mexicans?
I love them, like a fat kid loves cake.

hamboner

« Reply #88 on: April 12, 2007, 11:38:10 AM »
anyone from baltimore. i'm going out there tomorrow to visit a buddy and he found a shitload of spots but if there are some gems, i'd hate to miss them
because the motherfuck I can

plastic bench nerd

« Reply #89 on: April 14, 2007, 07:12:45 PM »
yeah..that's it...ah...what's that place with the apple baby dutch pancakes?  it's kinda downtownish....and is the avalon arcade thing still open? 

yeah the avalon is still open,,that place and kenedy are the spots, nothing like having a beer while watching a movie on the big screen,,im drawing a blank on the pancakes though...