Author Topic: Your city  (Read 206816 times)

Math Professor

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 23
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Your city
« Reply #180 on: December 19, 2007, 10:08:56 AM »
Malaga, Spain
========
Less blown out than Barcelona but also with far less spots.  There's still some fun stuff.

* 50mm ain't gonna work well at this spot.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2007, 10:12:04 AM by Math Professor »

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Da$h
« Reply #181 on: December 19, 2007, 01:57:31 PM »

fuck pomona.no offence to you or your family or anything.but my brother died at the auto-lodge in pomona.

sorry to hear about that.

and not to be a dick dude i really feel for you but everyone has someone who died here, and thats no need to talk shit on my city, if you would like i will show you around to my most sacred of spots and you can tell everyone.
Han solo blew up the Death Star in Episode 4.  Heard it from a friend.  Reliable source.

toy machine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -29
« Reply #182 on: December 19, 2007, 06:07:03 PM »
Malaga, Spain
========
Less blown out than Barcelona but also with far less spots.  There's still some fun stuff.

that spot looks amazing.

EricLogan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 836
  • the ghost of Turd Ferguson's past
« Reply #183 on: December 19, 2007, 06:16:04 PM »
i heard on sundays the downtown is pretty much dead and super good to skate....

If you're speaking to me, yeah, definately. You live within driving distance?
I rarely venture into classic slap and the one time I do it I find a guy getting his dick eaten by a dolphin.

Math Professor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 23
« Reply #184 on: December 24, 2007, 11:10:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Malaga, Spain
========

[close]
that spot looks amazing.

You can even skate the banks on the opposite side of that hip.  It's a bit steeper and the crack at the bottom gets harsh in a few sections but it's still a fun spot.  On the weekends the pedistrian traffic is pretty mellow as well.

fullyflared

• Rep: 0
« Reply #185 on: December 25, 2007, 10:57:21 AM »
someone do SF please.

knr

• Rep: 2
« Reply #186 on: January 14, 2008, 10:56:23 AM »
Miami. Great city with a free train system to go around the whole city and stop every few hundred feet. Great spots. Great weather. Some spots you may know of from videos are ADP, the white 7 hubba Wenning did SS Back Smith. NMB, The blue 7 hubba Ryan Gallant does Flip FS Noseslide. Triangle, don't think it needs any explanation, but the triangle Johan did FS Nosegrind. Wade D did SS Ollie in.. right in the center of Downtown. Downtown has TONS of spots within a close skating distance that can be a bust but you can always go to the next one and when you get kicked out of there go back the one before that for however long. Over the bridge, a 5 minutes bus ride will take you to Janoski benches, the wooden benches on the pier Janoski has the long line at ending with the perfect SS Front Heel on flat. Rooftops, the roofs Ben Gore did Fullcab Flip on in Static 3. Can be a big bust if you get caught. Plus its a super sketchy spot and most people are pussy to go up. Its all about to fall down and you have to go up a little rusty ladder with a drop under it of about 60 feet into broken seats and glass. So many more spots I can't even begin to name. Plus theres so many more South Beach spots. MIA shop is in South Beach. "Foot Soldiers" is a shop in downtown that is like a Hip Hop/Graffiti/Skate shop. Overall, Miami is raw as fuckkkk.

Mr. Man

• Rep: -10
  • superCENTRAL
    • supercentral avatar image
« Reply #187 on: January 28, 2008, 07:39:50 AM »
Austin TX

Spots:

-there's really no one spot that everyone can meet up at or anything that amazing at all, but the city itself is very skate-condusive, with a downtown full of rolling hills and great bomb spots, with tons of little things along the way.  i'm told there are spots out in the suburbs but i never bother.

-the world famous Psycho Ditch, located on 45th between guadalupe and lamar (KOTR ed templeton frontside rock with a straitjacket on).  its located across from the state mental ward hence the name.  actually a very fun weekend spot, you can even BBQ there.

Shops:

-the newest and coolest shop is "No Comply", owned and operated by none other than jake nunn and elias bingham.  located in a rad part of south austin, it's a small shop but they stock good stuff.

-Find N Grind, pretty awesome little local-run shop.  they have a mini in the back, just ask and i'm sure they'll let you skate it.  the owners of this shop also run a little board company, Brown Boards.

Locals:  everyone is cool, the city itself is laid back and finding fellow schralpers is pretty easy.  you're best bet is to hit up one of the shops and you'll probably find a good crew to show you around or at least point you in the right direction.

Eats:
kinda too many to name.  the whole city is riddled with cheap mexican joints, super authentic shit.  the best as far as price and quality is Tamale House, on airport blvd.  a full taco dinner with all the fixings is $3.25 out the door.  also check out Thundercloud Subs for the best sandwiches in town, or if you've got some money to spend you can check out the Whole Food World Headquarters and load up on some healthy shit.

Booze:  if you've ever been to austin you know finding a bar aint hard.  it all depends on what you want in a bar. 

-for a dark sleazy spot to get completely hammered and probably bump into other skaters, Jackalope is the best bet.  its big and has a nice outdoor portion with a firepit. 
-pretty much just go downtown and wander around until you find something that looks bearable.  if you're feeling trendy and wanna get laid hit up Beauty Bar on 7th for all the latest in hipster girls with tiny headbands, dudes on fixies, and DJs that get paid way too much.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 07:52:20 AM by Mr. Man »

ahlee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 481
« Reply #188 on: January 28, 2008, 07:49:35 AM »
http://youtube.com/watch?v=iCZ23rTx7nk

mostly everything in here, but the holyoke section and up is local local

Hypnotoad

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 156
« Reply #189 on: January 28, 2008, 11:49:16 AM »
if you're feeling trendy and wanna get laid hit up Beauty Bar on 7th for all the latest in hipster girls with tiny headbands, dudes on fixies, and DJs that get paid way too much.

haha so true... perfect

the canadian suit

« Reply #190 on: January 30, 2008, 08:16:52 AM »
<b>Baltimore</b>

Shops: skate shops here suck, and are super spread out.
          Skatology ( bel air) for the latest in duffel fan-fare, all over print hoodies, ltd nikes, etc.
          3 ride for snowboards and maybe some shoes and girls
          i've heard rumors that charm city exists, i haven't been though.

Spots: Ridge Lumber: vacant lot with dude made ledges quarters super steep bank to curb, drops, jersey walls. pretty fun, mellow, always people there. little kid factor: 6/10
Downtown: legg mason, inner harbor, federal hill, etc. all smooth shit, real fun. instant bust at most places though. they will kick you out without question, but cruise the neighborhoods for sweet cellar doors and janky shit.
Dundalk Pavillion: longgg 3 and 2 stairs, some rough ledges, a bank.
Towson: mini city, super fun for a day, banks, ledges, street gaps, wall rides, garages with curbs and mannys. fun shit.
Landsdowne: way old park, huuuge snake run, cement bowls, real fun, full pads. complete with metal street course haha and 4 foot mini that is ridiculous fun to hit up, kind of in a sketchy neighborhood though.
Old Hillen movie theatre: Two ads in thrasher taken here..loading docks into banks (tom guielfuss wallride ad) three monster steep banks next to pretty heavy traffic, red painted curbs. pretty fun. there's little shit all around...

there's also 3 or 4 other free metal parks. notice i said metal....

Food: chipotle downtown, panera/potbelly for sandwiches. zia's in towson for veg food. there's food everywhere, if it looks good it probably is. fells point/federal hill for real good eats.

Night life: downtown anywhere, for easy hipster girls hit up sonar on fridays..free drinks before 11. dollar beers in towson on wednesdays. shows at the ottobar, complete with smiths nights every two weeks.

overall its pretty tight. there's steps and rails everywhere, flat ground. ground is rough in some places, but you get over it.

also, york pa is just 30 minutes away and theyve got sick spots in their downtownish area, which is literally 4 blocks wide.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 08:31:05 AM by the canadian suit »

bill hates

« Reply #191 on: January 30, 2008, 03:34:58 PM »
Expand Quote

fuck pomona.no offence to you or your family or anything.but my brother died at the auto-lodge in pomona.
[close]

and not to be a dick dude i really feel for you but everyone has someone who died here, and thats no need to talk shit on my city, if you would like i will show you around to my most sacred of spots and you can tell everyone.
my homie seen a girl get shot in the face at a party in pomona
the park is okay for about an hour though

jack sandwich

• Rep: 21
  • lost in the sauce.
« Reply #192 on: January 30, 2008, 05:05:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

palomares?

bill hates

« Reply #193 on: January 30, 2008, 09:02:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

palomares?

yeah that shits fun for a while until you realize theres nothing to drink

jack sandwich

• lost in the sauce.
« Reply #194 on: January 31, 2008, 05:41:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

palomares?
[close]

yeah that shits fun for a while until you realize theres nothing to drink

some fuck knocked out the watering hole.

pancake man

• Rep: 34
« Reply #195 on: February 10, 2008, 02:34:27 PM »
http://youtube.com/watch?v=iCZ23rTx7nk

mostly everything in here, but the holyoke section and up is local local
where is that brick hip? and theres some empty pool somewhere in Holyoke, i don't remember where it was though, all i remember is that it had a seven stair in it and i barged it in 8th grade

jarrito

« Reply #196 on: February 10, 2008, 02:54:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Could someone do Carlsbad?
[close]
Yeah... I'd be interested to see what spots come up in Carlsbad.

cbad and some san diego spots

theres obviously cbad high gap

san dieguito

ledge to bank

places to eat

manhattan pizza
ricos

chill

at the strip clubs they good. just watch out for them marines

shops

tilys, zumiez, SIKE!

mcgils skateshop in encinitas

« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 02:57:44 PM by jarrito »

skatemore,man

« Reply #197 on: February 11, 2008, 03:31:06 PM »
taunton MA

skaters edge indoor skatepark
snow man bowl, 4ft-9ft, crete coping
cradle 12 feet if i'm not mistaken

banks to wall, steep ass bank/pyramid, double set, 10 set, 6 set, 7 set, assorted rails and ledge. kink ledge, 4 ft mini, 6ft mini, hip, 4ft quarters, 9ft quarters. foam
pit
other stuff too that i can't think of right now

IP parking garage
 30 ft manual pad with 2 ft drop off
slab gap2ft ledge

Morton Ledge
one ledge, 2 blocks, knee high
one ledge, 1 block hip high

Boys club parking lot
jersey barriers
new pavement
grass gaps

random shit that you just know about from skating around the same shitty town for half of your life.

shops
Skaters Edge, not a great selection all the time, but Big Dave is a straight enough dude and his prices are the same as everyone else.
The Bike Barn is in Whitman and is a little better and sean rips

Food
Weir House of Pizza
mike the greek owns this place, dude has been ripping forever, lets kids build ghetto spots out back. REally good steak tips, pizza, fish and chips. weak beer selection. moderate price, good atmosphere with NO problems. good looking slutty waitresses too.

Big Wong
Best chinese food in Ttown, dude will deliver til 2am.

there are 5 dive bars within walking distance from these resturaunts and the skatepark

Salisbury NC (just left)

foundation spot off of I85
some built in cinder block ledges
kicker ramp
gap from top half to bottom half
BEAST gap from top halp to what appears to be a former loading zone, ends into a steep hill that leads to ichiban parking lot
low banks with gap in between

City park
thigh high ledges, tennis courts

Knox middle school,
moveable benches
3 stairs
bike racks down stairs

Elemetary school behind knox

5 set with ledge on side
6 set with ledge on side
folowing the 6 set is a bank/manny pad that leads to the bball court
6 set in the back, the rail is now gone
double 8 set to bball court

Rowan Medical Gap
parking lot gap with bushes

fisher st. ledges
4 squares of granite ledges, each maybe 25 feet long, 10 inches high, going in every direction

Half circle ledges
little higher than knees, waxed like butter

Rent A Center ledge
3 brick ledges that get progressively lower on the descent of the hill

Waterworks Gap
brick run up, bushes, shin high wall to 2 foot drop, sidewalk to street

Courthouse 10
beast of a ten, 2 snapped ankles in 6 months. i'm all set

Freedman's Cemetary banks/wall
behind the justice center is a cemetary with banks that start off low and hit a peak in the middle. ridiculously steep at the highest point. There is a stair set in the middle, also at the beginning there is a stump that you can carve around if you're able to do a nose bonk on the wall. The wall is wicked burly, made out of cobblestone, nothing less than 60mm is going to make it off without an ensuing slam.

Main street ground rail
behind Spinzanellis coffee shop there is a white hip high ground rail that is built into a brick foundation. it's good for regular skaters to slide and gooft skaters can grind it. It's got a nice slanted run up.

There are more spots that are so random i wont dig em up.

Shops
There is a skateshop owned by a guy with a mullet who called me "sir" the first time i walked through the door, nuff said.

rainy day used books
there are no skateboards for sale in this store, just used books and records. Chris Johnson is a great guy. If you're in town, it's off on Innes street. Walk in and ask for transients choice, you'll get a free e cup of coffee and a place to chill. dude plays punk rock and phil ochs all day, best place in town.

Food

Las Palmas closed. RIP, that was a great place to get drunk everynight and hear someone play music

Salty Caper
has wicked good beer selection, pizza cooked in an oven fueled by wood. No bud products, miller, coors, just dank high gravity beer. Pricey, but well worth it. Dammit Dave might be a dick head at first, but his place has the best grub in town, hands down.

La Cieba
Honduran Bakery, great tacos, burritos, and pupusa. 3 pupusa (tortilla with stuff inside, circular shape) will cost 4 dollars, meat, cheese, veggies, anything you want. they've got good donut type pastries too, good cheap bread as well.

soup kitchen
not a bad place either, free grub for all the cats who can't find a job.

czech

« Reply #198 on: February 11, 2008, 04:31:32 PM »
im about 10 minutes into virginia but i come here often...

Washington DC
have fun with the park police

SHOPS:
Palace 5: 2216 & 2220 14th st nw
Attitude: 8608 baltimore ave, college park md
Elite: 11961 fair oaks mall, fairfax va
Pitcrew: 207 north market street, frederick md

SPOTS:
there are very little actual spots here, a few good ones that you can be arrested for skating and then a handful of shitty spots

and im citing this video for spots: http://youtube.com/watch?v=9-mP2LTtQ9Y

:00 african american memorial vermont & u nw
:16 malcolm x park 16th & florida nw
:24 welfare 2nd & c sw
:25, :46, 2:12, 2:33 pulaski 13th & e
1:02 indian museum 3rd & independence
1:07 cvs rail indiana & 7th
1:19 courthouse kinda where constitution, pennsylvania and 3rd intersect
1:36 white steps 18th & virginia
1:57 gold rail (middle rail is knobbed but you can skate the side ones) 12th & f

most other spots in that video no longer exist, have been knobbed, or are too good to be in dc

FOOD:
you can find cheap carry out places everywhere except the downtown area
lots of potbellys, theres ones right next to pulaski and cvs rail but they close really early
jumbo slice pizza 2445 18th st nw 4 bones for a slice but this is a slice:http://www.thedctraveler.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/11/pizza-jumbo-slice.JPG
open till 4 am every day

schlegs

« Reply #199 on: February 24, 2008, 05:27:39 PM »
very little spots in dc? you serious man?  The park police are a bummer but just hit up the spots after 6 and you'll be fine.  And if they're crackin down just chill at the bridge spot at H St. and 2nd, but if you fall there you'll get a staph infection
That punk ass ginger is always rubbing one out somewhere on the perimiter of my property. Luckily got that net replaced before the kickflip into the mega QP. Nigga cant have no other man's substance touch his knee pad.

dirtjers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 102
  • Far out man.
« Reply #200 on: February 24, 2008, 05:59:06 PM »
dc is the fucking illest place ever. the park police were in full effect last time i was there though, more so than i had remembered. still got some skating in though.

qwertypoiuy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
« Reply #201 on: February 24, 2008, 06:19:25 PM »
very little spots in dc? you serious man?  The park police are a bummer but just hit up the spots after 6 and you'll be fine. 

thats not true at all ive had park come well after 6

Choppa Zone

« Reply #202 on: March 13, 2008, 07:05:52 AM »
Fort Lauderdale, Fl

Straight little city, 25-30 min drive from Miami

Spots

Downtown- 3 gap 3 , this thing,  a 2/3 block , 5 flat 5, Wooden Ledges

Beach Walls -

Chattahoochie Banks -

Their's more, All a pretty big bust

Eats

Zona Fresca-next To Bc Surf and Sport, best mexican food for under $5

Shops

Bc Surf & Sport

Just go to Miami

« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 07:07:24 AM by Choppa Zone »

ahlee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 481
« Reply #203 on: March 13, 2008, 08:20:06 AM »
That boardwalk spot is fun as shit.

bizarro gub

• Rep: 7
  • lincoln of the sea
« Reply #204 on: March 21, 2008, 10:03:51 AM »
lol mandals.
Alexactly shaves.

Derk the Jerk

• Rep: 61
  • Formerly Derka Derk
« Reply #205 on: March 27, 2008, 04:03:26 PM »
Utrecht, the Netherlands

spots:
De uithof University area lots of different spots. the orange pool (suski bs noseblunt) is skateable 24/7 and you cannot be kicked out. won't happen anyways. The marble and wooden ledges are busts on weekdays.

Blauwe hipje lately has been bit of a 'bust', but is skateable for atleast half an hour.

Domplein near the picturesque Domtower is a little pavement slap with a 3 stair and this.
great to just mess about.

we have plenty of other spots, but they are small and only fun for 15 - 30 minutes.

food:
Utrecht is not really a city full of deli's, just hit up a supermarket (they are everywhere) and get yourself a baguette, brie and a sixpack.

Booze:
either supermarkets or Berts Bierhuis (translated Bert's house of beers) a small store which only sells beer.

Clubs and bars are to be found in all sorts and sizes, but the only ones we go to are
tivoli (good for students on thursdays)
Kafe Belgie (bar with 180 sorts of beer)

edit: i forgot the coffeeshops

we had the longest running coffeeshop in the Netherlands, but it was ordered to close as visitors caused a whole range of problems, but after that the 'Koffiedik' is the best coffeeshop in this city.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 04:20:50 PM by Derk the Jerk »

JonnyG

• Rep: 28
« Reply #206 on: April 28, 2008, 09:06:36 AM »
here's a better photo of the orange pool

and the ledges at the uithof are no bust after 6 pm
« Last Edit: April 28, 2008, 09:10:21 AM by JonnyG »

skaterdavid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 192
« Reply #207 on: April 28, 2008, 07:54:44 PM »
here's a better photo of the orange pool

and the ledges at the uithof are no bust after 6 pm

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8BPw-eMO8_U
same spot at :52?

kilgore.

« Reply #208 on: April 30, 2008, 12:37:38 PM »
i thought the same thing when i watched it. i'm sure it's the same spot.

JonnyG

• Rep: 28
« Reply #209 on: May 09, 2008, 05:28:44 AM »
yeah, thats the spot, the gap malto ollies is seriously insane, everybody talked about how someone should the gap, but nobody here has the balls to try that shit