Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 786087 times)

themanwhomakes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -5
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #1590 on: January 21, 2020, 03:43:08 PM »
I think it is too, can’t wait. Need more cushion for pushin!
One post in and he's threatening pro skaters with violence over their shitty bands. Best first post ever?

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1112
« Reply #1591 on: January 22, 2020, 10:47:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Appreciate the contributions.
That skates great outta the box is one of those fucking horrible tropes, laziest shit, best dude out, style for miles, type of comment. Feels like I read those type of comments from tws for fucking ever. (Whew).
But yeah, it’s like the shoe already sucks when they ‘blah blah blah fresh outta the box’.
I dunno what changed, but I get heel bruises less often, and forefoot pain always. For that reason only the 868 was, although still great, not the end of my quest. The ave shoe is kinda like this as well, super stable, skates great, but I’m def getting hot soles from my feet slapping the ground. I’m closer to 50, than ya’ll, and feel like Air Force 1s would be a reasonable option (they aren’t really, I’ve tried, I’m just saying I’ll try stilts or bricks or whatever the fuck).
After forefoot pain there’s a bunch of other joint pain.  Biggest obstacle to me skating regularly. I’ve tried some ‘out of the box....’ ideas: Harden’s first shoe. Af-1s, several times, and looked at tons of other sports shoes. I’m sure I’m a small part of the skate purchasing world (super old person), but as more of us try and skate into the 50s (and beyond I hope, like at least roll push, maybe ollie a curb) some solutions would be nice. Not the right thread, at all, and I’m sorry for that and this nonsense, but I’m definitely down for weird ideas. The Lebron soldiers looked ....not really skateable. But close. Maybe Jordan 11 low. But Jesus. Anyways.
Nb has made some really well crafted shoes. Some high quality materials. It’ll be cool to see where they take it.
[close]

I mean, I am 44 and the 440 is probably my go to at this point. I'd love to try the 913, so if NB wants to send me a box, we can talk. But I'm a mostly low impact (occasionally jumping down some stairs) guy and this shoe is ticking a lot of boxes for me.

Thanks for the recommendation.
I never jump down, that’s rad!
I’ll try on the 440s next time I’m bugging the ship guys.
1010 (shoe....) is something I’ll look for in the future.
Just glad to skate/roll.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #1592 on: January 22, 2020, 11:03:35 AM »
Just found the 306 for 60 bucks so I decided to give it a shot. Went TTS since all info indicates that’s the way to go.
Just wanted a change from the aves I’ve been on since sept

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #1593 on: January 23, 2020, 11:01:54 AM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #1594 on: January 23, 2020, 12:19:01 PM »
that SHOE would LOOK good AS a HIGH TOP
good come sausage

RossDailey

• Rep: -54
« Reply #1595 on: January 23, 2020, 02:25:43 PM »
that SHOE would LOOK good AS a HIGH TOP

It just looks way better as a low-top & probably sells way better that way too.

rlang

• Rep: 19
« Reply #1596 on: January 23, 2020, 03:09:53 PM »
Lets get a sneak of the 1010. I'm breaking in my last 868s right now.

satan

• Rep: 38
« Reply #1597 on: February 01, 2020, 12:13:25 PM »
What shoe is this?

VCR

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 194
« Reply #1598 on: February 01, 2020, 01:00:42 PM »

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 34
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1599 on: February 02, 2020, 02:32:52 AM »
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1600 on: February 02, 2020, 07:57:04 AM »
Just checking in for the 1010 pics.
Should probably get the westgate, he the best.
My bro calls em ‘trumps’ whenever I wear em.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #1601 on: February 02, 2020, 07:59:39 AM »
funny you say that the MIUSA 990v4 I wore is crazy comfy and people for sure associated NB ceo or whoever bring a trump supporter- my bro and friend said the same thing.

chris.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 184
« Reply #1602 on: February 02, 2020, 07:14:37 PM »
Breaking in my 913s now and I love them. Been skating Busenitzs for a while but really just need more support. The more I wear them the better I think they look.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1603 on: February 02, 2020, 08:51:41 PM »

Unfortunately, I don’t have pics of them. But I think two colors at launch. Black/Gum and white/blue/yellow.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1604 on: February 03, 2020, 08:32:15 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
funny you say that the MIUSA 990v4 I wore is crazy comfy and people for sure associated NB ceo or whoever bring a trump supporter- my bro and friend said the same thing.

Haha. Yeah I’d launch into an argument trying to defend and then he’d just grunt: ‘trumps’.

Tate: have you tried the 913s? I seem to remember you liking the pj shoe, which I also liked.

Second Division

• Rep: 8
« Reply #1605 on: February 03, 2020, 10:05:58 AM »
Skating the 913s right now, and it's probably my favorite shoe that I've had in a long time. Doesn't blow out, keeps it's shape, and is super comfy/durable (I had the 440's before this, which I liked, but those blew out on me).

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1606 on: February 03, 2020, 12:57:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Haha. Yeah I’d launch into an argument trying to defend and then he’d just grunt: ‘trumps’.

Tate: have you tried the 913s? I seem to remember you liking the pj shoe, which I also liked.

Just laced up a pair in navy/grey/red. I walked around in break them. Going to skate in them soon enough.

Skating a 533 v2 now. I think my last pair left. Going to end up skating the 913 to see if I like them. They seemed more flexible out the box than the 533. Those needed some serious break-in time.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #1607 on: February 03, 2020, 02:27:14 PM »
Just had my first sessions in the 306 and I’m pleasantly surprised by the break in time. Felt great after an hour and although the insole isn’t super thick i felt better than the same session on the aves. Pretty stoked I grabbed them

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1608 on: February 03, 2020, 04:03:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

Just laced up a pair in navy/grey/red. I walked around in break them. Going to skate in them soon enough.

Skating a 533 v2 now. I think my last pair left. Going to end up skating the 913 to see if I like them. They seemed more flexible out the box than the 533. Those needed some serious break-in time.

Thanks for reply.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1609 on: February 03, 2020, 04:32:36 PM »
Just had my first sessions in the 306 and I’m pleasantly surprised by the break in time. Felt great after an hour and although the insole isn’t super thick i felt better than the same session on the aves. Pretty stoked I grabbed them
good comparison - interested to hear more about the differences as you continue to break in

cricketclub

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
« Reply #1610 on: February 04, 2020, 09:10:57 AM »
What shoe is this?

Why that is the much loved and beautiful 868 which has been discontinued. Numeric suggests the 913 if you want something similar. It's frustrating because I keep seeing Numeric team riders skating pairs. I feel like hype on that model is picking up just as it went away.

I never personally tried it. I heard you should get a 1/2 size up if you find a pair.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 09:41:26 AM by cricketclub »
Handsome debonair fella, Got the Mellow Yellow bezel, Black rims on the Phantom same color Dr. Pepper.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #1611 on: February 04, 2020, 11:16:11 AM »
tbh i could have gone a full size up in mine, usually wear 8.5, had a 9, was still too tight.

sry to anyone looking for a 9, i already got rid of the shoe a while ago.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1612 on: February 04, 2020, 12:02:03 PM »
I’m a ~12.5 TTS and wear a 12 in blazer gt lows, and a 13 in the 913 i thought the toebox was pretty roomy, not just length but also height. Not sure if they’d break in and get better but doubtful. Still a super clean shoe and felt great upon try on.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 12:03:48 PM by jay_nev »

A HOMOSEXUAL PERSON

• Rep: -24
« Reply #1613 on: February 15, 2020, 12:22:31 AM »
Heyy anyone tried to remove the logo from the side of their shoes?

These look like they could come off easily if there's no glue under it
https://www.newbalance.com/pd/numeric-379/NM379V1-32920.html#style=NM379MDL&width=D

DaSk8D00D

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: -108
  • Can't Leave SLAP Alone the Game Needs Me!
« Reply #1614 on: February 15, 2020, 09:22:12 AM »
I’m a ~12.5 TTS and wear a 12 in blazer gt lows, and a 13 in the 913 i thought the toebox was pretty roomy, not just length but also height. Not sure if they’d break in and get better but doubtful. Still a super clean shoe and felt great upon try on.

Would’ve maybe gone TTS in the 913, I went with my usual size and they got juuuust right

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1615 on: February 15, 2020, 10:00:22 AM »
Yeah I’m gonna try 12 moving forward.

Got a $20 reward expiring 3/3/20 on NB dot com so I gotta pull on something.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1616 on: February 15, 2020, 11:02:42 AM »
Expand Quote
What shoe is this?

[close]

Why that is the much loved and beautiful 868 which has been discontinued. Numeric suggests the 913 if you want something similar. It's frustrating because I keep seeing Numeric team riders skating pairs. I feel like hype on that model is picking up just as it went away.

I never personally tried it. I heard you should get a 1/2 size up if you find a pair.

I’ve got the 868 and the 913 in the same size (11). There is a bit more room in the toebox in the 913 although I’d be hesitant to size down. I’d also be wary of sizing up on the 868.

Have not broken in either and the suede may stretch more on the 913 than the synthetic in the 868 - we’ll see.

FWIW, I did need to go a half size down on the 420 because the 11 was huge.

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
« Reply #1617 on: February 15, 2020, 11:35:23 AM »

Lloyd Braun

• Rep: 80
« Reply #1618 on: February 18, 2020, 03:14:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
What shoe is this?

[close]

[close]

I’ve got the 868 and the 913 in the same size (11). There is a bit more room in the toebox in the 913 although I’d be hesitant to size down. I’d also be wary of sizing up on the 868.

Have not broken in either and the suede may stretch more on the 913 than the synthetic in the 868 - we’ll see.

FWIW, I did need to go a half size down on the 420 because the 11 was huge.

For 868’s sizing depends on the colorway/when it dropped. They ran 1/2 size small up until beginning of 2018 I believe? I have a whole stash of them think I’m up to 10 or 11 pairs now. Wish it didn’t get discontinued I see a lot of the riders rocking it. It’s my favorite shoe hands down. Anyone who’s looking check eBay there’s a few for a decent price, some for regular retail but none in my size unfortunately.

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #1619 on: February 18, 2020, 04:22:53 PM »
Just recently I met someone who can get me all numeric's for almost half off. So I bought a pair of 212s which I love the way they look but I couldn't possibly skate in because there is no arch support. Is there any models you guys like that have good arch support right out of the box? I dont really want to go down the aftermarket insole road.